• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Guild of Heroes: Song of Champions

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Terra smirked as she knew her race was discovered. "I was only taking it easy to make sure I didn't get too exhausted..." she said as her disguise faded. Her wings and tail did not form but now her legs and arms had scales on them. She did not look exhausted even after that barrage of orbs.

Terra closed her eyes as she took a deep breath in. As she breathed out of her nose, steam came out of her nostrils. She snapped her eyes open to reveal dragon pupils and the air around her seemed to heat up drastically. She rushed Emily as fire escaped her mouth. Terra broke through the barrier, with her disguise down she had her full awareness so it brought it down to a bit over a regular brawler. She threw a scaly fist hard at Emily, not at full power due to the passing of the barrier. "It'll take more than that to drage down." she yelled as she threw her punch.

Alteras Alteras

Wobb Gooblesplatsh
Let's watch the test!
Wobb let out a tiny gasp to himself when he heard: There was gonna be a combat test! Wobb remembered his quite fondly. it was so cold... Wait. it was really cold right now. Oh, who was that behind him? Wobb didn't recognize him, but he sort of half-waved. Man, that was cold. If this guy didn't ease up on whatever spell this was, Wobb would probably get all cold and cubic. Not that that was bad, it actually made moving around a little easier in some ways, but still. Most people found the touch of a superchilled Wobb to be MUCH worse than the touch of a regular, slightly warm, not frozen Wobb. Anyway, he said to the other man
"I'mma wadge da tessfite. You comin'? Id'ww be gweat!"
Wobb said, shuffling his half-frozen foot-puddles over to the arena to watch the combat trial. Already, it was good stuff! The new girl could turn her fists all scaly and breathe fire! Was she a dragon-person? Well, whatever she was, she was great at punching! And the receptionist (it was Emily, wasn't it? Yeah, Emily.) was using all kinds of magic to try and slow her down. Not at all like his test. There, he was the one on the run. Still, he could see this new girl was at LEAST apprentice-worthy, right off the bat. Maybe she'd even make it to be a neonate! Oh boy, this was exciting!

( Alteras Alteras Octo Girl Octo Girl BlackJack BlackJack )

Last edited:
[div class=EmilyFlex] [div class=EmilyImage] [div class=EmilyTitle]Emily Chevalier
Guild Receptionist
[/div] [div class=EmilyMentions] Location:
Guild of Heroes Reception Desk

Interactions:
Vesryn ( LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 )
Terra ( Octo Girl Octo Girl )
Sion ( BlackJack BlackJack )
Wobb ( Graystone713 Graystone713 ) [/div][/div] [div class=EmilyContent]Emily was prepared for it this time, and the moment she saw the black barrier shatter, Emily launched her grand hail towards the dragonborn. Unfortunately the girl still had strength and was very close to Emily to power through a spell that derived its origin from the Mythical King of Ice, so Emily tossed herself toward the side just as Terra swung her fist. Thankfully the effects of the Sloth King, combined with the Grand Hail of the Ice King, were finally able to show some worth, so Emily was able to gain some room with it. As she rolled herself across the floor, she grunted out an evasion spell. "Dance of the Fairies, Wealth of Ability!"

Emily started to glow a light green as she skillfully recovered from her position like a ballet dancer moving to their next stance. Her left arm regained some of its strength from the spell buff, but wasn't quite at a point where she could use it. Emily began to run around the lobby, circling around Terra as best as she could.

"Antepenultimate Addendum!
Let the sweet words of slumber be heard,
And mask the inert whispers of a curse.
Blessings of the Sinful Sloth King — Orbs of Exhaustion!"

At once, Orbs of Exhaustion once again formed at her fingertips, however with an ominous shade of purple, hinting to a much more potent, and possibly cursed version of the orbs from before. Emily once again tossed them out as she attempted to exhaust Terra. To be honest, being able to break through the Lethargic Barrier and the Grand Hail and still be able to through a sizable punch, she's definitely an apprentice, if only for her brute strength. Let's see if I can get more out of her. [/div][/div] [class=EmilyFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=EmilyImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/3822838135964a2c83e4ec0027-1499767526_waifu2x_art_noise3_tta_1-png.36357/full'); background-size: 120%; background-position: center 6%; background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=EmilyTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 2.5px; width: 100%; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; color: #3ba6dd; font-size: 45px; font-family: 'Great Vibes'; text-shadow: 0px 0px 15px white; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); [/class] [class=EmilyMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Philosopher'; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=EmilyMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=EmilyContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Philosopher'; [/class]

Last edited:
d0b.png
Terra, seeing the trick now yet not knowing how to deal with it well, decided to pull out last resorts and unfurled her wings at long last. Revealing the rest of her dragon-like features, she took to the sky, able to leap higher with the help of her wings. She hovered for a bit before landing down onto the ground, hard enough to send cracks to the walls and sending parts of the floor going up. She did this to disrupt Emily's run cycle, but she was then hit by some of the orbs that were not destroyed by hitting debris. She was huffing as she was at under half her normal strength now, not normal for her.

Heat resonated from her akin so much that it was visible, bursts of flames were visible as she huffed from her nose. Terra was angry and it showed too well. She charged where she thought Emily would be but missed and dug her fist into the wall. She struggled to free it.

Alteras Alteras BlackJack BlackJack LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Graystone713 Graystone713

Risa_Banner.jpg
Interacting with
Saia Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
She looked towards Saia hearing what she had to say. She didn't show much of a response, keeping up her stern expression. Finally finished up she continued walking, keeping quiet for a moment as the two traveled down the hall making their way further through the guild. She pondered a bit as far as what she should say. It wasn't exactly as if she was the most established member. Still she wasn't one for simply dismissing the opinions of others even if they might be new blood.

"Speaking of me as being infallible is a rather silly statement to make. It almost sounds if you are either are trying to brown nose, or you view me to be so fickle that words will allow you to pull my strings to act in a manner you think best away from some perceived stupidity I might possess." She spoke looking back briefly with a rather serious expression on her face. She turned her head back, shrugging a bit as a demonstration she was more so simply bringing it up finding no personal offense taken by it. It was just a small peeve she had. Her foot steps could be heard echoing through the halls as they made their way through further down the hallway approaching closer to more public areas of the guild.

"To say I fully trust in what Cyrus says would be a lie. I find holding complete faith in someones words to be a foolish endeavor that will likely end up getting you back-stabbed at some point. None the less I am certain what he says is truth to a percentage I find more then acceptable to go through the measures to request the help of other guilds." She psoke quite simply, leaving out the details about the fact her request had been almost universally rejected. What little help that was offered was far from the support they would likely need to deal with the problem. Whether Cyrus's supposed training would do much to help any of them given the short time window was hard to tell.

"The forest is a very dangerous place. Scouting is far from something I would suggest anyone does, particularly alone. if you really wish to check on things of your own accord I won't stop you, however the guild hold no responsibility for your timely demise nor retrieval of your body. I won't sanction anything as the Guildmaster but if its something of your own free will so long as you mention your departure at the very least you can do whatever fills your fancy so long as it doesn't break any major tenants of the guild." She looked over being quite quick to the point. She wasn't the type to go ordering people around unless needed. So long as she provided a warning enough about it she was fine with whatever Saia might want to do, though ideally she wouldn't get herself killed in the process.

[div class=EmilyFlex] [div class=EmilyImage] [div class=EmilyTitle]Emily Chevalier
Guild Receptionist

Interactions:
Wobb ( Graystone713 Graystone713 ) [/div][/div] [div class=EmilyContent]Emily smiled a bit more as she saw Terra in her truest form. Yes! Come at me! As the dragon dove down toward the ground, Emily firmly stopped in her tracks, swiped her arm across before her, and summoned several orbs at once, all which immediately shot forth. Some of them collided with the debris flying through the air, but some of them managed to hit Terra. Regardless, debris was still flying towards Emily. With her utmost ability, she dodged what she could and took what she thought she could be healed from.

Suddenly she saw flames and watched as Terra charged into a wall. Emily stared in shock at how much damage she was able to cause to the room, a room that was suppose to be the first line of defense for the interior of a fortress. She shock herself from her shock when she heard Terra struggling. Ahh, that's right, we've had those types of people before, those with absurd strength... Emily took a look at the crater in the floor, then at the cracks in the wall before preparing her final spell.

"Preantepenultimate Addendum! Meus Verba Audiant!
Let the Suffering fade away,
Let the Anxieties of Daily Life come another day,
Let us bask in the Glory of Eternal Sleep,
A Sleep that brings us to Everlasting Peace,
Praise to the Cardinal Sin King of Sloth — Peace within the Torpor of Darkness!"

Mana pooled around Emily as she turned her palm towards Terra. A dark orb swirling with a multitude of colors formed. The orb itself is much smaller than the previous ones, but those who saw it experienced an intense sensation of tiredness. The orb is extremely dangerous, and Emily knew it. The spell she wove called upon all the previous chants of the Sloth King to form a spell that grants rest through eternal sleep, otherwise known as death. Normally she would have to weave many times more verses to make a proper death spell, but decided that this much was enough to intimidate the dragonborn. All this one would do is cause a coma. The orb moved slowly towards Terra, as if experiencing the languish effect that it is suppose to give. It would take about a minute for it to reach her, but Emily believed that Terra will be able to escape her predicament. If not, she'll forcefully cancel her own spell. She displayed enough power to be recommended for Neonate, but if she isn't able to escape from this, then I'll only make an honorable mention to the Guildmaster. [/div][/div] [class=EmilyFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=EmilyImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/3822838135964a2c83e4ec0027-1499767526_waifu2x_art_noise3_tta_1-png.36357/full'); background-size: 120%; background-position: center 6%; background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=EmilyTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 2.5px; width: 100%; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; color: #3ba6dd; font-size: 45px; font-family: 'Great Vibes'; text-shadow: 0px 0px 15px white; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); [/class] [class=EmilyMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Philosopher'; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=EmilyMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=EmilyContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Philosopher'; [/class]

Last edited:
Terra managed to free her arm from the wall and stumble away from it. She seemed to be slowing down but still with it. She was huffing as she noticed what was flying towards her, almost at her face. Her eyes went wide as she dove out of the way, the ball scraping her wing but that was enough to take her to under 18% of her energy. She was still awake but physically and mentally exhausted.

She used what energy she had left to disguise herself back into her human/elf looking form. "S-sorry... About... The room..." she said as she huffed for air and stood up wobbling. She was handling her exhaustion better. "I... Let my... Anger... Out..." her exhaustion could be heard in her voice as she fell to her knee but stood back up. She was not used to being this low on energy.

Alteras Alteras

Kthaog'Ydu | Courtyard -> Headed towards Dining Hall | Open for interaction

Three days into the future found Kthaog'Ydu in the courtyard of Fort Black, sitting in the shade of the fountain. It was somehow calm despite all the chaos that had been going on in the world. He enjoyed the background noise that it brought, being beneath the sound of water was somewhat reminiscent of his hivemind, although that comparison was feeble at best. He did not dwell on the thought for long, no reviewing his notes was more important and a less bothersome subject. He had almost doubled his collection of notes and research in the past three days, although most of it was on the local wildlife. If all else failed he would at least have these. If this Turneval truly was as big a deal as everyone had said, at the very least perhaps his notes might be a saving grace. Perhaps if he sought out a new colony his memories on the many races and animals of Albion would be too valuable for the other Illithids to destroy. He curled his tentacles, nervous of the prospect. It was a weak backup at best.

Ydu was consumed by his racing thoughts until at last a distraction gave him room to breathe, albeit in the form of a horrid wave of unnatural energy and fire. He shuddered and coiled his tentacles even tighter. It seemed there was never a dull moment since he joined the guild, and although he'd wanted this he'd yet to decide if that was a good or bad thing. An argument seemed to have broken out and Ydu took the safest course of action and retreated back into the halls of Fort Black, away from the drama and potentially deadly magic.

((Im publishin this half asleep so heads up i probably fucked somethin up))

Viska
Action: Talking with Ka'Sha cause she's nice

Viska woke up early in the morning because Cyrus left her homework and spell studying last night, he was super cool. The way he explains magic, incantations, and spell movements was like so radical. So she began studying gleefully with this giant book on top of her legs as she sat in a chair. She mimicked the movements and incantations she was supposed to do and always near the end she'd giggle madly. Then her stomach started growling, she was hungry, she needed food, she wanted Apple Juice.

So she left towards the dining hall, paying no mind to the dread and terror that filled the hearts of people in the outside world. In all of Albion, no in probably the whole world, Viska was probably the Happiest and most Optimistic about Turneval's return. She figured that maybe the great evil dude just needed a hug and a friend and he would become no longer a bad dude cause he got friends! Of course Viska knows nothing about him but whatever.

When she arrived she saw Ka'Sha sitting there, trying to hide? Or at least make her seem smaller than she actually was. Viska grabbed her food and a lot of Apple juice boxes and sat down next to the big Lizard Lady, and offered her a Juice box.

"Good Morning! Apple Juice?"

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse
Balthazar Bellanthriel
Sustenance Corridor
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Archdemon Archdemon

"I assume you're the culprit behind all of the missing apple products?" Balthazar interjected, before Ka'Sha could respond. He was looking at a diagram of a weapon that he held in his lap, with his free hand lazily pointing at a spoon that hovered above an empty plate.
Balthazar looked up from the drawing and added, "For real, though, you probably shouldn't take food from the kitchens unless you plan on eating it. It's a nice gesture, but with Laurellia cutting us off, we probably shouldn't let food go bad. And if people find out about the ice room, they'll all want their own.
As Balthazar talked, the sooon he was levitating twisted itself into a knot. Then it clattered to the floor, and Balthazar jumped a little before bending down to observe it. "Shit."
Ka’sha Stonejaw
Dining Hall

@Sp3ctr3 Archdemon Archdemon

Ka’sha was still scanning the room for Auriel and deciding if whether she should just confront the fallen angel when all of a sudden a little, lizard(?), girl suddenly approached her and greeted her loudly. Well, not really loudly, nut Ka’sha was so agitated that a mouse’s squek would have seemed loud to her. Anyway, Ka’sha was caught offguard and nearly jumped out of her seat only to lamely fall flat on her face when she tried to stand up. Yep, smooth operator this one is.

Anyway, while she was getting up and trying to hide her burning red face, another person approached them. This time it was man who had the face of a snake but had legs, which was quite weird to be honest. Ka’sha had no idea what he was talking about regarding to the floor but she saw that his little toy fell on the ground, so that’s something.

Um, s-sorry about that. I was just, ahem, um, j-just nervous, yeah, that.” She said as she finally stood up and took a seat beside the little lizard girl. “I-I’m Ka’sha by the way. S-sorry if I, um, forgot your name or if you have introduced yourself to me earlier. I’m really bad with names.” She sheepishly said, slightly remembering something about names. “T-This is Bim, he’s my, um, my friend.” She said, holding up Bim in her two hands, which almost covered his entire body save his face. “I-I’m not really sure about this apple culprit, b-but it wasn’t me.” She said, not sure if the snake man was talking to her.

Vesryn Octo Girl Octo Girl Alteras Alteras

Vesryn cracked a grin while watching all of this, propped against the wall while watching intently. "So, Em, what do you think?" He asked, glancing at her once it was all said and done. "I don't believe she did too bad, if needed I can take her under my wing, pun intended." He said, looking back at Terra. "Oh, and don't worry, worse has happened that gets fixed." He said, looking back at the mess that was caused.

Viska
Action: Talking with the people

Viska was sipping on her Apple juice while there was a new arrival to the table. Then the large lizard lady was spooked and fell on her face. She said she was nervous but Viska happily sucked the Apple juice from the straw.

"I Don't steal from the food lady! She is like super nice! Besides I offer people Apple juice because they might like it, if they don't want it then I drink it you silly goose. Oh if we're doing names I'm Viska! Your friendly Kobold!"

Viska turned her sights on Balthazar.

"Oooh! That is so cool! How did you do that!"

When Ka'Sha pulled up the big and adorable Griffin, Viska's eyes began to sparkle in awe and glee. She couldn't contain herself as she hugged the Griffin and began petting it.

"He is so Fluffy! And he is super adorable! I love him!"

Viska was preoccupied by petting and giggling with Bim, she probably will be addicted with his fluffy body and his cute little face.

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

Cyrus didn't care much for Jason's words. He hated to admit it, but he wasn't quite as inclined to punish Jason. In his eyes, it was mostly the bard's fault. Whereas Jason was unaware of his colleague's abilities, Ellis knew full well the potentials and dangers of the human mind. But at least the wizard seemed to calm down a little, his voice still grumbling and aggressive, but he was no longer yelling or outright furious.

Cyrus shook his head at Drui's statement. "He's not untrained, just stupid," he snapped, looking at Ellis. "Why did you trigger so many chaos bursts?"

"I..." Ellis felt exposed, he didn't want to admit to not using his magic for this long. He couldn't do that, as that would only make Cyrus' opinion of him even worse. A mage with limitless talent squandering all of it over the course of his teenage years. There is nothing mages or wizards hate more than wasted potential. So he lied instead, "I can't tell you."

The old wizard clenched his fists and his body shook with a terrible rage. He closed his eyes and the rage that took him seemed to dull.

A long moment passed, and finally, Cyrus breathed out and spoke, with a slow, peaceful voice, "Do you think this is a game? Lives are on the line. I need everyone in this castle, I need them in top shape, in a matter of weeks. What I don't need is troublemakers running around, breaking things."

Ellis didn't know how to respond to that...

Cyrus opened his eyes and looked at Ellis indifferently. "You understand?"

Ellis nodded.

"I've been too harsh. Anyone has the right to make mistakes - you, or me - but my previous statement will remain intact. If you want to meditate, do so in an environment where you're either not a risk or certain to maintain focus. A mage with his thoughts running unchecked is a dangerous thing."

(The Random Number God rolled a 10 on a 1d10 "Turenval Threat" roll. It seems he wants to start things out with a bang.)

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof Alteras Alteras Lovable Dark-side Lovable Dark-side Hanarei Hanarei fluticasone fluticasone Swire Swire LostHaven LostHaven FireMaiden FireMaiden Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Octo Girl Octo Girl SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Graystone713 Graystone713 Reinhardt Reinhardt Noble Scion Noble Scion Blood Born Angel Blood Born Angel BackSet BackSet Sea Jay Sea Jay Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Archdemon Archdemon LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Fable Fable Elekta Kount Elekta Kount BlackJack BlackJack One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Goretiss Goretiss

The Guild Seals flared up in blue color. A soft female voice came from it, "Emergency alarm."

The voice gave details, "Fourth-class undead horde with death knight detachment detected emerging from the Dark Forest two minutes ago and approaching Xhorhas at high speed. Estimated time of arrival is half an hour. Approximate likelihood that local defenses will hold on their own: one-point-one percent (1.1%,) or less. Approximate likelihood that local defenses will hold with minimal Guild support: one-point-five percent (1.5%.) Approximate likelihood that local defenses will hold with full available Guild support: thirty-five-point-eight percent (35.8%.) Accounting for all Guild sub-structures refusing cooperation, approximate likelihood that local defenses will hold with full available Guild support: seventeen-point-seven percent (17.7%.)"

A fourth-class undead horde was the worst category of them all. Tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of undead creatures of great variety from undead humans to drakes and other monsters. A death knight detachment further suggested that the enemy intended to not only raze the city to the ground but use the ruins as a fortress for raising further undead in the future.

Ultimately, however, while individual Guild members could choose to respond, most would listen only to the guild master. ( Hanarei Hanarei )

Cyrus seemed to mutter with terrified eyes, looking at no one in particular: "It begins..."

Saia
Guild halls
Interacting: Risa ( Hanarei Hanarei )

Saia tilted her head at the brown Nose comment. "I honestly had no idea that would mean offense. Father told me those above me in Stature will always have the better judgment. I apologize for that..." Saia paused when she heard the bit about Risa letting her do this.
"Wait Guildmaster your letting me do this? I honestly thought I was going to be denied because, nevermind not the point? Guildmaster am I free to try and find others to assist me, and if so how many can I take?" Saia asked thrilled she had this opportunity. To see the possible evil taking hold of the world.

Asterin Blackblood
7bfe9a10ec341b1df68a023a8e4890dd.jpg

Asterin’s grin widened at his defense of humans. “Oh I know,” Asterin purred, her long elegant pointer finger lifting up and grazing his hand that rested on the dummy with a long silvery claw. “but only for bedding and blood.” She stared directly back into his faint blue orbs. If Blackfire witches didn’t see so well in the dark, or in any light at all, she was sure she wouldn’t have seen the blue at all. She found her own reflection in those eyes, and wondered if lichs were also born without a heart just as witches.

You were made into monsters.

Her stare didn’t break as he loudly noted the fresh scars on her cheeks and neck. Asterin fought the urge to dig her claws into his hands and hear the way he screamed, which was still sitting delicately on his hand, her claws looking easily as sharp enough to cut into flesh with no problem. A silent threat.

Asterin wasn’t smiling anymore as he mentioned she report it, though her cold golden eyes seemed to dance with amusement at the thought of reporting her grandmother. She wouldn’t be the only dead on in the Guild. Asterin kept her surprise hidden, as the air turned to ice and his presumption of her, or rather somewhat of a threat, as he was assuming she was working against them, left shadows of each word spoken. She stared unflinching. She’d seen far darker things then simple parlor tricks. And alas, he challenged her, taunted her, he craved for a fight and she was tempted to give it to him. She wondered what he tasted like.

“How foolishly stupid you are for a lich,” Asterin observed with cool indifference, stepping closer so there was little space between them. “If I was working against you, the Blackfires would’ve done the deed centuries ago before I came into this world.” She breathed, each word laced with ice and boredom.

Her claws dug into his hand, not enough to draw blood or scar, but enough to only slightly hurt. “I believe you’ve spent too much time with the mortals. Their arrogance is wearing off on you.”

Her tone was a harsh, cool whisper, her eyes filled with bloodlust and an indifference, so close, he would most likely feel the breath on his ear as she leaned in and whispered, “Come find me when you stop acting like a petty mortal.” Asterin leaned back, her nails and teeth retracted, and she nearly looked human if it weren’t for the gold eyes and moon-white hair.

With nothing else to say, her eyes and posture remaining indifferent to him, Asterin turned and began to stalk off towards the direction of the courtyard, where chaos seemed to be ensuing. She wasn’t far off it seemed, because as soon as she entered the courtyard, the emergency alarm went off. And she was the terror on Cyrus’s face enough to know the chances weren’t likely of winning.

Interaction: Faust LostHaven LostHaven

Last edited:
Balthazar Bellanthriel
Dining Hall -> Xhorhas
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Archdemon Archdemon Hanarei Hanarei

"It's not a matter of stealing," Balthazar explained, "It's because the food-"
"Emergency alarm. Fourth-class undead horde with death knight detachment detected emerging from the Dark Forest two minutes ago and approaching Xhorhas at high speed. Estimated time of arrival is half an hour. Approximate likelihood that local defenses will hold on their own: one-point-one percent (1.1%,) or less. Approximate likelihood that local defenses will hold with minimal Guild support: one-point-five percent (1.5%.) Approximate likelihood that local defenses will hold with full available Guild support: thirty-five-point-eight percent (35.8%.) Accounting for all Guild sub-structures refusing cooperation, approximate likelihood that local defenses will hold with full available Guild support: seventeen-point-seven percent (17.7%.)"
Balthazar said nothing, and the plate in front of him suddenly broke cleanly down the middle. With a trembling hand, he procured his guild sigil. It was pulsating a soft blue, eerily calming despite broadcasting a threat that had a three in five chance of destroying an entire city. Balthazar looked over to where the Guild Master was sitting, his brain trembling just as bad as his hands.

Guild Receptionist

Interactions:
Wobb ( Graystone713 Graystone713 ) [/div][/div] [div class=EmilyContent]Emily waved to Vesryn to heal them all. "She's very good. She's definitely a recommendation for Neonate. I was hoping to get a bit of magic out of her, but her brute strength and resistances can compensate for quite a bit." Emily walked over to the documents, and filled out the rest of the forms for Terra. "And with that, Welcome to the Guild, Neonate Hopeful Terra Chivern. Vesryn will be able to show you the facilities that we have."

Emily walked around the counter, pulled out a health potion and a stamina potion, and handed it to Terra. "Ahh, Wobb, welcome back. Your reward is already in your room." Emily looked at the other newcomer, the ice fella. "How can I help—" As she began to ask what the boy was looking for, the alert rang across the lobby. After a moment, she shouted to everyone in the lobby. "ASSEMBLE AT THE GUILD HALL AND AWAIT FOR MORE ORDERS FROM RISA! Vesryn, heal up Terra as best as you can. Wobb, let Risa know about our newcomer. I'll make my preparations."

Emily ducked into her desk and began to make her own preparations. [/div][/div] [class=EmilyFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=EmilyImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/3822838135964a2c83e4ec0027-1499767526_waifu2x_art_noise3_tta_1-png.36357/full'); background-size: 120%; background-position: center 6%; background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=EmilyTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 2.5px; width: 100%; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; color: #3ba6dd; font-size: 45px; font-family: 'Great Vibes'; text-shadow: 0px 0px 15px white; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); [/class] [class=EmilyMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Philosopher'; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=EmilyMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=EmilyContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Philosopher'; [/class]

Last edited:
Ka’sha Stonejaw
Dining Hall -> Guild Hall

Archdemon Archdemon SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Hanarei Hanarei

Ka’sha couldn’t help but smile when the kobold, not lizard aparently, Vishka introduced herself and proceeded to pet Bim, obviously charmed by her little friend. Not that’s hard to see why, Bim’s got all the charm in the world and then some. Too much actually that few would associate this fluffy little thing to the nobility and pride adult Griffins are known for. This little guy looks more like a ball of cotton than a noble beast, though there is no doubt that he would eventually grow into one. “T-Thanks. Bim really is adorable isn’t he?.” She shyly said despite the pride creeping in into her voice as she scratched Bim below his beak, her mind momentarily taken off her problem with the fallen angel.

This didn’t last long however, since shortly after that a voice started to annouce something throughout the Castle. Most words were unfamiliar, but she got the general gist of the message. Something is coming from the Dark Forest and it is bad, go to the Guild Master to know more. This was not something Ka’sha expected, considering that they were supposed to go into the Dark Forest in a while, but it looks like the Dark Forest came for them first.

Ka’sha stood up and placed Bim on his perch on top of her head, regrettably cutting off petting time with Bim, which Bim didn’t appreciate based on his pecking of her forehead but Ka’sha paid it no mind. “W-We should probably go to the Guildmaster. I-I think something bad is going on.” Ka’sha said to her two new acquaintances as she headed towards the Guild Hall where the Guildmaster is likely to announce what’s going on.

Vesryn

"I can't heal tiredness, but." He takes out a flask and tosses it to Terra. "That should keep you up." He walked to Em, hand glowing as he set an arm on her shoulder, leaving it as his magic did it's work. "You, on the other hand, need the help." He takes his hand away, nodding as her arm should now have been fine. "Now, let's get going, this should be an interesting listen... Neonate." He jokes, nudging the Dragonborn's arm to get her to follow, turning and walking to the guild hall.

[div class=fyurifauxtabs]Drui | Courtyard | Interaction: Ellis/Cyus ( Birdsie Birdsie ) [/div]
[div class=img2]
iU4c5Ku.pngg
[/div]Drui frowned at the Wizard's harsh reaction, though she wasn't going to argue that what Ellis had done wasn't stupid. It was bloody moronic to try something like that. She was glad though that he was no longer going to exile the boy for his mistake, even it was pretty horrible. She stepped towards Ellis slapped his backside hard, "Good thing I didn't jump out and scare you in the library while you were poking around in there." She laughed, but was interrupted by the sound of an alarm being announced.

Drui's happy expression melted as the alarm continued, blaring out and assessment and probability of success. "There goes Albion," she said to herself, crossing her arms over her chest. "Good thing as a minor deity I can interfere in mortal affairs," she said with a slight pep. It was useless to stress about the impending doom and to cut right to it and get this problem solved. "We could always try and good old fashion holy warding of a city, might deter them to buy some time. Though where you're going to find the people do cast such a thing and it be effective... ehhh."

She paused and raised her hand to her chin before she snapped her fingers, this action seemed to be something instinctive for her, "Bards! Music! I've never tried to cast holy music before, and it's crazy, but might as well try! Anyone here able to play an instrument?"

[div class=fyurifauxtabs]Veth | Courtyard | Interaction: Cyrus ( Birdsie Birdsie ) [/div]
[div class=img]
AgDLFsE.png
[/div]Veth looked at the one who had caused the trouble as Cyrus calmed down and clarified the dangers Ellis posed when he wasn't careful. While the chaos was unintential, Ellis still posed a threat. She'd have to keep an eye on him when he was around. If she had to knock him out to stop this from happening again Veth would do so to prevent loss of life.

When the alarm sounded and the announcement stated the odds, Veth crossed her arms over her chest. Cyrus muttered 'It begins' under his breath and Veth was certain they were no longer going into the Dark Forest. Their foes were coming to them. She moved to stand in front of Cyrus and looked him in the eyes, "Now is not the time for you to show this emotion, Wizard. Time is short and you are the most experienced against this enemy. We need to know what we are truly up against and the best methods that we can carry out within our limited capabilities."

[class=fyurifauxtabs] width:100%; text-align:center; background:none; box-shadow: 0 1px 2px rgba(34, 25, 25, 0.4); border-bottom:1px solid #fff; [/class] [class=img] float:left; max-width:400px; pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=img2] float:right; max-width:400px; pointer-events:none; [/class]

Leonidas
Action: Overseeing the temple's construction and looking after the converted village.

In Albion close to the Espanian Border lies a town of Gestal, a town with a mixture if many cultures due to changing hands between Espania and Albion over many years through war. The town is really centered around farming and agriculture but they have their own blacksmiths, grocers, inns, taverns, and all things a town has, but they are mostly just farmers and maybe some warriors due to the change of hands between nations.

Recently however they began changing this mixture of cultures for a new one, a... Foreign one. The town began having recent changes especially due to the religion, they began worshiping foreign gods. These gods are if the Greek Pantheon which the Spartans brought over to the town. It took some time and convincing but they were able to show the town what true gods were like, by taking down a dungeon near the town that was a nuisance. The gods themselves did intervene but not physically, but the town saw proof enough and were easily convinced for some odd reason.

Soon they began adopting a Greek lifestyle or at least we're learning how to be more like Spartans. Though most of all this town began constructing a temple to the gods if Olympus, a great gesture to their faith if ever there was one. This would help establish the faith of Hellas and be a tremendous effort in bringing forth the Spartan ways to this new land.

Leonidas was overseeing the construction of a temple devoted to the gods. The populace there had accepted them so it was fair that the Spartans make a temple for the town. Leonidas was going through and seeing who was willing to join the Spartans, they needed to rebuild their army if they are to have any decent chance at any other army.
Birdsie Birdsie (There ya go.)

Last edited:
Terra drank from the flask and felt rejuvenated. "Alright!" she said excitedly as she rushed, following the ones that were running towards the guild hall. She had tucked both the stamina and health potions away so she could use them later. She did not know what a neonate was, but that didn't matter. What mattered was protecting the guild and the surrounding city.

She managed to get to the guild hall without much trouble. In her disguised form she did not stick out much, besides for her eyes that is. "Well... Here goes.." she said with a sigh.

Ellis / Cyrus of Trostenwald | Courtyard | Fable Fable lightdrago lightdrago Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Noble Scion Noble Scion

Ellis felt something strike him in the back, as his torso lanced forward, he almost lost balance and fell, barely managing to stand on his feet. Drui made a joke about the library, and Ellis sighed. "I'm not in the mood," he brooded. His mind was torn to shreds.

The alarm went off with threats of undead attack. Ellis clenched his teeth, then yelled out, "And the good news just keeps coming!" His sarcastic remark went unnoticed by Cyrus, who stroked his beard.

He nodded to Veth's wise words. "The enemy is powerful and numerous. The death knights cannot be hurt by mortal attacks. My silver fire may hurt them, but it'd be good if we had a paladin around. Someone with holy powers."

No one probably noticed, but Ellis was visibly shaken and froze when Cyrus said the specific words: 'silver fire.' He recomposed seconds later, without a word. Drui mentioned the possibility of holy music, and asked if anyone can play an instrument.

Ellis slowly turned around and tried to tip-toe away, but Cyrus grabbed the back of his collar and dragged him closer. "You're in as her sidekick." With a hefty lunge, and strength not expected of an old man, Cyrus pushed Ellis in Drui's direction.

Ellis stopped moving, looking at the ground awkwardly and gritting his teeth. This was not good. He stammered, "I don't wanna go!" He did not have the courage to look Cyrus in the eyes as he said that.

Cyrus faced Ellis.

He whacked the young bard on the head with his staff. "Ow! What the hell, man?!" He looked up at Cyrus, noticing the heavy frown of the wizard. "I'm not going!"

Without blinking or furrowing an eyebrow, Cyrus repeated the action. "Ow! Stop it!"

Cyrus repeated the action. "Guh! What the hell is your problem, man?"

Cyrus repeated the action. "Gah! No! Not doing it!"

Cyrus repeated the action. "Piss off, you old wanker!"

Cyrus repeated the action. "Please, please, stop!"

Cyrus repeated the action. "Fine! I'll do it!" Cyrus raised a brow.

Cyrus repeated the action.

"What?! I said I'd do it!"

"That one was for being stubborn as a mule, go and retrieve your lute. If you try to escape, I will unleash on you tenfold the pain of having your back whipped for every meter you go." Cyrus turned to Drui, then took out his pipe and smoked it, breathing out a hazy cloud and blue bubbles. "I expect nothing but a good performance from you. Give it your best."

Mumbling in anger, Ellis ran off toward his room. He had to get his lute and possibly gather all of his belongings. As soon as this battle was over, he would leave and go due east, through the Desolation and toward Espania. Then he'd go north, to live in whatever peaceful domains await beyond, if any at all.

Ellis returned five minutes later, wearing a backpack and with a wooden lute in his hand. He promised not to take drugs, so he discarded them, but he had his immeasurably valuable whiskey canteen on person.

Cyrus turned to Ellis. "What kind of spells can you cast?"

"None," he retorted dryly.

The wizard furrowed his bushy eyebrows. "No time for jokes."

"I'm aware," Ellis answered.

"Enough with the sass, boy. Leave it for the enemy."

"Sure, grandpa. Let's leave it for the fight I'm being forced into against my will."

Cyrus sighed and faced Veth, Drui, and Jason. "I will go see the Xhorhas city officials and inform them of our imminent arrival. You three, keep an eye on the bard. If he tries to run, incapacitate him then bust his kneecaps with a mace - I will heal him at a later juncture. If he's sassy, hit him on the head with moderate force. If he's aggressive, tie him up. If he tries to meditate, knock him out cold."

Cyrus spoke an incantation. A flash of light followed and all that remained was falling dust and the bard, who now grinned sheepishly.

Ellis whistled, then threw a charming look in their direction. "Sooo... I'll just be on my merry way then~! See you in the far, far north, if you survive!" Ellis began to slowly walk away, in the direction of the gate.

Kakarot | Temple To The Gods| Archdemon Archdemon

Dark clouds gathered over Gestal on that day.

Somewhere in the late afternoon, a short figure, maybe one-hundred and fifty centimeters tall rode into town, cloaked in black, on a horse of bone and rotting flesh. The guards near the front gate fell asleep as he rode past them with a gallop, seemingly from the fog that was following him. The villagers instantly screamed and hid, as fog and darkness followed the hooves of the beast that spearheaded this malicious aura.

The fog stopped spreading as he stopped moving forward. "Who here is the leader?" Kakarot asked nonchalantly, his voice carried through the town with the breeze. "Reveal yourself and represent your people."

Risa_Banner.jpg

Risa looked over to Saia, her eyebrow perking up at the response. She hadn't expected for her to react in that sort of way. It came off as if she had given her full approval of her plan then offering a more honest suggestion if she was really obsessed with attempting to scout. She shook her head a bit letting out a light sigh. Perhaps she was a bit too loose when it came to leading the guild. While she came off strict, she was the type to allow Guild members to do what they pleased on their own. A responsible leader probably would of simply rejected the idea outright and scolded the very notion that it should even be attempted.

"Like I said, its nothing I will officially put as a task for the guild. If you really want to risk your life its of your own accord, same with any who might want to come with you. I'm not going to put a number to how many go with you, as far as I'm concerned its not an affair of the guild I...." Her voice was suddenly cut off as the emergency alert blurted through the hallway. A stern expression fell over her face as she glared a bit more to herself. Damn it. this soon? Risa didn't waste any time as she darted forward down the hall taking up a much quicker pace through the hallways heading to the main hall. As she headed forward her mind raced attempting to formulate a plan as best she could.

Risa entered the main hall glancing around noticing not everyone had already gathered. It wasn't at all unexpected given the sudden nature of the emergency. Her mind continued to go over options, none of them were very good options in the end. She spotted Emily behind her own desk seeming to be getting herself ready. She found a spot centering herself in the guild hall getting herself higher up to speak. Her voice would be projected that way out across the guild reaching multiple locations so everyone should be able to hear.

"All available Heroes are to move out to Xhorhas. Our main priority will be to get citizens to safety. Guild member's safety is priority number two. Stopping the hordes from razing the city will be our 3rd priority only if the first 2 can be safely accomplished. Any form of Holy magic or weaponry will be of great help to our cause. Ensure you are paired up with at least one other person, don't go off thinking you are tough shit and going alone and getting yourself hurt and unable to be taken to safety if stuff goes wrong. Move out as soon as possible and work towards getting people out of there or anything that can be done to slow down the horde to give citizens a better chance to escape. Avoid fighting a Death Knight at all costs."

Risa finished speaking remaining where she was hoping everyone would head her words. While she didn't say it vocally, the analytical side of her knew full well with what little information they had there was practically no chance of victory. Chances are they would only delay the inevitable. The last thing she wanted to do was admit such a thing and lower the moral of everyone. So long as there was a small chance they had some hope they might be able to save the city, even if it was a long shot.

Leonidas
Action: Meeting an agent of Hades

Suddenly while Leonidas was looking at the work being done, screams of terror began to erupt from the town. As he got out he saw the dark sky and a short cloaked man riding on top of a rotting horse. They were being visited by an agent of Hades, though it is more like a name for the undead than the figure being an actual agent from Hades. Hades never send the undead to deliver his message, and so Leonidas knew this man was not from the gods.

The Spartan king walked fearlessly towards the person wishing for his presence. His Spartan warriors close behind though most stayed back to protect the village should the need arise. Leonidas had about 30 of his soldiers behind him, the other 270 were close behind, plus the six recruits they gathered. Leonidas held no fear of the man nor the beast, and neither did his soldiers. They were trained to show and feel no fear towards any enemy, that is one of the things Spartan discipline takes away.

"Poios eínai pou zítise tin parousía mou? Gia na milísete ston Leonída! Vasiliás tis Spártis!"

("Who is it that requested my presence? For you speak to Leonidas! King of Sparta!")

Birdsie Birdsie

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Viska
Action: Ready to join the fight!

Viska heard the announcement but being oblivious to the history of the surface world was still slightly optimistic. The percentage thing was just numbers, she was sure they could defend the town! They are heroes after all! She got out of her chair and looked to her two companions.

"We gotta help those people! Let's all go there together! This is what us heroes are supposed to do anyways! I'm sure my friend Solus can help with those holy spell! Common what do you guys say!"

Viska had no idea how grim the situation was but she didn't look like she would be swayed to think otherwise. She held out her hands to her new friends, ready to teleport to the city whenever they were.

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back