• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝓋𝒾𝒶𝓇𝓎 → accepting!

eyyliner

ミ✭
[class=bkgd] --light-color: #B7D69E; --accent-color: #882825; --dark-color: #0A1008; position: relative; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 340px; height: 250px; background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d3/ec/fc/d3ecfc33aa879a5264cf36f7df1c9945.jpg); filter: grayscale(0%); background-size: 110%; border: 8px solid var(--light-color); cursor: url('https://i.imgur.com/FMvuswx.png'), auto; box-shadow: 5px 5px 0px var(--accent-color); [/class] [class=title] position: absolute; text-align: center; top: 35%; width: 100%; height: auto; font-size: 35px; color: var(--light-color); text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 3px 3px 0px var(--accent-color); font-weight: 700; [/class] [class=titleback] position: absolute; top: 37%; width: 100%; height: 20%; background-color: var(--dark-color); opacity: 1; border-top: 2px solid var(--light-color); border-bottom: 2px solid var(--light-color); [/class] [class=header] position: absolute; text-align: left; top: 3%; left: 5%; width: 100%; height: auto; font-size: 20px; color: var(--light-color); text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px var(--accent-color); font-style: italic; font-weight: 700; [/class] [class=textcontainer] position: absolute; top: 10%; width: 100%; height: 65%; background-color: var(--dark-color); opacity: 1; padding-top: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; width: 84%; height: 90%; overflow: auto; color: #fff; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 30px; padding-right: 60px; [/class] [class=tab] position: absolute; width: 15px; height: 8.5px; background-color: var(--light-color); top: 90%; border-radius: 10%; transition-duration: 0.3s; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] background-color: var(--accent-color); transition-duration: 0.3s; [/class] [class=tabback] position: absolute; top: 87%; width: 100%; height: 8.5%; background-color: var(--dark-color); opacity: 1; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.2; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (fadeIn 300 tabsContent1) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (fadeIn 300 tabsContent2) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (fadeIn 300 tabsContent3) if (eq ${currentTab} 4) (fadeIn 300 tabsContent4) if (eq ${currentTab} 5) (fadeIn 300 tabsContent5) [/script] [div class=bkgd] [div class="titleback tabsContent tabsContent1"][/div] [div class="title tabsContent tabsContent1"]the aviary.[/div] [div class=tabback][/div] [div class=tab style="left: 130px;"]
[/div] [div class=tab style="left: 150px;"]
[/div] [div class=tab style="left: 170px;"]
[/div] [div class=tab style="left: 190px;"]
[/div] [div class=tab style="left: 210px;"]
[/div] [div class="textcontainer tabsContent tabsContent2" style="display: none;"][div class=text] Within a major city in America, there resides a guild. The guild isn't very popular or well-known, but there's a charm to it that intrigues patrons and potential members alike. It is known as the Aviary. The Aviary consists of a small group of magical users who are tasked with keeping the peace for their part of the city. The headquarters are near the center of the town. The two-story building is hard to miss with its gold steel walls and wide windows that show glimpses of what is kept inside.

Within the last two weeks, flyers have been posted in nearly every coffee shop, grocery store or office. In big gold and silver letters across the top, the flyer reads, 'The Aviary is searching for new members! Apply now!'

Your character(s) are meant to be the new hopefuls looking to join the Aviary. (There will also be other roles if you are more interested in that!) The roleplay will be opening with auditions and focusing on assigning your characters their code names, their roles and incorporating them into the world itself.
[/div][/div] [div class="textcontainer tabsContent tabsContent3" style="display: none;"][div class=text]
  • magisters
    • magisters are the owners/elite members of the guild. they rarely are the ones sent on missions and assign the other members their tasks.

• older members
    • older members are just the members who have been at the Aviary longer than the other members. Due to their proven success over the years, they tend to be assigned the harder missions.

• newer members
    • newer members are members who haven't worked at the guild for long. They can still be assigned difficult missions but it varies depending on their abilities.

• apprentices
    • apprentices are the newest members. they are the ones assigned to older members and act as students as they adjust to the lifestyle of the guild.
[/div][/div] [div class="textcontainer tabsContent tabsContent4" style="display: none;"][div class=text]The Aviary is an urban fantasy roleplay that is dedicated to incorporating magical, fantasy and modern elements into its storyline. Each team member, or each original character, is assigned a name that acts as their placeholder upon establishing their membership. The Aviary functions as a guild that assigns different tasks, missions and roles to their members. There is no formal hierarchy—every member is able to be assigned to a mission, depending on their skill sets and/or abilities.

Since this is in a modern setting, the lore of the world is the same as our own. Magic is common and widely-accepted. Although it can be abused, it is often used to make menial tasks easier. Almost everyone has a sort of magic ability. However, those who accelerate with their powers often join guilds. Guilds tend to act as a 'magical police force'. It helps keep the status quo—anyone who is abusing their abilities can be apprehended and charged (depending on the severity of their crimes.) The laws are similar to modern laws—don't murder, don't steal, don't take someone's identity, etc.

As for your character(s), their magic should resemble their code names. Do your research—think of what makes each species of bird unique and incorporate that bird's traits within your character! Also try to remember that the power limit should be between one or two abilities. Upon sending your character sheet to the DM (me), I'll review the magic abilities and assist you with any questions, concerns, etc. you may have about the thread.

The beginning of the roleplay shall feature an introductory period for new members. The older members shall be assigned these new members as 'apprentices'. The pairings shall be based on your character's personality and their magical abilities but if you are interested in being paired with a specific person, message the other roleplayer for their permission before approaching me to alter the pairing system. For the roleplay itself, it is intended to feature two or three main arcs (depending on how long people are interested) within the roleplay along with various side quests that will be assigned on an unspecified later date.
[/div][/div] [div class="textcontainer tabsContent tabsContent5" style="display: none;"][div class=text] Ⅰ. don't ditch. i'm aware not everyone can reply every day, but if you can't post at least once a week or you tend to take long periods between posts, please don't apply!

Ⅱ. each player is allowed between 1 to 3 characters.

Ⅲ. remember to keep your writing precise and easy to read. you don't have to use any codes to make your writing fancy—just be a good writer, lol.

Ⅳ. don't be rude to other players. any issues in that regard need to be worked out either through me or amongst yourselves.

Ⅴ. romance should be kept at a PG rating. site rules in general should be followed!

Ⅵ. don't make your characters OP! let your characters have flaws and allow them to make mistakes. nothing in life is perfect and your character should be no exception.

Ⅶ. no godmodding other peoples' OCs.
[/div][/div] [div class="header tabsContent tabsContent2" style="display: none;"]plot.[/div] [div class="header tabsContent tabsContent3" style="display: none;"]roles.[/div] [div class="header tabsContent tabsContent4" style="display: none;"]concept.[/div] [div class="header tabsContent tabsContent5" style="display: none;"]rules.[/div] [/div] [div class=credit]code by sox sox [/div]

Last edited:
Love the concept- sooooo on board with this! >w<
So is it possible to have one older character and one younger?

Love the concept- sooooo on board with this! >w<
So is it possible to have one older character and one younger?
definitely! i'm not setting a character limit but i'd prefer each player to have between 1-3 characters each. But, to answer your question, that is definitely allowed!

definitely! i'm not setting a character limit but i'd prefer each player to have between 1-3 characters each. But, to answer your question, that is definitely allowed!
Awesome, I'm thinking Raven/Crow/Owl for the older one and Kingfisher for the newbie~ Will drawn FCs be acceptable? :3

I am interested :)

I am thinking of using the codenames Penguin or Hummingbird for my ideas, depending on which one I will start with (if I decide to go with more than one).

Are you going to post a CS for us to use, or do we send you a general one?

Is this still open? if so, can I be albatross?
yes, it is still open! you can definitely be an albatross, any type of bird is welcome. ^-^

super interested! i'm thinking an older member with the codename 'Skua' c:
sounds good!

Are you going to post a CS for us to use, or do we send you a general one?
i'll be posting the CS today along with a specific character sheet but if you wanna come up with the basics for now (name, age, abilities), you can!

yes, it is still open! you can definitely be an albatross, any type of bird is welcome. ^-^

sounds good!

i'll be posting the CS today along with a specific character sheet but if you wanna come up with the basics for now (name, age, abilities), you can!
thank you much! I'll wait for your CS! ^^

What's the level of fantasy in this world, by the way? Are there mythical creatures, magitech, that kinda thing, or is the only kind of magic present what comes from humans?
well, other than what magic abilities people possess, everything else is grounded in reality. magitech might make an appearance in the world, but it would be considered a new development and a very uncommon practice. if i do decide to incorporate it into the roleplay, i'll definitely add a section to the lore page! otherwise, plain ol' magical humans will have to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back