• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ✶ Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴏғ Wɪᴛᴄʜᴄʀᴀғᴛ ᴀɴᴅ Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅʀʏ ✶

Honeydukes Express - Compartment 1

anigif_sub-buzz-2387-1470081746-2.gif

You and your newfound friends continue to chat excitedly. Suddenly, you hear a great clattering outside in the corridor. A smiling, dimpled woman slides back the compartment door and reveals her trolley cart. Its many attractively packaged treats are neatly arranged for display, tempting your wallet. With the kind of warmth you'd expect, she asks, "Anything off the cart, dears?"

Feel free interact with and buy whatever you like/your character can afford from the Trolley Lady. To the right I've made a list of things the trolley lady might normally sell, for reference.
For purchase this year are the following items, for varying prices:
- Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans
- Cauldron Cakes
- Chocolate Frogs
- Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
- Jelly Slugs
- Liquorice wands
- Pumpkin Pasties

Interactions: Tyrus - The Silent Z The Silent Z Alice - amxlia amxlia Poppy & Patrick - inkling inkling

Last edited:
Zara Rajaratnam

tumblr_inline_o6zyzalxFr1s45cj2_100.gif
tumblr_inline_o6zyd4p5m21s45cj2_100.gif
tumblr_inline_o6zyz9DB481s45cj2_100.gif

"Okaaaay, dad," Zara groaned as her father, Mussam, gripped her in an overprotective hug.
"Did you remember all your books?" he asked, squeezing her harder.
"Yes, dad." She protested his hug by pushing against him.
"You're sure?" He held.
"Dad." She pushed more.
"You have very many, you maybe have forgotten o-"
"Daaaad!" Zara finally wiggled out of her father's grasp. "I'm a third year now, I am! You don't have to do this every time I leave."
"If you say," relented Mussam as he released his only child. "But-"
Zara let out a sight of frustration.
"Last one, anak. Are you very sure Danny's alright in there?" Mussam's eyes shifted to the glass sphere Zara held in her hands. It looked like a little bubble of small tropical plants and moss, with a bit of water at the bottom. "He can breathe, right?"

The small spotted litter frog known as Danny peeked out from behind some moss in his container and croaked loudly in response. "It's enchancted dad. Yes, he can breathe. I cast the spell myself."
"I know, anak. That's what worries me."
"Dad!"
"Okay, okay, yes."

Suddenly the sharp whistle of the Hogwarts express sounded, indicating the train's imminent departure. Zara's eyes widened. She swore to herself this would be the first year she'd be early to boarding the train. It now looked like she'd have to save that ambition for next year.

"Go on," Mussam nudged his daughter. "Before you have to spend the rest of the year with me."

With one final hug and affectionate kisses on the cheek, Zara dashed onto the train, trying to juggle her bag and Danny's orb. Part of the reason she wanted to arrive early was to get an optimal seat in one of the compartments. Unfortunately, Zara seemed to be perpetually late. This incident was no exception. Zara swore to work on her punctuality for the millionth time as she sidestepped all the students loitering in the train corridors. She'd gotten almost to the end of the train before finding one with a seat open.

There was a boy there, one Zara only faintly recognized. He looked a bit older than her and seemed to have kind eyes. At any rate, Zara was getting tired of carrying around Danny's habitat. She decided to try her luck. "Hello, ah, um. Is anyone sitting here? With you? Not that they wouldn't want to, of course. Just wondering. Can I- May I sit here?"

location: hogwarts express | mood: awkward, rushed | interactions: inkling inkling

Guinevere Holmes

tumblr_inline_oop8mwnlx21urfelz_250.gif

Gwen drew her hood over her head as she entered King's Cross. Another year, another bumpy train ride. A small part of her enjoyed the train ride, as it was drew her back to the times when magic was an exciting new world for her to explore. For Gwen, that nostalgia was deeply outweighed by the inconvenience of an hours long train ride. Why they couldn't just use portkeys, she would never understand.

As she pushed her cart of items through the hallways of the station, she recognized her fellow students with their families. Though she had family of her own, they were never there to see her off to Hogwarts and they never would be. Gwen had told them that they weren't supposed to see their children off at the station. She didn't want another reason for them to think their middle daughter and sister was a freak.

With ease, Gwen pushed her cart through the pillar and settled her things. She headed over to drop off her baggage and took a particularly long time settling the care of her new Cleansweep Six. It had taken her a long time to work up the funds for her own brand new broom, and she'd be damned if anything happened to it before the Quidditch season started.

The sharp whistle of the Express sounded off, indicating the train's imminent departure. Wisps of smoke wafted past Gwen as she hustled onto the train and hurried to find an empty compartment. The best she could do was one with her Hufflepuff nemesis sitting to one side of the compartment. "Warbeck," She greeted him with a smirk as she slid the compartment's door open fully. Sartorious and Gwen had been friendly competitors since their first match against each other. The pair were in the same year, played the same position for their respective houses, and shared more than a few classes. It was only natural that they developed a sociable working rivalry.

Her eyes scanned the compartment. "I can see no one's sitting here, then." Gwen threw her suitcase on the rack above the seats opposite Sartorious. "Got a new broom this year, you know," she warned him as she sat down across from him. The girl pulled down her hood, revealing her braids pulled back into a larger braid on the back of her head. "Mark my words, Hufflepuff is toast."

location: one of the compartments on the hogwarts express | mood: friendly banter | interactions: The Silent Z The Silent Z
IMG_0265.GIF
Sartorious Warbeck
The day was going kinda slowly and growing dull in truth. So far his luck of finding a empty compartment was working against him, Sartorious figured he could catch this chance and wait for some pals to join him. But so far it was the young Warbeck alone and catching a little downtime with some chill-laxing.

Whilst laying there with his head propped up using his arm, Sartorious took a gander about the room and then out toward the window view when he noticed a familiar voice enter the compartment. "Holmes..." Sartorious spoke with a slight grin and sat up from his relaxed, comfortable state. It was common for Gwen and Sartorious to have some friendly banter when they saw each other. They both came to Hogwarts in the same year, joined each other's house Quidditch team when they had the opportunity afforded to them and played the same position. Natural, friendly, rivals..... A perfect sporting recipe for tradition, no?

"Nope, just me and this space. Good to see your back in the game." He spoke giving a nice comment and honest one. With the amount of shared classes and Quidditch rivalry, the year just wouldn't be the same without Gwen around to rival with during the school year and Quidditch season of course. A new broom? The Hufflepuff couldn't help but grin at that comment. While hearing her warn him about Hufflepuff being toast this year.

Awww and so it began..... "Oh? A new broom huh? That's too bad. Must of cost you, right? But don't count yourself amongst the winners circle yet." Sartorious leaned back in his seat and looked toward Gwen as her hood revealed her braids pulled back. "While you were busy getting your new broom. I was trusting my old reliable and thinking up new tactics, put in some practice too when I had the spare time. If Evan agrees, you might just see some new wave offense I've been cooking up. Mark my words Holmes.... We Hufflepuffs will be the talk of the season." Sartorious spoke warning in turn. Revealing this years team might just be tougher then ever and Gwens new broom just might not be enough. Plus In the spirit of competition it was fun to renew the old rivalry between them and their houses.

Interactions: Guinevere avira avira
Locations: Compartment aboard Hogwarts express
Mood: Friendly Banter
Mentions: Evan amxlia amxlia

╔ ΞBΞNΞZΞR ASH ╗

Pleasantly surprised to see both girls sign back, Ebenezer had to laugh quietly to himself. Evan seemed to have a more confident personality but wasn't confident in her signing, and on the other hand, Siara had a more timid personality despite that her signing was more confident than he would expect. Wow, these students were smart!

But not wanting to look so gaga and admiring, Ben shifted attention on the Slytherin guy, who was quiet. He didn't want to bother, so he continued the conversation with the girls. Nice to meet you too! He signed back, knowing both should receive him well. Siara looked as young as he was, certainly a first year. Evan looked an older student, wiser and more sophisticated regarding to Hogwarts and this train. Even though his father Randolph had told him stories, they were just stories. Now here he was, on his first day.

He wasn't about to squander it. Got any advice for us first years?

code by cychotic

cee03c86583a06493d6ad3bbdbe20dc8.jpg

Mood: Communicative.
Interactions: amxlia amxlia
Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno @Aero ★

"Probably. If anything, I tend to meet a lot of people that irritate me. Or people that get irritated by me." Joey said, looking out the window and leaning her elbow on the little ridge next to the window. Then she looking at Lucinda and said, "but I like you just fine. You seem nice." She gave a big smile and began digging through her bag, pulling out one of the many textbooks she had, "So, I guess I don't want to get put into Slytherin, eh? And I certainly aren't smart like a Ravenclaw..." She rubbed her chin in thought, "Which only leaves a place in Pufflehuff or... Gyffrindor... Average, or brave? I think I'd rather be brave." She looked at Lucinda, then flashed a goofy grin and continued with her questioning.

"So what kinds of classes am I going to get into here?" She held up a textbook, "Because I've got textbooks for 'herbology' and 'transfiguration' and 'Defense Against The Dark Arts'?" She held up the DADA textbook and gestured, "What kind of Dark Arts are they talking about? Are there like..." She leans forward and whispers, "Evil wizards?" Then she went off on another tangent, "Is there gonna be wizard math? Because if there is, I'm jumping out the window now, while we're not at full speed."

Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002

Lucinda had grabbed her sketch book out of her satchel making a few ruff sketches of the scenery as the train passed but she kept most of her attention on Johanna. Only occasionally dipping her head down to sketch, mostly sitting with her feat up resting her sketch book on her legs. It was so heart warming to hear Johanna say she liked her even blushing a bit and mouthing her a thank you. When Johanna raised the point about not wanting to be in Slytherin, Lucinda couldn't help but think about how the pure-bloods would take having a muggle-born in Slytherin giggling as images raced through her head. But it got her thinking which house she would end up in herself. In the end she found that she agreed with Johanna nodding when she said that being brave was better than being average. When she looked back up she couldn't help but laugh at Johanna's goofy grin.

Moving the conversation Johanna asked what the classes would be like and what they were about. It was a really interesting question as Lucinda wasn't to sure exactly what they would learn but, she had a ruff idea in mind twirling her hair with her pencil as she thought about it. However her blood practically turned to ice when Johanna mentioned evil wizards asking wether or not they existed. How was she supposed to tell her friend that indeed there were and the fact that her parents would have killed someone like her. It worried her so much she even missed what Johanna said next as she sat twirling her hair looking even paler than normal. Trying not to think about it she started with answering her question about classes, "Well uh... for classes it's mainly a um... case of learning magic to help you with everyday stuff. You get to learn about potions, how to um... turn things into other stuff. Lots of other things as well but I heard the teachers are great I mean they have to teach lots of muggle-borns like you. Oh... you probably don't know but muggle-born is a word used to describe people with non magical parents." Giving it a bit more thought Lucinda removed her wand from her boot deciding to show her friend some magic. In reality she was stalling so she didn't have to tell her about dark witches and wizards. Taking her wand in hand she held it up to her hair whispering a spell her hair suddenly had silver highlights running through it. "Wonderful isn't it?

Suddenly her face fell as she knowing what she had to tell Johanna, "There are bad witches and wizards. Not so long ago their was a war, it ended when I was three years old so I only know what I have been told and been able to read. Their was this wizard... he um... wanted to rid the world of muggle-borns and make a world were magic ruled. Don't worry though he died during the war along with my parents." Taking a long pause as she wasn't sure how Johanna was going to take this next part. Eventually deciding it was best to just say it as there was no good way to tell someone your parents were murdering psychos. "My parents were some of his followers and supporters. I hope you don't hate me and we can still be friends." Lucinda only managed to whisper her confession along with her hope that Johanna would still like her. Even hiding her face behind her sketch book as she nervously twirled her hair.

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

full
full
Patrick and Poppy McMills
Poppy clapped gleefully as the train took off, and Patrick's eyes widened with excitement. Poppy smiled as Tyrus returned her name compliment and seemed to consider her adventure solution. "It's all an adventure! Hogwarts will be the best one yet!" she trilled, bouncing in her seat as she looked to each of her companions.

Poppy and Patrick shared a glance as he questioned their father. Patrick seemed to have a more adequate answer and Poppy sat back to watch the scenery fly by. "No, he only attended Hogwarts, just not very long," Patrick said carefully, an eyebrow slightly raised, "We've never met them but, ah, da's family doesn't seem very nice. They didn't let him go back after his third year." Patrick looked to Poppy and she shrugged in reply. "He didn't tell us much else though."

"Da's not like them though, he's proud of us already," Poppy smiled brightly, then realized they hadn't really given their new friends a chance to speak of their own lives. "Did your parents go to wizard school? Are they excited for you?"

Poppy and Patrick's expressions mirrored one another's at Tyrus' mention of hidden rooms and places to explore. The siblings lived for undiscovered places, and Hogwarts was bound to be full of them. They weren't yet thinking about consequences--only the idea of new adventure. "And ghosts? Da mentioned ghosts?" Patrick asked with a mixture of curiosity, enthusiasm, and slight nervousness.

Having been so engrossed in the conversation, Poppy startled slightly at the appearance of the trolley woman. Both were tempted by the assortment of treats she offered, but looked to each other with dismay. Their parents had not been able to provide them with much extra money, and what they had was strictly for "emergencies".

"Er, no thanks," Patrick said sheepishly with a polite nod to the witch. Poppy was tracing the edge of the seat again, looking slightly more uncomfortable and less excited.

location: seated on the Express With: Alice and Tyrus The Silent Z The Silent Z amxlia amxlia

"..."

Joey stared for a while, taking in what Lucinda just said.
Wizard war.
Evil wizards killing people like her.
Her parents were some of his followers.

She blinked as she took it in and she looked at Lucinda with a fairly blank expression. It was easy to read her face- she was nervous, scared even. She couldn't help but to feel kind of bad for her. It was clear she felt guilty about it. Even if she had been only three at the time and completely unrelated. She blinked then after a brief period of thought she said with a big grin, "Well, you ain't tried to kill me yet, have you?"

She got up and sat beside Lucinda, "Look, I don't outright hate anyone as long as they don't give me a reason to. And you haven't. So don't worry about it." She patted her on the shoulder and gave another grin, "Kay?"

Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002

The Beid Siblings
Jack Beid | Kliff Beid | Clay Beid

"Come on guys! We're going to miss the train!" Jack said, running through the pillar.

"Doesn't he realize that he's way faster than us!" Clay said as she followed him through the pillar.

"I guess not." Kliff answered, running through himself.

The three Beid children were running late due to the hectic nature of their house. Everyone had something important to do today so everyone was running around trying not to run over their family members.

Fortunately, they arrived just on time, being one of the last groups to get on the train.

After having their luggage taken, Jack boarded the train with Kliff and Clay in tow, with Clay holding on firmly to the cage to her cat. Jack turned towards the two twins and smiled, "Okay! I'm going to leave you two alone to find some friends. I'll meet up with you guys after the train arrives at Hogwarts!"

Jack gave Kliff and Clay hugs before looking at Clay, "Make sure Kliff makes some friends, okay Clay"

Clay grinned and nodded excitedly, "No problem!"

Jack smiled and turned to Kliff, "Try to get over your introvertedness, okay?"

Kliff nodded, "I-I'll try!"

Jack nodded, "Okay! I'll see you guys later!"

With that Jack turned off and started heading down the aisle.

• Jack walked down the compartments looking for a place to sit when he came up to compartment 4. He looked inside and smiled as he opened the compartment door.

"Hello Sartorious and other friend! Is it all right if I sit here with you guys?"
    Jack asked. The only one Jack knew for sure was Sartorious due to the fact that they were on the same team. Jack saw Sartorious as a close friend, which is why he even made the decision to ask to sit in the compartment, besides the want to make new friends. He looked at the black haired girl and recognized her as a player for the Gryffindor Team.

code by cychotic

Disclaimer : I'm a bit braindead due to school so I may not be at my best when posting. Please forgive me >.<
Mentions
^.^ Click Name for Mentions ^.^

af6fd0dd9ea9973388c6029df6916437.jpg
Jack Beid

Mentions
The Silent Z The Silent Z - Sartorious
avira avira - Gwen
deer deer - Natalie

michelle-kane-photography-sheridan-wyoming-photographer-urban-teen-boy-4.jpg
Kliff Beid

Mentions

deer deer - Elodie
Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno - Susanna

16661510-a-beautiful-teenage-girl-with-long-curly-ginger-hair-and-green-eyes-hugging-herself-in-summer-park-outdoor-portrait-of-attractive-red-haired-young-woman-in-evening-at-sunset.jpg
Clay Beid

Mentions
deer deer - Elodie

Last edited:
Ripley Holton
Interaction: Johanna explosiveKitten explosiveKitten | Lucinda Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002

tumblr_mx52ijtVTL1qcqfmno2_250.gif
"Sorry!" Ripley called out as she almost bowled down another passerby, steering her luggage trolley through King's Cross Station with minimal accuracy. Her suit case, along with Bett[her Tawny Owl] sat neatly packed on the cart, but both wobbled as she hurried to straighten up. "Try to be careful." Ripley glanced at her grandfather. His tall figure kept easy pace with the erratic pushing skills of the young girl, and he made no eye contact as he spoke, his gaze firmly set ahead. "It's hard! It keeps going all over the place." she objected, fighting to pull the metal frame back on course once again, as if to prove her point. "It is just here. Stop."

Ripley tugged on the trolley, bringing it to a halt. In front of her sat a wall. It looked like any other. She knew better though. Glancing up, she caught her grandfather's eyes for a moment. "Is.." she began, "Yes. Now, go on, be quick about it, and don't stop." said her grandfather, his voice all business. His hand rested on Ripley's shoulder, just for a second, before pushing her lightly forward. The other gripped the handle of the luggage trolley, just in case she lost control going through.

Filled with a little more confidence, Ripley started to hurry forward, leaning into the handle to pick up some speed, her legs working hard to push the weight. Her grandfather took long, quick steps, following her as the two covered the space between themselves and the hidden entrance to Platform Nine and Three Quarters.

On the other side, Ripley felt a firm hand pull the luggage under control, her own hands letting go, forgetting her belongings, even her owl, as the Hogwarts Express was revealed. The crimson train brought a wide grin the her face, and she turned, beaming up to her granddad. "It's amazing! Just like Nan described it!" "Come. You will have to find a seat, or you will find yourself left in the corridors." Ripley frowned, "Really?" but her grandfather was already off, pushing her things through the busy platform, packed with parents and relatives bidding farewell to their sons and daughters. She followed after, though at a gentle pace, her mind bouncing from the details of the train, to the odd appearance of some of the students.

"Here. Quickly now."
Ripley hopped up onto he train, glancing back at her grandfather as he gestured for her to get on. "I'll see to it that all your things are stored safely." he continued, glancing at his pocket watch, making Ripley giggle. "I'll see you when we arrive. Take care. Go on, find a seat." And without any more, he turned, stalking away in the manner only he managed to enact. Ripley gave a little wave to his turned back before disappearing into the train.

She traveled along the tight corridors, peering into several compartments. Some were filled with older students, some with new, but they were all full. Perhaps her grandfather hadn't been joking about being in the hallway. He didn't joke much, so it seemed likely. Ripley continued searching, glancing through the windows till she find one with only a couple other girls in. She slid open the door.

"Do you mind? There aren't all that many seats left." she said, looking at the two of them. "I'm Ripley. You first years as well?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edward Holton
Interaction: None

tumblr_nmdrghwWzf1qahdmvo1_250.gif
Edward had ignored the slight laugh when he'd checked the time. He was painfully aware of the dated look it gave him, but he would be damned before he gave the pocket watch away. Ripley had disappeared into the train when he'd paused to turn, glancing back at the space she had been mere seconds ago. He remained still for a moment before continuing, pushing the luggage trolley along the platform. Once he had seen his granddaughters belongs safely moved off, he set to finding a compartment, a thick folder tucked under one arm, his coat under the other.

Seating arrangements weren't as hard for Edward as it was for the students. His deliberate step cut through the chaos of the passageway, finding him inside an empty compartment in relative speed. Quietly, he folded and tucked his coat above his seat, and set his folder beside him. He actually enjoyed the ride from Kings Cross to Hogwarts. A journey he once loathed became a highlight of each year. Cramped in a compartment with one too many of his friends, trading stories of the summer and plans for the future. Now days he liked such trips for the quiet they brought. The time to think.

Edward glanced up as the he felt the train start to pull away, several sheets of parchment neatly lined up, detailing some plans for the coming years classes. He permitted himself a small smile. The subtle rocking of the coaches and noise of the engine brought fond memories back.

da0ebf34721aa455b0237572989876f4.png

Brynn awed over Esther, putting her hands on her cheeks in delight.

"She's adorable!" Brynn cooed, finally softly placing her hand on Esther's head. "Hello Esther! It's very nice to meet you."

She had instantly fallen in love with the ball of fluff, and couldn't believe that something so adorable could exist. However, her intense love of Esther was put on hold when a girl appeared at the compartment door, holding out a turtle. In Brynn's personal opinion, a turtle was not as adorable or cute as a kitty, but she supposed that based on the factor of
cool-ness, a turtle probably ranked higher. In her personal opinion.

She looked down at Tirona, momentarily caught in a staring contest with the turtle (very cool), before turning her attention back to the girl. When Milena welcomed the girl in, Brynn smiled politely and adjusted her glasses to push them back up in place. She straightened her shoulders and said, "Hello there! I'm Brynn! It's nice to meet you!"

[Mentions: avira avira , spectro spectro ]

IMG_0252.PNG IMG_0251.GIF

"I'm betting your right, um, well, it's Hogwarts after all. I've heard some tales I think" Tyrus spoke replying to Poppy and her statement of adventure and Hogwarts. "Seems a little horrible to not allow a full study at Hogwarts. Plenty of fun and different sort of schooling. Better then most I'd suspect." Tyrus replied after Patrick and Poppy shared a glance then spoke of their father. It seemed like some odd thing to Tyrus that a family would prevent a finished seven years at Hogwarts after reaching three. What could be so bad as that?

"Well.... Not my place to speak I'd suppose. Just seems odd. You know? Hogwarts i hear is quite epic. Plenty of things to learn and do. Certainly a fun style of learning something, right?" Tj added before pausing to Poppy and Patrick's question. Asking himself and Alice about their own parents and of my they were Hogwarts students as well in their day. "I suppose they'd call me a half-blood..... My mum was half blood too and attended Hogwarts as part of House Ravenclaw and my dad was.... umm.... he was a muggleborn wizard as they'd say, part of House Hufflepuff. They told me stories growing about Hogwarts, taught me some magic like basic spells once I was old enough. Not many though..... My mum said I'd need Hogwarts to learn the rest, said it'd ruin my experience or something....." Tyrus responded softly but audible to hear. "My Mum is proud yes...... I'd only imagine my father would be too..... if um.... well he was still about himself and all. She tells me he'd be quite proud." Tyrus added to fully answer the question, though truthfully it was harder to answer then perhaps they could realize. After all it was still rather fresh in his heart the loss of his father and though it had been a year perhaps a half, it still wasn't always easy to speak about him without some sadness and loss catching up with him.

Tyrus then peeked up a bit when the ghosts were mentioned. Looking toward Poppy, Patrick and Alice. "Yeah.... I hear they can be a riot. Especially that headless one, or was he nearly headless? I can't remember now. But lot of fun I'd recall them saying. Kinda want to meet the grey Madam...... or was it lady of grey?... It's been awhile since I heard about them."

Looking now toward the trolley lady and seeing Patrick's reply. Tyrus nodded and pulled out some currency. "My dad used to tell me about your jelly beans.... Barty bots right? Anyways I'll take one." Tyrus spoke handing over the money and seating himself again. "I'd share if you all like. Can't say I'm going to eat them all, personally there are some flavors I'd sooner wish avoid." Tyrus spoke giving the offer with a smile and small chuckle. Recalling some rather nasty sounding flavors his dad told him about, they had to be for torture purposes he could recall saying back then.

Mood: Friendly
Interactions: Poppy &a Patrick inkling inkling Alice amxlia amxlia Trolley Lady avira avira

Lauren Evans
Chin up princess, or the crown slips.

Mood: excited, nervous, giddy
Interactions: milena ( avira avira ), brynn ( Armorath Armorath ),
orla ( spectro spectro )

Lauren turned sharply as she started towards the train, but stopped as she felt a hand on her shoulder. "Honey, I know you're angry at me, but just be careful, okay? And don't do anything rash or foolish. Oh yes, also, do everything like I told you. It'll be better if you run first, and then --" Sighing, Lauren brushed his hand off. She didn't need his advice. "Father, I don't -- I have to..." She gestured wildly at nowhere in particular, before turning and barreling towards the wall to escape her father. Lauren heard her father's chuckles fading away as the world around her misted. She took a step back as the world painted a new setting around her. Flushing with embarrassment, she continued on inside the large train.

She gasped loudly as she stared around the interior of the Hogwarts Express. "Ophelia, look at this train! It's quite ... " She trailed off, not knowing what she had meant to say. "It's quite large," Lauren finished, after thinking about the correct word to use.

Lauren looked around at the compartments and tensed, unsure of which one to choose. She looked into the cage she held and discovered that her red owl was as nervous as she was. "It's okay, Ophelia, calm down," she whispered. Spotting a compartment filled with girls -- first years also they must be -- that looked quite friendly, Lauren walked towards their compartment entrance. "Hello, can I, er, we join you? I mean, uh, unless, of course... yes. It's full?" Lauren stuttered, nodding her head as if that gesture would help them understand the last part of her dialogue. Cringing inwardly, Laura smiled in embarrassment. "Oh, I forgot. I'm Lauren, and she's Ophelia," Lauren pointed to her caged red owl sheepishly. "Are you all also first years? I'm quite nervous, you? Of course, I've heard that Hogwarts is quite friendly, -- the staff, I mean -- so I'm sure there's no reason to be. What House do you all want to be in? I'd love Hufflepuff, although all the other Houses seem quite as dandy also!" She quieted as she realized she had been rambling.

Last edited:
(Appearance: Silver highlights)

Lucinda was tearing up a bit behind her book worried that Johanna hadn't said anything yet. I mean it was totally understandable after the bombshell she dropped on her. Peaking her face out from behind her sketch book when she heard Johanna say that she hadn't killed her yet with such a nice smile Lucinda couldn't help but grin. However Lucinda wasn't prepared for Johanna to sit beside her, to say such kind words and to comfort her. Wiping the tears from her eyes giving Johanna a grin as big as the hug she gave her, "Kay no more sad face from me for the rest of the train ride." Pulling away from the hug Lucinda looked at Johanna twirling her hair, "by the way you didn't say wether you liked my little trick. I am thinking once we get sorted I'm going to change the highlights from silver to match my house colours."

Hearing the door open Lucinda leaned her body out so she could see past Johanna practically beaming with joy thinking it was the sweets trolley. However it turned out to only be some girl called Ripley which made Lucinda frown a bit as she was looking forward to a Chocolate Frog. But Lucinda quickly turned her frown into a small smile feeling confident having already made friends with Johanna she felt a lot more confident and was keen to make Ripley her friend, "Sure you can sit down wherever you like. My name is Lucinda by the way and yes we are both first years." She would let Johanna introduce herself as it was only the polite thing to do however Lucinda felt a knot growing in her stomach realising she had just invited Ripley in to their compartment without asking Johanna. Writing a note on her sketch for Johanna nudging her with her elbow when it was done so she could read it.

Note: 'Sorry didn't ask you wether she could come in. I just fought she looked nice plus she might not be able to get another seat.'

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten
Volfy Volfy

Guinevere Holmes

tumblr_inline_oop8mwq6xM1urfelz_250.gif

"Hufflepuff being talk of the season? Fat chance." Gwen snorted in an unladylike fashion. The friendly jabs between players was one of Gwen's favourite parts of playing quidditch, and Sartorious was just particular fun to pick on. "Charlie can think up more tactics that you can in that daft head of yours," she returned, referring to the Weasley captain of the Gryffindor team. All the girls on the team had a fondness for Charlie this year. Not only was he captain, but the read headed boy was also a Gryffindor prefect. Add to that his status as a seventh year and, well, even Gwen felt a little tingling for him.

At that moment, the compartment door slid open to reveal a boy with locks like fire. Gwen tensed - she could see them out of the corner of her eye. She didn't want to turn to face whoever it was, in case it was Charlie overhearing their conversation. He had a big rule about sportsmanship-like conduct. Gwen would get an earful if Charlie heard what she'd been saying to Sartorious. Once the boy spoke, though, Gwen realized she had nothing to fear.

"Beid, is it?" she asked him. Gwen knew she'd seen this red head during their quidditch matches in the past years, but they'd never been properly introduced. The thing about playing quidditch was that you go to know people by their last names and positions pretty quickly (she knew this boy was Hufflepuff's Seeker), but that was about it. "I've seen you, out on the pitch. Good moves, quick." Gwen ducked side to side, imitating the way one might shift quickly on a broom while chasing a snitch. "Go on, have a seat, then. Tell us what it's like to have a guy like Warbeck weighing down your team," she said playfully as she scooted over to make room for the boy.

location: compartment on the hogwarts express | mood: friendly banter | interactions: The Silent Z The Silent Z Webs Elk Webs Elk

Last edited:
IMG_0265.GIF
Sartorious Warbeck
"Oh? Fat chance and daft now have we? We will see once the season starts. You'll be singing a new tune as you get lost in my dust." He shot back with a nod upon hearing Gwens snort. "I'm sure old Charlie could think up tactics, he's a captain by now or has been. But it's likely to be the same old ones. What I've got up these sleeves would change the game, take my skills to another level. I'll bet you. Last season after all went decent for a slow pace offense. This year I'll wager plenty on Hufflepuff looking like a brand new and winning team." He spoke with a certainty and sense of sporty nature to match. It was after all unlike Sartorious to sit back and not be competitive especially with Quidditch.

That was however in the past as Jack entered the compartment and seemingly gave Gwen a scare of sorts with his red hair. Did she think it was Charlie? How priceless that would have been to see. Meanwhile he looked to Jack and smiled with a welcoming nod. "Of course mate, good to see your back this year. Now come join in the fun and tell Gwen here, just how great our team will be this season." He grinned, truth be told Sartorious was perhaps one of the most determined individuals to see Hufflepuff raise that cup at end of the season. Constantly hoping to help break the curse of cupless seasons and seeing the gold and black soaring through the skies as housemates cheered and roared.

It was that and becoming Evans successor as captain before his time was through that were his greatest goals. After all his other ambitions wouldn't be until after his Hogwarts days as a student were over.

"Oh? Am I weighing us down? Funny, Gwen, your full of laughs this year."

Mood: Friendly with banter
Interactions: Gwen avira avira Jack Webs Elk Webs Elk

Rufus VanDam Some other guy joined them also in their compartment. Rufus heard his brother say it was time to leave. Rufus gave him a hug before he saw Chris disappearing in the direction of the teachers compartment. Rufus looked strangely at the guy. It wasn't really normal for strangers just to bump into an compartment without asking, but he decided to put it to rest for now. Rufus wasn't really in the mood for talking right now so he decided to watch out of the window.

Then suddenly a cat walked into their compartment and sat next to Rufus. Without his gaze leaving the window he began to pet the cat. A few minutes later, while the train was already moving, another guy walked into their compartment asking about his cat "Well, this cat ain't mine, maybe it's yours?"

@ZAuger wdinatx wdinatx @Lorkan

Chris and Alex VanDam
Chris walked trough the small halls of the train. Seeing all the small students trying to find a good spot. He notices also two redheads, twins, and mumbles to himself "That must be the Weasely twins" He had already his lesson roster and knew he would have them first period, their first lesson ever at Hogwarts.

Alex walked in the opposite direction and bumped into his brother "Hey tall one! Watch out" and ducked directly to avoid the tap sent to head "You better watch out, Alex" he brother added just before he saw Alex slipping into a compartment 7 where some older students were in. Chris walked straight to the teachers compartment, greeted Mister Holton and sat down

inkling inkling avira avira Abendrot Abendrot Volfy Volfy

Feeling the train slowly start to move made Iris skip a beat in her heart from being startled. Yet she soon calmed down as she put a hand up to her chest to calm her breathing while also letting out a chuckle to herself. "Hahah..looks like it's finally moving. I don't know about you guys but..I'm just feeling too nervous. I mean, we're going to experience what Hogwarts has to offer. It's exciting to me." She stated as she looked out the window, still trying to get used to the area moving forward with them inside the train. Iris could see the black smoke fade into the air and things pass them by quickly.

The short haired girl turned her head to the entrance of their carriage to see a boy standing there with a cat in his arms. She simply smiled and turned around fully to look at him, motioning one of her hands, allowing him to come inside. "Not at all, come on." The girl really was trying to be as open as possible and was glad to meet another person to possibly be her friend. The only open seat was next to her so she might as well keep going with the conversation. "Cute cat. I'm Iris Hughes by the way."

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki SymbioticWebslinger SymbioticWebslinger FactionParadox FactionParadox

"Thank you..." Saeran said quickly, entering the carriage quickly and shutting the door with his foot gently, somehow keeping a hold of his cat and wand before sitting down. "I'm Saeran Choi, and this is Snow." The white-haired eleven year old said as Snow reached over to Iris, wanting to see if she'd pet him or give him some food, digging his claws in a little as the train started moving. "A-Are you all first-years too? I want to be in Ravenclaw..." Saeran asked nervously. He rotated his rather long wand in his fingers as a sort of fidget, this was all terribly new to him. He hadn't even been in England for more than 9 months at best, possibly 10. "Are we allowed to take our pets on the train? Snow didn't want to be alone in his box so he gave me the kitten eyes... He knows they always work." Saeran sighed, looking at the cat who meowed contently. "I've tried a few simple spells myself, under my Aunt and Uncle's tutelage..."

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki SymbioticWebslinger SymbioticWebslinger MochiHaru MochiHaru

SidneySidney watched Evan carefully as she spoke, honestly intrigued by what she was saying though he wasn't all that familiar with what he was hearing. Still by he way she spoke he could understand it. He was impressed by the beauty of what she was describing. Sidney hadn't ever really been outside of the small section of Europe he had been born into and grown up in. But he knew enough about European geography and what not. America was completely unknown to him however.

Sidney smiled back at Evan absently; he didn't want to appear rude to her but he also had no clue how to continue the conversation. He had nothing to input about America, and no real question to ask her next. Luckily Fig and a newcomer or two at the compartment door saved him. He had just been about to open his mouth when the girl asked if there was room. Sidney looked at Evan with his normal high and mighty, blank expression again, as if their conversation had never occurred. As the other two- Sidney sat silently and watched the girl and boy file in- came and sat down.

Fig had been beginning to climb up to her collar, he had frozen in place though, tiny forepaws against Evan's stomach as the two children entered and sat. Sidney scooted into the corner by the door, giving vacant and cool looks to the new students but still dipping his head in a stiff welcome. His warmth and humanness seemed to have dissipated as the room filled. Feeling a little more than out of place Sidney watched with a twinge of sad frustration as Fig moved to investigate the new girl sitting next to Evan and the boy that came in.

Sidney caught a telling glance at the clip board the boy held and watched with irritation based from ignorance as the three started talking silently with their hands. He could not understand any of it which made him sulk a bit more. Crossing his arms tight over his chest and simply watching Sidney nudged the compartment door closed with his foot.

| amxlia amxlia @Aero ★ Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf
Mood: Interested, Put off, Cold, Disengaged

Iris glanced down at the white cat and formed a smile on the corner of her lips. She reached her hand over and petted it's head softly scratching behind the ears as well. "I think he'll be fine, I saw other kids with their pets." Pulling her hand away, she looked back at him, "Hey, I want to be in RavenClaw too." She said cheerfully, "Yeah, we're first years, I thought you could tell." She said with a laugh at the side. "If we do get both in RavenClaw, lets stick together. It would be awkward if either of us were alone in that place." That was one way for her to offer friendship..
FactionParadox FactionParadox

The Beid Siblings
Jack Beid | Kliff Beid | Clay Beid

• "Of course mate, good to see your back this year. Now come join in the fun and tell Gwen here, just how great our team will be this season."

Jack noticed the girl tense up but he didn't question it. Jack looked at Sartorious and smiled, "It's great to be back. I spent the entire summer doing work for Professor McGonnagall so I'm happy to finally be back around other students. As for the team, I feel like we have it this year. Whenever I wasn't working on transfiguration, I was training so we'll have a faster Seeker at least!"

"Beid, is it? ... I've seen you, out on the pitch. Good moves, quick." The girl ducked side to side, imitating the way one might shift quickly on a broom while chasing a snitch.

Jack laughed, mentally sighing that she wasn't tense because of him, "Thanks. You're not bad yourself. With a chaser like you, it's no wonder Gryffindor wins a lot. We have our own ace though."

Jack gave Sartorious a pat on the back as he laughed.

"Go on, have a seat, then. Tell us what it's like to have a guy like Warbeck weighing down your team," she said playfully as she scooted over to make room for the boy.

As Jack sat down next to the girl, he heard Warbeck saying, "Oh? Am I weighing us down? Funny, Gwen, your full of laughs this year."

Jack couldn't help but smile, "Truth be told, I'd say he's one of our star players. If something were to happen to me and Evan, you could be sure that he'd try to lead our team to victory still."

Unfortunately, the Hufflepuff team had taken a hit last year once 2 of the star players graduated. Afterward, Jack was the oldest one in the group and was expected to take the role of captain. However, he rejected and believed that Evan should take the position as the captain as her position allowed her to help her teammates out more than he does.

Fortunately, many of the younger members were pretty good, and the best of them: Sartorious. Jack admired the passion the 4th year had for the game, one that rivaled his own and Evan's.

Jack smiled, "This year, Gryffindor is going to have to step up their game. Even without the chaser and beater that graduated last year, we'll definitely beat you guys. Even if me, Evan, and Sart have to do it by ourselves!"

Jack laughed before looking back at the girl, "So ... what is your name?"

code by cychotic

Disclaimer : I'm a bit braindead due to school so I may not be at my best when posting. Please forgive me >.<
Mentions
^.^ Click Name for Mentions ^.^

af6fd0dd9ea9973388c6029df6916437.jpg
Jack Beid

Mentions
The Silent Z The Silent Z - Sartorious
avira avira - Gwen
deer deer - Natalie (Whenever you join)

michelle-kane-photography-sheridan-wyoming-photographer-urban-teen-boy-4.jpg
Kliff Beid

Mentions

deer deer - Elodie (Whenever you join)

16661510-a-beautiful-teenage-girl-with-long-curly-ginger-hair-and-green-eyes-hugging-herself-in-summer-park-outdoor-portrait-of-attractive-red-haired-young-woman-in-evening-at-sunset.jpg
Clay Beid

Mentions
deer deer - Elodie (Whenever you join)

Last edited:
Ripley Holton
Interaction: Lucinda Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002 | Johanna explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

tumblr_mx52ijtVTL1qcqfmno2_250.gif
A slightly lopsided smile came across Ripley’s face as one of the girls introduced herself, and invited her in. She quickly stepped into the compartment, closing the door behind her and practically throwing herself onto the opposite seats to the other two. Ripley lay back, her head on the seat closest to the window, she then kicked up her long legs so they rested at the other end of the seats, at an angle on the wall, making her look like a oddly shaped L. Tilting her head to the side, she faced the girl who’d spoken to her.

“Lucinda? That’s a really cool name!” Ripley said, animatedly. Her hands fidgeted a little, running across the material of the seats and toying with her clothes. She took a moment to appraise her new companions, as her mind raced to find something to say. Lucinda was a short, thin girl with oddly pale skin. The other girl looked more around her own height, with long red hair and a smattering of freckles. “So, do either of you know what it’s like at Hogwarts? I was told it’s like nothing you’ve seen before.” Ripley’s mind grasped onto some common ground all three had. Their new school. It was an easy subject to discuss with them, and since she hadn't much practice at speaking to anyone her age, it seemed to stick.

“Do you guys know what house you’ll be in.?” she scrunched up her face at her own words, quickly adding, as if to herself “Well, the house you think you’ll be in.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edward Holton
Interaction: Chris Yarrow Yarrow

tumblr_nmdrghwWzf1qahdmvo1_250.gif
Edward sat in relative silence, only the noise of the train’s wheels, and the scratch of his quill broke the quiet of the compartment. His hand scribbled across the parchment in front of him, writing in an elaborate, cramped calligraphy style. An inkwell hovered in the air beside him, undisturbed bar the occasional tap of the quill on its rim.

When he heard the door slide open, Edward didn’t move his head, only his eyes, glancing up for a cursory inspection of the individual who’d entered. He was a young, well groomed man, too old to be a student who’d lost their way. So a fellow teacher. Edward’s eyes returned to his paper, continuing to scribble for several seconds after the other man sat down, not returning his greeting just yet. With a deliberate hand, he placed his quill down at his side and closed the lid to his inkwell, returning it to its place with his folder. Finally, he looked up at Chris, offering him a tight, but genuine smile, a slight inclination of the head as acknowledgment.

“Hello. You will have to forgive me, but I do not believe I know you.” Edward’s words were clipped and stony. Not out of dislike for Chris, simply the man's way. He looked at Chris for a moment before continuing, "Am I correct in assuming you are to be one of m colleagues this coming year? If so, I am pleased to meet you. I am Holton, Edward Holton."

SusannaSusanna was sitting silently in the compartment she had found, it was pleasantly empty which she didn't mind. She had let Styx out of his cage, the large and fluffy feline gladly scouting around and sniffing the window with a exploring meow. Susanna happily watched him, her eyes bright with excitement. Silently holding out her hand for Styx the first year smiled as the cat fixed himself in the crook of her lap, between her legs. She had spent what felt like ages in the cabin alone, listening with apprehension as other students both new and old files past the door. She thought several times that someone might come in, as she had noticed a few people pause before the door but she wasn't bothered. She even started to day dream, her hands buried into her purring pets' thick, abundant fur. However, she was startled out of her reverie as two kids her age appeared in the door way.

"Um." Susanna squeezed her hands into Styx's fur and swallowed hard, trying to even her voice. She took the moment to peer at the two new kids. They appeared to be siblings, and when Susanna listened to the energetic introduction she realized she had been right. She smiled politely at the girl, and gave her "shy" brother a friendly and slightly apologetic smile. His stuttered introduction was endearing and she empathized with him.

"N-no, I don't m-mind." Another small pause as she glanced at Styx who jumped up in her lap and gave a cursory, lengthy meow. He swished his tail in curiosity and a bit of pride and Susanna only noticed the reason for this when the girl, who introduced herself as Clay held up the cage at her side.

"Th-this is...is Styx..." Susanna introduced her cat first, as he was about to promptly greet Max. Susanna wasn't worried Hat he would hurt the other cat, but he was extremely protective of her and didn't like new people much. So she decided to make sure he knew she was okay with the boy and girl, and their cat. "And...I'm S-Susanna. Susanna Rosewarne."

Susanna dipped her head in embarrassment, feeling her voice catch and trip over her words. She looked up at Kliff, giving the boy a comradely look. Then she patted the seat next to her, looking out the compartment past the two.

"Bit l-late huh?" She noted with a friendly teasing tone, and another gentle smile. She was glad to have some company. She didn't like the idea of going to school without someone she at least knew by name. Perhaps these two would be her friends for the next few years! The idea made her smile brighter and she gave Styx another pat as he jumped down to meow up at Clay, pacing around her feet. He wanted to meet Max now that she had made the call on the newcomers.

| Webs Elk Webs Elk | Mood: Friendly, Embarrassed, Hopeful

A

L

I

C

E

mood; curious, friendly | mentions/interactions; The Silent Z The Silent Z

"I'm alright here ma'am, but thanks," she responded kindly to the lady whom had offered them candy from the trolley. Her parents may have been able to give her a good amount of wizarding money to use and spend however she wished, but, she still felt like she could spare them the sickle or galleon or whatever it was for candy for at least the train ride.

"What kind of flavors do you mean? All jelly beans are amazing!" she questioned curiously, as Alice had never heard of Berty Botts Every Flavor Beans.

{I'm so so so so so soooooo sorry my response is so late, I have no excuse ;-;}
coded by wheat

Evan Jackson
mentions; Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf @Aero ★ mood; amused, casual outfit; x x

"Well there's always..." Evan trailed off in her signing as her eyes were caught by how Sidney began to become much more stiff again and seemed a bit sour about the fact that she and the first year girl had begun signing, something by the way he held himself he most likely didn't know. Smiling lightly, she quickly signed," hold on, someone is being grumpy."

"You alright there, Sidney?" she asked with a faint and unconscious smile, hoping he wasn't too uncomfortable with the situation. Before the other two had entered, he'd been so open and Evan had found him interested and, frankly, nice to be around for that time. She was determined to do whatever she could to make a friend out of him. Seeing his posture towards the two first years and briefly herself however, she had to admit it may have to happen more once the train had ceased motion in Hogsmead.

code by cychotic

tumblr_obcxbt4UiE1sut0fso1_500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back