• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

[1x1] To High Seas (DrHuggies & SC)

Kai laughed and ruffled Cassandra's hair. "I couldn't ask for a better first mate," he grinned. He motioned for Cassandra to approach the wheel. He then started to teach Cassandra how to steer the ship as well as some of the main orders on a ship.

Cassandra smirked as he motioned for her to come to the wheel, listening closely to his lesson. After a few hours of sailing, the sun had began to rise, and a large portion of their small crew had headed below deck to sleep.

"We're off to get the rest of your crew, right?" Cassandra asked, pausing to stifle a yawn. "We should get there eventually... let's hope they're not dead. And we'll need to work on recruiting more members. The bigger the crew, the better, right? Of course, we'll have to make sure to have enough to pay them well..." she thought for a moment, folding her arms.

Kai looked at Cassandra. "We'll start with the island my crew is on, they should have enough stuff for a good pay for everyone, we will keep as many of them alive as we can. We then pair them off into a fight to the death. The victors join our crew. Easy" Kai then turns back to the wheel and peers ahead. "Now, how much you got left of the ransom?"

Cassandra frowned at him, an eyebrow raised. "A fight to the death? We'll lose half of them -- isn't that a waste of resources? Surely you can settle for just training them. It'll be more effort to go get more people, and then make them fight whoever to the death. I don't see why you have to make this so dangerous. So you can sound tough?" she paused for a moment, before sighing. "A few thousand. It's not too bad, I think, and we can split it up for the crew."

"I dont care if i lose a quarter of them," Kai replied, "i want the best of the best, then i will train those best so only a few remain, five or six to be exact. You dont become a feared pirate if you let anyone join your crew. Soon i will test these crew members, eliminate those not strong enough." Kai looked out onto the horizon. The sun was starting to set. "Get the night crew on will you?" Kai said to Cassandra.

Cassandra rolled her eyes and nodded. "Yeah, sure... doesn't matter if you waste your resources. Don't become a feared pirate if you're dead, either..." she muttered as she left to gather some of the crew members. A couple minutes later, she returned above deck, some of the group following her. She returned to her spot by Kai, folding her arms and eying him. "I take it you feel no pity for killing them? I don't understand you. Not even an ounce."

Kai smirked, "if they make themselves worthwhile i might pity them." Kai squinted out onto the horizon and saw the outlining of an island. "We're nearly there," Kai smiled and said to Cassandra.

Cassandra sighed and nodded, stifling a yawn and pulling her hat off to run a hand through her hair. "Well, good. I'm dead tired, and would like the chance to rest below deck..." she said, staring out at the island for a few long moments, before smiling up at him. "I'm excused, right? Surely you don't need me for anything else up here... besides, I want to be well-rested."

"Sure," Kai smiled and watched Cassandra as she returned below deck. Kai handed the wheel off to another crewman and headed to the bow of the ship. When the ship neared the island Kai jumped into a rowboat with some other men and headed to the island. The other crewmen later followed in other rowboats.

Cassandra quietly headed below deck, though she could only sleep for a little while. After a bit, she quietly returned above deck, looking out to the island for a few moments, before sighing and glancing around the boat. "Shall I just sit here and wait... sorry, guard the ship? Doesn't seem I get to do much else..." she muttered, leaning against one of the cannons. "Other than be bait, of course. Can't forget how important that job is." Cassandra sighed.

Kai looked back and saw Cassandra on the ship. He whistled to her and bekoned her to jump onto one of the rowboats.

He then pulled out his binoculars and scanned the shore. It seemed fine. As the rowboats reached the shore Kai jumped off. There was suddenly a chorus of bangs as hidden muskets went off. Many crewmen fell. Kai dived into the water and hid behind the rowboat. The shallow areas of the water were turning red. Kai grabbed a dead man's musket and loaded it. He peeked over the rowboat and fired. He saw his target tumble back, hit. Kai quickly ducked again as many bullets flew at him, devouring the rowboat.

Cassandra sighed when she spotted Kai, carefully climbing down and landing in one of the boats. She sat quietly as they slowly followed Kai's boat, and she immediately ducked when she heard gunshots.

"God damn, and here I thought we were just going to go pick up the rest of his crew..." she mumbled, pulling off her hat and coat quickly, before jumping into the water. She swam a bit closer to the shore, staying behind one of the rowboats closer to Kai. With a frown, she looked over at him. "This isn't some sort of training, is it? You pirates are crazy, but not that crazy... right?" she drew her pistol, quickly and carefully peering out from behind the boat.

Kai looked over at Cassandra and smiled devilishly. "No, this is real." Kai then pushed the rowboat onto the shore and flipped it on its side. The crew followed his lead and soon there was a barricade of rowboats on the shore. Kai peeked over, firing his musket into the natives.

Cassandra scowled, keeping her back pressed against the boat as she gripped her pistol. "Don't you think it's pretty much our fault that they're attacking us? Seeing as we just barged in--" she gasped as a bullet hit the boat near where she sat, splintering some of the wood. After a moment's hesitation, she moved to fire at them, quickly ducking back down. "And those crew members are probably dead, you know. Seeing as they appear to have their weapons..."

Kai raised an eyebrow and looked up onto a hill on the horizon. If he strained his eyes hard enough he could see a small mass of specks on the mountain. He grinned, hoping they were his crew members. There was suddenly gunfire and flashes coming from the hill. Kai started yelling and cheering, the other crewmen noticing the new people and cheering as well. Kai leaped over the barricade and ran to the saviors. Kai recognised only some of them. "What happened?" Kai asked quizzically.

Cassandra flinched at the sudden hail of gunfire, remaining still behind her barricade as the crew cheered and Kai ran off. She frowned, glancing around the beach quickly for her coat and hat, before spotting them. She crawled towards them, pulling the coat on and standing, running a hand through her hair and putting on her hat. She approached Kai and the others, stopping a few metres short of them and eying them warily. "I suppose you could say they saved us. But I'd like to know how those savages got their hands on your weapons..."

Kai's previous first mate stepped forward with his story. "It was at night, the savages took out our night watch and raided our weapon supply. They then started slaughtering us. We only just managed to drive them off. We lost many good men." He paused a bit before clearing his throat and continuing. "Then there was a ship landing not too long ago. We plundered 'er and recruited these men. We used that ship's guns to kill the savages who were attacking you."

Cassandra raised an eyebrow, staring at the men, before nudging Kai. "Well, this is a nice turn of events... looks like you landed yourself some new recruits, captain. We'll have an entire fleet before we know it." she smirked, folding her arms. "That is, if you don't kill half of them." she added quietly, looking back at the crew members. "We'd better start moving those boats back to the water. I am not in the mood for swimming back to the ship."

Kai nods. "You heard the woman!" Kai yelled, "move it!" Kai helps move the boats back into the water. He gets into one with Cassandra and they row back to the ship.

Cassandra smiled as the crew began pushing the boats back into the water, quietly stepping into one and sighing as they began rowing back to the ship. "So, now you plan on going about this crew business as you normally do, right? A shame. I was taking a liking to some of these thugs. They're surprisingly pleasant." she said, sitting back a bit and pulling off her hat. "And then what? Look for a ship to plunder? Perhaps pillage a poor harbour?"

Kai smiled, "I won't kill them." He confirmed, "we'll go plunder a few ships and keep the ones that live."

When the rowboats returned, Kai went up to the steering wheel. "Lets get 'er going lads!" Kai yelled, steering the ship from the shore of the island and towards a famous trading route.

"Well, I suppose that's more merciful, at least." she responded with a small sigh, sitting back a bit. She followed Kai onto the ship once they were close enough, adjusting her hat as she stood not too far behind him. "I'm not about to be used as bait again, am I? I didn't quite appreciate it the first time." Cassandra asked, eying him warily. "That, and there's no dress around to make me seem dainty and vulnerable."

"Dont worry," Kai smiled, "we're going for the full, traditional, plunder. Kai laughed.

Soon night came along and Kai sent Cassandra and himself to bed as the night crew came onboard.

Cassandra quietly made her way below deck, pausing for a moment to look back at Kai. "I didn't quite expect today to go as it did, you know... a few alarms raised back at the jail, maybe, and perhaps you finding your crew members starved to death... but not this. Still, it could have gone much worse, I think." she stifled a yawn. "Let's hope tomorrow goes smoothly, as well. I'm not in the mood to deal with the Navy again." she said, turning and walking off. Weary from the day's events, she fell sound asleep shortly after she got into her hammock.

Kai smirked and headed up to his cabin. He stopped on the main deck and opened a bottle of wine. He sat on the side of the ship, dangling his legs off the edge. He took a swig and looked out over the rolling seas and into the starry night sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back