• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Fresh Start | Splatoon RP (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"You're asking me?"
She giggled a bit, as if there was nothing wrong with anything that happened in the past 5 minutes.
"I'm actually pretty high in the rankings here. Around Pro 300. I used to be at 400, but I got a bit unlucky with some longer range weapons..."
She took a look around the building, as if she'd never seen it before. But it wasn't exactly for the act of looking, but to see if anything was different, or maybe to see the reward or weapons around. She assumed that they were locked up somewhere, beyond their reach/sight.
Then she turned to the others.
"Thanks guys for cooperating... Let's see what you got!"
Her eyes were practically glowing at this point, she was so excited. It was painfully clear that this girl is completely oblivious to anything that happened more than 3 minutes ago. Then she began to look at the radio.
"Oh Grizz! You here? I've got a party of four ready to tackle... whatever that thing is!"

Gearing up for a shift was no different from putting on a suit of armour. Nothing made Nori feel more invincible than when she was decked out in Grizzco-issued overalls and rubber boots. Even the cap fit perfectly, as if it was made just for her.

“Bzzt!” The bear carving jumped to life, and the voice belonging to who they’ve all come to know as Mr. Grizz filled the room. “UP AND AT ‘EM, EMPLOYEES! You know what they say, the early worker gets the eggs!”

Nori, noticeably more energized than before, nodded her head. “Yessir!”

“The next boat is headin’ out now. Remember, teamwork makes the dream work. Watch your backs, and stay sharp. NOBODY LIKES A SLACKER!”

That was it for the morning pep talk. Once again, the statue went back to being a statue, but their boss was still with them, this time in the form of a headset. This way they would also be able to communicate with each other no matter where they were on the field.

“Don’t forget, it’s your pay checks on the line,” Mr. Grizz continued in their ears. “Your lives, too. Do the job right, and everything’ll be fine. NOW GET OUT THERE!”

Last edited:
"Yes sir, Mr. Grizz, sir!"
Fiona quickly slipped on her green overalls, boots, and gloves and tucked the headset under her hat. She got to the boat and chose a set of special bags and attached them using the extra string on her hat. Then she strapped her life buoy to her back and filled it up using some ink she found in a puddle. After filling it up in her octopus form, she got back up and prepared for the shift.
"So if he offers that much gold for 100... do you think there's a chance those who rake in more will get even more money?"
She looked at the others on her team. The small crew of four may have just met, but Fiona knew that this wasn't going to be the end either. She decided to take a look at her bags a bit closely and found a label on them.
"Hey Rei, which special do you want? I think I may have grabbed splashdown if you want."
Though, then again Nori seemed a bit different.
"You seemed a bit more powered up. Just wanting to get your phone back?"
Fiona smiled the same way she greeted Nori for the first time.

With a resigned sigh, Reirei headed to the locker rooms and slipped into his work uniform, stashing his street clothes in a locker and prepping his gear. He returned to the group in time to hear Fiona talk about bigger rewards. "I suppose? If we 200, then theoretically it might double." Looking over the bags, he shrugged. "Sure, splashdown would help if I get mobbed."

Eelaine followed suit and grabbed her work uniform, sloppily putting it on. Too focused on fixing her entangled overalls, she took no part in the conversation and instead stumbled backwards onto the shelf of specials, breaking a spare splat bomb with her back. Her face flushing with embarrassment and drops of sweat, she coyly looked up at the wooden statue, expecting a disciplinary lecture, yet none came. Turning to the others, avoiding eye contact, she muttered a sheepish apology.
"I'm not usually like this" she explained, knowing full well that was only half the truth, but too ashamed to admit events like these were more common than she liked.

Nori must have realized she was smiling, too. “Uh, yeah, duh,” she cleared her throat and rummaged through the specials. “I wouldn’t be doing this if I wasn’t—“ The rest of her excuse was cut off by a loud crash.

The only thing louder than the avalanche of splat bombs was Nori’s squeal. Her face reverted back to a scowl when she saw who was responsible. “S...Seriously? Can’t you do anything right?”

Marching over, she ripped the special right out of the inkling’s hands...only to shove her own in its place. The sting ray. “Here, take it. You’re gonna need it.”

Slinging the splat bomb pack over her shoulder, she made a beeline for the dock. “Come on, we don’t have all day. Let’s go already!”

Fiona handed Rei the splashdowns, and began to walk back to the rack of specials.
The crash resonated through the area. But Fiona didn't mind. She believed it was just another accident that anyone could have made.
"Hey you alright? That was quite the crash."
After helping the Inkling up, she grabbed the bomb rush that was still remaining and strapped it on.
"Okay then, does everyone have everything?"
She looked around the room to see the small crew all geared up.
Hm, well we certainly look like we're ready, but some of their tempers...
Nah, I'm sure it'll be fine!

Then Nori started towards the boat.
"Oh, looks like someone's ready to work!"
Fiona dashes to catch up to them and gives them a smile before jumping into the docked boat.
"Let's smoke those salmonids!"
And she patiently waited for the others.

Defeated, she silently accepted the special. Clearly struggling to get up on her own, she grabbed Fiona's hand and smiled again.
"Thanks. It's fine. Guess I just had bad some luck this morning."
Pausing for a minute, she dreaded that her strain of misfortune would continue out on their shift, but quickly pushed away the thought in an effort to remain somewhat composed. Realising she was falling behind again, she made a run for the boat and leaped on just in time before a sleazy looking figure would sneak across the foggy pier and untie the mooring rope which held the ship in place.

After boarding the boat, Nori looked out to sea. Through a thick blanket of fog, she could barely make out a tiny speck on the horizon. That was their destination.

It was going to be a long ride. With a sigh, she turned back to notice Eelaine looking more braindead than usual. “Hello? Anyone in there?” She waved a hand in front of her eyes. “Jeez, are you always like this? What’re you staring at, anyway?”

Nori glanced around, trying to find what the inkling found so interesting. There was nothing out of the ordinary, so she shrugged it off. “Whatever.” Her gaze then fell on the sting ray that she had given her. “You know how to use that thing, right? The last thing we need is you zoning out in the middle of firing it.”

Fiona was excited to set sail once again on the murky green waters as the team's ink color began to form a unison of Orange. Fiona ran to the tip of the ship to get a look of the upcoming post. She takes a smell of the wonderfully salty air. While it may bug some, she enjoyed the fresh smell of Salmonid infested waters.

"I think I can even see the bay from here! Just I remembered it; a colossal ship with Salmonid every where. I'm getting ready for a fish fry..."
She gleefully looks onward recalling her past memories of working here. It was one of her more preferred areas of work, and she didn't mind anything of Grizzco's requirements that much either. It was fun to be adventurous.

"Remember the goal here everyone. One hundred big ones. Doesn't matter if we need all three waves or not, we just need to live with 100 in the basket."
The boat was slowly drifting closer, and Fiona began to prepare for the launch. If there's one thing she doesn't like about the job, it's when the super jump catches her off guard.
"I expect the launch is coming soon, get ready."

Dozing off into the horizon, her head filled with worry about what may lie ahead. Nothing seemed to go her way this morning. Well, really everything was going just the way it usually went for her, she thought to herself. Snapped out of her daydreams by a now almost familiar voice, she almost fell overboard.
"Huh? Oh yeah... nothing really, I guess."
She just replied with a sigh followed by a nervous laugh.
"I'll try my best."
Fiona's announcement catching her attention, she answered.
"Already? Well then... Good luck everyone! Let's get 'em!"
She was mostly trying to motivate herself, but it seemed to work. All her worries from before soon converted into determination and high hopes. Also she had something to prove to that sassy octoling. Colourful as they may be and even though they'd only known each other for less than an hour, somehow Eelaine already felt a strong connection to her coworkers. Already seeing silhouettes of roaming salmonoids in the distance, she too got ready for the jump into a new adventure.

An Inktoling had needed to get a bit more money so that he could afford to buy the Hero Dualie Replicas. While he was just fine with the Dualie Squelchers, he preferred to be up close with the opposing team and then straying back to use the special Tenta Missiles. Jace shook his head before he began to look around the boat. Maybe he could find money from Mr. Grizz and after he did a shift. What he didn't know was that there was a group already heading out. Jace had gotten on the boat, not knowing about the other four members of the shift.

The hybrid shifted his tentacle out of the way, even though it had begun to hurt for a good while now. He didn't want to let anyone else know that he was a hybrid. "Alright. Let's find the supplied weapons and specials." He spoke to himself, already starting to walk around the boat and then wondering if he was found. What would he do? Play along? He shrugged, but he was wanting to get at least the rewards.

“100 eggs, huh?” Nori adjusted her hat, a grin spreading across her lips. “That’s nothing. I can do this in my sleep.”

Now that the fog had cleared, the bay was in full view. Though there were a few Salmonids aimlessly wandering around, it was nothing a few pumps of ink couldn’t handle. She had to scoff. All those rumours were complete garbage. This shift was going to be no different from any other, that much she could tell.

“Alright, you guys better be ready! We’re off in 3...2...Huh?” Something caught the corner of her eye, but by that point was too late to react.

Whether they were prepared or not, the group was then launched towards the island, and that included the mysterious stowaway. They all landed on top of the rusty old ship, each with a random weapon strapped to them.

Nori glanced over to discover that not only was she given a slosher, but there was also a total stranger standing next to her. “What the...?” Surprised, she staggered back. “Who the heck are you?!”

Last edited:
The Inktoling glanced over at who called him out and then Jace jumped in shock, causing him to fall on his rear and stare up at the Octoling in front of him. He looked up at her and then rubbed the back of his head. Slowly, he brought his hands up and then he looked over at the slosher. "H-Hey! I'm Jace! I'm also working here on this shift." He spoke as he slowly stood up while keeping his hands up.

Jace looked around the area to see that they were on the island where the run would start. He grabbed his Dualie Squelchers before dusting himself off and then making sure that his weapons were functional before putting them at his sides. He held his hand out towards the unfamiliar Octoling, awaiting a quick handshake before the Salmonids decided to rise up and attack.

As they shot through the air she noticed that Nori was.. looking behind them? And then, she saw him.
Who the heck is that? And why are they on our Salmon Shift?
She landed onto the area to see the Inkbrush in her possession, but there were some questions to be answered.
She looks over to take a look at Jace, the newcomer.
"Ehhhh? You're on this shift too? But there are already... Well I guess it's not the weirdest thing that's happened today, Grizz did say the salmonids were getting tough... A-anyway hi! I'm Fiona."
She offered a wave and a friendly smile to the hybrid, but to be honest, she never even noticed his condition. Oblivious as always...
"I would ask a few things about you and how you got here, but I don't think we have much time before Grizz starts barking at us to start out heist."
She began her work as a brush master, and swung the brush on all directions painting the ship's surface as much as she could.

Rushing through the air, Eelaine noticed something in the corner of her eye. Distracted by the new face she crashed on the cold, hard surface of the ground and was surprised she could stand up at all. Overhearing the other's conversation with the newcomer, she decided it'd be best to introduce herself as well and get back to work as quickly as possible to ensure she could pay back the octolings broken phone.
"Hey! I'm Eelaine. Hope we'll all get along and good luck!"
Realising this was the first time she'd properly introduced herself at all and now seeing the awkwardness of the situation, she swam away swiftly and started helping Fiona in inking the place top to bottom, hoping nobody else heard her.

The Inktoling nodded to Eelaine as well as Fiona, already seeing them as nice. Glad they didn't charge at me or something. He thought to himself before looking over at the ground and then starting to ink it with the same color as everyone else with his Dualie Squelchers. Hopefully the upcoming Salmonids that were going to attack them weren't all that difficult. All he really didn't need to do was not fall in the water or get splatted by the enemies. Since it was 5 crew members, including him, they had a good chance of getting more eggs than they should.

Despite priding herself on being a hardworker, Nori was the last one to actually get to work. While splashing ink everywhere, she eyed the new guy with suspicion. Something about him seemed...off, though she couldn’t figure out why.

It took a buzzing in her ears to snapped her out of it. The voice of Mr. Grizz once again rang out. “The egg basket is ready and waiting. Now get me some Golden Eggs!”

Down at the far end of the island, Salmonids began to breach the shore, their frying pans waving around wildly. It was a larger amount than usual, but that wasn’t an issue for Nori.

She rushed towards the shore, not bothering to alert her teammates.

As she arrived, a Flyfish emerged from the water. There was something different about this one, though. It didn’t wobble or look like it was about to explode at any moment, and its launchers were bigger than ever before. When they cracked open, instead of aiming for only two of them, the missiles targeted everyone.

“What—“ Nori leapt out of the way just in time to avoid the first shot. She wasn’t so lucky the second time. It exploded mere inches away, knocking her clean off her feet.

Screaming, she fell headfirst into the Salmonid swarm.

"Flyfish here, watch out! Um... does it seem... big to you guys?"
The baskets were indeed quite a bit bigger than usual, and she was locked on. She swung her brush down and yelled:
"Let's see who's faster: Me or the missle!"
She ran long and hard, swerving left and right. Fiona only stopped when a swarm of salmon began to chase her. Luckily, the flyfish was already out of ammo.
"Not this time!"
She swung her brush ferociously at the salmon as they all popped one by one with that same old satisfying Splat!
Regaining her bearings, she looked around. And it turned out Nori wasn't so lucky.

I'm sorry, I'll revive you later! I've got a few problems to handle myself, first!
Fiona swam through the previously made ink trail and swam fast to the pilot. It was about to begin it's second barrage.
"I got the right basket!"
Immediately after, she threw a splat bomb into the basket to begin dismantling the fish.
"These baskets are definitely bigger, I think we might need a bit more firepower to go along with it! Can I get some help trashing the piece of junk?!"

After coloring in a considerable amount of the map, Eelaine looked back on her work, then at her Grizzco provided roller. "Used to be my favorite", she thought, remembering years ago when she used nothing but the first roller throughout her career. She smirked "Glad I still got it", a little too proud of herself for just running in circles. But there was no time to lose. Only now she identified the Flyfish, and its projectiles rushing towards her rapidly. She somehow managed to swim away just in time, leaving her within an inch of her life. Coughing up enemy ink and wiping it from her face, she heard Nori's plea. Scanning for the otoling, she noticed Fiona in need of assistance as well. Since she technically looked for Nori first, she decided to go after her instead of helping out her fellow inkling. "Sorry Fiona, I'll be right with you!" She dashed away into the path they all had created earlier, now covered in patches of green and thought of the newcomer and hoped he'd be alright for now. Reaching the origin of the call she'd heard, all she found was a little life ring with muffled screams for help sounding from it. She quickly swung her roller towards the helpless squid before letting out an exhausted yet triumphant "Booyah!" before being overrun by Smallfry.

Jace turned to look up at the Flyish before getting out of the way from the missiles that were launched right at him. Twirling his Dualie Squelchers, he looked ahead towards the incoming salmonids and then he was smacked by a Cohock he didn't see. He grunted as he was sent back by it but he managed to get back up off the ground, shaking his head. "Man...do they hit harder than usual now?" He asked before going to shoot right at the Cohock and the other Chum that were following it.

Once that situation was taken care of, the Inktoling turned to see a swarm of Smallfry right where Fiona had been. He started to shoot right at them, occasionally dodge-rolling backward as when they had gotten too close to him. "Hold on! I'll get you!" He called to the Inkling, hoping to at least be helpful in this situation.

In place of her usual scowl was a thousand-yard stare. Nori just couldn’t wrap her mind around how easily she was splatted. The shock was so intense that she didn’t even yell at Eelaine.

Nothing like this happened in her entire career, no, her life. Not only did she let herself down, but she was on a path to disappointing Mr. Grizz as well, and that was a fate worse than splat.

“That’s it!” Anger was a bolt of lightning that surged through her veins. “You’re dead, you hear me?! DEAD!”

Without thinking, she whipped out her bomb launcher and sent out an endless stream of explosives towards the Flyfish. So many piled into the remaining basket that it overflowed. What happened next was what you’d expect: big explosion with a side helping of fried smallfry. The sweet dessert were three golden eggs that popped out of the wreckage.

Nori wasn’t done though. She kept hurling bombs at the ugly green mugs surrounding her until the supply ran dry. Her first special pack had been completely used up, but in that moment she didn’t care.

The bombs cleared the area enough for her to reach the eggs unscathed. Wasting no time, she scooped one up and shoved it into the mesh bag on her back. Into her headset, she snarled, “Someone get over here and help me!”

Last edited:
And with that call for help, Nori went ballistic.
Her eyes seem to become infuriated as she chucked as many bombs as she could. The flyfish was much more than defeated, it was blown to smithereens. The ink splattered over Fiona as she closed her eyes to block the ink from getting in them.
Damn, she doesn't know when to quit. Thank god for that.
"I'm on it!"

She swam up to the next egg and dropped it in the bag. But she looked back to see the others in a bit of a pickle.
"I don't think we can afford to put these eggs in just yet, we need to go help the others. You take care of the newbie. I got Eelaine."
She swam away from the basket closer to the shore where Eelaine was trapped. She came in the nick of time, without a second to spare.
"Get off her!"
She ferociously swung her brush, subsiding the small salmon junction. She sighs, relieved she saved Eelaine. Fiona motions to her.
"C'mon. I think we need to stick together a bit more after this. It seems they'll overpower us if we don't. So let's get these bad boys in, shall we?"

Overwhelmed by the sheer manpower the salmonids were able to throw at them, Eelaines vision went blurry. All she could hear was distant explosions and ink hitting the floor. Seeing nothing but a blinding light coming closer, her final thoughts were dedicated to her crewmates. It was just then when she was pulled back to life by a helpful octoling. Gasping for breath, all she could mutter out was a quick thank you. She grabbed her roller tight and looked around, everything seeming to go in slow motion. Fiona and Jace were standing near her, seemingly saying things she couldn't hear while fighting off more salmonids and Nori in the distance, tossing almost infinite quantities of bombs in rapid succession. She was snapped out of it by a Maw coming up right next to her. Instinctively she chucked a bomb in its giant mouth. Grabbing one of the eggs, she found her courage again.
"Alright, sounds like a plan. Good luck, everyone."
And with that she waited on the others orders.

Ducking and dodging through the many Salmonids that came at them, Jace was able to get to Eelaine and then he was shooting at the many that were coming up to them. "Ah, carp....this is looking to be insane." He spoke before he turned to look at the eggs from the Maws that had exploded. Grabbing one, he then turned to Eelaine once again. "We've got to get a clear path towards the basket." He told her as he kept firing at the incoming Chum and Cohocks with his Squelchers, knowing that this was going to take a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back