2019 Writing Event 2019 Writing Event: Action August

RpNation

I didn't want to go swimming anyway, baka!
Administrator
[div class=container][div class=header][div class=tri][/div][/div][div class=headertxt]Action August[/div][div class=ofthemonth][div class=headerf]A Themed Writing Event[/div][/div]
Welcome to the third writing event of 2019!

This month's writing theme is Action. You can expand on this theme however you wish but please remember the focus of the writing is the theme itself. This is a writing event for this month only! You have from July 27th, 2019 until August 31st, 2019 to submit your story!

Rules
  1. Word Limit: 500 - 2500
  2. Must adhere to RpNation Policies and Guidelines.
  3. Must match the monthly theme.
  4. Users may only submit one entry.
  5. Please limit usage of BBCode. It is important the entries be readable.
  6. Entries must be submitted to the 2019 Writing Event as their own thread with the correct prefix.
The first place winner will be awarded a badge and their story featured in the newsletter. There will also be a runner-up badge given to the second place winner. Happy writing![/div]
[class=container] width:100%; min-height:400px; [/class] [class=header] width:100%; height:175px; background: radial-gradient(ellipse at 50% 100%, rgba(200,241,247,1) 0%,rgba(45,149,188,1) 66%,rgba(18,74,125,1) 100%); display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; [/class] [class=tri] width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 100px 100px 100px; border-color: transparent transparent #313131 transparent; align-self: flex-end; [/class] [class=headertxt] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:50px; color:#fff; text-align:center; [/class] [class=ofthemonth] text-align:justify; padding-top:10px; [/class] [class=headerf] width:100%; background:#313131; font-family:'Oswald', Verdana, Arial; font-size:30px; color:#fff; text-align:center; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3); [/class]

Some quick questions from me:
  1. What are the criteria by which you are ranking the entries?
  2. Could the submission be a piece of fan-fiction with OCs, or does it have to be set and crafted in an entirely original world?
  3. Does the submission have to be a short story, or could it be a poem/screenplay/scene from a bigger piece?

SkyGinge SkyGinge "What are the criteria by which you are ranking the entries?"
We overall mostly look at how well the writing fits the theme and how well written it is.

"Could the submission be a piece of fan-fiction with OCs, or does it have to be set and crafted in an entirely original world?"
It can be fan-fiction with fandom OCs or original. The only thing that matters is the theme. However, please keep the audience in mind as not everyone may be familiar with your fandom.

"Does the submission have to be a short story, or could it be a poem/screenplay/scene from a bigger piece?"
As long as it fits within the word limit and follows the other rules you can write stylistically what you want.

I shall try my best to keep within the limits of 2500 words, but I do fear that will be my only hardship.

Ahahaha!!! Flirty Februrary was a blast for me; this will be awesome! It's my time to shine!!

Aw heck! As a Poet, writing stories comes a little harder... but I might try my hand at this :3

*stares at August's theme, stares at wall, stares at Youtube in hopes for inspirational music, stares into oblivion for a solid, promising idea*
Haven't actually focused a short story or excerpt strictly on action so this should be interesting.

Is there any way that the story could be longer? Cause I'm already at 1000 words and i'm haven't even hit the main plot yet T^T (from the intro to "Were about to have some major action and the story is going to be r o l l i n g.- past 2500)

Is there any way that the story could be longer? Cause I'm already at 1000 words and i'm haven't even hit the main plot yet T^T (from the intro to "Were about to have some major action and the story is going to be r o l l i n g.- past 2500)
There is only minor wiggle room for a few words over or under, but not excessively so.

I finished writing and cut out literally half of the plot just to make it 2499 words. Help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back