• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom (Closed) Looking For People To Join a Pokémon Thread based in Unova

_Graphite_

Dreams disappear when the dreamer wakes.
The thread will be a combination of Black/White and Black/White 2

Rules
1: All Rp nation rules apply
2. Please be active.
3. I am not a stickler for post length, but try to at least reply with a few sentences.
4. Romance between characters is allowed, but keep it mildly pg-13 at most.
5. Your character may be the child of a gym leader/champion. Though this does not mean that they are some extremely gifted trainer. (In other words no power play or god modding)
6. Pokemon from all generations are allowed on your characters team.
7. Your character will start off with a single Pokemon in its starting form.
8. New Pokemon added to your characters team will also start off in their first form though exceptions will be made depending on how late they will be caught in the story.
9. Mega Evolution and Z-moves can be used once per battle though a mega evolved pokemon cannot use a Z-move and vice versa.
10. Pokemon in their starting form cannot know powerful moves (Any moves over a base power of 60)
11. Lastly your character may have up to two legendaries from the list below. However, your character MAY NOT have both legendary dragons.

Available Legendaries

Landorus

Thundurus

Tornadus

Cobalion

Terrakion

Genesect

Character Form
Name:
Role: Trainer, Breeder, Coordinator, etc.
Looks: Image (preferred) or Description
Family: optional
Home Region:

Personality: Please try to refrain from making your character too edgy
Goal:
Rival: Optional
Sexuality:
Crush: optional
Pokemon Team
STARTER
Species: (name or picture)
Nickname: Optional
Type:
Ability:
Move Set:
Other: List any accessories or any notable features your Pokemon may have

FUTURE TEAM
(Please fill out one for each of your characters Pokemon. Up to 6 including your starter Pokemons final form)
Species:
Nickname: Optional
Type:
Mega Ability: If Available
Move Set:
Z-Move: if available
Other:

Name: Nero Angelo
Role: Trainer
Looks:
Nero.(Devil.May.Cry).full.318802.jpg
Family:
Father- Vergil Angelo (Left shortly before Nero was born)
Mother- Clair
"Uncle"- Lance
Home Region: Johto, Blackthorn City
Personality: Much of Clair's personality has rubbed off on Nero. He can come off as flippant and arrogant. Sometimes his emotions can get the better of him which leads him to be impulsive and reckless, particularly when those he cares about are at risk. And much like Clair, Nero easily gets bored battling weak opponents and only finds entertainment in fighting strong opponents who will give him a challenge. He very much enjoys the thrill of Pokémon battles, though during battles he has a bad habit of purposely restraining his Pokémon from using their full potential and only when his opponent proves to be a sufficient challenge will he then allow his Pokémon to go all out. Nero's softer side shows itself when he is around his Pokémon and his friends. Truth be told he is actually very gentle and thoughtful towards others. He greatly values his friends and Pokémon and considers himself to be very lucky to have them in his life. While impulsive he does have a strong sense of justice and can be counted to do the right thing. Growing up under Clair, Nero holds great respect for Dragon-Type Pokémon. Where some may see dangerous untamable bests he sees beautiful, majestic creatures. Interestingly enough he has a knack for calming snd befriending even the most ferocious Dragon-Types. It should be noted that one topic a person should avoid brining up around Nero his father. He bitterly resents him due for his inability to stay with his family. When asked about his father he will simply claim thay he doesn't have one.
Goal: To become a great Dargon-Tamer like Clair and Lance
Rival: Open
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Crush: Open
Pokemon Team:
Species: Noibat
Nickname: Minerva
Type: Flying/Dragon
Ability: Infiltrator
Move Set: Bite, Air Cutter, Supersonic, and Double Team

Species: Noivern
Nickname: Minerva
Type: Flying/Dragon
Move Set: Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Hurricane, and Boomburst

Species: Kommo-o
Nickname: Aegis
Type: Dragon/Fighting
Ability: Soundproof
Held Item: Kommonium-Z
Move Set: Drain Punch, Flash Cannon, Clanging Scales, and Clangourous Soul

Species: Dragapult
Nickname: Spirit
Type: Dragon/Ghost
Move Set: Dragon Darts, Phantom Force, Psychic Fangs, and Dragon Dance

Species: Garchomp
Nickname: Mehrune
Type: Dragon/Ground
Ability: Rough Skin
Mega Ability: Sand Force
Held Item: Garchompite
Move Set: Fire Fang, Poison Jab, Earthquake, and Outrage

Species: Hydreigon
Nickname: Void
Type: Dragon/Dark
Ability: Levitate
Moveset: Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower and Focus Blast

Species: Reshiram
Type: Dragon/Fire
Ability: Turboblaze
Moveset: Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse, and Blue Flare

Last edited:
What in the gobildy goop is this? *Signs my soul to the rp* I'm in and I would like Zekrom

I’m here, too.

As for which Legendary I would like... hmm. Seeing as I’m bringing Vincent back in, I’m torn between one of the Swords of Justice and Meloetta.

Edit: As cool as hell as Cobalion looks, I'll claim Meloetta.

Last edited:
I've been looking over this and I'm considering it, but I'm not 100% on my decision just yet.

If able though, I'd like to call dibs on Kyurem in case I do actually decide to hop in (if I change my mind, I'll let you know).

And yeah, I know I’m using the same character as the last thread, but I’m unsure of the fate of that one. I’d just have to tweak my CS a bit to include Meloetta, and... I was thinking about whether or not I wanted to make Vincent’s Lycanroc a Dusk Form instead of Midnight.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'LL EDIT THIS WITH MY FORM SOON.

1st edit: aww man, all my favorite legendaries are taken. i wanted Victini or Reshiram and both are taken...but i'll take a claim on Verizon Virizion and Genesect-those are my second favorite legendaries, mainly because of their movies. And _Graphite_ _Graphite_ , nice DMC reference for the whole of your character. To answer your question scorpiodragon scorpiodragon , yes pokemon are gonna be restricted to 4 moves each like in the games.

Last edited:
a9602af4840cf5c2b3f4354c40bb0fc9.jpgRay's the one on the rightName:
Ray Juniper

Role:
Trainer, Professors assistant

Looks:
To Ray he's always felt like he got the short end 9f the stick when it came to looks, believing that his brother is the more attractive one (even though they're identical twins) he has fairly feminine features including long eyelashes and long, slender fingers. Nevertheless, Ray wears his black hair long he rarely ties it back though he'll do so when participating in any sort of physical activity. Physic wise Ray is slim and tall, standing around 5'10 (about an inch taller than his brother. Other than that he wears standard glasses over his grayish-blue eyes.

Family:
Mother
Father
Leon Juniper (Twin brother, the other person in the picture)
Prof. Juniper (Aunt)

Home Region:
Aspertia City, University

Personality:
Out of the Juniper twins, Ray is the more introverted and shy one. While his brother excelled at battles and being popular at Aslertia's trainer school being called a prodigy, Ray was the bookworm of the two, excelling at academics. Though one thing that sets the two apart was with Ray's connection with Pokemon, he can easily connect and befriend Pokemon seemingly being able to understand their emotions and nearly communicate with them.

While he can talk to Pokemon with the charisma of a cult leader when it comes to people Ray begins to stumble. As said before Ray is a shy and timid person who lacks a backbone and if it wasn't for his brother's protection Ray would have become someone's errand boy back in trainer school. Even though at times he can become a bumbling mess (especially with romantic situations) Ray has a surprisingly brave side that comes out of nowhere, it usually rises when someone person or Pokemon is in danger.

Goal:
Ray doesn't really know what to do, right now he's helping the Professor out with her studies.

Rival:
None yet

Sexuality:
Bisexual

Crush:
None yet

Pokemon Team
STARTER
togepi.gif

Species:
Togepi

Nickname:
Bri

Type:
Fairy.png

Item:
Soothe Bell

Ability:
Serene Grace

Move Set:
Growl
Pound
Sweet Kiss
Draining Kiss
FUTURE TEAM
togekiss.gif

Species:
Togekiss

Nickname:
Bri

Type:
Fairy.png
Flying.png

Ability:
Serene Grace

Move Set:
Air Slash
Flamethrower
Play Rough
Psychic

keldeo-ordinary.gif

Species:
Keldeo

Type:
Water.png
Fighting.png

Ability:
Justified

Move Set:
Sacred Sword
Aqua Tail
Aura Sphere
Poison Jab

crobat.gif

Species:
Crobat

Nickname:
X

Type:
Poison.png
Flying.png

Ability:
Inner Focus

Move Set:
Sludge Bomb
Toxic
U-Turn
Air Slash

snorlax.gif

Species:
Snorlax

Nickname:
Sumo

Type:
Normal.png

Ability:
Immunity

Move Set:
Blizzard
Curse
Earthquake
Thunder Punch

umbreon.gif

Species:
Umbreon

Nickname:
Noct

Type:
Dark.png

Ability:
Synchronize

Move Set:
Protect
Pursuit
Toxic
Wish

leavanny.gif

Species:
Leavanny

Nickname:
Vanny

Type:
Bug.png
Grass.png

Ability:
Swarm

Move Set:
Leaf Blade
X-Scissor
Agility
Baton Pass

Last edited:
Well....question. Can I have Galarian Zapdos instead of the second legendary? Look, I'm definitely interested (Big pokemon fan) but give me some time to read up on the sheet and stuff. But other than that, I'm hooked.

I understand if foreign legendaries are out of the question in terms of encountering them as Im reserving Zekrom, and (Maybe) Kyurem.

Edit: Since Reshiram has been already taken, Kyurem is solely just a possibility if Galar Zapdos doesn't work.

Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel : I mean, if I decide to not hop in, Kyurem is all yours if that's the case or until I change my legendary choice at some point.

Meanwhile, I'm still thinking on this, though I've got some loose ideas right now... I'm just not posting a CS of some form 'here' as I'm kinda sure this is an interest check thread... (Unless you 'want' them here, well OK, but I'm questioning that TBH.)

Well, its in the Group Interest Check section, so i'd imagine it might be better to make a character thread or something.

Eh I'm lazy so just go ahead and put your CS here. To add to that only Unova related Pokémon will be available and as it stands both Wolfy and at the moment Bolt have both reserved Zekron and Kyuren respectively.

And jesus had I known all of you where going to make it over I might have just made it a private thread haha. (You know who I speak of)

blitzfritz blitzfritz I have no idea what you're talking about!

OK, so... we put them here? Your laziness is... noted, even if confusing.

Only Unova related Pokémon - so either Pokémon that are from that region or appear in it? Might need to specify which 'dex we're using on that, then.

EDIT: Refer to below, and earlier. This is where my CS is! It's complete and ready for viewing!
anime-anime-girls-long-hair-camera-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Name: Kikyo Tonme
Role: Trainer/Photographer
Home Region: Sinnoh, Snowpoint City
Personality: Kikyo is a positive, duteous and hard working girl who tries to bring out the best in as many people as she finds - either by just being herself as a person, or going out of her way to invert their frowns. Though this is her best trait, it is also her worst trait - she is too willing to sacrifice way too much for other people instead of keeping those things - if any are needed - for herself. Kikyo is guided by the motivation of investigation and curiosity - mainly for various forms of art - like sculpting, cooking, or her hobby - photography. She believes that mediums like those are the best way of showing appreciation and care towards anything as physical proof of the love that allowed it to exist.
Goal: Kikyo wants to 'upgrade' her hobby into an actual job - a profession.
Rival: Open
Sexuality: Bisexual
Crush: Open

Pokemon Team:
Species: Swinub
Type: Ice/Ground
Ability: Oblivious
Move Set: Tackle, Mud Slap, Powder Snow, Ancient Power
Species: Mamoswine
Type: Ice/Ground
Ability: Oblivious
Move Set: Earthquake, Ice Shard, Stone Edge, Heavy Slam

Species: Crabominable
Type: Fighting/Ice
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Held Item: Icium Z
Move Set: Ice Hammer, Close Combat, Crabhammer, Payback

Species: Ninetales (Alola)
Type: Ice/Fairy
Ability: Snow Warning
Held Item: Icy Rock
Move Set: Blizzard, Aurora Veil, Moonblast, Extrasensory

Species: Lapras
Type: Water/Ice
Ability: Shell Armor
Held Item: Leftovers
Move Set: Blizzard, Brine, Whirlpool, Perish Song

Species: Froslass
Type: Ice/Ghost
Ability: Snow Cloak
Move Set: Blizzard, Thunder Wave, Shadow Ball, Draining Kiss

Species: Kyurem (Normal/Black/White)
Type: Ice/Dragon
Ability: Pressure
Move Set: Dragon Claw, Glaciate, Scary Face, Iron Head
>If Black Kyurem or White Kyurem (assuming I have access to either or both), replace Iron Head with Freeze Shock or Ice Burn respectively

Last edited:
Aw...well then, Im probably out then. See, I like Unova pokemon as much as the next, but Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem were bigwigs in my favs. Now that they're all taken, and the other legendaries not as appealing, Im just going to pass on this.

Im a Galar Zapdos fan. Flying/Fighting type, cool design...the Meep Meep. Plus I know there are some cool unova mons like Krookodile and the like, but still. Well, hope you have fun!

To better clarify the only Legendary Pokémon that will be available are the ones that originated from Unova; however, Pokémon from all regions will be running around Unova. That goes for your character as well they can have Pokémon from any region.

I'll try this one lol

Next week is so close. I'll be more free

Eh I'm lazy so just go ahead and put your CS here. To add to that only Unova related Pokémon will be available and as it stands both Wolfy and at the moment Bolt have both reserved Zekron and Kyuren respectively.

And jesus had I known all of you where going to make it over I might have just made it a private thread haha. (You know who I speak of)

blitzfritz blitzfritz I have no idea what you're talking about!
You can't get rid of us that easy. You know well we got a fantastic group of ppl :P

Thats perfect! I'll get an actual rp thread up later tonight. Have to work today but theres really nothing for me to do so I may be sent home early. If I do then I'll get something up sooner.

Come to think of it, actually... Vincent is a bit of a better fit in this iteration. Not only is he in his native Region, but he’ll be facing off against Elesa at one point (the Gym Leader he hopes to replace), and he’ll be getting a Legendary that, while it’s not Dark, it thematically fits.

Just finished my character! Hope she’s alright ^^

4F383D1A-E249-444E-8516-B75F09D5339E.jpeg
Character
Name:
Violet Belrose

Role:
Trainer
Specifically, she is a Psychic Type Trainer , not only specializing in ghost and psychic Pokemon but also appearing to have psychic abilities herself. So far, especially due to her sickly condition often causing her to get nosebleeds and very exhausted when she uses her abilities, she is only able to levitate lighter objects and with enough focus and energy, manipulate them (like bending a spoon or crumpling a sheet of paper).

Family:
Autumn “Joy” Belrose (Mother)- Pokemon Nurse [Alive]
William Belrose (Father)- Detective [Deceased]
Nurse Joys (Relatives)- All Pokemon Nurses

Home Region:
Kalos
Specifically she ran away from her home in Aquacorde City

Personality:
Upon first impressions, Violet appears to have an extroverted, energetic, overly confident, and loud personality with quite the sharp tongue, the small girl having fierce wit and being too blunt for her own good. She often names herself as the greatest psychic trainer to-be and while she does not try to be purposely mean, her short temper and pride can lead to her spewing a whole range of insults and remarks at anyone who offends her with the girl being the kind to hold a grudge when her pride is bruised.

However, it appears that this demeanor is simply a mask. While Violet sincerely believes in her Pokemon and herself having the potential to do great things, she truly is quite a timid, easily stressed, and a sensitive girl, wracked with the fear of becoming nobody and being left alone. After years of her weak constitution limiting her as well as bullying when she was able to go to school, she has developed the outlook that if she were to act softhearted and emotional, she would simply be ignored and forgotten. A nobody. So she overcompensates to hide her own insecurities, weaknesses, and nervousness as the girl is quite cowardly and easily nervous when faced with crisis or major intimidating challenges. However, she denies this greatly, afraid of appearing weak.

This fear can influence her social relationships. After years of bullying, Violet is inherently distrustful to other people, greatly enjoying attention and praise but being afraid to appear vulnerable to others and instinctively expect others to look down on her because of them. This includes when she sincerely cares about someone, the girl often claiming she helps and cares for those close for the sake of proving her skill and denying any possibility of a deep connection so she won’t be seen as vulnerable.

Despite her beliefs, Violet does show touches of her true personality. Specifically when it comes to her Pokemon. With her Pokemon, Violet rarely feels fear of being looked down a lot, thanks to her past with her Ralts. To her, they are true friends and often when she believes she is alone with her Pokemon, Violet acts much calmer and humble as she ensures her Pokemon are okay and are willing to do anything for them, despite her nervousness. She also often gives her Pokemon accessories so she can always identify them.

Goal:
To become a Pokemon Master as well as a Skilled Psychic like her idol Sabrina

Rival:
OPEN
Honestly, Violet would consider any trainer that proves to be a challenge to be a worthy rival.

Sexuality:
Bisexual

Crush:
OPEN

Current Pokemon Team
DEF78A00-5192-45DB-AD2D-981C3E76992F.png
Species:
Ralts

Nickname:
Duke

Type:
Psychic/Fairy

Item:
Twisted Spoon

Ability:
Synchronize

Move Set:
Disarming Voice, Confusion, Draining Kiss, Hypnosis

Other:
•Accessory wise, Duke often wields the Twisted Spoon like a sword adventure well as a dark pink scarf knitted by Violet herself
•Duke was given to Violet by her father, having given her his egg when she was 9 and stuck in the hospital for her birthday, having told her that every great mind would need a partner by their side. The two have had an extremely close relationship since.
•Personality wise, Duke has a gentle nature and likes to relax.

Future Pokemon Team
9FACDEDF-F313-4866-A425-51DA4F90A9DF.png
Species
Gardevoir

Nickname
Duke

Type
Psychic/Fairy

Ability
Synchronize

Mega Ability
Pixilate

Move Set
Future Sight, Dream Eater, Healing Pulse, and Moon Blast

Z-Move
Shattered Psyche or Twinkle Tackle
Based on move type (only one move can be used once per battle depending on what Z-crystal she has if she does have one)

Other
•Violet had intended to have Duke evolve into a Gallade but forgot a Dusk Stone. She felt rather guilty especially since she spent so much time getting Duke excited to be a Gallade and a “knight”. However, this proves to strengthen their bond as Duke embraces the new form and figured out how to be a “knight” in his own way and Violet could not be prouder.
F0B6794F-8C5B-40A1-A889-69B56B2C9767.png
Species
Aegislash

Nickname
Lancelot

Type
Steel/Ghost

Ability
Stance Change

Mega Ability:
N/A

Move Set:
King’s Shield, Head Smash, Sacred Sword, Night Slash

Z-Move:
Continental Crush ,All Out Pummeling, Black Hole Eclipse
Based on move type (only one move can be used once per battle depending on what Z-crystal she has if she does have one)
Other
•Lancelot would likely have been captured for Violet to disprove her fear of Ghost Pokemon. Unfortunately, this would lead to a rocky start between the two with Violet intimidated of Lancelot and Lancelot absolutely oblivious to this fear and being too forward. Nonetheless, they do warm up to each other over tie.
•Lancelot wears a small purple bow tie gifted to him by Violet.
•Personality wise, Lancelot has a bold nature and is somewhat vain.
BACC36D9-0925-41FC-A1D9-9BBF094F4416.png
Species:
Starmie

Nickname:
Jewel

Type:
Water/Psychic

Ability
Natural Cure

Mega Ability:
N/A

Move Set:
Confuse Ray, Surf, Psychic, Hydro Pump
Z-Move:
Never-Ending Nightmare, Hydro Vortex, Shattered Psyche

Other:
•Jewel and Violet get along well immediately, Jewel’s cheerful energetic nature going along well with Violet’s confident energetic demeanor. Though Jewel’s cheer and impulsiveness does tend to make Violet drop her demeanor more than she’d like to.
•Jewel wears a yellow scarf, made by Violet.
•Personality wise, Jewel has a jolly nature and is highly curious
89FB4E9E-C5D3-4D34-82B2-63520DCB2252.png
Species
Banette

Nickname
Spectra

Type
Ghost

Ability
Insomnia

Mega Ability
Prankster

Move Set
Phantom Force, Shadow Ball, Hex, Will O’ Wisp

Z-Move
Never-Ending Nightmare, Inferno Overdrive

Other
•Due to both having short tempers and Violet’s fear for Ghost Pokemon, Spectra and Violet likely would not get off on the right foot and often argue and struggle to work together. Though, through character development, they do slowly learn hos
•Spectra wears a dark yellow bandanna which was given to her by Violet
•Personality wise, Spectra has a naughty nature who is a little quick-tempered
14C1FB18-398F-4BCD-9999-12ED3F3FAC07.png
Species:
Lucario

Nickname:
Atlanta

Type:
Fighting/Steel

Ability
Inner Focus

Mega Ability
Adaptability

Move Set:
Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Dragon Pulse, Copycat

Z-Move:
All-Out Pummeling, Devastating Drake, Breakneck Blitz,

Other:
•Violet would like catch Atlanta due to being interested in a Lucario’s ability to read auras, hoping that learning about that ability could help her communicate telepathically with her Pokemon, an ability that Sabrina is rumored to posses. And while this eagerness would ward away Atlanta initially, through development, the two are planned to developed a deeper bond.
•Atlanta wears a maroon neck scarf, given to her by Violet
•Personality wise, Atlanta is careful and has good endurance
E59CEC63-FF79-4D8B-98AA-7B480DA3934A.png
Species
Victini

Nickname
Spirit
Type
Psychic/Fire

Ability
Victory Star

Mega Ability:
N/A

Move Set
V-create, Final Gambit, Overheat, Flare Blitz

Z-Move
Inferno Overdrive, All-Out Pummeling

Other
•Another Pokemon that Violet get instantly along with, especially since she’d be beyond excited to have a Mythical Pokemon. She just may underestimate how much trouble Spirit’s impulsiveness and status as a Mythical Pokemon may get her in
•Spirit wears a bright orange collar with a silver bell, given to them by Violet
•Personality wise, Spirit has a brave nature while being impetuous and silly

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back