• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Zao (Animals)

Will you join when the time comes?

• I shall follow you to the end of Zao

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think I'd rather drown myself in Dyo.

• I'll have to wait and see

• Total voters

DemonKitten

Handler of Souls, Destroyer of Hearts

The World Of Zao

This will be a discover and explore roleplay that will have random events set up by GM. There will be many NPC and I will be looking for one other person to control NPC. This is something that you can build so if you created a Lycos that was raised in a Pack than you would prepare information on that pack including who is alpha and what not. They are now considered NPC under your control, unless you see one you want to remove from NPC status. People are welcome to add to existing NPC Clans and what not, if they would like.

This roleplay will hopefully reach all points of Zao and leave us with a fully created world before this roleplay ends. The ending will be well...I can't spoil the fun can I.

This roleplay will not take place until a couple more weeks. Summer time for me.

Where are we?

If you didn’t think to google translate, Zao means Animals in Greek. Zao is located in the Galaxy of the Southern Pinwheel. This Planet is a very lush and vibrant planet with two major oceans, many rivers and lakes, many different environment types. Zao’s two major bodies of water are called Enas and Dyo. Enas largely covers the southern part of Zao and Dyo the northern. There are also many Tribes, Clans, Kingdoms, and so on and so forth on this planet. Zao also contains one major mountain range called Gi Ton Lofon or land of hills (Zao people are clever). This is home to one of the largest and long surviving pack of Lycos Zaonian, but you will learn more about that later.

History Time

There is something that stands out on Zao and it is the animals of Zao and their people. It is said that hundreds of thousands of years ago an animal and a Zaonian combined themselves into one, but you can read more about that in the Fairy tale lore. Zaonians have since than diverged into many sub-species of themselves, usually following the path of their parents and home. Zao has always been a decently peaceful place, but for too long they have remained separate and hidden from others, some even tossing out their young that do not follow in their footsteps. They rely too deeply on their community, forgetting that Zao is a community itself. The City of Mutts or Meigma (means mix) has always been keen on bring together the world and all its people, but everyone is stuck in their ways and ignores the council that runs the city. The world is no longer peaceful though. These creatures called the Trelos have started to destroy cultures to extinction, corrupt the land they walk on, and transform the animals into rabid beast.

This is where you come in. You have been called to Meigma with a cry for help. Most of you are keen to run away from the trapped life you have lived, some wish to stay in their village, but are pushed by some unknown force, and others have nowhere else to go. You aren’t really sure why you were chosen, just that you received a letter from a pigeon telling you that it was your destiny. Perhaps it has something to do with the Trelos or perhaps it’s something else. All you know is that you’ve never felt so alone.

Zaonians

Zaonian’s speak can speak many languages in the world, but Greek and English are the widely used. (I’d make my own language, but that would take years) They are a very diverse looking humanoids that can look similar to the animal they mark or as normal as someone you might see. Some Zaonians have longer life spans than others, some to the point of immortality, but weaknesses they all have. Zaonian people are categorized in sub-species by the animal they mark. From there you just call them by the type of that animal like this: Zaonian Lycos Wolf. Here is a starting list (more will come. If you don’t see it, suggest it and I will add it).

• Lycos- are wolf or dog like subspecies (including fox) (no breeds that look human made) that are very close to their family. They are raised with high family values and undying loyalty.
  • Gata- whether house cat or Tiger these are the ones most likely to be seen outside their clans. Lion like Gata are the only ones that rely heavily on a hierarchy.
  • Ouranos- are birds like ones that can vary very much depending on the specific bird.
  • Alepou- these are your small, predatory animals like ferrets and raccoons (red panda here)
  • Arkouda- are bear like creatures of all sorts except Koala, because it isn’t a bear.
  • Sakoula- are your pouched animals like koala, kangaroo, and sugar glider.
  • Troktiko- these are your rodents, if you need to know if yours fits just ask.
  • Moura- are your small bug or plant eating mammals like ant-eater or porcupines
  • Oples- are any of your hoofed species.
  • Nero- are your dolphins and whales. Any large mammal of the ocean
  • Psari- are your fish wither predator or prey (including shark).
  • Erpon- these are your snakes and lizards, esc.
  • Amfivio- are your turtles and newts
  • Mythikos- these are the animals that do not fit with the normal places like chimera or dragon.

Traditions

At the age of 8, most Zaonian children meet eyes with their destined animals. This is the one tradition that stays the same throughout Zao. On their 8th birthday they are sent out to meet their destined partner forever. As soon as your eyes meet, you start to transform. Some children are raised with a particular animal to be their destined animal, others just wander upon it. Most animals stay with their Zaonian child, but sometimes a child is just given a gift and the animal leaves.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

*Smells the idea*

......Very unique Oder

*Smells again*

Im interested.....seems this will be on the stove!

Sorry always do that xD Vut im interested and i have somthing minde alredy o3o

*Clings on ya Back*

Indeed

*snif ya hair*

.....I smell RP ideas in here!

The week after this week. I finish finals during that time so Work and Twitch will be my only distractions

The Gods and Goddesses of Zao

There are many deities that the Zaonians worship (More to come)

• Ola- is the intersex God/Goddess of the Zao world. More powerful than all the others, Ola keeps the peace in the world and the order going. Ola’s emotions affect the world, but normally has an even temper. Ola does not marry and has been known to have many lovers including humans. Ola’s symbol is an infinity symbol. Ola does not have a specific appearance.

• Alati- is the female Goddess of the waters. Being a mermaid like creature, she is worshiped by all those that are one with water like species and abilities. She is the one who graced her own heritage to her children who showed the same promise. She causes floods, provides water to the sky, and keeps the water pure.

• Thana- is the Goddess of the dead. She is similar to a bird carrying of the dead to a place where they shall be protected. She is the least worshiped of the Gods and Goddesses since most fear death. She knows who, when, and why someone will die. She can even save and prolong life.

• Omar- is the God of beauty and love taking the form of many beautiful pelted animals. He is very vain god, but also loving god. He is said to been lover to many goddesses and Gods being a very bisexual man. He is the protector of the beautiful. He is also the son of Ola.

• Mousiki- is the goddess of music and healing. She takes form of many singing animals, but her main appearance is of a unicorn. She is the creator of music and gracious the ability of healing to her children. The daughter of Omar and

• Machi- is the Goddess of war. She is a strict, sometimes brutal Goddess that can take the form of the most powerful of creatures. She is known to ride on the back of her dragon and fight alongside those that which pray for her strength. She is the sister of Mousiki.

• Kyna- is the huntress, protector of the prey and predator, and protector of woman in child birth. She is the Goddess they pray for when they go to hunt and for when birth is about to occur. She takes the form of the most skilled hunters, but also the weakest of prey.

• Sofian- is the God of Wisdom. A very wise God that protects the precious gift of knowing. He takes the form of the wisest of animals, but is seen most as an owl.

• Fotia- is the goddess of Fire, forge, and peace. Though it is her job to provide every animal and person on Zao there weapons like claws for cats, she is a very peaceful Goddess. She fawns over Omar and is the daughter of Thana.

• Soi- is the God of Home and tradition. Takes the form of the most pack like animals. He protects traditions and lore. He keeps the stories going and teaches children that family and community are important. He is a very well loved God by many.

• Tala- is the youngest Goddess and the trouble maker. She likes to pull pranks on the other Gods and the people below. She is childlike and the protector of innocence. She takes the form of young animals and brings messages to the other Gods. She is the daughter of Thana.

• Epochi- is the God of Seasons and Harvest. He takes the form of many nature helping animals. He is a very beautiful, sweet God that has a light touch. He is the son of Ola.

i realized i have a question with the whole animal donding thing do these zao like turn into half the animal and half human ?

They can, they can also only receive the abilities, or they can almost be the animal. It really can vary.

You would choose since it is starting after you are 8. 8 is usually when you went through it so this will be after

DemonKitten said:
You would choose since it is starting after you are 8. 8 is usually when you went through it so this will be after
Wouldn't you think 8 is sorta young though? Here's a quote from a RP wiki guide thing:

It is discouraged to play children younger than the age of twelve. To roleplay someone must be able to appropriately interact with other characters, as well as understand basic etiquette and have knowledge of their surroundings. It has been obvious in the past that characters younger than twelve do not often have a chance to develop due to their mental development and limitations.

You aren't playing children that are 8. I am saying that only children that are 8 go through the "meeting your animals" while anyone older has already went through it so you can choose what animal you are because you will be older

DemonKitten said:
You aren't playing children that are 8. I am saying that only children that are 8 go through the "meeting your animals" while anyone older has already went through it so you can choose what animal you are because you will be older
-faceplam- I knew that... >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back