• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝓋𝒾𝒶𝓇𝓎 → main (discontinued)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

eyyliner

ミ✭
𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝓋𝒾𝒶𝓇𝓎 → main

Characters

Nasir Alaoui, A.K.A. Black Crown
Milo Santaniello, A.K.A. The Crow Ayama Ayama
Varion Heathbrook Augustine II, A.K.A. Great Uncle RedactedReject RedactedReject
Alastair Deimos, A.K.A. Snow Noivian Noivian

Odelia Alaoui, A.K.A. White Wing
Victoria LeMay, A.K.A. White Tail rivers and oceans rivers and oceans
Leigh Darrington, A.K.A. Harrier Ayama Ayama
Nico Ternovan, A.K.A. Piper koschei. koschei.
Ausar Mostafa, A.K.A. Thoth loveweaver loveweaver
Romulo Florentine, A.K.A. Skua sox sox
Jayson Bradbury, A.K.A. Blue
John White, A.K.A. Scout Firehazard1232 Firehazard1232
Kazz Lazulus, A.K.A. Sloth LazyDaze LazyDaze
Ezarah Salazar, A.K.A. Sage mourning star mourning star

Keiran Vaughn, A.K.A. Nighthawk VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow
Orlena Hanne, A.K.A. Albatross dendygar dendygar
Campbell "Bell" Hanslet, A.K.A. Paradise queanbean queanbean
Dawnelise 'Dawn' Duval, A.K.A. Mockingjay Ethereal_Dreams Ethereal_Dreams
Ryan Redwood, A.K.A. Moon Eye Nautical Twilight Nautical Twilight
Amano Shun, A.K.A. Fisher Ayama Ayama
Crystal 'Crys' Smyth, A.K.A. Ice InTheSea InTheSea
Aria Bellamy, A.K.A. Liar Noivian Noivian
Anahita Olar, A.K.A. Swan quadratis quadratis

Storyline Progress

i. The Aviary is opening its doors to several new members! Each new applicant has been assigned to an older member. These apprentices will be formally assigned their 'guild guardian' at a press conference being held in the lobby of the Aviary. Several journalists will be on the scene to cover the assigning. Afterward, each applicant will be given their own I.D. and given a tour of the entire staff area by the leader of the guild herself, Sloane Hall. While this occurs, the older members are free to mingle amongst themselves or the magisters to prepare for their upcoming teachings.

Last edited:
i. The Introduction

lobby.jpg

It was a sunny morning. The sky was clear and the sun shone brightly upon the Aviary, reflected in the panelled glass that covered the entire structure. In the building, amongst the freshly-arrived journalists and their newest members, stood a woman. Thick curls fell around her face, streaked with grey strands that convened at her temples. Crow’s feet rested at the sides of her dark eyes, punctuated only by the smile lines near her full lips.

Dressed in pressed slacks and an overcoat, Sloane Hall glanced about the room. Shaking out the collar of her coat, she turned her head back to her companions. There was a fire in her eyes as she surveyed the four men before her. Each one served as a magister at the Aviary; each one she had known for a decade or more.

Shooting a curious glance at her oldest friends, she glanced back at the press.

This is lovely. Isn’t it, dears?” She hummed, hands coming to rest on her slim hips. She leaned against the wall, taking a deep breath before she continued, “All these fresh faces, so excited to learn. Hopefully, their mentors are able to keep up with ‘em.”

Nasir chuckled under his breath, catching the older woman’s attention.

With a raise of her brows, Sloane smirked knowingly. “Besides your niece, my dear friend. If I didn’t know better, I’d think she hadn’t stopped smiling since I told her she was part of the program.”

Nasir sent the woman a twinge of a smile through his graying beard.

Trust me, she hasn’t been able to stop talking about it either.” He hummed, crossing his arms as he too surveyed the crowd. “I’m sure some of the older ones are gunning for a position as a magister as well. A lot of them have potential—we’ll see how they do.”

You think they could handle the amount of paperwork we have?” Sloane asked.

Nasir snorted. “Not a chance.”

Sloane laughed, clapping her hands as she pushed off from the wall. “Right-o, then! Let’s get the show on the road, boys. Daylight’s wasting!”

The chattering died down as Sloane walked towards the small stage that had been set up in the main lobby for this occasion. She smiled wide once she reached the podium, straightening her shoulders before she looked about the small crowd.

Hello and welcome to the renewed apprenticeship program opening for the Aviary!” She crowed, all smiles as she began her speech. “I’m proud to announce that after a lot of deliberation, we have selected eight new apprentices for our guild. Each of them is here today to be assigned a mentor and to be given a designated tour of the building.”

Sloane pulled back, gesturing to the front row where the new apprentices sat. Sloane glanced about, smiling wide. “Now, my lovelies, I know you’re probably nervous but I’ve got some questions to go over before we can begin. For now-” Her attention turned up to the several journalists in the back, lifting her brow as she cast her gaze on them.

Who would like to go first?”

It took several minutes to get through questioning. Sloane had been sincere as she answered but after silence had begun to stretch, she grinned. “Thank you for everyone who attended. The Aviary appreciates each and every one of you! Now, my dear apprentices, feel free to follow me.”

Before Sloane could leave the stage, she leaned towards Nasir to whisper in his ear. “Can you check up on the older members? I know I told them to just keep doing their regular work in the offices but I can’t help but to worry. You know how I am.”

Nasir nodded. “Certainly can, boss. Have fun with the kids.”

Sloane chuckled, rolling her eyes before she turned back to the small group before her. “Now, dearies,” She hummed, descending the stairs and sweeping her arms wide, “Let’s begin with the ground floor. Might as well get you completely familiar with the layout and everything before we get up to the faculty floors.”

Nasir Alaoui

Nasir had stood behind Sloane as she spoke, gazing out amongst the gathered audience with feigned interest. He enjoyed their work—enjoyed being able to protect citizens and keep the general public enamored with the concept of magic and its capabilities. Still, there was a certain glamorization of it he didn’t condone. He watched the way his old friend worked the crowd, smiling and laughing as she breezed through the questions.

It wasn’t long before she was closing the conference. As she passed by, she leaned to whisper in his ears. He nodded sagely at her request and murmured out a joke that awarded him a brief chuckle. As she passed by, he glanced back at the other magisters.

I know she only asked me but with all the other members who work here, I doubt I’ll be able to get to them all before the tour is over. Mind helping me out on checking up on them?”

______________________________________________​

Jayson Bradbury

Reclining in his office chair, Jayson sighed. He glanced out the window at the bright sky, studying the way the clouds were drifting in the breeze. The magisters had chosen to have the other members work until the team meeting that was scheduled later on that day. Still, he couldn’t focus. His mind kept drifting to who he would be assigned to and what that meant.

A sudden tug on his low ponytail had him looking over his shoulder, aware of who exactly would be fearless enough to tug on his ponytail. Odelia stood before him, smiling widely. He rolled his eyes, crossing his arms as he gave her a cursory sweep from head-to-toe.

I don’t know how you do it, but somehow, you always wear a different outfit despite it being the same color.”

______________________________________________​

Odelia Alaoui

Odelia was too twitchy to focus on work. She had tried tying up the same report three times but still came to the same conclusion—she couldn’t focus. Sighing, she took a sip of her cold tea before leaving her desk. She passed by several of her co-workers on her way to the small medical station she knew her friend worked at. She was silent as she passed through the open door, smiling fondly as she caught sight of a familiar head of red hair.

Creeping up behind him, she gave a gentle tug to his ponytail. Jayson’s expression when he turned made her laugh, cocking her hip as he surveyed her. Her outfit was one of her bests—a recent dress with a high neckline and a small slit along her lower calf. She placed her hands on her hips, striking a pose with a flip of her waist-length hair.

I know you’re just jealous, darling. Anyway, on to more important things.” Leaning into his shoulder, she studied the report up on his screen. “What are you working on?”

KAZZ LAZULUS

Kazz crushed an aluminum can and allowed it to roll out of his hand and into the waste bin with the other two that had met a similar fate. It's contents were an experimental blend of a famous energy drink and coffee; yes, Kazz had already come to terms with the potential for an untimely heart attack, but that would only be seen as a blessing for the day he braced for and feared ever since they put up those flyers. He took a long and tired gaze into the dark abyss that was his computer screen, using it as a mirror to practice being well...not himself. Currently, there was no noticeable improvement. If he concentrated really hard perhaps he noticed that his leg shifted a few centimeters in either direction ever few minutes or so. Honestly, that could be attributed to being forced out of his element rather than the poison he had just consumed. He lazily tugged on his tie and blew his bangs out of his face, only for them to return to their original position. Ironically, being at his desk now only made him realize how often he avoided it in the first place. It was pristine, and that smell from whatever furniture store they ordered it from was still lingering, but barely. If you didn't know any better, you would think Kazz was the meticulous type, placing organization and cleanliness above all.

After a long break in his thoughts he couldn't help but release a deep groan, too low for anyone around him to hear, after quickly remembering he would have to take this suit all the way to the dry cleaners...it was the only one he owned. "...Continue to work normally," Kazz asked himself rhetorically as he twirled a pen on his finger. "...They said that with a straight face." He abruptly stopped twirling his pen and leaned back into his chair as if suddenly discovering an admiration for the ceiling. "...Did they already forget my co-*yawn* e n....Mhmm...ame," Kazz said while stretching out in his seat. He then took a self conscious glance around him. He could hear ferocious typing, dutiful paper rustling and worst of all, office humor! Was he the only one bored out of his mind. Scratch that, was he the only one feeling as if he was going to get a prison sentence soon. The last thing he needed was some energetic brat reeking of delayed puberty asking him stupid questions, or worse...GOOD QUESTIONS! OH THE HORROR! Then there was the whole role of being a mentor. Would he be allowed to take his afternoon naps? Would he have to stick to a schedule? Would he have to...be a role model? The last thought made Kazz shudder enough to believe the energy drinks kicked in. No need to panic, perhaps he would miss out on this round. Perhaps the noobs will be respectab-.....flyers. Kazz facepalmed as the word continued to recycle itself over and over within his conscious. One could imagine his dismay. Imagine sending out a flyer stating you were in need of food without any specifications or qualifications. You're liable to get garbage along with any fine cuisine. Actually, you're less likely to get the latter. "...Exactly, and before you know it you're eating out of a pre-opened can of tuna because that's some jerk's definition of food. I don't want to mentor *yawn* bad tuna-, aaannnnnd I'm talking to myself. Great..."

Kazz peered into the waste bin once more. Quickly skimming through the ingrediants labeled on the back of the crushed cans. "...I want my money back..."

qfwHHTq.png

Alastiar had stood stock-still, cold and stone-faced through the entire press conference. It wasn't that he was upset with being there, or unhappy with his position, but rather he detested the pomp and circumstance that tended to go hand and hand with the welcoming of new applicants. He observed each of them idly, taking in the way they fidgeted and listened, marking in his mind which he thought had more potential and others who had more room to grow. His brow raised a few times, taking them in. Cream of the crop? Probably not, at least not before they were trained.

When the press conference ended, and Sloane stepped down from the makeshift stage set up in the lobby, he could only just catch a whiff of her brief conversation with Nasir. It wasn't long before the aforementioned Magister was turning to his peers, offering to go check on the other members. With a thoughtful hum, Alastiar stretched his arm to see his wrist watch, a smart watch, and tap the screen a few times to check his calendar. Seems he didn't have anything major planned for today, having most of his schedule blocked off for the ceremony and watching the applicants interact with their mentors for the first time. He tried not to let the smile on his face show too much.

"I suppose I have time to do that," he feigned, not wanting to seem overly eager to get out of this lobby and into somewhere less public. "Perhaps splitting up would be the best course of action. It would allow us to cover more ground."

LEIGH DARRINGTON
Codename 'Harrier'

Leigh Darrington was in a foul mood. This was nothing unusual for the young man as, in earnest, this was more often the case than not. He banged into the office on that sunny morning accompanied by metaphorical thunderclouds, chewing on a piece of gum and glaring at anyone unfortunate enough to catch his eye. He'd been up all night chasing some renegade magic user and had nothing to show for it except a bad temper, a dull itch at the base of his skull and the bags under his eyes.

He threw himself down into his office chair, unsure whether to glare at his desk, his computer; the pile of paperwork he was supposed to be dealing with, or whether to turn around and glare at the annoying clear blue sky instead. Wishing he could simply will the blinds closed, he rose with ill-grace to shut them himself, cursing under his breath whatever overenthusiastic custodian had deemed it a good idea to open them in the first place. He glanced down at the street as he did so, noting the gaggle of journalists and photographers spilling out from the front of the building, and groaned out loud.

"It's today? Damn it," he complained, leaning back in his chair and closing his eyes, wishing he could be back at his apartment.
coded by Bvmble

Last edited:
[class=container] --accent-1: #46a2b9; --image: url(https://i.imgur.com/KAiAYdX.png); --time: 20s; [/class] [div class=credit][/div][div class=credit2 style="display: none;"]code + design by @constellation[/div] [class=credit]position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; font-size: 15px; color: #b2e0e0; transition: 1s;[/class] [class=credit2]position: absolute; z-index: 2; top: 5px; left: 15px; max-width: 160px; margin: 15px; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 3px; text-align: center; font-weight: 500; text-transform: lowercase; padding: 25px 30px; color: #333; border: 1px solid #e2e2e2; background: white;[/class] [class name="credit" state="hover"]cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; color: #A0C9C9; transitions: 1s;[/class] [script class=credit on=mouseenter]fadeIn 1000 credit2[/script][script class=credit on=mouseleave]fadeOut 1000 credit2[/script]
[div class=container][div class=border][div class=name]Crystal 'Crys' Smyth
[div class=role]Code Name: Ice Bird: Emperor Penguin [/div] [div class=image][/div] [div class=textbox][div class=scroll]There was far too much light. And there was far too much noise from everyone around her. The building had so much glass, so many opportunities for others to peer in as Crystal peered out. She felt too exposed even though she wasn't even out in public and was dressed modestly. The transparent panes of the Aviary acted as a way for her to look out into the world she left behind while simultaneously acting as a barrier. A barrier that separated her from the rest of the world. If only everyone would just be quiet for a few minutes. Because of this, she couldn't help but allow the nagging voice in her head to continuously harass her as she stared forward towards those who would be acting as her new teachers; but she wasn't actually seeing them. It seemed to be the only way to block out the external noise. Did you make the right choice? You could have had it made as a doctor. Or a lawyer. Maybe a politician. You never actually decided where you were going, and now you threw it all away. But did she? Did she though? Did I? She shoved the voice aside and reached for the normal voice of reason. The young woman couldn't actually be sure, considering this was hardly what she expected the Aviary to be like. And she wasn't even sure what she expected from it to begin with. Somewhere in the back of her mind, where her imagination could poke out like a sore thumb, she had thought that everyone would be dressed in long wizard robes in a rainbow of colors, crowned with those unnaturally huge pointy hats with moons and stars on it, holding magic wands that glittered like sparklers on the humid summer night of Independence Day. But no, it wasn't like that at all. Everyone looked freaking normal. Well, they were a little less normal than the journalists there who she was absolutely sure wanted to interview her and the other applicants. And she was in no mood to divulge her reasons for dropping out of a full ride that would have made her life quite cushy. And in the beginning, living a comfortable life with a well paying job made so much sense. How could it not? It's not like her powers actually did anything remotely useful. Making water cold, even cold enough to freeze it solid. Yeah, so many uses, right? Perhaps if someone wanted to make a thousand different flavors of ice cube or something. Maybe she could have made it as a shaved ice vendor. And as for moving water with her mind? What did they call it? Water manipulation or was it hydrokinesis? Both? Okay sure, she would have been the cream of the crop when it came to plumbers or something, but that really wasn't a career she would have been at all pleased with. Weren't those guys expected to be fat and have their butts hanging out of their jeans? Wasn't that how the movies always portrayed them? She inwardly groaned as this dialog ran through her mind. When was this conference going to start anyway? And what the actual hell was wrong with her this morning? She was supposed to be happy. This was supposed to be the start of a new life, a new beginning. Yet all she could think of was how utterly useless her powers were. She was intelligent, and her powers hardly reflected this. But in the end, regardless of her personal feelings towards her powers, the Aviary had provided some hope. She was sure she had been given these powers for a reason, and she hadn't personally met anyone who could do what she did. Yet. She was accepted in this guild, and if that meant anything at all, then surely that meant that they saw something great in her. After all, they had only accepted a mere handful of applicants, and she was one of the chosen few. Of course she was, why wouldn't she be. She took a moment to close her eyes and inhale through her nose. Calm. Losing her head was totally out of character and she wouldn't throw away this chance if they somehow noticed her going to pieces. She had given up everything she worked towards until now, so she had to make due with it. She would succeed no matter what. A voice from the wall rose into a laugh, the clap snapping Crystal's eyes open and her attention to it. The woman, who strode forward to the small stage that rested before her, was imposing to say the least. But her smile was warm, so that was something. The girl straightened herself up, looking every bit the attentive pupil she knew she was. She was also aware of the other men who were still standing behind where the woman was. After a few moments of talking, the woman had gestured towards the front row of seats where Crystal and the rest of the accepted applicants sat. For once, it took everything in her power to keep from looking around at the others. Focus. And when the woman started taking questions from the journalists lining the back row of chairs, the girl permitted herself a moment to relax; at least she wouldn't have to be answering any questions. And as expected, it was pretty boring. Journalists and their stupid questions. The answers given would just likely be embellished with false gossip when printed, the media was hardly completely trustworthy. But just as quickly as the series of questions and answers began, they were finished, and the woman was bidding the applicants to follow her. Without a word, Crys rose from her seat and obeyed. Do not cross this woman, she thought to herself. Down a set of stairs they went to the ground floor. Who knew what was going to be down here. [/div][/div] [div class=info][div class=text]INTERACTING WITH: Noone ❄ MOOD: Anxious, Insecure, but doing well to keep her exterior composed. LOCATON: Main Lobby. TAGS: eyyliner eyyliner [/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=container] width: 450px; height: 630px; margin: auto; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/232c090ebdd37ae4bc17adb54e1e0344/tumblr_inline_ol4nwhvSwg1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class=border] position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 630px; background: #daedf1; margin: 0 auto; border: 1px solid #ccc; [/class] [class=name] position: relative; top: 20px; line-height: 80%; margin: 0 auto; text-align: center; font: 25px Homemade Apple; color: #333; text-transform: ; [/class] [class=role] display: inline-block; position: relative; top: 22px; left: 50%; transform: translateX(-50%); line-height: 80%; margin: 0 auto; text-align: center; font: 11px Open Sans; font-weight: 600; background: var(--accent-1); padding: 5px; color: #fff; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class=image] position: absolute; top: 100px; left: 0; height: 150px; width: 450px; background: var(--image); -webkit-clip-path: polygon(100% 0, 100% 100%, 0% 100%, 0 0, 50% 15%); clip-path: polygon(100% 0, 100% 100%, 0% 100%, 0 0, 50% 15%); [/class] [class=info] position: absolute; bottom: 0; left: 0; height: 30px; width: 440px; padding: 0px 5px; font: 12px Open Sans; font-weight: 600; background: var(--accent-1); color: #fff; text-transform: ; line-height: 28px; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=text] display: inline-block; padding-left: calc(100% + 5px); animation: {post_id}marquee var(--time) linear infinite; [/class] [class=textbox] position: absolute; left: 0; top: 250px; width: 433px; height: 316px; overflow-x: hidden; font: 12px Open Sans; font-weight: 600; white-space: pre-line; line-height: 125%; padding: 17px 0px 17px 17px; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 17px; text-align: justify; color: #333; [/class] [animation=marquee] [keyframe=0] transform: translate(0, 0); [/keyframe] [keyframe=100] transform: translate(-100%, 0); [/keyframe] [/animation]

Last edited:
[class=pic] position: relative; width: 97%; height: 380px; color: #fff; background: url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/46/4f/42/464f429ab3dee3b667513a95f67c419f.jpg'); background-size: 100%; text-align: left; [/class] [class=name] position: relative; width: auto; height: 1.5em; padding-left: 1em; font-size: 1.5em; color: #dec7ba; text-transform: lowercase; text-align: left; padding-top: 14em; font-weight: 700; text-shadow: 3px 3px 0px #08434f; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class=stats] position: relative; color: #b0463e; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; text-align: center; overflow: visible; white-space: pre-wrap; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; height: auto; color: #dec7ba; overflow: visible; padding: 15px 5px 15px 5px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; text-align: justify; white-space: pre-wrap; display: inline; [/class] [class=content] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 19.6em; height: 25em; color: #fff; padding-right: 2em; [/class] [class=container] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 18em; height: 25em; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: 12px; background-color: #0a0606; padding: 1em; box-shadow: 10px 10px 0px #08434f; [/class] [class=dia] display: inline; color: #b0463e; font-weight: 700; [/class] [class=th] display: inline; color: #b0463e; font-weight: 700; font-style: italic; [/class] [class=odia] display: inline-block; color: #2c8799; font-weight: 700; font-style: italic; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 7px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.2; [/class] [div class=container] [div class=content] [div class=pic] [div class=name]↓ skua.[/div] [/div] [div class=stats] mood: exhausted, somewhat optimistic location: leigh's office tags: Ayama Ayama mentions: leigh[/div] [div class=text]
If there was one thing Rome was most definitely looking forward to all year, it was the day that dozens of fresh-faced recruits from around the world swarmed into the cozy den he'd called home for the past five years, each of them freshly initiated and more than willing to flip the guild on its head with their inability to control the powers they'd been so readily gifted with. Nothing truly got the mage going more than being ordered to clean up some poor kid's bloodstain off the walls after an attempt at magical play-fighting gone horribly wrong. Ha. Fat chance. Rome groaned as he lifted his head from the desk he'd fallen asleep on, rubbing his temples in an effort to alleviate some of the tension built up over the last couple of days. He'd been up to his neck in documentation and figuring out a proper syllabus for the new recruits had been torturous, to say the least. When Sloane had informed him that he'd be taking on two apprentices this year rather than one, he'd had to suppress a wince at the thought. Neither of them had abilities in the same category as his own, which meant he'd be guiding them purely on theory and practical wisdom. The next few months would be a learning process for all of them. [div class=th]'Well, it can't be helped,'
he thought belatedly, refusing to admit that despite how overworked he was, the thought of mentoring the two young mages seemed like a healthy challenge for his tired joints. [div class=th]'At least it'll be a change of pace.'[/div] A tiny smile pulled at Rome's lips as he thought about how the other members had been dealing with the changes. Some of them were definitely more accommodating than others, but none of them held ill-will in their hearts, and he didn't doubt that even the most sour of their ranks would find a way to efficiently balance the new recruits with their guild duties. Deciding to check in and see for himself, the blood mage rose from his office chair and brewed two cups of coffee before exiting his office space and locking the computer behind him. Leigh's office wasn't too far from his own, and by the way the main door hung helplessly on its hinges, it looked like the mage had just gotten back in. [div class=odia]"It's today? Damn it."[/div] The exclamation down the aisle nearly made him snort, but he luckily held it in. Rome knocked twice on the bookcase beside the office and leaned against the frame as he took in the sight before him. Leigh looked to be in exactly the mood he thought he'd be in, right down to the bitter scowl on his face. The picture brought the tiniest of smirks to his own lips, knowing he wasn't suffering alone. [div class=dia]"Damn right, it's today,"[/div] Rome teased, though the bags under his own eyes showed he meant no malice. Without waiting for permission, the blood mage approached his desk and placed one of the coffee mugs down. [div class=dia]"It's medium roast."[/div] He paused, raking his eyes over Leigh's state. [div class=dia]"You look like shit, mate. Things go south with that chase last night?"[/div][/div][/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=credit]code by sox sox [/div]

Last edited:
MILO SANTANIELLO
Codename 'Crow'

Milo Santaniello was thoroughly enjoying himself. He stood with the other Magisters, a little ways behind Sloane, enjoying the warm sunlight and the hustle and bustle of the crowd of journalists, clicking away with their cameras or recorders, the scratching of their pencils on paper as they took notes, their whisperings and mutterings. There was also the crowd of new Apprentices, considerably smaller, but large enough to bode well for the Aviary- they had been in serious need of new recruits.

Sloane made an elegant, impressive figure as always, and she seemed just as excited as he was. Turning back to the small group, she said

“This is lovely. Isn’t it, dears? All these fresh faces, so excited to learn. Hopefully, their mentors are able to keep up with ‘em.” Nasir chuckled, and Sloane smirked. The two had a back and forth conversation about the current members of the group, and the ambition some of them had to become Magisters themselves one day.

At the bit about the paperwork, Milo cackled as well. Most of them couldn't keep up with what they had now, let alone a Magister's load. He and Nasir agreed on this- as they did on most anything. The two got along well.

At that point, Sloane clapped her hands and announced that it was time to get the show on the road. Milo grinned as she walked forward and made the announcement, impressed as he always was at her grace, poise and enthusiasm in such circumstances. She invited the journalists to ask questions, and Milo knew that would no doubt take a while. He sighed, preparing himself to wait. Luckily, at that point, she drew Nasir in close and asked him to go check on their members while this was going on.

The senior Magister was quick to acquiesce, and the four of them discreetly left the stage, Alastair suggesting that they split up to cover more ground. Milo nodded at that, and ran ahead to reach the elevator before the others. The youngest of the Magisters had an exuberant, childlike personality at times, and he reached the office floor before they did.

Practically skipping down the hall, he headed first for the medical office, where he was unsurprised to find Odelia leaning against Jayson's shoulder and generally making a nuisance of herself, as she usually did when bored.

Grinning wide, he crossed his arms and leaned casually against the doorframe.

"Well, you two are hard at work I see," he teased, his glasses flashing in reflected sunlight. "Good to know we can count on you in this important time!"
coded by Bvmble

jecAZdW.png

Location: Lobby | Interacting with: Open | Tags: eyyliner eyyliner
Aria blew the hair out of her face, slumped down in her chair and her arms crossed. She didn't want to be here, clearly. Secretly she was hoping they'd reject her application so she could get on with her life, but no. Here the delinquent was, essentially joining a police force. The court required at least five years, and believe her when she said that's the most she was going to do. Another huffing sigh once again blew the bangs out of her face. Should really get those cut a some point.

When the important lady she didn't remember the name of stepped off the stage to give a grand tour or whatever, Aria kicked up from her chair, arms still crossed, and followed in the back of the group, taking her time to size up the other apprentices here. Who could she make into an ally? Who was going to cause her trouble? Most importantly, who was gonna see through her lies?

Nighthawk Bookmark 3.jpgNighthawk

"Man this place is huge..." Was the first thought that crawled through his mind as he entered the Aviary and pulled his chunky headphones down around his neck. The music thumped softly out around his chin as he was lost for words. Now he stood with a few others with the press not too far behind him. Eyes up high, his gaze held by the sight of this glass cage that held all of these birds.

Was this a cage? Was this his cage? The thought was fleeting but it was enough to shake him from his state of awe and he now saw a woman speaking. How long had she been talking? Her lovelies? He had missed something but it should be fine. If he sticks with the group there shouldn't be any issues. Keiran was tempted to put his headphones back on instead he put his hand into his jacket pocket and turned up the volume. Not enough that it would disturb the proceedings but enough to just barely hear the lyrics.

Attention lost, Keiran slowly nodded to his music and looked around some more. This place could do with some exploring but he would have to wait until after he met his mentor. For now, oh we're moving. Yeah, we can start with the ground floor. Keiran pulled a little notepad and pencil out and started to take notes. Not of what was being said but of places of interest that would have to be checked out later.

His hands wanted to start sketching but it would have to wait for later. He wondered how much of the building would be covered before he got to meet his "Mentor".

SHUN AMANO
Codename 'Fisher'

Shun was beginning to feel extremely nervous. It was one thing to be accepted as an Apprentice at the Aviary; it was quite another to be standing in its towering headquarters, in the middle of a grand welcoming ceremony covered by the press. She'd gotten somewhat used to such things when she was on the varsity track team in high school, but she'd never been in the pubic eye for her magic before, and it was making her decidedly anxious and uncomfortable.

She tried, as always, to look inconspicuous, hiding her face in the recesses of her eternal hoodie. Except that, like always, she towered above most of the girls in the group and so visibly stuck out. When the legendary Sloane Hall stepped forward and welcome them all, she felt her heart thumping in her chest- this was really happening! She stood there in awkward anticipation as the head of the Aviary answered question after question from the crowd of journalists. Finally, she thanked and dismissed them, and then beckoned all the new Apprentices forward.

Shun moved with the group, in awe over the grandeur and sheer size of the Aviary headquarters- it was still hard for her to believe that, from now on, she'd be living and learning and working here.
coded by Bvmble

Orlena
Orlena didn't know what she was expecting when she walked through the doors of the Aviary, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, ready for the rest of her life. She didn't have any college prospects like some of the accepted applicants, in fact, she never really had many plans at all. Everything had always been at her own will, whatever she felt like whenever she felt like it. A structured lifestyle wasn't something she was used to, but she was excited to try it out. The incredibly tall blonde stood with the rest of the applicants, her platinum hair tied back in a simple braid, wearing a pretty baby blue dress and some matching flats. Pearls were adorned around her neck, and she smiled for the cameras when they would sometimes zoom in on her or the others around her, not wanting to look like she wasn't enjoying herself. Because she was. Then, they began moving, assuming they were starting the tour. Orlena walked next to another tall girl who seemed to be hiding in her hoodie. She could tell that the other one was nervous, and she bit her cheek and tried to think of something comforting. "It's okay, this is new for me too. I'm Orlena." She introduced and offered out her large, soft hand.

Mood: Excited

Tags: Ayama Ayama
1582824088548-png.685041
code by apolla apolla

[ Victoria LeMay || White-Tail || Newer Member ]
4d34b32b19d0665a2e36bab88afee230.jpg
Having known for a while now that the new apprentices were coming in today, Victoria had woken up earlier than normal to get dressed a bit nicer and even picked up some pastries from the local bakery. As much as she would've liked to make them herself, heavens knows this girl cannot cook. It almost seems as though every time she attempts to make something, it was doomed to turn into a burnt and unappetizing mess. So instead, she slipped into the office building, one arm occupied with three coffee trays stacked on top of each other and the other arm balancing another set of three boxes of assorted bagels and baked goods.

Stepping onto the elevator, her stout figure being overshadowed by boxes stacked taller then the size of the young girl, she received unnoticed concerning looks from people within the traveling box. *Ding* The doors opened and out came a pair of feet shuffling off the platform, confident yet careful tip taps walking down the row of cubicles before coming to a stop in front of two men conversing with each other in an office room. Using her foot to lightly tap the door, her way of knocking since her hands were occupied, she slowly placed herself in the doorframe. Although everything besides her legs were hidden by the coffee and pastries, it was more or less easy to determine who the mystery person was.

Having interrupted their conversation, she felt awkward continuing with her train of thought but also thought that it would be even stranger to simply walk out of the room, causing there to be a bit of a pause as she stood silently with arms full and contemplating. "Uh.. Hi, hello"A small voice started with much hesitation, "I brought coffee and breakfast for everyone.. today if thats ok.. I'm sorry for having interrupted the conversation.."Victoria spoke coyly, having always been one to remain mousy in most situations as she did her best to extend her arms out so they'd be able to take some of the weight off her arms if they decided to take something.

Although she'd made the Aviary her home these past few years that she's been there, it was always a mission for her to talk to people and break out of her shell. To her, despite her calm demeanor, she was doing her best to seem more outspoken and be more confident in herself, truly. Not what she normally fakes which often comes out cocky from her past experiance. Rome was someone she hadn't known the longest but she always felt like he'd help her in a pinch if needed, he was a really good friend whom she'd trusted quite a bit and felt most comfortable to be around. Their friendship started off shaky but he's become someone she feels very at ease to be around. On the other hand, Leigh was someone Victoria used to go out of her way to avoid since she was intimidated by him and how outwardly blunt he could be. Despite some harsh things he's said to her in the past that hurt her feelings, she's come to also see the sweet side of him who truly does care about his guild members. Although she trusts Leigh, she's often scared to make him mad and won't go out of her way to talk to him one on one.

Mentioned - Ayama Ayama sox sox

[div style="width:100%;max-width:600px;margin:auto;"] [div style="width:100px;height:100px;border-right:0.1px solid #906e85;border-top:0.1px solid #906e85;float:right"][/div] [div style="padding:25px;"][div style="display:flex"][div style="min-width:100px;height:100px;background:url(https://i.ibb.co/ctP1Mw4/unknown-5.png);border-radius:100%;margin:20px"][/div][div style="color:#906e85;font-size:40px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:100px;margin:20px auto;font-weight:light;width:fit-content"]Piper Nico[/div][/div] [div style="padding:25px 50px;font-size:14px;text-align:justify;"] Nico slowed as he entered the headquarters of the guild, slightly out of breath, with his hastily-acquired breakfast clutched tightly in both hands. He took a tentative sip of his coffee, only to grimace as he discovered it was already room-temperature, the unfortunate causality of Nico's hurried departure from home. He drained the rest of the now-cold drink in one gulp before unceremoniously depositing the cup in a convenient trashcan. Fishing out a disappointingly small jam donut from a brown paper bag, Nico gave a valiant attempt at devouring the entire thing in one bite before giving up, finishing the remainder of his breakfast at a more sedate pace.

A glance into the office rooms told him that he was not the first to arrive, and as far as Nico was concerned it was equivalent to being late. He'd planned to arrive earlier today to prepare for the new arrivals, and all those painstakingly meticulous plans now had to be thrown out the window.

His own fault, for letting his alarm die during the night. Typically, Nico was in the habit of waking before his alarm sounded, but he'd worked well into the small hours of the morning instead of sleeping at a sensible time of the night.

It had seemed like an excellent idea on paper, exercising prudence and making sure he was ahead in paperwork. It'd been a while since he'd needed to work overtime to ensure his paperwork was up to date, but anticipating his spare time trickling away with the arrival of the newly inducted apprentices, he'd taken some non-essential work home with him, which he'd safely ensconced within a briefcase he'd thankfully remembered to bring with him, although it'd made eating breakfast on the fly difficult, with only two hands.

Thus, Nico had unintentionally worked into the night, not by any means an uncommon occurrence, almost falling asleep at his desk before collapsing into bed at three the morning. Personally, Nico believed that it had paid off in the end. Staying ahead of his duties was a challenge he thoroughly enjoyed, and four hours of fitful sleep was better than none.

Nevertheless, it was times like this that he was glad he lived closed to his workplace. It would have been mortifying to be late, on today of all days.

"Everyone's already here?" He greeted with his customary cheer as his steps took him closer closer to the trio, pausing outside his fellow senior member's room, intending to delay a little to catch up with his colleagues. "Seems like I'm late today." He gave a worried chuckle, unconsciously glancing at his wristwatch to check once again that, yes, he wasn't unforgivably tardy. "Want a—" He glanced into the brown paper bag he was still holding, apparently surprised to find it empty. "bag that used to contain donuts?" He tried, sighing as he crumpled the empty bag, to throw in the trash later. "Want some help with those boxes, Vic?" [/div] [div style="width:fit-content;margin:auto;font-size:12px;"]mood: cautiously optimistic
mentions: Ayama Ayama rivers and oceans rivers and oceans sox sox [/div][/div] [div style="width:100px;height:100px;border-left:0.1px solid #906e85;border-bottom:0.1px solid #906e85;float:left;margin-top:-50px"][/div][/div]

LEIGH DARRINGTON
Codename 'Harrier'

When Leigh heard the double knock, he groaned again, like a grumpy teenager his parent was attempting to wake up.

"Go away," he grumbled.

"Damn right, it's today," Rome's familiar voice came in response, his tone teasing and amused. Leigh let his chair drop back down and opened his eyes to see his friend leaning casually against the doorframe, the usual smirk on his face. He walked up and placed a cup of coffee on his desk, and Leigh inhaled the aroma of the heavenly brew gratefully. Very few people here knew how to make a coffee strong or black enough for his tastes- Rome was one of the few who did.

"It's medium roast," he declared.

"Thanks," Leigh replied as he picked up the cup and took a sip.

"You look like shit, mate," Rome observed. "Things go south with that chase last night?" Leigh groaned again.

"Don't ask. Of all the days to be welcoming the newbies..." he complained, irritated as hell. At that point, there was another knock as a familiar pair of legs appeared in the doorway. The voice accompanying the knock was familiar as well, annoying Leigh as usual with its politeness and hesitation.

"Uh.. Hi, hello," Victoria said, "I brought coffee and breakfast for everyone.. today if thats ok.. I'm sorry for having interrupted the conversation.." Leigh rolled his eyes- the younger woman's hesitant manner had always gotten on his nerves. He rose from his chair and unceremoniously swiped a pastry from the tray, stuffing it into his mouth whole- he wasn't exactly one to stand on ceremony or be delicate about things. His muffled thanks were lost in the chewing.

Almost immediately afterwards, Nico showed up as well. What is this- 'everybody come and bother Leigh' morning? he lamented. Even though he generally got along well with Rome and Nico (and Victoria had brought pastries), Leigh wasn't exactly a people person at the best of times, and following a frustrating and sleepless night made him even less likely to want to put up with being around people than usual.

"Everyone's already here?" Nico greeted them with far too much cheer and enthusiasm for Leigh's liking. He offered to help Victoria with her boxes, and Leigh returned to nursing his cup of coffee, staring darkly into its depths.

They had better not stick me with a pain in the ass this time, he thought irately. His idea of a good student was one who was smart enough to figure things out on their own, and bothered him as little as possible.
coded by Bvmble

Ryan
(Moon-eye)
Interacting with: Nobody; Location: Lobby

When Ryan saw the large glass building for the first time, he was surprised. This was supposed to be, in essence, a magical police force. He had been expecting a more... Fortress-like appearance. Now that he was inside though, he decided to keep his mouth shut- not that he was planning to complain anyways. The open feeling of the glass walls were nice- When he sat, he straightened himself, then his shirt. He noticed his hands were shaking slightly, and frowned. Taking a deep breath, he tried to ignore the nervousness and stare forwards.

A woman stepped up, and began speaking. She was Sloane Hall, he noticed. He had investigated a bit about the Aviary before joining, but he hadn't been able to find much more than the name of the current leader and founder. He didn't expect to, either. It would be surprising if such an organization kept their important information online, for everyone to see.

He payed attention as she spoke, sitting even straighter when she signalled at them, and then came the many questions of the journalists. Soon, he found his gaze wandering over to examine the other people sitting with him. After that, Hall asked him and the others to follow her, and he complied, rising from his seat.

What awaited him within the Aviary, he didn't knew. He felt someone's gaze over him but decided to ignore it for now. He saw one of the applicants take out a notebook and wished he had one with him too. He began to pay attention again and try to memorize the building's layout.

[class=pic] position: relative; width: 97%; height: 380px; color: #fff; background: url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/46/4f/42/464f429ab3dee3b667513a95f67c419f.jpg'); background-size: 100%; text-align: left; [/class] [class=name] position: relative; width: auto; height: 1.5em; padding-left: 1em; font-size: 1.5em; color: #dec7ba; text-transform: lowercase; text-align: left; padding-top: 14em; font-weight: 700; text-shadow: 3px 3px 0px #08434f; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class=stats] position: relative; color: #b0463e; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; text-align: center; overflow: visible; white-space: pre-wrap; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; height: auto; color: #dec7ba; overflow: visible; padding: 15px 5px 15px 5px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; text-align: justify; white-space: pre-wrap; display: inline; [/class] [class=content] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 19.6em; height: 25em; color: #fff; padding-right: 2em; [/class] [class=container] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 18em; height: 25em; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: 12px; background-color: #0a0606; padding: 1em; box-shadow: 10px 10px 0px #08434f; [/class] [class=dia] display: inline; color: #b0463e; font-weight: 700; [/class] [class=th] display: inline; color: #b0463e; font-weight: 700; font-style: italic; [/class] [class=odia] display: inline-block; color: #2c8799; font-weight: 700; font-style: italic; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 7px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.2; [/class] [div class=container] [div class=content] [div class=pic] [div class=name]↓ skua.[/div] [/div] [div class=stats] mood: exhausted, somewhat optimistic location: open offices tags: Ayama Ayama rivers and oceans rivers and oceans koschei. koschei. mentions: leigh, victoria, nico[/div] [div class=text]
Rome blinked lazily at the sudden group of mages appearing in the open offices, well-accustomed to the guild members' tendencies to show up seemingly out of nowhere. With a group of practicing magic-users, he knew better than to expect routine in his day-to-day life, especially knowing this particular bunch [div class=dia]"Morning,"
he greeted with a two-finger wave, taking another sip of his coffee before pausing at the sight of breakfast. He hadn't eaten in quite a while, and the scent of bagels and muffins hit his nose all too enticingly. [div class=dia]"Wow, you're a lifesaver,"[/div] he chirped to Victoria, offering her a wide grin while scooping up a chocolate muffin. [div class=dia]"Thanks, love."[/div] Nico's familiar voice rang through the open offices, and a quick glance at Leigh's displeased expression towards the disruption brought the smirk back to Rome's face. [div class=dia]"And that's my cue to get back to work,"[/div] he murmured, more than willing to let Leigh deal with the small talk for the morning. The blood mage took another long swig of his coffee before heading back to his desk, poking around through the papers he'd written up as a syllabus for his apprentices. Both of them had vastly different powers from his own, but he supposed the mentor relationship was meant to work both ways in this regard. With a deep sigh, Rome plopped down in his chair and watched the others juggling their own assortment of coffee and boxes, not particularly caring to get involved when the only sleep he'd gotten had been a fitful night slumped over his desk.[/div][/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=credit]code by sox sox [/div]

Paradise​

Location: Aviary Tour ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Mood: Awestruck ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Interactions: N/A​

Shit. Late late late late!

Campbell cursed under her breath as she weaved between people on the street, pushing against foot traffic to get to the building. She was supposed to come with Dawn to their orientation at The Aviary, but had been asked to pick up a shift that morning. A girl needed money to live, so she really didn't have a choice. As a result she had been up since 5 that morning and was currently rushing through to the massive glass structure after missing her bus from across town, not even having had time to change out of her uniform.

The media presence at the entrance as she approached didn't make it much easier for her, but after some pushing and squeezing she finally found the small group of who she assumed to be other applicants. Of course the were sitting in the very front row. Her cheeks turned dark as she sidled through the rows packed with people to an empty seat and planted herself in it. Just in time, too.

“Let’s begin with the ground floor. Might as well get you completely familiar with the layout and everything before we get up to the faculty floors.”

She pushed a few stray locks behind her ear and slipped into line behind the people who had begun to filter through the halls. Her eyes were wide the entire time - it was the most beautiful building she had ever seen, inside and out. It didn't really hit her that she was really doing this until now. Her heart throbbed. This was it. Her gateway to a new life.

When she finally managed to pull her eyes away from the copious amounts of glass construction, she started to look over the others in the small group. There were definitely some interesting characters among them. Hopefully, getting along wouldn't be too much of an issue. She was undoubtedly one of the older applicants - she could tell by looking - though she looked younger than her age anyway. Hopefully they didn't expect more from her because of that. While she knew how to use her powers for the most part, her lifestyle didn't typically lend her lots of practice time. She had stayed up the night before practicing novel illusions in her small apartment and trying to soothe her nerves. For someone who never really had any goals before, this was a big step. She needed this.

Her gaze lingered on the others, noticing that some already seemed to be making acquaintances, or seemed perfectly settled in to what was going on already. Her stomach twisted. It was fine - she wasn't here to make friends. She was here to make something of herself. Bell fixed her bag over her shoulder and tucked her hands into the pockets of her uniform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back