• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

[1x1] To High Seas (DrHuggies & SC)

Kai nearly retched at the sound of the conversation between Edwin and Cassandra. He paced around his cell, utterly bored out of his wits.

"Are we there yet!" he yelled, Kai wanted to hurry up and reach the shore, he was getting restless. Kai decided to carve something so he got out his knife and started to carve intricate designs into the deck of the ship.

"We'll be out at sea until tomorrow, so I suggest you lie down and sleep." one of the guards said, sitting down in a chair.

"And, I believe you said something about marriage back at home, Edwin, darling...?" Cassandra asked sweetly, her smile widening when she glanced over at the door.

He hesitated for a moment. "Marriage? Oh- yes, marriage, I'd-- well, this may seem a tad silly, but I'd been carrying it with my things when I came out here. Er, just in case, you know? I bought it a little while ago, and I wanted to ask you, so I had it on me..." he began to dig through his pockets. "Ah, here it is. Right, I figured, your father liked me well enough, and you are a wonderful, beautiful woman, and--"

"My god, look at the diamond on that!" she interrupted him, eyes wide as she stared at the ring. The first thought that went through her head was how much she could sell it for, though she quickly spoke up afterwards. "I mean, um, of course I'll marry you! How much did you buy that for? I mean, you shouldn't have spent so much on me!"

Another one of the guards sighed, glancing over at the hole on the wall as one of the men began nailing a tarp to drape over it. "Think the higher ups are going to be pissed at us for letting that happen?"

"Probably."

"It's going to be a long night, and an even longer day tomorrow..."

Kai looked over at the guards. "Yo f*** ups." Kai pulled out a pouch of gold coins and jewels. "Who's up for a bit of poker aye?"

The guards sat down and one of them fetched a pack of cards. Kai ended up winning all the guard's money, only loosing a few of his own coins. "Good game," he smiled and lay back, placing his hat over his face, "and good night."

The guards sat quietly when he lay down, exchanging a few quick glances. "...I think he cheated." one of them said, returning to his position.

"He's a pirate, of course he'd cheat to make some extra coin. Though, it's not going to matter much when he's hanged, will it?" another guard said, getting to his feet as well to guard the door.

Cassandra had returned to her cabin to sleep, more than happy to keep the engagement ring on. For a moment, she considered keeping it -- it might go well with the rest of the jewelry she had stolen.

Kai awoke early the next morning from the few rays of light that leaked through the poorly covered hole. Getting up, Kai stretched. He could faintly hear the sounds of life, they must be nearing the port. Kai suddenly got anxious. What if Cassandra couldn't save him? How would she save him? Doubtful thoughts started to seep into his mind. What if Cassandra had tricked him into getting caught? Kai started to feel more and more unsure of his decision.

At sunrise, the guards changed again, one of them inspecting the hole quietly.

When she woke up, Cassandra enjoyed a decent breakfast in the cabin, eating quietly with Edwin.

"So, when we get back home..." he said, looking up at her for a few moments.

"We'll have the captain hanged, and then we can start planning our wedding. But, first, I think I'd like that bounty..." she said sweetly, sitting up a bit and smiling at him.

He nodded. "Of course. You said your father needed the money, right? You're a very thoughtful daughter, you know..."

Cassandra tilted her head and rolled her eyes. "Oh, you flatter me, dearest! Honestly, I just want to make sure he's well off, you know? Because I'll be living with you soon enough..."

"Of course. There's the issue of me being, um, away for a while, because I'm in the Navy and all--"

"That'll be fine." she said with a shrug. "I can wait for you."

(There is nothing really for me to do in this part so can you just i dont know like time skip or something or just do a big post until a part where I can actually do something? There is nothing really for me to do in a cell.)

Two and a half hours passed slowly, Cassandra spending time by wandering the ship and, whenever she had to speak to Edwin, faking her glee regarding the marriage. He seemed overjoyed, and occasionally she did feel a pang of guilt, though she pushed it to the back of her mind. When the vessel docked back at their town, she got off board quickly, followed by Edwin.

"You go see your father, Cassandra. I need to take care of the prisoner. And the, um... hole in the side of our ship. I'll rejoin you in a bit." he said, glancing back as a few of the men pulled Kai off the ship, making sure he was properly restrained.

She smiled and nodded, pausing for a moment to smirk at Kai, before pulling Edwin into a kiss. "Of course, dearest. I'll excitedly await you back at home."

Kai grinned as Edwin walked into where Kai was kept. "Oh my dearest Edwin, are you here to save me," Kai said in a mock ladies voice. He touched his heart and faked a faint. "What are you doing down here, are we going to kill me now?" Kai asked, standing up, "are you here to take me to the gallows?"

"Oh, we're not taking you to the gallows. Not yet." he said, glaring at him. "No, we'll lock you up and your punishment will be decided. Though, I have a feeling we all know what you'll be getting." Edwin glanced back at Cassandra for a moment. She was already starting back towards her father's manor, not even looking back at them. He was silent for a moment, before straightening up again. "Right, men, we'll be taking him to prison now. And you'll get to enjoy being locked up for a few more days." he said, smirking at Kai.

"Woohoo," Kai said sarcastically and let the guards take him. They slightly paraded through the streets showing Kai off like he was the catch of the day in some fishing competition. They took him to a prison and locked him in a cell underground. After they had shoved him in, Kai looked around his cell and saw that there was another prisoner in there. "Hello there," Kai said to the man in his cell, "It seems that we are roommates now." 
(Your choice, do you want to write him?)

The prisoner glanced over at Kai when he spoke up, silent for a few long moments, before sitting back. "What're you in for?" he asked, eying him. "Theft? Murder? I've got a feeling we're going to both end up at the gallows by the end of the week. Seems they're emptying out the prisons this month." he said, shifting a bit and glancing around. "I'm in here for just about everything, honestly. I've only been in here for a few weeks, but you get used to it quickly. Not that either of us are gonna last very long."

Kai grinned, he was going to like this guy. "Piracy mate, i'm a pirate and i kidnapped some lady." Kai sat down on his make shift bed. "How skilled are you?" Kai asked, "fighting, stealing, shooting and so on?" Kai was wondering if the man would be worth recruiting.

The man rolled his eyes, sitting back. "Piracy. They're not very lenient on pirates, you know? Or kidnapping." he sighed. "But you're still gonna get a trial. Not that it matters, seeing as they'll make sure you're hung no matter what." he sat up a bit, eying Kai. "Why d'you want to know about that, anyways? I suppose I'm good with a gun and sword, and I've stolen plenty of things. One of the reasons I'm in here, other than murder."

"When i escape, i would like to recruit a few more skilled men." Kai said calmly and casually. Kai pulled out two knives and gave one to the man. "Let us see how good you are then."

The man took the knife, staring at Kai with a raised eyebrow. "You think you'll be escaping, lad? I doubt it. The guards don't care much about what you have to say, but they're good." he said with a shrug, looking down at the knife for a few long moments. "What're you planning on doing with this, anyways? I think we're only going to get a nastier punishment if we try anything, or if we're caught with... these." he said quietly, with a shrug, getting to his feet and glancing around.

Kai grinned, "I want to see if you are worthy enough." Still grinning, Kai leaped forward with his knife and jabbed at the man. Kai was prepared to pull back at the last moment if the man couldn't block it, just in case if the man wasn't as skilled as he said he was.

The man raised an eyebrow, though quickly stumbled back when Kai jabbed at him, blocking with the knife. "Are you crazy--?" he glanced back for a moment, flinching at the sight of a guard standing at the door, staring at them.

"Right, you two are going to have to be separated, I see." he said, frowning. "Looks like the pirate fellow's going to have to enjoy staying in his own cell."

"Nice," Kai said, admiring his reactions. He then twirled around and looked at the guard. Kai had his knife in a throwing position. Lowering it he took out the sack that he had earlier, the one filled with jewels and gold coins. Kai took out the biggest jewel (which was actually worth the least) and walked up to the cell bars. He twirled the jewel in his fingers. "Would a big jewel like this likely persuade your eyes as to not seeing?" Kai grinned.

With a sigh, the prisoner sat back down, putting the knife aside and staring at the guard. The guard stared down at Kai for a few long moments, before eying the jewel. He took it, still examining it, before slipping it into his pocket and backing away from the door. "Well, alright, I'll let it slide. I didn't see anything." the guard paused for a moment, before smiling. "Although, I can't say the other guards didn't." he said with a chuckle, returning to his spot as two more men approached the cell.

Kai took out two more jewels. "Yo motherf***ers, how about one jewel each, and your eyes see nothing in that happens in this cell?" Kai twirled the jewels around in his hands, the shiny edges catching the light making the jewels sparkle.

They exchanged glances and muttered a few things, before one of them shrugged, taking a jewel. "Eh. We don't get paid enough anyways, right? So long as you don't kill him with that knife, we'll be alright." he said, pocketing it and returning to his post. The other guard stared down at it, then looking over at the other guards, before shrugging and accepting the gem.

"Yeah, okay. Don't cause too much trouble, alright?" he said as he returned to his spot as well.

(Sorry for the late answer ive been really busy)

Kai grinned and turned back to the prisoner. "Where were we?" He asked and then leaped forward, jabbing his knife towards his heart. Kai stole a quick glance at the guards to see what was going on.

The prisoner watched the guards quietly, sighing as they left. "You can get 'em to do anything for a bit of cash--" his eyes widened as Kai jabbed at him, moving quickly to block him with the knife. Stumbling back a bit, the prisoner glared at him with wide eyes. "You're trying to kill me! Were you always this insane? 'Cause it's not gonna be very easy recruiting a dead man, y'know that?" he asked, glaring at him and backing himself against the wall, holding the knife out defensively.

Kai chuckled, "you're going to die anyway genius, why not take the risk?" Kai grinned and sliced at the prisoner again. The knife deflected off his blade. Kai grinned at the man and twirled his knife on his fingertips. "I dont expect you to beat me, or even come near," Kai said, "only to see how good you are, im always in need of more men."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back