• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

[1x1] To High Seas (DrHuggies & SC)

Cassandra had wound up sleeping until shortly after sunrise. She quietly cleaned herself up as best as she could before redressing herself, heading above deck. Leaning against one of the cannons, she glanced around, stifling a yawn and sighing. "I'm glad I have short hair, at least... I don't know how I'd manage without a brush, otherwise." she paused, stretching and frowning. "Say, has anyone spotted a ship yet? I need something to wake me up. Though, some breakfast would be nice..."

Kai had slept a few minutes later and was awoken to the voice of Cassandra. He yawned, "not yet, good idea ill see what there is for breakfast." He got out some bread and meat. "Eat up sweetheart."

She raised an eyebrow, looking over at him with a slight frown. "Such a luxurious meal..." she muttered, grabbing a piece of bread and sighing. "One wonders how you can even afford it. And I'm guessing you down it all with rum, seawater, or some mixture of the two." she said, taking a bite of the bread and glancing around, adjusting her hat. "I kind of miss the nice, big breakfasts I'd get back at home. Fruit, pastries, eggs, the best bread and choice pieces of meat." she smiled, shifting a bit. "And now, I get a pirate's meals. All the alcohol you can imagine, with... bread and meat."

Kai laughed. He was used to the ways of pirates, but this didnt stop him from wondering how different his life would be. He finished the food and grabbed a bottle of wine. He then sat on the edge of the boat again, dangling his feet off the edge.

Cassandra ate quietly, getting to her feet when she was finished eating. Sighing, she wandered around the deck for about a minute, before approaching Kai again, glancing around. "So, when will we be doing this good old-fashioned boat raid, eh? Any vessels in sight, or will we just be sailing around for another day?" she asked with a raised eyebrow, folding her arms. "While I'm not fond of sending sailors to their death, I'm always fond of the precious loot they have on board." she paused briefly. "Or, uh, 'booty'. If that's a word pirates actually use."

Kai laughed. "Never knew why it's called booty." He put his hand on his pistol. "We are near a popular trade route. Next ship we see will be our pray." Kai said. "Ready the cannons and ammunition!" Kai yelled as he jogged up to the steering wheel.

Cassandra smiled, quietly walking to the steering wheel. She slipped her hands into her pockets, standing a few metres away from Kai as she glanced around. "And then what? We sell what we got from the ship? Keep the food and whatever alcohol, I take it?" she asked, eying him for a moment. "Is there some black market you pirates go to to sell this stuff?"

Kai nodded, "we sell what we dont need and keep what we do." "Ship ahoy cap'n!" There was a yell from the crows nest above. Kai looked up and saw the ship. "Let's bring her port 30 degrees!!" Kai shouted, turning the ship. "Raise the black flag!" Kai grinned and got another man to steer. He ran to the main mast and climbed it so he was standing on the sail. He drew his musket and lay down. He loaded it and aimed at the merchant ship. "Cassandra, why dont you try get us into a good position!" Kai yelled down. He aimed and fired the musket. The bullet fell short, plopping into the watee infront of the merchant ship.

Cassandra hesitated when Kai began climbing the mast, glancing around for a moment, before sighing. "Oh, sure. Might be better at that than sword fighting, at least..." she muttered, approaching the wheel and taking it from the man. Inexperienced as she was, Cassandra did have a loose idea as to how the thing worked, if only from observing everyone else. Straightening her hat and finding her resolve, she cautiously began steering the ship closer, her knuckles on the wheel turning white as she gripped it.

Kai fired again, this time the bullet hit a man, making him fall. "Load your muskets!" Kai yelled, loading his musket. "Ready!" There was a click as people cocked their muskets. "Aim!" Kai aimed at a merchant. "Fire!" Chips of wood flew as most of the untrained crewmembers missed their mark. A few bullets hit, causing people here and there to collapse onto the deck. "Throw the grapples!" Kai yelled. Once they had grabbed the merchant ship they pulled them in. There was the sound of splintering wood as the merchant ship's side contacted the side of Kai's ship.

Cassandra couldn't help but jump as the crew members fired at the merchant ship. Keeping herself steady, she tried to keep the ship in a good position, hesitating as the merchant ship struck the side of theirs. Glancing questioningly at Kai, a small, uncertain frown on her lips, she cleared her throat. "Now, do I just keep this thing steady while you, ah... plunder their ship?" she asked, eying the other ship with a raised eyebrow. She'd have her sword handy in case anyone decided to approach her, but she wasn't in a mood to defend herself.

Kai nodded at Cassandra. He waited for the right moment when the sail of the merchant ship was just near Kai. He leaped and stabbed his knife into the sail. He slid down the sail until he was on the wooden crosspiece. He glanced down. No one had noticed him, they were too busy focusing on Kai's crewmen. Kai slid down the mast and drew his pistols. He fired them once, then threw the unloaded guns away. He drew two cutlasses and sliced down two nearby merchants. Kai grabbed the musket one dropped and ducked behind a barrel. He peeked over the top and fired the musket. He couldnt be bothered reloading it so he threw it to the side. He drew his swords again and ran up to a merchant, stabbing him through the stomach. Kai then advanced, using him as a shield.

Cassandra kept her grip on the wheel tight, though ducked slightly at the sound of guns firing. She muttered a curse, drawing her own pistol, though she knew she probably wouldn't be able to hit any of the merchants from where she was. With one hand still on the wheel, she shifted her position, thankful to see that the crew was keeping the merchants distracted. Heaving a quiet sigh, she kept her gun out, knowing full well she'd need it if anyone decided to climb on board the ship.

Kai chucked the body down and picked up a stray pistol. He looked around to see the rest of the merchants surrenduring. Kai grinned. "Search the ship boys!" Kai yelled and walked up to the captain of the ship. "Where is the gold?" He asked, knowing that merchants always hid their gold somewhere on the ship. Kai hit the man in the face with the butt of the gun. "WHERE IS IT!" he yelled, slamming the pistol into his face again.

At the sight of the merchants surrendering, Cassandra sighed quietly, placing her gun back in the holster. Figuring it was safe enough to leave the wheel, she approached the edge of the boat, glancing around the ship quietly. "Maybe you should let him respond before you knock his teeth out?" she called to Kai with a slight frown, folding her arms and adjusting her hat. She wanted to grab whatever loot the merchants had on board and be done with it, though she knew the captain could very well want to set the merchant ship alight, first. Keeping her back straight and her eyes slightly narrowed as she glanced around, she shifted her weight. The men she had gathered had thought her to be a tough woman, and she intended to keep that image.

The captain stood there, silent. He had balls Kai acknowledged, but this wouldn't help him. Kai kicked his knee. There was a crack and a cry as the knee snapped and the man collapsed. "Where the f***'s the money." Still nothing. Kai grabbed his knife and pushed the captain to the ground. He opened the merchants eye wide open and brought the blade extremely close to the eye. Kai touched the eyeball lightly and the captain shrieked in pain. "Under the floorboard where my closet is!" He yelled. Kai nodded and his men went to the cabin. A few minutes later they returned with chests and sacks full of money. "Empty the ship!" He yelled and the crew got to work. "Thank you, you have been very co-operative." Kai drew his pistol and shot the man in the face.

Cassandra perked up at the sight of the crew members returning with money, shifting from her spot where she was practically draped over the wheel. She stretched for a moment, before grinning. "Glad I might be able to get some new jewelry," she chirped, pausing for a moment to examine the ring on her finger. "I was starting to get tired of my old stuff. Besides, I've got a new coat, might as well match it with a pair of new earrings." she said, adjusting her hat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back