• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Readytodienow

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
EX2090 felt her lungs contract, searching for air. She could hear a murmur of something next to her ear and felt something on her shoulder. A hand? The boy said something to her but all she could hear was the loud breathing of her heart. She tried to look up but everything was swirling together. She could make out the sound of a medical siren going off. EX2090 closed her eyes.

Nest thing she remembered was waking up scared and confused in her own bed. Alisha was there holding her hand. Her teeth felt horrible. They seemed to be pounding in her mouth. EX2090 reached her trembling hand to Alisha and asked,
"What happened? Why am I here? Is the boy...EX2103, I think, okay?" Alisha squeezed her hand. She pulled EX2090 into a hug.
"The boy is alright. He was carted out of the room along with the rest of the kids. You fainted. You hit your teeth pretty hard so be careful eating."
EX2090 nuzzled her head into Alisha's neck. She could feel the tears coming. One by one they dripped down her face. They sat like that for a while until EX2090 spoke,
" I don't want to hurt anyone anymore. I'm going to escape with you, just like you said, but we have to take that boy with us and everyone else." EX2090 felt Alisha nod. EX2090 knew this would make the task immensely hard, but no one deserved to stay here.
They would start preparations that night.

EX2090 seemed dazed, unresponsive. EX2103 continued to shake her, trying to get her to snap out of it, but a siren started blaring and it appeared training had been brought to an abrupt end. Guards filed in and began ushering kids out of the room. He grabbed EX2090's shoulders. "Hey! You're okay. It's alright," he tried to reach her as a guard approached him. He wanted to thank her for helping him, but her eye's closed and as the guard pulled EX2103 off of her, she fell face first into the floor. Ouch. The guard dragged him off as he watched two more pick her up and carry her away. His attention was taking away from EX2090 by Calvin's hand on his face, turning his head to make eye contact.

"Well done EX2103. That was a very good display of your powers. You seem to be getting stronger already," the guard let go and Calvin's hand was on his back, leading him back to his room. He was helped out of his uniform, allowed to shower, and put his night gown back on. Calvin sat next to him on his bed, giving him a look over. "Those scratches seem to be healing. Glad to see your training didn't affect them. How are you feeling?" his tone softened. "I know it's a lot. It's something that you have to do though, but I'll help you get used to it. Those people, that we made you hurt? They're bad people EX2103. Horrible people," EX2103's eyes widened. "They..they are?"
Calvin nodded. "What you did to them today, they've done a lot worse to others. You're doing good, EX2103," he lied. "You've got a great purpose here, boy. And I'm going to help you fulfill it. I want to see how far your powers can go. You're going to help people," he patted the boy's shoulder. EX2103 began to feel a lot better, the guilt and horror of his actions melting away. Even the lyrics of the song were slowly being forgotten. "That's what we're doing here. We're going to make you all stronger, so you can help us. And I'm very proud of you, EX2103. Keep making me proud," He smiled and stood, heading towards the door. "Wait!" EX2103 called. Calvin stopped. "What about EX2090? Is she okay?" he asked. "The girl who showed you around? I'm sure she's being well taken care of, EX2103. I'll go find out for you," Calvin promised. "Get some rest. You deserve it," and with that EX2103 was left alone, Calvin's reassuring words keeping the memories of the screams and cries at bay as he felt his eye lids droop. He soon was fast asleep.

Alisha had started getting caretakers of the older kids to join their escape. Their plan was to escape in 2 weeks. They would all go to training normally. The owner of the research faculty was supposed to be away taking a third of the guards with them. That was their chance. Alisha would find a way to get access to the control system which blocks them from getting affected by our powers. They would overpower the guards once the helmets were turned off. Then they would just need the master key that unlocks all the cells at once plus the front door. The key was given to the head caretaker. Alisha told me that man was the one with the weird tie who had asked me questions was the head caretaker. His name was Micheal. There were two problems with this plan. They had no way of getting the master key. The master key would allow Alisha to get into the control room but without the key, they were in trouble. They had two weeks to get the key.
EX2090 was excused from training the next morning, which meant more time planning with Alisha. Alisha told her to worry about the plan tomorrow because today was all about learning what was happening on the outside. A war was started in 2109 between the Americas and Europe. Europe had gotten Russia on its side and had taken over most of Asia. Africa had joined the Americas and was fighting Europe first-hand. The artics had become nuclear wastelands along with Australia. They were in a lab positioned on Australia along with 20 others. They were funded by the Americas. EX2090 listened and asked questions when needed. She got the general idea of it all. All of a sudden, a man walked in.
"Calvin. What are you doing here?" Alisha's nervous breathing told EX2090 this man was someone who could hurt them. She already didn't like this man.

Calvin smiled as he stepped into EX2090's room. "Good evening, Alisha. No need to sound so nervous, I'm here on behalf of EX2103. He wanted to know if EX2090 was okay, that fall didn't look very gentle," his eyes fell on EX2090. "Good to see she doesn't seem too shaken. Has she been excused from training tomorrow? She's seemed to have a very interesting few days," he remarked on the singing prisoners.

"She's doing fine, but won't be going back to training tomorrow," Alisha had moved in front of EX2090 now and was obviously wary of the man. EX2090 moved forward on her bed inching closer to Alisha, trying to get a better look at the man. Something about the man seemed familiar. She took a closer look at the man, making out whatever features she could with the little light coming in from the open door. Brown hair and green eyes, what did that remind her of? The man! The weird tie man, the head caretaker! She knew why Alisha was scared now. Who could be calm in this situation? Hopefully, he hadn't heard what they were talking about. Alisha seemed to regain her composure and sat down on the only chair in the room. It was metal and always bone-cold but it provided a seat. "It has been pretty interesting around here lately... EX2103 was the boy she mentored, how's he doing?" Alisha asked looking the man square in the eyes.

Calvin nodded. "Good to hear, we wouldn't want to be short of any of our subjects. The rest should do her good. EX2103 is doing quite well, actually, especially after his first training day. His abilities seem to be coming along quite nicely. EX2090 has been an excellent mentor to him," he noticed the way Alisha stood slightly in front of her subject, oddly protective of a caretaker. He had heard mumbled talking before he had entered, but hadn't been able to make out any of the words.

EX2090 couldn't help but stare at the man. He doesn't look too suspicious of us. Maybe he hadn't heard what they were talking about? At least the boy is safe. EX2090 was relieved to hear the boy was fine, even with her fainting. So much for trying to look mature. Alisha looked back at EX2090 silently motioning for her to stay quiet until this man left. When the man complimented her, she felt a little happiness in her heart. She didn't get compliments a lot and when she did they made her really happy.
"Is there anything else you need Calvin? Otherwise, I still have to finish checking EX2090's health," Alisha said, words laced with underlying malice. Calvin is his name? Alisha doesn't like this man much. If he's related to the other man, I don't think I like him either. Thought EX2090 with her eyes still focused on the man. This was also the first time she saw a man with hair pulled back into a ponytail. She didn't know hair grew that long on males. EX2090 was delighted by the fact she got to learn something new among all this tension.

Calvin put up his hands in an apologetic manner. "No, that's all. Just wanted to check in. Have a good evening, Alisha," he turned and began to walk out, but paused slightly, looking over his shoulder to say, "Don't keep your subject up all night. I'm sure she needs her rest," before walking out and closing the door behind him. Calvin walked down the hallway, headed for a quick chat with his brother. He wanted to discuss the possibilities of EX2103's powers. He planned on seeing if EX2103 could get a prisoner to kill themselves. If their army had that kind of power, well, they'd pretty much have the whole world in their hands. And if the boy couldn't do it, Calvin was determined to do whatever he could to make it possible.

Before the door shut after Calvin, EX2090 could see Alisha glaring at the spot he once stood. It scared her. Alisha was always nice and never had done anything mean to EX2090. That glare had reminded her of her nurse. The one who would always come in glaring. The nurse had never properly taken care of her. She skipped meals and had fainted multiple times due to malnutrition. Bruises were often, not because of the injections but from other things. The nurse was switched out right before she turned 10. EX2090 could barely remember the second nurse, just that they helped her get back on eating regularly and were mute. The first nurse and the second nurse both had a taste of her power. She had let out all of her anger on the first nurse but tired to do as little as possible on the second nurse, after all, they had helped them even if it was lonely. The glare on Alisha's face remained until the door was closed and EX2090 could no longer see it. Alisha moved to get up and EX2090 moved backward on her bed closer and closer to the wall, memories flooding back. Tears started to drip and her breathing became ragged. Alisha hadn't noticed yet, too busy saying, "What a stuck-up little spoiled bastard...agh!" Spoiled bastard. Stuck-up. Those words repeated in her mind. Her old nurse's voice repeating them slowly and maliciously. BY now Alisha had notice EX2090 crying and went to hug her. EX2090 could sense someone climb onto the bed and heard Alisha's breathing as she came closer for the hug. EX2090 could no longer see Alisha. Just the nurse. "Stop! Don't touch me!...Please..." EX2090 shouted. Alisha got off the bed slowly and whispered in a calm voice, "Hey, it's me, Alisha. Alisha. You're going to be fine. He can't hurt you anymore." EX2090 took a deep breath calming herself. She moved forward off the bed, stumbling around to find Alisha. Alisha moved closer and grabbed her in a hug. Crying softly into her chest.
After the tears and dinner, Alisha was preparing to put EX2090 to sleep, "We can talk about everything else tomorrow since you don't have training." and gave her a small peck on her forehead. Alisha moved to get up put EX2090 grabbed her by the shirt and tugged her back, "Before you go, why didn't you tell me males can have long hair?...and those round things? on his eyes are those goggles? They don't look like goggles."
"Those are glasses and yes males can have long hair," Alisha said chuckling.
"Can you bring a new trinket tomorrow too? Please?" EX2090 hugging Alisha one last time.
"Yes of course," and with that Alisha got up and left.

EX2103 didn't reconize where he was. He stood in an empty white room, and couldn't remember how he'd gotten there. He turned around and suddenly EX2090 was before him, sitting on the floor on her knees. He could hear the faint sound of singing, the song the prisoner had sang. It appeared to be EX2090's voice, but her lips didn't move. "You've done well, EX2103," Calvin's hand was suddenly on his shoulder as he stood behind him. "I just need you to do one more thing for me. You want to do what's right, don't you?" EX2103 nodded at his words. "Good boy. Kill her," Calvin said it so calmly, and though there was a part of EX2103 screaming to say no, to stop and hug her, he found himself opening his mouth. "Kill yourself," he told EX2090. What was he doing? He didn't want this! Her face lifted up and her eyes, filled with tears, fell blank as she began to smash her head against the floor. With each sickening thud the singing grew louder and louder, and EX2103 found himself screaming for it all to stop.

He jolted upright, his breathing heavy and panicked. Everything was black. It was quiet. It was normal. He sighed in relief. It had all been a horrible dream. He lay back down in bed, curling up into a ball, recovering from the fear left by the nightmare. He stayed like that for a while, and was almost falling asleep again when Calvin entered his room. "Good morning EX2103," he greeted, holding a tray of food. "Here, eat. You have training again today and will need your strength." EX2103 obeyed and got out of bed. Calvin placed the tray next to him and he began eating. He could feel Calvin's eyes on him. Could he tell how shaken he was from the dream?
"I visited EX2090 last night," Calvin said, and EX2103 looked up from his food. "Really? How is she? Is she hurt?" he asked urgently. "She's fine, but is taking the day off to rest, so you won't see her in training today," EX2103 was saddened to hear that he wouldn't get to see her, but relieved to hear she was doing well. "I complimented her caregiver on how well she mentored you yesterday. I trust you will do fine on your own now?" Calvin asked. EX2103 nodded as he continued eating. "Good boy," Calvin smiled. The memory of EX2103's dream flooded back, and he coughed as a peice of food went down the wrong way. Calvin was fast and handed him some water, which he sipped down quickly. "Slow down," Calvin ordered. "What's shaken you so much this morning?"

EX2090 had tried to sleep that night, but she knew she couldn't. Her mind was racing with their plans to escape. She had blocked out her memories, for now, to await in her dreams. The key was pivotal to their plan. It could make or break it. According to Alisha, the key was kept on the head caretaker at all times, which would make this difficult. He would have to leave it with someone will he was away. Alisha had already started to slowly take injections from the lab every time she took orders for the warehouse. The warehouse was situated about 3 miles out from the lab, according to Alisha, and was guarded by about 16 guards. Alisha had access to it and so did two of her close friends. They would have to overpower the guards first, easy enough once their helmets are powered off. Once, out of there, they would make their way into the warehouse, behind a bunch of yellow storage containers marked "Sarin". It is used as a warfare chemical, on those who approach the labs. Behind those containers will be a trapdoor leading down about 10 feet to a hallway. FIve doors down and turn left there will be a staircase leading 40 feet down to an underground bunker. There are two ways out of the bunker. The way you came and the other door hidden behind a cupboard of food. The second one is only known to Alisha and Madeline, her sister, who built it. They will stay down there while the search for them continues. After about a month or so they will move out and work there a way to the oceanfront. They were being sent a submarine by New Zealand. They had stayed neutral during the war and hadn't gotten involved with any of the fighting. They were taking a big risk saving us but they want the war to end soon with more and more deaths. Alisha had once been the former prime minster's secretary before she came here undercover. Once reaching New Zealand they would all be safe. They just had to make it there.
After a few more hours of thinking about the future, EX2090 finally fell asleep. Alisha shook her awake and handed her something round. This is an earpiece. You put it on your ear and it will blend into it so it is unseen. You can wear this to communicate with me when we escape. Madeline has been developing these for the escape. She also said she'd be willing to teach you how to make them if you want. At this EX2090 was fully awake. She turned her head to Alisha's direction quickly accidentally hitting Alisha in the face. Alisha let out a small yelp of surprise and EX2090 apologized a great deal till Alisha put her hand on her mouth. She placed the earpiece in EX2090's ear. EX2090 flinched when she heard a woman's voice in her ear. "That's my sister you're hearing," said Alisha now holding EX2090's hands. Hello, is this EX2090. "Yes..." said EX2090 cautiously. Alisha gave her an encouraging squeeze. EX2090 was excited to learn about all of the mechanics that went into this little device. EX2090 looked at Alisha smiling, "I can really make this someday! This is amazing!" The voice in her ear chuckled making EX2090 blush. "It's not funny!" EX2090 felt embarrassed now and could feel the blush climbing up to her ears. "Stop it!" This just made the voice laugh louder. A man's voice could be heard through the earpiece now, something about getting back to work? The sound cut off. "I guess that's enough of that today. So we are going to go over the plan once we escape one last time, okay?"

EX2103 face flushed. "Uh...nothing. I'm okay," he was a terrible lair, and Calvin's eyebrow rose unimpressedly. "Is it training? I've told you that it's all to make you stronger, so you can help us. You don't need to be scared of it," his tone wasn't soft, but as if he was stating an obvious fact. "I...well, a little," EX2103 decided it was easier to say then explain the dream. He didn't want Calvin to know anything about it. A small fear of what he was going to be used for was growing in him. Calvin sighed and pushed his glasses up. "You'll get used to it. The more you train the more you'll adjust. I have faith in you, EX2103," he stood up and rested a hand on EX2103's shoulder, and he looked up at his caretaker hopefully, awaiting his approval. "Don't let me down, understood?" EX2103 nodded. "Now get dressed. Training will begin soon."

EX2090 returned to training 3 days later. Once there, she ended up fainting again so they let her off of training for the rest of the week. This was enough time for Alisha to gather all of the needed supplies and secure some guns for older children. Madeline had perfected the earpiece and had tested it out with EX2090 and Alisha. Everything was coming together, slowly, but it would all be worth it in the end. Alisha had Madeline devise a way to teach EX2090 how to use a gun by EX2090's request. At the end of the week break, EX2090 could shoot a gun successfully and mostly hit her target on the body. Calvin, the man who had walked in on them, was to have the master key when the head caretaker was off at the head meeting. How to get that key is the hard part. He will most likely have it on him or leave it in his pocket. We have to make him give it over forcefully or secretly take it off him. Trying to do it secretly would most likely not work. How could they make him give it to them without him knowing?
"EX2103! Alisha, I know how we could get the key!" Alisha jumped, surprised by EX2090 sudden outburst. Alisha placed her hand over EX2090's mouth shushing her. "What do you mean?" she whispered back.
"EX2103 can control people's minds and Calvin is his caretaker, right? We could get his help!" Alisha considered this. It would be an option that would give them the way out. "Okay we can use him but you got to talk to him and get him on our side," Alisha said. A bell rang and EX2090 flinched. She took a deep breath preparing herself. "Now off to training."

The past week had been up and down for EX2103. In training Calvin had requested he try to get the prisoners to do more then just hurt themselves. He had them spill secrets, try their best to complete tasks they wouldn't normally be able to complete. Calvin wanted to see if the prisoner would do whatever they were told reguardless of if it was possible, from telling someone who had never knitted before to start knitting, to telling a prisoner to fly...which resulted in serious injury. EX2103 had been in his own private training room for a few of them. Most nights EX2103's dreams had been of what Calvin might push him to do, and he could tell his caretaker would soon be asking him to push the prisoners further and further. They had found his mind control wasn't permanent, and only lasted for a minute or two before the prisoner's blank faces returned to normal expressions and stopped what they had been doing, and the next time EX2103 asked them to do something it would have less of an effect, so it was best to wait a few more minutes before giving another command. they also found that the prisoner wouldn't remeber being mind controled until a few minutes after they had recovered, like remebering a dream you had only ages after you first wake up.

Calvin had been very praising of EX2103's progress, and although he liked recieving the praise and pleasing Calvin, a part of him still feared what his caretaker had in store. He got out of bed and dressed in his training uniform. He was back with the other kids today, and hadn't been given anything specific by Calvin to try out on the prisoners. In a weird way, he could relax. Calvin walked him out of his room and down towards the training room as the bell rang.

EX2090 entered the training room. A few children looked over at her as she entered but no one spoke. It's not like they could speak to me. She looked around something had changed. There were more guards than normal. Weird. She then diverted her attention to the prisoners in front of her. They were bloodier than usual and some seemed half dead. She was pretty sure the man a few feet away from her was dead. She felt her vision get blurry. She distracted her mind and focused on her mission. She needed to find EX2103. EX2090 scanned the room trying to make out EX2103 among the other children. While looking she saw a new face causing her to form a lump in her throat. Someone had been killed. She looked around more frantically looking for EX2103. Don't be dead. Don't be dead. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see him. She let out a breath of relief. She couldn't make it over to him right now with all the guards watching, they would just have to do it during training. A bell rang and she got in her position. Three people and she would make it close enough to talk to him. She had the earpiece in her ear cloaked. It was recording everything that happened and sending it through a private server to New Zealand for observation. She would have to get EX2103 on their side or else this plan would fail.

The first thing EX2103 noticed upon entering the training room was that there were more guards than usual. He looked up at Calvin, confused. "Is something the matter, EX2103?" his caretaker asked. "Why are there so many..." he trailed off as he spotted the limp body of a fellow child. Someone had stepped out of line. "Extra precaution. This singing issue has been preventing our progress, and we really can't afford to tolerate it any longer," Calvin explained. EX2103 shuddered. "Now don't let it affect your focus today, EX2103. Am I clear?" Calvin asked and he nodded. "Good. I'll be heading off to speak with my brother, so I won't be here to guide your training. I'll see you afterwards," he said before leaving EX2103 to his first prisoner.

EX2103 lined up as usual, told the prisoner to spin around until they fell over, then moved on to the next one. He wanted to avoid hurting people today, but he knew the guards wouldn't let him get away with it. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted EX2090. He cheered up a bit, wanting to get closer to her so she could see how much stronger he was getting. He hadn't seen much of her in the past few days.

After six people, EX2090 was sick to her stomach. She felt a bit dizzy but she focused her mind on EX2103 and getting the information to him. The bell to move on chimed. EX2090 moved to the next person. EX2103 was right next to her now. She moved to the ground to retie a lace on her boot and motioned for EX2103 to do the same. "Hey, I need your help. You can't tell anyone. Anyone. Especially Calvin."She took a glance to the side. A guard was looking at them and started to walk over slowly. "You got to ask him to give you the master key. Under your mind control. Don't-" EX2090 quickly got up as the guard reached them. The guard looked at EX2090 and EX2103 looking for a sign of communication. EX2090 quickly reached into the head of the prisoner in front of her and start to devise their fear in front of them. It was a simple fear, one of the spiders, that cause the man in front of her to scream and swat into the air as if trying to get something off of him. The guard grunted and glared one last time at EX2090 before turning back to his post. EX2090 didn't flinch this time which was something she was extremely proud of. She turned her head back to EX2103 and covered her mouth as a means to tell him to keep his mouth shut about what had just happened. Madeline started to talk in her ear, "You need to get him to agree. Without him, this plan will fall apart."

EX2103 had been very focused on his prisoners, so focused that he hadn't noticed when EX2090 reached him, but he couldn't hide his smile when he noticed her kneeling down to tie her shoelace. He was going to greet her when she motioned for him to do the same. With his current prisoner holding her breath agaisnt her own will, EX2103 squatted down. As she started talking, his eyes widened with panic, but he quickly calmed his facial expressions as he noticed the guard coming towards them. He wanted to but in with questions but before he could EX2090 was ordering him to go against Calvin and get a "master key". He wasn't even familiar with what that was. As the guard neared them he waited for EX2090 to stand up first before "tying" his own laces. He then stood up, and as the guard eased off he saw EX2090 gesture for him to keep quiet.

EX2103's mind was a whirl. Betray Calvin? Get a key? His heart stopped in his chest. EX2090 was talking about escape. Getting out of here. No more screaming prisoners, no more pitch black rooms. As much as he wanted to make Calvin proud, he wanted his and all the other subjects' freedom more. Furrowing his eyebrows, he nodded to EX2090. "When do you need it?" he whispered as he moved on to his next prisoner.

EX2103 looked like he would help them. "Okay, so he's on board. EX2090 tell him we will need it exactly a week from now. We will give you an extra earpiece to give to him the day before." the earpiece said in her ear. EX2090 whispered, "In a week, I will give you an earpiece, and then you'll ask for it." She made her way over to her next prisoner. She had almost made it through all of her prisoners. Each one adding more and more fears into her head that she would have to suffer through that night. There were only five more left and then she would be free of all of this pain and horror. Of course, something had to happen right before she could leave. The prisoner in front of her caught her eye, "You poor, poor children. I wish there was a way to get you out of here. The adults have failed you all." They then started to sing, strong, and bold. A guard behind EX2090 took aim and shot, hitting the prisoner square in the forehead. Their body went limp and EX2090 let out a small gasp. The prisoner's last words hit her heart in a wave of emotions. None of this had been their fault. They had been used, not by their will, and for other's gain. There was no doubt in her mind that they were escaping this place.

EX2090 made her way through her last five prisoners shakily and barely remembered anything about them. Allisha was waiting at the door to the training room and took her back to her room slowly. EX2090 felt weak in her knees and crashed onto her bed when they arrived back in her room. "EX2103 agreed. Let's escape."

Last edited:
EX2103 had never heard of an earpiece before, but didn't question it as they couldn't hide their conversation for long. As he too made his way to his next prisoner, he watched the out burst of EX2090's prisoner, and felt tears well up in his eyes as the prisoner was shot mid song. He felt sick, and did his best to hang on throughout the rest of the training, but almost fell into Calvin's arms once it was over. "Another singing incident, was it?" Calvin asked as he was lead back to his room. EX2103 just nodded. He kept replaying EX2090's orders in his head, trying to figure out how he was going to pull off betraying his caretaker.

When EX2103 had settled down and gotten out of his training uniform, Calvin made him sit next to him on his bed. "Listen EX2103, you've been doing really well. Your powers are growing more and more, and like we've discussed I'd really like to see how far they'll go," A flash of anxiety rushed through him as he guessed what Calvin had in mind. "I'm going to ask you to get a prisoner to kill themselves, alright? I'm going to give the prisoner a gun, and you'll ask them to shoot themselves with it,"
EX2103's nightmares were coming true. "No!" he stood. "Don't make me! Please Calvin, I don't want to, I can't-" But Calvin's hands were on his arms, holding him firmly. "Shhhh, hush. It's alright. Calm down EX2103," EX2103 stopped, confused at Calvin's response. "You're...don't make me. I don't want to," he whimpered again, and Calvin pulled him into a hug. Taken aback at this sudden display of comfort, EX2103 froze in his arms. "EX2103, I'm not going to make you hurt a good person. Why would I? All these people, they're prisoners for a reason. They've hurt others, killed others, taken from others. I just want to do what's right for the others these prisoners affected. I want to give them justice. And, I want to help them.," He pulled EX2103 out of the hug, and through the dim lighting the door let in he could make out Calvin's face. "You can help me help them, EX2103. You do this for me, you'll be helping so many people. Okay? I have to make you do this, but it's not a bad thing. It's justice. Justice just looks a little ugly sometimes."

EX2103 just nodded, and Calvin wiped a tear from his eye before standing up, his hand on his shoulder. "I'm counting on you not to let me down, EX2103. Do your best tomorrow," and with that, he patted his shoulder and left EX2103 alone in darkness. Calvin's comforting words surged through his mind, but he couldn't forget the prisoner who had spoken to EX2090 before they were shot. He furrowed his eyebrows. He needed to escape. He could help others if he was out of here, stopping the prisoners from doing these things in the first place. He wouldn't let Calvin down, but he wouldn't let EX2090 down either.

It was late, late enough for the lights throughout the facility to be off and the bulletproof glass on the roof to portray as dark sky speckled with stars. Alisha was walking to EX2090's room through the darkened halls almost running. She had forgotten. Today was the day. They were coming. They would be there soon and she needed to get the earpiece back form EX2090 before they found it. She made her way to EX2090's room checking in at all of the checkpoints as fast as possible. They might already be there. She reached EX2090 door minutes later and put in the password to get in. It beeped red. They had already gotten there. If they found the earpiece then the whole escape plan would fall through. All Alisha could do was wait outside and hope EX2090 would be okay.
They are a group of four people, referred to as the 'Reds'. There are two doctors along with two highly trained guards, skilled in making sure you feel the absolute pain of dying without dying. The Reds check up on the children once every 3 months once they reach the training age. It is never a pleasant experience. Compliance was the only option in the doctor's presence, else the guards would take charge. EX2090's first and last disobedience to them was when they broke her ankles and wrists. She had never been the same in front of them since. She was 12, exactly when she turned 12.
It had been exactly 2 years since then. EX2090 turned 14 today which meant more tests. EX2090 was sleeping when they came in. A violent hand picked her up and tossed her on the floor. Ex2090 barely understood what was happening but she snapped her eyes open and gaped at the man who had just thrown her. It took a while for her to recognize what was happening. They were here. She scrambled to her feet wincing at the small pain she felt in her thigh.
"EX2090, your testing will now commence. You are now fourteen now." With that, the doctor motioned to a guard to pull out EX2090's arm. The doctor proceeded to wipe down the arm and pull a small needle out of her bag. EX2090 had never been a big fan of needles, they hurt and didn't help her at all, but she couldn't do anything while the guards were there. The needle pierced her skin while EX2090's bit her lip drawing a bit of blood. The guard holding her hand took no notice and kept his firm grip. After 30 seconds the needle was pulled out and another put in. After six of them, the doctor's told the guard to switch arms. EX2090 was crying now. It hurt so bad. Her arm had formed bluish marks from where the needles had pierced and where the guards were holding her. A doctor noticed this, "Stop crying right now. Do you want to feel pain?" She shook her head and closed her eyes. She took deep breathes and willed her self to stop crying. Don't show them your weak. Alisha had said that to her. Alisha. Where was she? She was usually here to warn her before they came. Wait, she still had the earpiece. This was all being recorded. She stopped crying and started screaming.

EX2103 awoke the next morning with a feeling of dread in his stomach. He knew what he'd have to do today, and no amount of encouragment from Calvin would truely prepare him for what might come from watching a prisoner kill themselves, all by his own command. Calvin came in to help him prep for training, explaining the different suicide commands EX2103 was to give the prisoners. He wanted to see exactly what would be the most efficent order to end their lives, and EX2103 just nodded and tried to hide his reluctance. They walked through the halls and into the training room, and EX2103 looked around to try and spot EX2090. The sight of her might help calm his nerves, even just a little.

A kick to the stomach and a hand placed over her mouth. The two men started painfully twisting her arms backward. EX2090 bit the hand covering her mouth drawing blood. The man to released in surprise and let go of her arm. She twisted her body over to the other man releasing the tension in her arm. The man pulled her close easily overpowering her. She managed to slide through his open legs and grab his vest. She pulled up with all her might causing the man to release because of the sudden force. The man turned around and grabbed at her just barely missing. By now the other man had focused his eyes on her which were raging like an injured bull. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see the doctors' keycard on a lanyard. A way out. She ran over to the doctor without a second thought and jumped. The doctor who she had jumped on screamed as she and EX2090 tumbled to the floor. The other doctor tried to pull EX2090 off the doctor. Oh no. It's attached to her body?! I have to hurry the guards are just two feet away. Will this lady stop struggling?! EX2090 managed to unclip the card. The two men dragged the doctor off of EX2090 and threw her to the side. The doctor said something under her breath but EX2090 was busy struggling against the man's iron grip. EX2090 managed to throw the card under her bed without anyone noticing. Another punch to the stomach. A hit to the face. EX2090 was thrown across the floor and landed on her wrist. She felt the pain immediately. The men were both approaching her slowly. She didn't want to go through the pain again. Why did I even try? Maybe They won't see the card and just leave. The men had reached her by now and she just looked up at them with the most defiant face she could muster. The men looked at each other and smiled. One of them grabbed her by her chin and forced her to look him directly in the face, "What's with that look? Your such a pretty little thing. Shame you had to go and do this to yourself. Why don't you be a dear and submit?" EX2090 shivered. She didn't like this man one bit. She took a deep breath and spit on him. "Never." The other man came to the man's side, "You know, we are just beginning. We could be so much worst so how about you stop this nonsense now?" EX2090 turned her eyes in his direction since her chin was still forced to be turned toward the other man's face. She giggled and closed her eyes, "Didn't you hear me earlier assholes? Never." Alisha is going to be so mad at me for saying that. At least I used it right...I think. The man holding her chin punched her in her ribs. The pain made her gasp. The two doctors standing in the background looked on. One looked away upon eye contact while the other smiled at EX2090. The doctor looking away was the one trying to get her off of the other doctor. The other doctor turned to her and tapped her on the shoulder. At the touch, she turned and strode over to EX2090. She placed her hands on the two men's back. They immediately stopped the punching. EX2090 looked up at the doctor. She had a name tag. Candance Parra. That name seemed familiar. EX2090 had no time to think about that or why she stopped the two men, all she could feel was the pain. "Let's go. She broke the vials and messed up the needle. We'll come back next week." She said calmly. "What! So we are just going to let her get away with this?" one of the men shouted at the doctor. At this outburst, the doctor slapped him and turned back to the other doctor who nodded in agreement. She motioned for them to leave. The other doctor had started glaring at EX2090 but that was the least of her worries. Where's Alisha? I need someone. I don't want to be alone. The REDS shuffled out of the door and shut it behind them.

Outside of the door was Alisha. She had silent tears dripping down her face. She was supposed to be in there with EX2090. She was so powerless. What could she do? She collapsed to the floor ignoring the sting of her hands hitting the floor wrong. EX2090 screams had stopped suddenly and there were some shouts. Soft mumbling heard through the walls meant they were talking about something. Then more screams. More and more screams. Then nothing. Alisha got up just as the door to the room opened. She quickly wiped her face and rushed inside. A glance from Candance. Alisha nodded back at her. Once inside she could see the damage. EX2090 had a black eye already forming and a bloody nose. She was clutching her side and breathing heavily. Alisha rushed to her side and picked her up gingerly in her arms. EX2090 winced at the action. Alisha began to walk out of the room. There was no way she would leave her in this condition to go get bandages and come back. She was taking her directly to the medical room. She rushed through the halls as fast as possible. "S..st..stop" EX2090 managed to get out. Alisha stopped in her tracks. EX2090 winced at the sudden movement, letting out a little gasp. "Look. EX2103 and Calvin," EX2090 wiggled until Alisha sat her on the ground. "Where is he taking him?" Alisha didn't respond but helped EX2090 to her feet. EX2090 kept her eyes locked on EX2103 hoping their eyes would meet.

Turning around to get a full look over the training room, EX2103 felt a strange sense of unease. He couldn't see her anywhere, and a pang of worry rose up in his stomach. Maybe she was sick? He turned to look out of the room as a last resort, and his eyes widened as he locked eyes with EX2090. Her eye was bruising, her nose was dripping blood. He felt his blood turn cold. How had this happened? Who had hurt her? All his focus on his training evaporated as he began to run towards her. "EX2090!" he yelled, and two guards started towards him but he picked up speed. Calvin's arm came shooting out, grabbing him and stopping him in his tracks. "EX2103, what do you think you're-"
"They hurt her!" he screamed, half in anger and half in desperation. Calvin turned to look, and his eyebrows furrowed as he spotted her. His grip didn't loosen on EX2103, and the boy struggled against him as he heard his caretaker mutter something that sounded like "fucking REDs". "EX2090!" He screamed again, tears forming in his eyes.

EX2090's head spun. She thought she heard EX2103's voice. She locked eyes with him. He was running towards her without any care for consequences. Don't come over here they might hurt you. Is what she would scream if she could. Her throat still hurt from being choked by one of the men and she doubted she could scream if she had trouble getting out a sentence. Alisha grabbed her and started dragging her. Fear was painted over her face which had taken on a ghostly white. Alisha pressed her lips into a straight line and motioned for EX2090 to do the same. "Alisha, please...stop. EX2103...he," EX2090 struggled to talk and keep her balance against Alisha's pulling. "EX2103!" EX2090 managed to scream before Alisha put her hand over her mouth and picked her up. Alisha took off at a fast walk, moving farther and farther away from EX2103. EX2090 could only watch as they moved away from EX2103. She could only watch him getting pulled back inside. The guards coming after him and Calvin grabbing him. She reached out a hand and mimicked a grabbing movement before Alisha could turn the corner to the Medical Unit.

At the Medical Unit, the team of nurses and doctors dragged EX2090 through many checkups. Once they were finished EX2090 was allowed to situp on the examination table while Alisha was dragged to the side. EX2090 could only hear snippets of their conversation. "major bruising...no broken ribs...3 days," Alisha made her way back to EX2090 and told her she would be taken back to her room in 3 days and would return to training in four. "Will you stay with me?" EX2090 asked Alisha. Alisha shook her head in response. "I can't. I will check up at dinnertime though. I have to go now. I will see you later okay?" EX2090 just nodded but held on to Alisha's shirt, not wanting to let her leave. Alisha looked around. There was only one doctor in the room and they were reading a report. She quickly hugged EX2090 and left. EX2090 laid on the table and shut her eyes. She could hear the occasional shift of the page being turned off the report. Soon she drifted into her nightmares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back