• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Yuheng's Art of Love (Wuxia) (Looking for people)

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
The year is 821 AGM. The emperor Yao Taizang rules over the Taizang Palace. He grows old. Soon enough one of the princes will be named emperor. Many are wondering who will be named Empress in the near future alongside the new Emperor. Yao is a wise and powerful man who has a great appreciation for martial arts, art, music and poetry. The country of Jianyu has grown prosperous under his reign. Although he has fell under a sickness and has realized that he will die soon. With two twin sons, many wonder who will be named Emperor.

Jianyu
The main country in which this RP resides. It is ruled by Yao Taizang. Under his rule the country has flourished in an age of Enlightenment.
Many schools of martial arts have risen up in the last 250 years to combat the growing concerns of supernatural attacks from demons.
In Jianyu knowledge, music, art and martial arts are valued incredibly. Jianyu is also incredibly rich in business and science.
Both spirits and humans alike are free to live together in harmony in Jianyu.

Wei
A militaristic country ruled by a Queen. The country has been to 13 wars within the last decade with various countries and has one each and every one.
Many countries have tried to attempt to marry the queen to no avail.
While the country is very militarized, however the country continues to flourish with a mostly free capitalist society with little harsh enforcement.
The country is noted for it's cold northern snowy landscape and the country is always trading with other countries.

Arkas
A country off to west. Not much is known about the country.

Various other countries
Many other countries exist within Asia and parts of Europe.

Intelligent Races:

Playable:
Human - The most prominent race in Jianyu, Humans have existed since the beginning of civilizations on Earth.

Yokai: Human-like race that consists of people who have animal-like characteristics. In more ancient times Yokai were facing more difficult discrimination although as of the last couple hundred years most countries have had humans and spirits live together in relative harmony.

Unplayable:
Demons: Demons are infrequent. Not much is known about demons to the general populace. They always seem to have malicious intentions and require a group of trained hunters well versed in specific martial arts to combat them when they appear.

Supernatural Beings: There are various supernatural races that are found in various countries. Sometimes they are spirits of past mortals and sometimes they are spirits of an ideal or a location that they guard. Spirits are to treated with honor and respect. However sometimes a spirit can go out of control. The Lunar Fang Sect is often sent to deal with the various supernatural beings to appease them and resolve any problems.

Martial Arts Sects:​

Heavenly Blade Army: The army of Jianyu. One must go through martial arts training at the Heavenly Temple before joining the army. The Heavenly Blade sect is notable for a completely combat and battlefield focused training. There is a strict focus on diverse weaponry and advanced tactics. The army is the main defense of Jianyu. Providing soldiers when war is necessary.

Lunar Fang Sect: The Lunar Fang Sect is a rather tame sect trained to deal with Ghosts and Other Supernatural entities. They are trained to appease supernatural beings and guide misguided souls to the afterlife. One must be born with the ability to see Supernatural Beings to become a member of the Lunar Fang Sect. The sect functions as ambassadors and peacemakers and are held with high respect.

Moon Demon Sect: A group of specialized hunters who undergo rigorous and secretive training in order to combat Demons. The Moon Demon Sect is noted by many of it's members freely traveling the land to deal with demons. Due to the amount of unformal organization in the sect, it is quite hard for one to easily reach contact with members of the sect.

Yuheng's Art of Love is a semi-wuxia inspired setting in which my character Yuheng travels throughout Jianyu to write a novel of her own experiences about love and war.
There might be involvement of combat, war, conflict, and battle. But there also might be romance, business, interaction and day to day life drama or politics and societal roles playing out.

Not every character has to or should have anything to do with battle or martial arts. Feel free to make a merchant or a poet, an artist, a prince or princess or whatever.
This is an RP focused at deriving a whole view of life in an 8th century inspired semi-fantasy world with both fantasy and mundane elements. It is a balance of both the romantic and Fantasy elements of the setting.

There are a few roles that are important to fill out but everything and anything goes. You can be pretty much anything within reason of the setting that you would expect exists in a society based off medieval china. Pretty great right? I still reserve the right to decide things in the end and deny or ask people to change things, of-course.

You can leave the RP and Join back later. Yep I really don't understand the whole someone leaving and never being allowed to change their mind or end up having more time for the RP later and not being able to join back in. You can come back anytime and I'll simply find some plot reason to bring you back in and it's all good, assuming you left and I didn't have to kick you out.

Needed roles:
1st Prince of Jianyu -
2nd Prince of Jianyu -

Last edited:
Ooh could be interested!

What are the posting requirements?
And how much background knowledge do you expect about the setting?

(Hi Ayama!)

Ooh could be interested!

What are the posting requirements?
And how much background knowledge do you expect about the setting?

(Hi Ayama!)
I don’t really have posting requirements. I tend to not have any unless it becomes a problem.

I think it would be beneficial to have some knowledge about the setting but it’s not necessary

I don’t really have posting requirements. I tend to not have any unless it becomes a problem.

I think it would be beneficial to have some knowledge about the setting but it’s not necessary

Ok cool, so a post once a week is OK?

I have watched a few wuxia movies/tv shows and read Water Margin and Journey to the West ... 🤔

Honestly I don't know my Wuxia all that well. Would making a mercenary captain seeking a noble title work? The focus of the character would be more on the politics and finances involved rather than the actual fighting. Now that Wei at peace (if I'm reading that right) then it would make sense for him to seek out a place to settle down.

Honestly I don't know my Wuxia all that well. Would making a mercenary captain seeking a noble title work? The focus of the character would be more on the politics and finances involved rather than the actual fighting. Now that Wei at peace (if I'm reading that right) then it would make sense for him to seek out a place to settle down.
I believe it is possible to gain titles through various means but yeah honestly I'm not the best expert on wuxia either and simply just wanted to start a wuxia RP. I know from history that eunuchs eventually gained titles and I'm assuming people involved with the military could gain some although I could be wrong.

Also interested! Last wuxia I was in didn't last too long, so if there's a royal who needs a bodyguard, I'll spin him up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back