• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Academy of the Protection.

"Pretty good." She says, using the machete to peel some of the edible part out of her half of the coconut. She motions to the other half, letting Micah know that it's his.

He takes his half and puts some in his mouth, disgust showing on his face clearly. "That tastes disgusting. You can have the rest if you want to." He passes her it back while he looks at the rabbits cooking. They'd need a few more minutes. "Hey, Manson. Why'd you join the academy?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Fine, more for me." She says, but shakes her head at the coconut before putting it on the ground and pulling her knees up to her chest. When Micah asks his question she sighs. "Oh, well. I had a sister once." She says, remembering her sister who had been in the academy, and she was killed. They never even saw her body. Nikki's parents wanted Nikki to follow in her sister's footsteps, so they put her in the academy.

Micah crosses his legs while he sits next to the fire, every so often pulling out the rabbit to see how cooked it was. "Did she die?" He asks her, looking at her out of the corner of his eye. He wondered what had happened to her sister. He tried to remember if he knew anyone else named Manson in the academy.

"Yep." Nikki says and she leans her back against the tree she was next to. "She was in the academy, her name was Sarah." Nikki says, and she looks up at the sky, certain that it was going to rain, but not for a few more hours.

Sarah Manson. He didn't know her but yet she sounded familiar. He examines the rabbit again. "Come eat." He says and he holds up a rabbit on a stick for her to take. He takes his own and bites into it, savouring the taste. "I had parents once, like you had a sister." Micah says, and looks down at the floor.

Nikki takes the stick and takes a bite of the rabbit. "It's good." She whispers. She didn't like talking about family, it wasn't really a number one topic for her. She knaws on the rabbit, loving the taste as she swallows it. "This.. this is really good.. I'm sorry.. about your parents." She says, and looks at the water, wishing she was more comfortable with talking, because she had a feeling she'd be there for a while

"And I'm sorry about your sister. What time do you reckon it is?" He decided he wanted to change the subject, as he bit into his rabbit again he looked at the floor and then kicked off another spider. He was glad their shelter was in the trees because he hated spiders. "Tomorrow we should explore." He says, before she can answer about the time.

Nikki stares at the sky, noting that the sun was setting slightly. "It's probably around seven p.m. " she says, the finishes off her rabbit. She gets up and looks at the remainder of the coconuts. She could either leave them down there, or use her shirt as a bag again and carry them up to the shelter.

Micah looks at Nikki and then at the coconuts. "Bring them up with us. Something could steal them down here." He looks up at the shelter and finishes off his rabbit before standing up. "You should go up now and I can pass you the things we need to take up there." He'd have to attach two back packs and then the coconuts, and then climb up himself.

Nikki nods and starts to climb. Her muscles were sore and her head was pounding again, but she shook it off. When she reached the shelter she sent the rope down for the stuff. "Okay." She says to Micah before giving off a yawn.

Micah attaches one bag after the other, each time it got darker, and soon it would be pitch black. He then attaches the coconuts, and as they're pulled up he walks over to the fire and stomps it out, again not wanting to attract attention. Then, in the dark, he climbs the tree, almost falling a few times, before he gets to their shelter, looking at Nikki. It was so dark he felt for sure that he was going to fall, he didn't even know how high it was.

"Alright, be careful. I hope you don't move around a lot in your sleep." Nikki says. She had already laid out the two sleeping bags and she pulled a stick from the branch. She digs around in her pack for a while, finding a cloth that she hadn't seen before. She automatically recognized it by the feeling. It was a special cloth that New earth had created. If you set it on fire the fire won't spread, and the cloth won't burn. She wrapped the cloth on the stick and used the flint and steel to set it on fire. "Okay, this should help us get situated." She says, looking at Micah in the glow of the fire light.

"Got ya." He blinks a few times while he gets used to the light, then while he does he gets inside his sleeping bag and grabs the stick from Nikki so she could get inside of hers. He was nervous, afraid. It was going to be their first night on new Earth, and while there was nothing dangerous that they had encountered yet, he was sure they would find something.

When Nikki gets situated in her sleeping bag she blows out the fire on the stick and lays it down between them. It was radiating heat so they wouldn't be to cold. "Alright." She says simply, then closes her eyes. She didn't know what was around her, but she did hear a melodic sound of crickets chirping. She opens her eyes again to get a quick glance at the stars, and she sighs. There was something that reminded her of home. At her home she could see the stars as if they were right in front of her.

Micah doesn't shut his eyes. He still had his sword in his hand and he would be holding it all night in case he needed to use it. Now it was dark and silent he could hear what was below them, and he listened. It was silent, crickets. Eventually he shuts his eyes and tries to get comfortable before he falls asleep, hoping to God he didn't have a nightmare today.

Nikki's eyes pop open, and she feels an urge in her lower abdomen... She had to relieve herself.. She grabs her stick and lights it before getting out of her sleeping bag. She very slowly and carefully climbed down from the tree and walked to a different one. She sticks the stick in the ground and rubbed her hands together

Once she was finished she pulls the stick back out of the ground, but there was something wrong. The hairs on the back of Nikki's neck stood on end, and the crickets had stopped. She reaches for her machete, but she didn't have it. It was still up in the shelter.

Something felt wrong. Very wrong. Like the nightmares he'd been having had been leading up to this. He couldn't sleep. He'd been tossing and turning and he now he just sat upright. Where had Nikki gone? He looks around and he cant see her, but he can see the flame of their makeshift torch. But something still felt wrong, and it wasn't just Nikki's disappearance. His hand lowers to his sword and he listens. "Manson?" He hisses loudly down to the flame. When there's no reply in the time that he had set for the a-ok, he gets out of the sleeping bag and climbs down the tree.

Nikki was completely still, and she heard twigs breaking around her. 'Shouldn't have brought the torch' her mind tells her, but she doesn't blow it out. If there was something out there see needed to be able to see it. She sticks the stick in the ground and raises her fists, getting into her fighting stance. There was something bad, something dangerous near her and she was ready for it.

Micah walked slowly towards the torch, but he hung back in the shadows, waiting. He could see Nikki now, but he didn't want to startle her. His hand was clutching his sword tightly, his breathing slow but steady. He feels the knife in his pocket, and he picks it up. "Here." He whispers and he throws the knife into the light of the torch, letting his presence be known to Nikki.

Nikki slowly leans down and picks up the knife brandishing it. She hears a strange growling sound from behind her and she turns around to see a lion. No, it couldn't be a lion it was taller than Nikki was. It didn't have fur, it's skin was silky looking. It's face was the shape of a lion's but it's body was big, and bulky, it's feet were the size of Nikki's head, and there were talons protruding from it's feet. Nikki braces herself for it to pounce, and when it does she rolls out of the way. She slashes the knife towards it, only making more angry. "Come on." She says to it and it pounces again, this time Nikki slashed its abdomen with the knife, but the creature got her. It's talons scraped across her back and she groaned in pain, but it wasn't bad, and she kept fighting.

Micahs hand holds the sword tightly as he steps forward to help Nikki, when he's pounced on from behind, another lion thing. The lion is on top of him, and its heavy, Micah is face down in the dirt, but the lion turns him around and looks him in the eye while it snarls and bites at him. Before it can, however, Micahs sword is raised and he swipes at the lions legs with it, cutting it open slightly, making the lion move away from him.

((Thought of an RP idea... Realised no one ever wants to RP as a mother xD ))

Nikki hits the thing with a swift kick to the neck before looking over to see Micah with another one of the things. She wanted to go help, but she.knew he could probably handle himself. Before she can turn back to the creature it grabs her foot with its tail and raises her up to where they were face to face. Her being upside down, getting a good look at the thing's mouth that happened to be fullbof razor sharp teeth with liquid dripping from them.. whatever it was, it wasn't saliva.. thinking quickly Nikki reaches with the hand holding the knife and with a hard quick motion she hits the tail of the creature, and it drops her.

Micah slashes again and he moves away from the creature, he moves away from it as it lunges forwards again. When its head nears him he slashes at its neck, a thick line appears and blood drips out. But it wouldn't hurt it too well. He moves away again when it tries to bite him, but then lunges forwards, driving his blade into the creatures mouth. He pushes the blade as far in as he can until the creature goes limp, and then he pulls it out. It collapses on the ground but he doesn't hesitate to drive it into the creatures skull again. He had to make sure it was dead, he couldn't risk it. He pulls his blade out and turns to help Nikki.

The creature's large mouth opened wide, as if it was going to swallow her whole. She takes the knife and drives it into the roof of the creatures mouth before grabbing the fire stick and hitting. "Come on!" Nikki whispers harshly at the creature. She shook her head at Micah, mentally telling him that she had to do this alone. When the thing opens it's mouth again Nikki uses the sharp end of the stick to ram it down the creature's throat making it scream in pain, she frees one hand and pulls the knife out of it's mouth before stabbing into a big dark eye multiple times, and then digging it into the creature's throat, making it scream in pain and fall to the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back