• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A GAME OF SINS. [A LIMITED RP] [REBOOT AND RECRUITMENT]

Wiggle

the best of the best, ya heard
Hello! I've rebooted my character driven roleplay, known as A GAME OF SINS. I am searching for roleplayers that are able to write a minimum of two to three paragraphs, be somewhat knowledgeable in the English language, i.e. grammar and spelling, be able to follow a storyline and rules, and just have fun. This is an advanced roleplay and I expect it to be a fun one. If this interests you, follow the link to my role play and create your character.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/a-game-of-sins.83486/

The basic idea is that your character, which was once human, was twisted and turned into something more powerful than before, be it for lust of power, someone's deceit, or dark magic. They are now forced to fight in a game where they are pitted against each other every few centuries to battle it out and to find out who is the strongest among them, which is crowned the King. As your character progresses, they will begin to learn about who they were in the past, their personality, where they came from, their names, all because of landmarks, dreams, etc. Now here is where the plot comes in, there hasn't been a new King in over a millennium, and the current King is Siegfried, an ancient tribal warrior from a Germanic tribe. His memories have not returned for some strange reason or another. Will your character be the one to succeed Siegfried? Or will they lose, damned to forget and remember once again? It is your decision what path your character walks, if they will be good or bad, be the product of fraternizing with dark gods, or black magic, will they be kind or cruel? The decision is yours alone.

No, I wanted to focus more on character development and their personal stories and the conflicts between characters more than the tournament itself. It's just a loose plot used as a background if you will.

A system can be amicable to the development of a setting and the players' interaction and therefore the space in which the player characters mature.

Can I just use the same character?

I may actually switch to a new character, if I feel I can make another one

Last edited by a moderator:
@Korry I'm still keeping the old up up for you guys, I just wanted a second one where I could have more experienced and different players.

@Bardiel Another reason is I've no idea how to do any other system in RPing other than just writing a story out. I've never done tabletop role playing where you roll the dice or whatever. I've done any other systems for a role play either, I also feel that incorporating a system could scare some people off, especially if they've never used a system for role playing much like myself. I wouldn't want to scare someone off who's capable of writing a solid post, and keeping a good role play going just because I used some system.

@Wiggle That is understandable and reasonable to assume. While it may appear daunting for you (as it for any of use when learning something new), the rewards in being able to have greater options for storytelling is worth the investment, for your personal enjoyment and that of the players. They do not suit every game, true, but they usually enhance a game. Also, they tend to be a lot easier to pick up than most imagine. Take FATE for example.

Wait, so is the original Game of Sins still going to be going? And can the people in the original join this new one?

@Natevess Yes, the old one is still open, and I want more experienced role players on this one. I made a few mistakes on the last one that I wanted to correct with this one. I'm not going to just cancel the old one and leave you guys, this one is just a second go at it, only open to older more experienced role players.

@Bardiel Why would I want to pay for something to use on a free role playing site? I may be misunderstanding you, though.

Eh, it depends on if anyone actually bites. Some of the people that signed up for it haven't even posted, and the ones that have haven't given me much to go off of. So we're kind of stuck at a standstill.

If the old one dies is it possible we could go to this one if it isn't underway? I really like the concept and it's a shame for it to go to waste

@SummerWolves Well, if it interests you enough to join, I hope it'll be enjoyable for you.

That doesn't really answer my question. If you deem us good enough, if the old one dies, can we migrate to this one?

@Natevess I guess that would really depend, nothing has happened on the first one, mostly because of short posts and nothing going anywhere. But if it were to happen, I'd rather it be a new character and not the same as your first. I'd also really like for them to be actual ex humans and not some type of fantasy creature that doesn't exist in this universe.

If it's limited, I would surely like to have a shot. How does it end and when, if you know?

@White Masquerade Well, in all honesty, I haven't came up with a solid idea on how it will end. I just know that I want it to end, and I've had a few ideas in this regard. I had one that after a while of the sins fighting, that they would begin to uncover the actual truth behind the Games and in return, the true master. This Master plans to use these Sins through the games to do his bidding. I was thinking of involving Angels and having a huge battle near the ending of the Games that results in these Sins being redeemed and becoming free of the grasp the Game has on them. They are free, no longer forced to fight others, no longer forced to forget. This is why I want good "sins" as well as evil ones, for the endgame. I also thought of involving angels as well, and would have it be a completely volunteer basis. When I feel that that Angels are to be introduced, I will introduce those who decided to create an angel character too. I want the ending to be a surprise to everyone, including myself, which is why I wish for it to be character driven with a loose plot. The Tournament is merely a background as to why they are fighting, and doesn't necessarily mean it's important to the entire story. I may not even have anyone win and just have it completely voided by the "Master's demise."

This is certainly a neat roleplay.

I can see that you want players to be capable of writing large pieces of text at one time ( from what I understand, to put emphasis on character development and thought ). As you can probably tell, I am new to the site, and that doesn't really give you much to go off of. I would like to assure you that I can, in fact meet the post length requirement. I would like to join, and if necessary, I can write up an example text that proves my writing ability.

@CalamariHero Well, first, let me welcome you. I would very much like to see an example of your writing, if you wouldn't mind sending me one in a PM, or if you wish, you can go ahead and just create a character sheet, and place your example there. I will leave it up to you. :)

Alright. I will muster something up as soon as possible. I am on mobile right now, however, so I won't be able to do it right now. I mean, I could, but it'd take a while. It is likely to be sent significantly later tonight or early in the morning. That is, if places aren't snatched up by then.

@CalamariHero If you want, you can go reserve a spot. I've only got one so far that has, there's six spots total, and there's only two that are taken. I don't mind, if you say you can meet the length requirement, then I'll take you at your word. I'd still like to see your writing style though.

Oh. Thank you. I don't really like reserving spots, but I suppose I would like to reserve a spot. I appreciate that you will take my word on the matter, but I will still find and/or write something to show you my writing capabilities.

@CalamariHero That's not a problem, would rather have RPers that are capable of writing a solid post than one liners. I look forward to seeing it.

BUMP

BUMP, STILL LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED ROLE PLAYERS CAPABLE OF POSTING 1-3 PARAGRAPHS A POST

Bump

bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back