• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A dance in the night (MxM)

Relias_

Rose tea tastes good sometimes
Roleplay Type(s)
In this day and age, do people still believe in the supernatural?

Miranda Castle.jpeg
Far from home, wherever this is. For whatever reason led astray to a long forgotten manor taken by nature, where vines latched and broke through concrete foundations, once lavish interiors only became food for termites and pests, ripped to shreds with no traces of past grandeur it would have hold during the highlights of its time. Chipped paint, fallen debris and spider's nests now decorate it's rooms and hallways, rotten wood falling upon the slightest of weight.
═ ᨒ⍋ᨒ⍋ ᨒ⍋ᨒ ═.jpeg
Overgrown garden and suffocating fruit trees peeked into the hallways, wrapping themselves around stone walls. Small critters scurry around for bits and bobs of flavorful berries to snack on.

In the upper levels, should they find themselves able to leap through dangerous terrains, dank environment, a portrait splattered with blood could be seen.
Out of place for a place so worn down. It stays in place, alone. Perhaps it had watched the rest of its kind being taken away, eaten alive in front of it. But alas it is simply a painting that could not be removed... Or is that all there is to it? No matter how much they scrub, the filth and blood would not wash.

The cursed painting. Said to be the reason the manor falls into chaos and abandoned.
Untitled69_20230914140630.png
This picture depict a young man with long, white hair holding a silk cloth in his hands, many believed the young man in the painting is the family's youngest son. (Arius Clifford) He, however is often sick and bedridden and passed away not long after the painting was made. Perhaps it was envy, or his tragically almost nonexistent life outside of his bed that caused his soul to be tormented and unable to be free.

Arts that depicts him are often found either torn to shreds or destroyed. And based on the state of this one picture frame, it's safe to say that there are those who tried to destroy it. Smearing paint over the eyes and erasing the name was all they could do however.

This is all, alas, only speculations based on this is the only painting that remains nearly untouched in the manor. It baffles locals and tourists alike.

No need to worry about reply time, you can reply a month later if you want to and nothing in particular will change. I, myself am a slow replier since things had been going rather insane irl for me.

I... Have no interest in those who tries to involve a third person(maliciously) in our characters blooming relationship, misunderstandings and absurd jealousy. We've all seen those type of scenes and I am tired of it. If there is misunderstandings then comical ones or stuff that can be resolved fairly fast is alright.

Proper pictures, please, no irl ones. If I can go down Pinterest rabbit hole for a proper picture that isn't picrew or some assortments of stickman, you can too. Though that may be just because I'm a face-connoisseur.

In terms of reply, para or multi-paragraphs, I don't expect a wall-of-maria respond each time, especially when our characters are just talking, short responses are fine, but please let each other have something to work with and don't break either of our backs. I like to plan ahead so you could have a workable response. OOC talk is appreciated

I don't bite, despite my tone. I'm just really tired and having a toothache.

A cursed painting... I had a thought that Arius is still alive. An immortal of sort but he can't stray too far from the painting.

Or simply he's just a demon trapped in the painting, waiting for the right person to pull him out.

There's different plans this can go, probably.

Your character being kidnapped for a sort of ritual to the house because lo and behold, the cursed painting rumors had gathered a bunch of cultists that wants to try sacrificing to the painting and your character is just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Or your character doing the cliche getting lost in the forest during camping with group and they had to stay in this suspicious, haunted manor.

Or, a ghost hunter of sorts. Going to abandoned, haunted places to see if demons and ghosts really exist. Would be funny to see a nonbeliever get grabbed while walking near the painting.

I'm up for any ideas if you have more though.

Since the painting was vandalized via my crappy editing skill 😭
IMG_20230914_173102.jpg

Last edited:
Hey there, I'm interested. Please DM me if you're interested in my idea.

So I had this idea pop into my mind while reading some of your ideas. It's a mixture of the cultist one and the hunter one. My character has heard the rumors of the painting, and intrigued by such rumors and a collector of such knowledge and of mysterious objects, he goes out in search of said painting. He may or may not have joined a cultist group for information purposes, and depending on your comfort level with mature and dark themes such as murder, he may or may not have only used them as information to get to said painting and disposed of them once it's found.

If this isn't to your interest, I wish you luck in your search! P.S. I'm also tired and my tooth is bothering me. Funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back