• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Academy of the Protection.

"Do you know whats edible? Whats dangerous? You'll need that to live more than physical strength." He advises, he didn't know her, whether she was into physical or intelligent training. He thinks about himself. He'd scoured books on Earth since he was thirteen, he knew what was poisonous, he knew what was dangerous. Today, he would just... Well. He couldn't visit any family because he didn't have any. Couldn't say goodbye to friends. Maybe he could sit with Styles for a while, with a book just to refresh his memory. "I have books on that kind of thing. You can borrow them." He doesn't remove his eyes from hers, keeping confident. She didn't scare him, in many ways he thought her as his responsibility now, like he was her leader, her superior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Yeah, whatever." She says, "Well, I'm going to catch some shut eye before tomorrow." She turns around and looks down. She knew some things about the plants. Like how if the thing had thorns you shouldn't eat it, if it had a certain shaped stem it's poisonous. If you broke the stem and slimy green stuff came out, it was surprisingly edible.

"Okay. You'll need it." Micah nods his head and looks around awkwardly before he walks in the direction of his dorm. His nerves were finally getting to him. He was going to Earth, to actual freaking Earth. He was going to be living on Earth for God knows how long but it would be the longest time anyone had been living on Earth for generations. He grins slightly, excited, and uses his fingerprint to get into his dorm, walking inside and looking through his books to find the one on Earth. He opens it and sits down on his bed, suddenly forgetting about Styles and instead feeling only excitement for tomorrow.

Nikki gets to her dorm and falls down on her bed, her eyes wide and staring at the ceiling. "What?" She asks herself, and images of everything she had ever learned about Earth flood her mind. "I can't even, what." She says and closes her eyes, it wasn't long before she fell asleep to the images, and dreamed about Earth, and all of it's dangers.

He fell asleep holding the book, page open on the history of Earth, and he dreamed of what was to come. Brightly coloured creatures and plants came alive around him and it was as though he was having the first good dream he had had in a while. But then everything changed. The flowers wilted and the trees grew taller and more creepy looking. The animals died and new animals were in their place, large black animals with teeth the size of Micahs head. Nikki came out from behind him, and Styles from behind her and they were speaking but he couldn't hear them. He looked around frantically and that's when he heard the first scream. He turned and he saw on the ground Styles a bloody mess, his face half gone and his body mangled and beaten. And when he saw that he heard the second scream and he whipped back around again. The sight was worse, as though Styles was simply rotting and Nikki was a murder scene, fresh, new. He ran to her because she was still gasping, and he couldn't hear what she was saying but he tried to patch up the wounds on her throat and her stomach. It was no use, and she died in his arms still mumbling. And then Micah felt a sharp pain, and he turned, and the beast was on him now. That's when Micah bolted upright out of bed, panting and drenched in sweat.

Nikki woke to the alarm, her body sitting upright immediately. She shook her head, then walked into the bathroom for a quick five minute shower. She changed into her uniform and put her wet hair into a ponytail. She had no makeup, so she walked straight out of her dorm and she headed down to the great hall. Her mind racing with what she was to face this day.

As usual he had been awake an hour before the alarm had gone off, so he had showered and got dressed already. He cleared his throat and walked down to the great hall when the alarm actually did go off, and was waiting there for Nikki. He was still quite excited to be going to Earth today but he kept his mouth in a straight line and his eyes trained ahead, not showing any emotion. Since he lived at the academy all year round, he never really did show any emotion, it wasn't professional. He showed it when he was on his own, but never around people.

When Nikki arrived at the great hall she took her spot next to Micah and stood straight, her hands clasped behind her back as usual. Her eyes were tired as she blinked a few times to get the crust out of them. Part of her was excited, but part of her wanted to climb back into her bed and hide under the covers and never come out. She shook the weak feelings out of her body and her eyes turned cold, emotionless. She wasn't weak, she wouldn't back down without even trying. She was ready.

More and more students filed into the great hall, some looking anxious and some looking down right bored. Micah wondered what their assignments were, he would find out at the end of the term, probably, when there was the presentation by the commander about everyone's strengths and flaws. The commander came in soon after, and the room, if it hadn't been silent before, was deathly silent now. "You all know your assignments, and in ten short minutes you will be released to go eat breakfast at the canteen, after the bell rings for the end of breakfast, your assignment will begin immediately." Some professors stood up and gave short speeches, well known agents gave advice, and soon, they were dismissed for breakfast.

Her stomach gave a nervous jerk as they were released for breakfast and she gave a short shaky breath. She was completely nervous now, this was her first assignment and they were sending her to Earth. Did they want her to die? Was this some kind of population controller? She shook away the thought. She'd succeed in this task if it was the last thing she did.

Micah looked down at Nikki and raised his eyebrows. "Are you... Okay?" He asks her, quietly. He was going to head to breakfast soon, but she looked nervous, and she was his partner, so it was kind of his job to make her not nervous. That makes no sense, but he knew what he meant. He didn't touch her, but he relaxed his posture. Should he invite her to sit with him at breakfast? Most people were already on good terms with their partners and Micah and Nikki were just sort of... Meh.

"Yeah." Nikki whispers quietly and she starts to calm down. "I'm fine." She says and smiles slightly at Micah. She starts to walk towards breakfast with her hands tucked in her pockets. ((I have to do yard work :/ ))

Micah walks towards breakfast quietly after Nikki, and when he gets there he grabs an apple and sits down at a table that was empty. He didn't know if Nikki would sit with him, but if she did, he wouldn't be rude about it. He bites into his apple and chews on it while looking around at the people in the room all sat with their friends. Micah used to be popular before Styles died, now everyone just blamed him for his death. ((Okay :3))

Nikki looks at the food and shakes her head before grabbing a bowl of assorted fruits. She looks around for a place to sit and sees Micah by himself. For a moment she considers sittng with him, but she didn't ibstead she walked to an empty table and ate her fruit in peace. Trying to ignore the flipping if her stomach.

Micah sees Nikki sit at another table and looks down at his, taking another bite of his apple. Eventually he finishes it, still looking at the table, when he looks up, two boys in the uniform are stood looking at him. He raises his eyebrow and sets his apple core on the table. "Can I help you?" He asks, his back straight and his eyes on them. "No, but you can help that girl. Don't get her killed too, freak, or I swear we will end you the way you ended Styles. We're sick of seeing our own die around you." One of the boys says. Looks like the other one was only there for moral support or something.

When Nikki finishes her fruit she looks back to Micah's table to see a couple other guys there. She heard most of what one of them said and she rolls her eyes. She had heard what happened with Micah's old partner, and she didn't believe the rumors flying around. She stands up and walks towards the three boys. She stands behind the two boys who were talking to Micah and clears her throat. "Scuse me."

The two boys turn around, looking at Nikki. "Oh, hi. We're just warning Kadence over here to keep you alive. You heard what happened to his old partner?" The one who hadn't spoken before says, the other one just looking at her. Micah is sat quietly, he just wasn't going to stoop to their level. "He sliced him into pieces, there was hardly anything left of Styles." The other boy says, and Micah clears his throat. "Really? Because I heard I burnt him to death. Or did I drown him?" Micah finally says, fuck it, he was going to stoop to their level if they were going to keep lying like this.

Nikki looks around at the boys to Micah before crossing her arms and looking up at the boys. "Look, even if I believed that bullshit, I can keep myself alive." She says to them. Her eybrows raised and she winks at one of them jokingly before pushing past them and sitting down next to Micah. She might not have liked her partner, but he was still her partner nonetheless.

"It's your funeral." The boys say as they walk away shrugging. Micah looks at Nikki, his eyebrows raised, before he grabs his apple core and stands up, walking to a bin and putting it in before he walked away and down a hallway to where he knew the pods were kept. Their pod would be in there. He knew why he had walked away, it was because he didn't want her sympathy. She only sat with him because she was 'supporting' him. He didn't need her support, he needed his own and that was it.

Nikki gives a frustrated sigh and stands up as well. She grabs the bowl she left at her old table and put it on the dirty dishes table before walking after Micah to the pod room. She mumbled a few 'not so nice' words under her breath on the way. He could have at least said something. "Asshole." She says, a bit to loud as she walks into the pod room.

Micah hears her as he studies the pod they were going to be using to get to Earth. "Shut up." He says back and just carries on looking at it before he hears the alarm that meant that it was time for assignments to begin immediately. Professors and the commander were now not allowed to speak to the partners unless it was to give orders, and this meant that they were completely alone. Micah walks around to a cupboard that was attached to a wall and pulls out one large backpack, slinging it onto his back.

Nikki had the sudden urge to smash his face in, but she stopped herself. She had great self control. She grabs her own backpack and slung it over her shoulder. She pushes some loose hair out of her face and looks at their pod nervously. That thing was taking them to earth. She pushed her nerves away again and just stood there, her eyes flowing over every inch of the pod, her mind telling her not to trust it, but her heart saying the exact opposite.

Micah glances at Nikki and then back at the pod before he steps towards it and recalls his only pod training that he had received last year. Styles had taught him how to handle one, but he knew that this pod would be automatic, flown by controls in the command centre by trained professionals to get them to this island. Micahs heart stops when a loud buzz is heard in the room, followed by the doors of the pod opening, and the words "you may now enter the pod."

Nikki shrugs and climbs into the pod, buckling the seat belt automatically and tapping her foot on the metal floor. Everything she had ever learned about Earth flying through her brain, making her remember it, making it stick in her. Soon that was the only thing she could see, the words flying past her eyes, images of plants, everything.

Micah climbs into the pod and takes his seat, buckling his seat belt as the doors close around them. He remembered last time he had got inside a pod, Styles by his side, laughing and joking and both expecting to come back alive. But most of all he remembered how it had felt when the pod had been released, that sick feeling that had filled his stomach, the actual sick that had come from Styles. They hadn't gone to Earth. The pod had flown them to a nearby area that was hard to reach without a pod, it was only a short journey. The journey to Earth would be longer, and the release would be worse. A count down began. Ten, nine, eight... Micah clenched his fingers and gripped onto his seat, his mouth in a tight straight line. Seven, six, five, four... He glances at Nikki for a moment, studying her reactions, then back at the front of the pod. Three, two, one. Released. The floor below them was gone, the pod lurching into action and dropping so fast that Micahs breath was taken, his stomach feeling like it was going to be outside of his body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back