• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tale of Two Survivors { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Nathaniel Matthews
Former Firefly | 21 | Current location ;; North Dakota

Nate pulled his arms tighter, creating this strange backwards hug, because two cuddles was not enough for one day he was learning. Were they at three now? Maybe he should stop counting. Counting was only filling his stomach with more jitters. “I’ve got you,” Nate breathed, repeating what Alex told him as Nate struggled before. What he just kept telling him over and over even though they were new to this companionship. What he promised even though they had only just met. And that was where he stayed, head nestled between Alex’s head and shoulder. He closed his eyes, breathing in the moment of serenity in the middle of a crumbling world. They could pick up the pieces together, the monkey man and his medic. The medic and his monkey man. Oh. Okay. “I’ve got you,” he repeated, a smile settling on his lips, because he did. Always.

Alexander Brennan
Former Seraphite | 19 | Current location ;; North Dakota

Alex felt the backwards hug as Nate pulled his arms tighter. He didn't count how many times they'd cuddled together in such a short time. All he knew was that he felt safe. He felt wanted which was a feeling he'd never experienced. Alex didn't want to give this up, not at all. He would do what he had to to keep them together. Though right now he also wanted to sleep. His heart flipped when he heard those three words. The same words Alex had told Nate before. He didn't realize how great it sounded until he heard it repeated to himself. He also felt his heart flip when Nate said it again. It was going to be the monkey man and his medic. His medic. When did that feel right? He didn't care anymore. He was comfortable, he was happy for the first time and he had Nate.

Nathaniel Matthews

After what could have been minutes and could have been hours, much like before, Nate did not move. He did not speak. He stayed in that moment. If he didn’t move, maybe it could be forever. But all things had to eventually come to an end. “Let’s go to sleep,” he whispered, his voice remembering how tired he was. “We can deal with my shoulder later. It doesn’t even hurt that much right now.” It wasn’t a lie. He was certain the moment was masking that, but he would take it. It could mask everything. He gently tugged on his chest to convince him to move before letting himself slip away to determine if he even wanted to get the sleeping bag out. Maybe the ground was good enough.

Alexander Brennan

Alex had lost track of time as they stood there. It was like time was non existent at the moment. He didn't want to move, had to remind himself to breathe. "Okay" Alex whispered back, a yawn escaping from his mouth. "You're sure about your shoulder?" He asked gently. He felt Nate move away a few moments later. Alex turned and grabbed his bag, pulling out his blanket and setting it on the ground, his tunic at the head of it. Alex laid down on his side, looking up at Nate, another yawn coming out.

Nathaniel Matthews

Since Alex was already moving, it only made sense for Nate to do so as well. He bent over only enough to reach for the top of the bag to unstrap the sleeping bag and toss it to the ground beside Alex and his blanket. How exactly did Alex stay warm in the night? “My shoulder is fine,” he answered. “I’ll just only lay on the other side.” He plopped back down on his sleeping bag before considering that. He opened it up the whole way so that it was more like a blanket. “Want to share? You’ve only got the one, and I’m sure you get cold with so few layers.” You know, like the part where he had no shirt on currently. And also the fact that after the day they just had, he was not sure he wanted to not be close. He held up the sleeping bag blanket as an offering.

Alexander Brennan

He had been looking at Nate before he heard what he's said. Share? He did get cold sometimes, but he was used to it so it never bothered him. He also didn't want to be far from Nate after everything that had happened. Alex grabbed his blanket and got up, walking over to Nate and sitting on the sleeping back. "You okay with this?" He asked, laying down next to Nate, draping his blanket over himself. "I don't want to make you uncomfortable" He added, though with everything they'd already shared, was that even possible?

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate snorted out a laugh as Alex joined him. Did he really just ask that? “You and I just shared what I can only call a very intimate massage both for me and for you, I cried on you until the sun disappeared, and I am pretty sure I have yet to not be attached to you since I fell.” That sounded better than was attacked and almost bitten by the infected. “I feel that it would be kind of silly if I told you that this made me uncomfortable.” He smiled mischievously. “Besides, you’re not the first person I’ve shared this sleeping bag with. You’re not the first person I’ve slept this close to.” And for added emphasis, he scooched himself very close, his face resting against his shoulder.

Alexander Brennan

Alex laughed himself, a blush on his face. He didn't think about the fact that the massage had been intimate but it had been. He realized that they'd passed the threshold of uncomfortable a few hours ago. Alex had no idea how they went from strangers to being this close already. It was amazing what trauma did to build bonds between people. "I guess that's true" He said with a small smile. He watched as Nate slid very close, with his face against Alex's shoulder. Alex covered them in the blanket, and he let out a small laugh as he looked at Nate. "Good night bud" He said softly. He felt himself drift off into a very comfortable sleep.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate closed his eyes, letting his body sink into the relaxing state of almost sleep. Bud. He’d take that. He felt he probably would have liked anything that Alex called him honestly. “Good night, pal,” he said, his words slurring slightly from the sleep coming on. He let himself laugh at that inside, a smile still firmly sitting on his lips, before finally he slept. And he slept well and warm. So warm. Perhaps he was being a bit silly when he said that Alex was not the first to share his sleeping bag. It was true, because he shared plenty of times with both his mother and his brothers. He slept very close to all of them. However, he never slept like this. Like everything was perfect.

Alexander Brennan

The morning had come rather quick in Alex's mind, but he didn't mind. He was comfortable, warm and sleeping right next to Nate. He didn't want to be anywhere else. Alex didn't even want to get up, though his eyes opened and looked at Nate beside him. His emotions were still confusing to him, but at some point that night, he'd decided that it didn't matter what he felt. He knew he enjoyed Nate's company and he knew that he never wanted to leave his side, that was good enough for Alex.

Nathaniel Matthews

The light sprinkled down through the trees, creating little spotlights in this forest. When he opened his eyes, he could not help but be entranced by the way it made the leaves look. He faced upwards, cheek pressed against something warm. Oh, Alex’s arm. Well, that was a lovely surprise. No, not a surprise. He put himself here. Right. And his arm? Underneath Alex. Now how did that happen? He probably got cold and wiggled his way underneath. That seemed reasonable. That honestly was how he woke up any time he had to share with either Max or Ben. Ben especially hated sharing with him, because he claimed that Nate’s clingy nature was just too warm for him. Nate told him not to let the infected tear up his sleeping bag then.

“‘Mornin’.” His voice was raspy and rough. That would pass. Mornings did that to him. Literally all of him liked to be disheveled before he could pull himself together. Ah, and now he remembered the pain. Yep, that was about how he thought it would be. Worse the next day. That also meant that tomorrow would be even worse, but hopefully nothing additionally terrible will have happened. He was getting tired of them getting hurt. Granted, it only happened twice but that was already too many.

Alexander Brennan

Alex hadn't realized that Nate's arm had ended up underneath him. He didn't really care, Alex was fine with Nate being so close. It was a comfort to Alex that someone cared enough to try and be close. He blinked the sleep from his eyes as he smiled at Nate. "Morning, did you sleep okay?" He asked, looking at him. "How's your shoulder?" He added, concern in his voice. He had hurt the day after his fall, so he could only imagine how Nate must be feeling. "Should I redo and rewrap your bandages?" Alex was awake now, trying to make sure that Nate was comfortable.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate tried to shake his head, except that it was difficult with Alex’s body literally against it. “No, don’t ruin this,” he whined with a giggle trying to peek out from under the words. He sighed. They can’t stay there forever. If they did, they would obviously never get to their destination. Hunters may find them. Animals would eat them. The earth would reclaim them. All of these were perfectly reasonable reasons he should get up. But he didn’t want to. Come on, Nate, get up. But, Nate, what if I want to stay here? Nate, dear me, we just had this conversation. He would die. Probably. Maybe he would starve. Dehydrate? Was he hungry? Probably.

“Okay, okay, I’m moving.” He wiggled poorly and then dramatically sighed. “Oops, I’m stuck. Sorry, can’t move. That means my shoulder has to heal. And the inevitable bruises all down my back and legs will also be forced to heal. It’s fine.” Really, Nate? Really? He sighed, again, equally as dramatically, then extricated his arm to sit up. Yep, there it was. “Oh, it’s lovely,” he chuckled.

Alexander Brennan

Alex laughed, hearing the whine and giggle underneath it from Nate. He shook his head at him. “Nate, you’re ridiculous sometimes did you know that?” He asked with a small laugh. He had no idea why he enjoyed spending time with Nate, but he wouldn’t trade their time together for anything, not even canned beans. He knew they had to move, they’d be found eventually and it wouldn’t be a good thing.

Alex shook his head at Nate’s attempt to get free. He laughed as he heard Nate’s poor excuse to stay where they were. Alex was about to roll over get up when Nate pulled his arm free. “Good, now come on.” Alex knew he had to get up otherwise neither of them would. Alex slowly moved away from Nate, getting to his feet. Alex stretched, the twinge in his back seemed to be gone or at least he didn’t feel as bad. Hmm. Maybe he could get them some real breakfast. Can’t hurt to try. “Nate, you stay here. I’m gonna get us breakfast.” He waited a moment to hear from him before he left.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate groaned as he sat there, his arms involuntarily moving towards Alex but then dropping them with a loud thud onto his legs. Ow. It didn’t always pay to be silly. “Sure, I’ll stay here. Don’t worry about me.” He was being silly, but he knew that was probably the best idea. He could spent this time working on his body.

He did. He worked at his legs. Definitely bruised. When he checked finally, they looked ugly but weren’t as bad as he originally thought. It could have been the shock. Definitely the shock. He pulled off his jacket and shirts to find that it hurt to do so, but that could have been soreness. And many bruises. He tried to assess with feel alone, which was difficult, and determined that it was not great, would take a while to heal, but could be significantly worse. Then he turned to his shoulder, which for sure looked poorly. He should have stitched it yesterday. So he pulled out his medical supplies and started doing that was he waited.

Alexander Brennan

Alex nodded though he felt that he’d probably always worry about Nate. He walked into the forest, his steps slow and quiet. His eyes scanning the landscape and his ears listening. He stayed in a straight line so he didn’t lose where he’d come from. Snap Alex’s head turned to the sound. Foliage was breaking, and he pulled his bow. Alex stepped up closer, and he heard multiple hoofbeats. Perfect. He crouched and walked forward quietly.

In the clearing was a small herd of deer. He spotted a large doe on her own and drew his bow. Arrow nocked and ready to fire. Alex breathed out, he aimed the arrow and fired. The doe had moved a foot as he fired which put his arrow off and into her shoulder. Uh-oh. She ran off with a bleat. Alex took off after her. He had another arrow ready and fired, this one made target, dropping her. He holstered his bows panting. His back hurt now, he must’ve pulled the muscle. “Man. I’m gonna hear about that” He frowned, picking up the doe and headed back to the camp. Eventually he made it to the camp, dropping the deer with the two arrows in its side on the ground, kneeling down with a wince.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back