• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Academy of the Protection.

Nikki's eyes snapped shut, the information stopped spinning around her and now she was falling. She gripped her knees tightly with her hands, her teeth gritting together. She felt like her heart wouldbfly through her mouth at any time, along with the rest of her organs. If there was something about this school that she disliked it was definitely the way they send the students off to their tasks.

Micah was about to grab Nikki's hand, more for his comfort than for hers, when they stopped falling and instead were flying slowly towards earth. His fingers unclenched and his stomach was finally settling, he breathed deeply and gulped. It was much worse than it had ever been before, if Styles had been here then vomit would be all over them both, Micah felt so sick that he thought he would throw up, but he couldn't look weak in front of Nikki. Manson. He didn't know what to call her now that they were on the task.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikki's eyes pop back open and her body relaxes as they fly. She wanted to laugh about how bad that was, but she didn't. She didn't want to seem stupid. She looks over to Micah to see his face was pale, and she was sure hers was too. She clears her throat and brushes her hair back, noting that it had fallen from it's ponytail. Her brown hair now framed her face, and stuck to her slightly sweaty neck.

Micah runs his hands through his hair, feeling the sweat. His hands were shaky and he let out another breath, before he fully relaxed. He didn't say anything to Nikki for a while, his eyes focused on the ground. Eventually though, the silence ate through him, and he chewed his lip before finally saying something. "We have to find fresh water first, okay?" His priority was water, food, shelter. He didn't know what Nikki's was but, if she had any priorities she should tell him, or he would take charge.

Nikki nods and puts her hair back into a ponytail. "We should.. build a shelter up high. To keep away from the creatures on the ground." She says, and nods again. They needed to discuss what they did on the way there so that as soon as they land they can set out to get busy before dark.

"There could be creatures in the trees, too," Micah points out, looking at Nikki now. "But they will probably be less dangerous than on the ground... Maybe." Micah didn't know where would be safest, he just knew fresh water would be their first key to survival. "We need a shelter near fresh water. We can walk for food, but not too far away. And we need weapons, for protection." Micah leans forward and grabs his backpack which he had thrown on the floor. He opens it and looks inside it. Knives, a sword, excellent, that's what he excelled at.. There were other things in there too. Rope, a small medical kit, not enough for serious injuries, a sleeping bag. His backpack had his name on. That meant the sword was meant for him, like it was personalised. He looks over at Nikki. "Whats in your backpack?"

Nikki pulls her pack up on her lap and looked through it. "Med kit, machete, climbing rope with harnesses, flint and steel for fire, and a sleeping bag." She says, listing the things that were in her bag. They knew her, she was better of high up on a mountain or in a tree. She didn't care much for weapons, she was more hands on. A master of Mixed Martial Arts as well as a black belt in Karate. She didn't brag, though.

"Nice." Micah nods and looks out of the window of the pod, seeing Earth coming closer and closer. God it looked so beautiful, he wished that the human race had never had to leave, but then would he be here today? Suddenly something blows in the pod, something had gone horribly wrong and it was evident. Voices came through on the speaker but it couldn't quite be overheard with the beeping of the pod. Micahs eyes widen and he shoves his backpack underneath his seat and looks at Nikki. He didn't know what to do, he couldn't fly an automatic machine. Something is finally heard over the beeping, the commander shouting to them. "We're going to land you on the nearest island."

Nikki looks at Micah and nods before bracing herself. This was supposed to be a survival mission. It wouldn't really work out if they didn't survive the landing. She takes a deep breath and leans her head back, her eyes closing and her teeth clenched tight.

Micah closes his eyes and copies Nikki's actions before he hears the gears shift ready for landing. He holds into the seat tightly and he feels it as the pod drops again, heading straight for the nearest island. It would be somewhere that nobody had been for years and years, a dangerous place. This was going to make things ten times harder than they needed to be.

She heard the beeping, the shuddering of the pod made her sicker thanbshe was before and she held back her throw up. She bit down hard on her lip and tightens her grip as the pod drops again and her stomach flips. Her brain was rattling in her skull, and she used her foot to keep her bag from flipping around.

The pod began to shake violently and Micah couldn't help it anymore as he grabbed Nikki's arm tightly. He opens his eyes for a moment but closes them immediately as his stomach does another flip and he uses his free hand to cover his mouth. He really felt like he was going to throw up. Suddenly, they collided with hard ground, and if it hadn't been that they were wearing seatbelts they would have collided with the window in front of them.

When Micah grabbed her arm she gasped and puts her hand over his, but she quickly moves it when they hit the ground. As soon as the pod collided with the ground it was as if the world was in slow motion. Nikki's head snaps forward, then when the pod came to a complete stop her head went back slamming against the metal wall behind her, and that was it. Her body went limp and blood trickled from her head.

Micah moved his arm as they hit the ground and put his arms around his head. As he snapped forwards and then backwards again, pain shot through the arm that had cushioned the blow, and he let out a yelp. He looked around him, the pod had stopped, and it was eerily silent, light streaming through the window where it wasn't covered by plants. He looks at Nikki and immediately unbuckles his seat belt and moves over to her. She was unconscious. He unbuckles her seat belt and pulls her into his arms before he lays her on the floor of the pod, wiping the blood from her face.

She felt peaceful, and for a while she felt as if she was at her house, her father waking her up in the morning for daily training. Then going inside for lunch with her mother. But then she woke up, and reality came crashing down on her like a house. She was on Old Earth, not New Earth. She wasn't with her family she was with her partner. She groans loudly at the pain in her head and tries to open her eyes. Her vision was blurry, but after a few seconds it was back to 20/20 and she saw Micah's face.

Micah had been repeating "don't be dead" out loud for what seemed like an hour but was actually only five minutes. When Nikki opened her eyes finally he let out a large sigh of relief and relaxed his posture slightly before he moves around and pulls Nikki's body up slightly and props her against the seats so that she was upright. He moves her hair back out of her face and is kneeling next to her, his hands moving in front of her eyes. "Can you see? Can you hear?" He asks, his voice confident. She was alive and that was all that mattered for now.

The words were loud and she flinched. "Yeah." She whispers, her voice was hoarse, and her head pounded. She brings her hand up to her head and felt the blood, and then she gives a light sigh. "Are we on Earth?" She asks, but she knew the answer.

"We're on Earth." Micah stands up and pulls his backpack on, before he pulls Nikki's on as well. One on each side. He didn't think she should be carrying it right now. He offers a hand to her and waits for her to take it so he could pull her up. "Can you walk? Do you hurt anywhere." He shifts the weight of the backpacks slightly, they weren't too heavy.

"Just my head." She says before grabbing his hand and allowing him to help her. "I can carry that." She says, but before she could take her pack from Micah her knees go week and she nearly falls over. Luckily, she leaned against the wall of the pod to stop herself. "Jesus." She whispers sharply and puts her hand to her head. She regained her composure and stood back up, this time her knees weren't giving out and she'd be able to walk.

"No. No I will carry it." He says and he grabs Nikki's arm and pulls her towards him so she isn't leaning against the wall anymore. He walks towards the door to the pod and pushes it open, its stiff but he manages it. He then moves back to Nikki. "Tell me again. Can. You. Walk?" If she couldn't walk then he'd leave her in here and he'd use what he could to bring water and food to her. But if she could, then he would take her with him.

"Yes, I can walk." She says taking her arm from him and walks out of the door to see the island that they landed on. The trees were tall, and they were overgrown with vines. The sun shown down on them like a spotlight, causing Nikki to put her hand over her eyes. The sun on New earth wasn't as bright as this. She sighs, then turns towards Micah. "Look, I'm fine, Kadence." She says and rubs her shoulder slightly, getting the kink out of it.

"You might have a concussion or something." Micah shrugs his shoulders and walks out of the door, squinting. It was so bright... He shifts the weight and begins to stands next to Nikki. "We need to find water first, like we said." He looks around and then kneels down slightly feeling underneath the leaves for dampness.

"Right." Nikki says and walks over to a tree. "Coconuts." She says, and then knocks on the bark of the tree. "They're a good source of protein, if you can get them open." She says and shrugs. The coconut tree was only supposed to be around twenty feet tall, but seeing as everything was enhanced it was double that height, maybe even more. "I'll climb up there if we come back to this spot." She says and walks over to Micah.

"Yeah. Okay." He says and looks up at the tree, everything here made him feel small. He walks in a random direction, every so often he kneels down and feels underneath the leaves. They were getting closer to water. He keeps walking, and he turns to look at Nikki for a moment before all of a sudden he trips, and falls face first into freezing cold water.

Nikki gasps and runs to help him. She grabs his hand and pulls him back to shore. "It's so cold." She whispers and then she quickly takes the packs off of him. She digs in her own, thankful that the bags were waterproof, and she pulls out her flint and steel. "I'll start a fire, then we can get some water."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back