• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ・OUROBOROS — 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘮.

Other
Here

birth of venus

𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦﹗
Roleplay Type(s)
OUROBOROS
  • CHARACTER SHEETS
    Welcome to the character creation thread for Ouroboros! Please fill out the sheet below in its entirety, and remember, roles are not first come first served. Feel free to PM me with any questions about characters! Tip: this textbox has a hidden scroll and tabs at the top right. Thanks for reading!

Due date: Thursday, Dec. 28th @ midnight pst.

DOSSIER.
    name:
    aliases: (if applicable.)
    sexuality:
    place of birth:
    race/ethnicity:

VISAGE.
    hair:
    eyes:
    skin: (color, texture, etc.)
    build:
    distinguishing features:
    face claim: (not required)

PERSONA.
    personality:
    vices: (3+)
    virtues: (3+)
    fears:
    ailments:

CLASSIFICATION.
    role:
    totem:
    skills:
    weaknesses:
    expertise: (optional, but if you'd like to elaborate on your character's experiences and strengths in dreaming, go crazy.)

HISTORY.
    background: (give us as little or as much as you'd like.)
    relationships:
    extra info:​
code by Nano

"I AM THE MAKER OF MY OWN EVIL."
TASYA KUZNETSOVA

• THE ARCHITECT.

My body is a cage that keeps me from dancing with the ones I love, but my mind holds the key. I'm living in an age that calls darkness light, though my language is dead, still the shapes fill my head...

enter?

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

"RESISTANCE AND WILL,
EMBRACE THE SUBTLE THRILL."
TIMOFEY KUZNETSOV
THE JOB.

© weldherwings.

聖なる

서예슬

ex·ploit.

make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).

• requisite.

full name

Oleander Cruz

Cis Male

sexuality

Homosexual

alias

Orpheus

role

Extractor

visage.

scroll

height

answer

hair colour

answer

eye colour

answer

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
  • You're the anchor that I tied to my brain.
    Саша
    enter
coded by natasha.

Last edited:
    general
    cinnia
    full name
    Cinnia Nolan
    sexuality
    Biromantic demisexual
    date of birth
    September 09
    place of birth
    Nixon, Nevada
    cinnia (cin) nolan — the nurse
    totem.
    A teardrop ring set with a red gem that she wears on a silver chain around her neck. The inner edge isn't smooth, but instead raised in a faint, sharp ridge, just dull enough that it won't break the skin when she slips it on. When it sits around her finger, the pressure is enough to maintain a faint, stinging ache, which is a useful depth gauge in multi-layered dreams.

skills.
    They're scrappy, and know how to handle themself in a fight, dreaming or waking. They're also meticulous, detail-oriented, and have an incredible grasp of anatomy which is rather important when convincing dream wounds to knit themselves back together.

weaknesses.
    She's physically unimposing, and quiet in a way that can come off as passive. As with any child who grew up in a violent, unsafe environment, they understand people very well, but that's somehow never translated to an ability to actively manipulate or charm anyone over to her side.

expertise.
    They're the last sort of person you'd expect to be a talented dreamer, really, with their uncompromising grasp on reality. But perhaps that's exactly what allows them to do what they do...
left

Last edited:
ID: 450390399
Ollie
+
LOADING...70%

NAME: Oliver Brazzos
DOB: 01.05.1972
SEXUALITY: Homosexual
File:
//
    File:///C:/
    Appearance
    >
    HEIGHT: 5'10" | 178cm
    >
    WEIGHT: 152lbs | 69kg
    >
    SKIN: A light, olive color with cool undertones. His age shows through his crows feet and the creases in his brow whenever he has to deal with a troublesome teammate.
    >
    BUILD: Slim
    >
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: A cool mustache
    >
    FACECLAIM: Murray Bartlett
    Personality
    “I like to disappear every once in a while. Keeps people on their toes.”
    Oliver is nice, but he is not kind.

He'll introduce himself first, offer you a drink, and ask about your day but he'll never answer a 3:00 A.M. call or donate a kidney. Every word that leaves his mouth is laced with the faux cheeriness of a retail worker, designed to either placate or persuade his target to work with him rather than against him. Should you earn his ire however, he'll respond with the cattiness of an off the clock customer service worker. He has an ear for detail, picking up on the smallest of changes in one's voice or body language, hanging on to the details that would seem useless to others. Even the most mundane of information can prove useful, be it as a display of friendship or emotional ammunition.

Some call it cruelty, but he runs his personal life much like his business, purely transactional. Titles, connections, favors, few things come from the goodness of his heart. One would be hard pressed to have a genuine relationship with him, even harder to have something beyond an acquaintanceship. His walls are high and the part of him that despises vulnerability always claws the back of his mind. Even while drinking, he holds a certain poise that makes him simultaneously safe and untrustworthy.

Nonetheless he does his best to honor his client's terms without compromising anyone's wishes. Whether that means playing mediator between two parties, giving up part of his cut, or extortion, Oliver understands that long term relationships outweigh short term gain. His modeus operandi is that "a deal is a deal" and he will hold everyone to that, save for himself.

Because sometimes deals change.
    Virtues
    Persuasive, Observant, Cutthroat
    Vices
    Detached, Dishonest, Alcoholic
    Fears
    Stagnation, Emotional vulernability, Hairloss
    Ailments
    He's just old and Australian
Code by Nano

Last edited:

gavril d'aubigny

the chemist

♡coded by uxie♡

yananovic y. borgov

# the chemist

# hyuk jung

♡coded by uxie♡

"Life is unfair. K*ll yourself or get over it."
YANANOVIC Y. BORGOV

• the conductor.

And if I break
    Could I go on break?
    Be back in my room
    Writing speeches in my head
    Listening to the thousand hands
    That clap for me in the dark.

enter?

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

THE NURSE.

full name

Jordan Auclair.

alias

None.

Twenty-seven.

Female.

sexuality

Pansexual.

p.o.b

Marseille, France.

ethnicity

Afro-Jamaican & European.

hair

A thick forest of dark brown, curly locks that are shaped and shifted into a variety of hairstyles with the help of wigs and extensions.

It is not uncommon for Jordan to change her hair on a whim. Yet, more often or not these days, Jordan slicks back her hair into a practical bun as though she has lost her muse.

eyes

Tired and appearing glazed over, her eyes border on black. In the light, a subtle hint of murky green can be found hidden within.

Dark rings suggest or rather make it painfully obvious a sleepless night is common in Jordan's world.

skin

Namely unblemished and smooth, Jordan's light brown skin is supple and naturally glows — thanks to a simple, ritualistic skincare routine.

build

Unassuming and short, only standing at 5'1", Jordan is swallowed up by the crowd and can easily fade away. Yet, when her limbs and body flex, it appears as though someone has carved out muscle — hinting at an athletic past.

dist. features

A body treated like a canvas with dozens of small, minimalistic tattoos that unfortunately have too much memories attached to them, unusually sharp canine teeth, silver piercings in her nose, several silver piercings littered throughout her ears.

face claim

Myha'la Herrold.

Rät

Penelope Scott

req.

req.

My guilt is an ocean for me to drown in.

Shoes pounding pavement and breath ragged. Music roars in her ears — a petty attempt at quelling their screams.

Skeletons live in Jordan's closet, their bony fingers dragging up and down the door in an attempt to be free — or at the very least noticed. Jordan had to learn to compartmentalise from a young age, even more so after being hired by [REDACTED]. Each dream world she entered over those years gets a box. A box that is locked shut, wrapped in heavy chains and thrown into the shadowy depths of her psyche. Hopefully to never resurface again. Yet, those skeletons...they have different plans. They remain an ironic reminder of her Hippocratic Oath that may as well be torn to shreds. In its place is a deeply troubled individual, one that is plagued—if not downright haunted by the things she did.

Yet, in most instances, you wouldn't be able to tell. The only tell-tale sign is the disconnect between her smile and those almost pleading eyes.

She keeps running. One foot after the other. The shadowy figures in her peripheral blur into one shape. She half-heatedly waves at a neighbouring runner despite the figures creeping closer.

Jordan keeps up a façade. A well-maintained one at that, yet frays had started to show over the last year. Late nights in the emergency ward, she painstakingly helps anyone that enters that door with an almost obsessive nature, as though her own life depended on it—or maybe it did? Attempts to tell her to go home result in excuses. Jordan couldn't imagine anything worse than being home...with them. At least here, the people were still living and tangible. She couldn't help the ones at home — she made sure of that. But here, in the hospital, she could keep going until her legs buckled and her hands shook from over exhaustion. An ingrained workhorse mentality that was strengthened by her time with [REDACTED].

Jordan isn't really ever honest with those around her. Her parents still ask about the degree she dropped seven months ago; her co-workers still think she is with her ex-girlfriend. The worst part though, is Jordan even lies to herself — sometimes even believing the compounding lies that leave her mouth. The lies are the stitches that keep the old Jordan alive; the once cheery disposition, bright-eyed and curious, never-faltering morals, a deeply empathetic soul. Glimpses appear from time to time, a cruel reminder that deep inside her psyche that young girl still exists — trapped in a cell of flesh and bone.

Jordan can at times be a good friend—especially when she fixates on helping someone to avoid her own dilemmas. The same obsession that she gets at the hospital when tending to her patients. Yet, Jordan can become uncomfortable when people fixate on her, any offer for help will be politely declined. Jordan is a saviour by nature but the hypocrisy isn't lost on her with the actions she had made over the last few years.

She turns a corner and is plunged into darkness. She feels almost weightless, yet, simultaneously is held down by all of their clambering hands. In front of her stands a disembodied man, a bloodied burlap bag over his head. Blood seeps from where his eyes once were.

Guilt has become her baseline emotion. It is almost pitiful really, Jordan refuses to accept the reality and weight of her actions. Instead she remains in an endless loop of unhelpful thought patterns and maladaptive behaviours that halt her from moving on. Part of her believes she doesn't deserve to move on. That would explain why she works long hours in the hospital to only leave herself enough to pay her bills, while the rest is given to charities or those in need. Just enough to buy groceries and the odd solemn smoke she has on the fire escape. If she keeps distracted enough with the help of music and false company, Jordan can starve off the guilt for a period of time. Just enough time to come up for air and take a breath before she is plunged back down.

The man stands in front of her. She wishes he would take the bag off his head, but he never does, as though taunting her further. She pleads and pleads for forgiveness until her throat is raw. Then she stops, shaky limbs pulling herself back onto unsteady feet.

"No. No more. I don't deserve this. I didn't know."

Moments of clarity and hope still linger. It was only recently Jordan started seeing a psychologist. She didn't tell him the full picture but enough to piece it together. CPTSD and OCD he called it. He commended her mental fortitude and the fact she had managed by herself, keeping it all hidden. In the recent months she had been feeling somewhat lighter, more focused and even could sleep some nights without a handful of pills. Jordan would even genuinely laugh from time to time and was beginning to enjoy her own company again. She just had to stay the course, no matter how difficult and confronting it was.

Maybe she wasn't broken after all—or maybe she was still stuck in Limbo after all and this was some cruel joke?

vices

Troubled, self-critical, workaholic, compulsive, dishonest, fatalistic, overly cautious, obsessive, reactionary, secretive.

virtues

Adaptable, benevolent, clever, meticulous, dedicated, resilient, organised, perceptive, proficient, thoughtful.

fears

She fears them the most—those skeletons that reside in her closet. A general fear of rats. Still hasn't been able to shake the fear of being alone. It would also be amiss to not mention the fear that she was still stuck in Limbo—often questioning her own reality.

ailments

Diagnosed with suspected OCD and CPTSD, Jordan has many of the hallmarks symptoms with intense flashbacks, nightmares and a hyperawareness of danger that causes distress and anxiety. Jordan also has difficulty regulating her emotions which are often heightened in response to being reminded or triggered by her time dreamsharing. A warped sense of self is a typical, if not automatic response, to moments of confidence.

Jordan suspects she has always had OCD but it wasn't until after her stint with [REDACTED] that her symptoms worsened. Jordan has a number of obsessive thoughts that while unrealistic are unable to be solved with logic at times. Jordan also has compulsions that she has to complete or else she will become incredibly distressed. Thankfully, working with her psychologist on a medley of cognitive behavioural therapy and exposure therapy has helped lessen the severity of her symptoms—alongside a cocktail of pills from her psychiatrist.

pers.

pers.

session. 1

"My childhood? I'd say it was...unremarkable? I mean, I'm originally not from Brooklyn—if you couldn't tell by the slight accent that still lingers. Oh, and my father died while I was young—if that is the kind of information you are asking for? I wasn't upset about it, if that helps. We left Marseille not long after that. Mother always said it was his city to begin with."

"My mother is a doctor. A good one at that. She remarried after we moved to America. Let's just say he has been more of a dad than my biological father. I also have two siblings—a younger sister and an older stepbrother. We still keep in contact but I haven't been honest with them for a long time.

"Okay sure—you're right—I definitely had these behaviours when I was young. And yes, I see your point—that it may of started because of my biological farther. Yet, I could manage them—you know? I could handle it. It was after my studies when it got out of control."

session. 3

"I wouldn't admit this to anyone else, as it is so cliché, but I loved college. Thankfully, my parents were financially stable and could afford for me to have the typical college experience. Definitely don't drink like that anymore."

"I always knew I wanted to help people—you know? There was something so rewarding about someone feeling better because of you. I know that might be selfish to say but to be needed is something that I crave. Plus, I'm sure my mother's profession played a factor. She didn't particularly pressure me but I felt the need to succeed. It didn't help my brother is some big, fancy lawyer."

"During my last year there was an incentive to join other student's studies. I'm sure you had to them back in your day. The usual stick a few cords from an EEG machine to your head and make you watch a video or press a single key over and over. That was when I joined a study about dreaming. It was when I was exposed to the PAS—a device. Some fancy technology for dreaming—think a VR headset."

"In hindsight, I believe the study was a screening tool to find individuals who were more predisposed to interact with dreaming. I say that because it was only a few months later that I was offered a job that used that technology."

"It was too good to be true really. I mean, I've just graduated and they are offering almost triple of what I would earn within a year as a new graduate. Nurses are sorely underpaid as it is. So yeah, against better judgement I took it. The things they did—I did using that technology are what keep me up at night."

"My role was more non-direct than the others but I used my talents for bad, bad things. Really fucked up things—excuse my language. I just wish I never joined that study."

"Now they won't leave me alone. The people I've hurt. They follow me everywhere. If I don't listen to them I fear what they will do to me."

session. 6

"I messaged Meg today. It isn't like I want her back. I royally messed that up. I just wanted to be honest with her about everything. Well, as honest as I could be. She hasn't replied yet but I must admit—I feel better."

"Exposure therapy, huh? I can give that a go. Especially if it helps the way you are saying. I'll start small and gradually work my way up."

session. 9

"I fought the compulsion. I actually did it! It was very difficult at first and I attempted to avoid it, like you said I would, but despite how loud the voices' threats were—they never came true. I think I knew that all along but the uncertainty always stopped me."

"So...I know we created that exposure list and you wanted me to work my way up but I had an opportunity arise. If it wasn't for you I don't think I would of even considered it. Yet, I think it needs to be done for me to face all this shit."

"I can actually right my wrongs—you know? Something not many people get a chance of doing. It isn't going to be easy but now that I've got all these coping strategies, as you say, I think I can handle this. I think I'm ready."

The ex

megan dalton

The pair met at a college party and awoke twisted in bedsheets. Friends with benefits for a while soon developed into a loving relationship. Meg was the one who kept Jordan somewhat sane during her time with [REDACTED] but all the lies and her inevitable descent into guilt pushed Meg away. Jordan came home one day to find Meg's key to the apartment and a note.

the puppets

the [redacted]

Employed at the end of nursing school, Jordan was promised a lucrative job that involved delving into the dreams of "bad people". Jordan's team consisted of four others who all played their part in doing unspeakable things. Sometimes she wonders if they were just as much misled as her. The organisation responsible for this group has been scrubbed but Jordan wouldn't be surprised if another was put in their place.

totem

A pair of wired earphones that have tape wrapped around the fraying, white cord. When she is awake, they remain a reliable tool for drowning out the thoughts. Yet, when she is dreaming they hold within her auditory memories from a happier time. Not only does it tell her she's dreaming, it calms her down when she gets too distressed.

skills

A registered nurse for over five years has left her proficient in first-aid, aiding in surgeries, performing diagnostic tests and extensive knowledge of medicine. Somehow this has translated into her having the rare ability to heal those in a dream—namely physical ailments but sometimes she can go even deeper, repairing ailments of the mind when reaching Limbo. It isn't an exact science but by placing her hands on someone she can locate these ailments and almost feel it within herself. As though an architect but shaping and manipulating the very DNA of someone.

Jordan has a keen interest in running and has the stamina and flexibility of a once adolescent track runner. Participating in a lone, late night run each day has resulted in Jordan being physically fit, having high stamina and being quick on her feet. Coupled with her small stature, Jordan is able to infiltrate places most people can't.

Jordan is fluent, albeit a bit rusty, in Jamaican-Creole and French.

weaknesses

Apart from a bit of experience and knowledge in handling small, bladed weaponry, Jordan does not have much combat experience and could easily be overwhelmed if someone caught up to her.

Jordan has always struggled with her ability to create within a dream and is usually only able to manipulate pre-existing constructs in the dream.

Unbeknownst to the team, Jordan isn't exactly in the best head space and has a backlog of potential Shades that could jeopardise the mission. Yet, Jordan is determined to not let it affect her and finally face her guilt.

hist.

hist.

scroll

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

pragmatist.

scroll

Fausto

ㅎㅎ

name

Fausto Nobrega

aliases

Falcon, Red Eye

thirty-one

male

sexuality

bisexual

P.O.B.

NYC, NY

ethnicity

Portuguese

• no real mercy.

the price of human life is high. but there has always been a market

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
wip

ziva.

• ziva chan

the cat's eye

french
    cambodian

december 27

female

paris, france

bisexual

height
    weight

5'6
    135 lbs

blood type
    star sign

ab negative
    capricorn

hair

Long, espresso colored hair falls just past Ziva's shoulders. It is often worn straight and with the top half pulled up into a bun. When focusing, Ziva often wears it in a loose ponytail.

eyes

Sharp, almond-shaped molasses colored eyes see everything. Always scanning every room for potential exits and threats. Years of secretive work have trained her to be ever vigilant.

body type

Lithe and toned, Ziva keeps good care of her body.

skin

A golden beige.

dist. features

Several scars mark the beige planes of Ziva's skin. One on her left shoulder blade in the shape of a crescent moon, one on her right calf in a jagged line, and one small but angry scar on her lower back.

faceclaim

Elodie Yung.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */
© weldherwings.

Last edited:
CS Header Slim Left.png>>>DOSSIERCS Header Slim Right.png

NAME: Nordkvist, Fredrik
ALIASES: "Fred", "Freddy"
SEXUALITY: Heterosexual
PLACE OF BIRTH: Sweden
RACE/ETHNICITY: European

>>>VISAGE
HAIR: Dark brown, shaved
EYES: Blue
SKIN: White, fair complexion
BUILD: Fit, strong
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES:
Military tattoos, right arm
FACE-CLAIM: Aksel Hennie

>>>PERSONA
PERSONALITY:
Calm, professional and sometimes calculating.
Team-player, loves adrenaline. Problem-solver.
VICES:
Women, pride and an extreme stubbornness.
VIRTUES:
Fearless, compassionate, cool-headed.
FEARS:
Disappointing his daughters, dying alone.
AILMENTS:
Light PTS- He's seen some shit.

>>>CLASSIFICATION
ROLE: Pragmatist
TOTEM: A carved Dala horse, traditional color scheme
SKILLS: Military special forces-training, firearms expertise
WEAKNESSES: Limited understanding of PASIV, due to specialized training
EXPERTISE: Special training on Enhanced Dream Interdiction Tactics

>>>HISTORY
BACKGROUND:
Born in 1988 to Klas and Tilde Nordkvist, Fredrik was the sole child in a broken household.
Having been raised by an alcoholic father and an absent-minded mother he was left to his own devices most of the time.
Finding comfort and escape in the great outdoors, Fredrik excelled at sports and team-exercises.

When he came of age Fredrik left his hometown and, by extension, his family behind to enlist with the Swedish Armed Forces.
Pushing himself to his very limit he was known as a strong-headed individual by both teammates and officers alike.
Eventually enlisted with Särskilda Operationsgruppen ('Special Operations Group'), would go on to serve in Afghanistan, Chad, Mali and more. Partook in the evacuation of Hamid Karzai International Airport, 2021.

RELATIONSHIPS:
No contact with either parents. Sporadic contact with Elin, his ex-wife.
Has two daughters- Anna and Clara.

EXTRA INFO:
Was on loan to a special project of Sweden's military intelligence service.
Co-operative military research into PASIV, reverse-engineered from Russian prototype.
Project was shut down due to a stop in funding. Assets mothballed, operators and support staff returned to previous postings.

CS Header Fredrik.png

Last edited:

chemist.

scroll

Chelsea

明珠

name

Wen Ming Zhu

nickname

Chelsea

thirty

female

sexuality

lesbian

P.O.B.

Jersey City, NJ

ethnicity

Chinese

• madness and genius are the same.

it all depends on who is being accused of which aliment

♡coded by uxie♡

forger.

n. a person who falsifies; a creator of false tales

• requisite.

full name

delphine 'del' jonas

thirty-two

female

sexuality

unknown

place of birth

unknown

ethnicity

swedish

visage.

scroll

height

Roughly six feet and one inch tall.

hair

Dirty blonde dye job, dark brown roots. She ties it back neatly.

eyes

Light green. Part of her right iris is fucked and she tries to hide it.

skin

Snowy and chemically perfect. She's a freak about taking care of it.

build

Gymnastic. Moves like a hunting animal. She can mess you up.

features

No tattoos. Rarely seen without gloves.

faceclaim

Erika Linder and others.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

architect.

n. a person who designs and guides a plan or undertaking

• requisite.

full name

soren wender

twenty-five

nonbinary

sexuality

bisexual

place of birth

sydney, australia

ethnicity

chinese-german

visage.

scroll

height

About five feet and nine inches tall.

hair

Dark brown. Shoulder-length. Bangs.

eyes

Dark brown, patient, never surprised.

skin

Warm. Not much coverage needed.

build

Thin and thin-boned. Long limbs.

features

One of their fingernails is black. And there's a little age around their eyes, or maybe they just need some sleep?

faceclaim

Cami You-Ten.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back