Your first RP character

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey peeps, do you remember your first RP character? I do, and I thought it might be fun to swap stories.

My first roleplay character was for an urban fantasy RP. This was before Avatar, but she could use all four elemental magics - fire, air, earth, and water. Her name was Izzy, and I used a dress-up doll site and photoshop to create a sprite for her. She wore everything I thought was cool when I was in middle school - goth clothes like fishnets and combat boots with neon green trim. You know that joke about "Timmy's first OC?" Yeah. That was Izzy for me. Snarky, wise-cracking goth girl.

Must've gotten three posts in, tops. Great precedent to set. Next character was a living cloud of toxic poison who was totes emo, you can tell i totally took a step up in edginess.

How about you guys?

If we want to go by originality, my first character was a Slime Girl by the name of Emily. She's gone through a couple of iterations, but the main concept is that somehow, she is devoid of anger, hate, and similar emotions - She is completely unable to feel them at all, either via magical means or because she was just born with it somehow. This causes problems for her as these Slimes are particularly known for their intense hatred for mankind, while Emily's just afraid of them. This gets her picked on and bullied a lot, and she lives a pretty miserable life as a result. Her late brother even attempted to assassinate her, but her older sister stopped him (Not before he managed to kill her only child, though).

If we're going by technicality here, then it was myself. As a combination of all the Links I knew at the time. Go figure  :smile9:

My first RP character ever was on a Nintendo games forum called miiverse, I think I remember a Zelda themed RP where I controlled midna & a few of the four swords links.

my first RP character on this site I believe was either a deer police officer (from a zootopia based RP) or an elderly man of 70 years in a zombie appocolypse the,eyed rp.

My very first I can't remember... it was warrior cats based I'm pretty sure but specifics are lost. What I do remember is that my first within my memory's reach was the worst self insert, borderline cliche, Mary Sue you could imagine. Hell, I'm not gonna go into specifics because of how embarrassing it was now that I think about it. >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god, if I tried to explain my first RP character it would take forever to use enough adjectives to describe all the shit he had.

Bottom line, really overpowered neko character, was great.

My first char was a white/silver furred cat x3 (since it was a Warriors rp). He was lean, and sleek, and he was both a tad dorky and a tad cool. He was a good character. Not trying to overcompensate anything, or wish-fulfill anything. Just a solid, well-rounded character. Maybe a tad too nice, but he did end up in a relationship with his younger apprentice XD so yeah. I miss Spiritwing (i believe that was his name..) it was like... 10 years or so ago lmao

Weeeelll. That depends if you mean the first character made specifically for roleplaying then

Amie/Adelaide LeBelle.

Super french. ( sometimes toned down to just kind of stereotypically french in deference to other people's feelings )

Depending on where she was set - 

Succubus : emotion eating vampire with social anxiety

Mutant - basically rogue with social anxiety

She might have been a witch a time or to.

But usually that was Adelaide more than Amie

Adelaide was basically Amie without the edge.

She mostly liked to bake what I thought was french food ( lol i meant adelaide was a master baker at like ten. cuz whatever realism. )

She was a little ball of energy and awesome frenchness.

In case you missed the memo I was super big on the french as a teen for some reason. 

Would that make you... a Pariaboo?

(there's weaboo and teaboo and pariaboo was the best i could come up with.)

Would that make you... a Pariaboo?

(there's weaboo and teaboo and pariaboo was the best i could come up with.)

I literally could not tell you why I made them both french ( mostly I think they were sisters/cousins too. It's been awhile so I can't remember exactly how I explained their relations ). I just know that for whatever reason I doubled down on the Frenchness every chance I got. I dunno cuz french people where cool to teen me. I do not even know why. 

Ohhhhhh boy... Ohhhh boy oh boy.

My first RP character was perhaps one of my favourite, and while he's not been my worst character, he was pretty ott.

Jack Magnússon, a teenage Viking in a magical school RP. He had access to a LOT of magic, but he couldn't actually use it very well and instead solved all his problems by blowing them the fuck up. He was fun, a prankster style character. Needless to say I still like RPing as a doofus every now and again, and I've always had a soft spot for playing a rebel :P

Oh I remember mine, ''twas a wolf with a shadow based ability, I know I know kinda lame but I was rather proud of it

My first character was a Chzech girl who came from a super religious family, and did just about anything to rebel against it. So I let her work in a bar (even though she was underage) and she joined a reality tv program on a creepy island. The RP died pretty early in, but I remember that I was about 90% sure she'd die or kill someone by the end of it.

a total edgelord pretty-boy with a fancy sword (it can cut anything, if it can't cut your character clean in half then you're godmoding so shut up you're dead) Of course he was also the most powerful magic user and the broodiest guy around, even though other people had more problems his problems were clearly the worst, even when they're not. Everyone who didn't like him was probably a bad guy, like the worst kind of bad guy. Did I mention his flowing silver locks, jaw that very well could have been chiseled from stone, and purple eyes that sparkled like amethysts in the light of his planets FOUR suns? They're VERY important. now look at this new, unforeshadowed power, that I just made up, because I win.

My first character was someone's else character, a naruto OC named Akari. This was of course... seven years ago?

Untitled-Stitched-02.jpg

First character was in an LOTR RP, pretty active and large. Like 20 people. I was lucky enough to get a pretty powerful faction. The character was a Half-Elf mercenary turned King of Rohan called Dimitri. Not really edgy, I actually got help from a IRL DM making it. Did pretty good, and captured much of the west after orcs seized Bree and stuff. Then the Titans came, and they utterly destroyed me with power/meta/godmodding.

My very first character was cringe very ... blegh. He was an Ethiopian man, but he had a Japanese name, Ryuunosuke - but everyone called him Ryunn. He grew up in Ethiopia dirt ass poor with only his mother and himself, and his mother was terribly ill so basically it was only him. Oh damn, I'm cringing so much already. One day he decided to steal medicine for his mother from some stand thingy idk and got caught stealing and got his arm cut off as a punishment. So he grew up with one arm and his mom eventually died and then was raised in an orphanage where he was abused until  he was old enough to move to America and there he met a scientist who gave him an op af mechanic arm and it could turn into anything he wanted at will and he was super hot and athletic and so nice and had 1,000 girls in love with him and sometimes he got angry but he was still nice and everyone loved him and ... yeah ... Idek??? I was a weird 13 year old.

My first RP character was one of my Neopets. An orphaned Ixi with emerging dark magic abilities, who would hide away in her room or run away from home frequently. Very angst-y.

After I stopped playing Neopets, I didn't have an outlet for roleplay for several years. My first character upon finding a new RP community (on Runescape this time) was still rather cliche, but I've re-worked her details several times and she's one of my favorite characters to use today. Elin, who is also an orphan, and an extreme tomboy who rejects all "girly" roles and social norms. Originally, she was a runaway princess who succeeded in quickly learning any skill she had an interest in from fighting to mining to cooking (she was the character I imagined behind my runescape avatar/player character, so naturally she had every in-game skill I worked on). I later removed the royalty-origins from her history, and learned to better balance out her skills and talents. Also originally she wore an eyepatch just for fun (I had justified it using that myth buster's episode about how pirates may have worn them to keep one eye adjusted to the dark, since Elin was sometimes a miner). Now she actually needs the eyepatch, because she had one eye put-out by a villain in her backstory. I only use her in medieval-fantasy settings, and have the strict rule that she is 100% human, mortal, and can't use magic.

my first OC. Umbriere "Umbrie" Aniri was founded in like late 1994/early 1995ish. i was in primary school and playing dungeons and dragons second edition in the school RPG club that posed as a drama club as a cover to escape the prejudice of the era before. she was a Nyxad or Night Nymph, which were essentially a less evil reskin of the Drow that were also less edgy. she was also a Spellcloak which was a fancy title for a multiclass assassin/illusionist and she was of noble blood and highly educated. not only due to the matriarchal bent of her species but also due to the fact her mother was a noble nymph who fled to live among humans and study alchemy which most Nymphs were judgemental about. she was friendly and amiable, approachable and sweet, but also dedicated to her family and willing to do some pretty cruel and evil things to others as a means to protect her friends and family. family took priority over friends, but she was an immortal but sickly faerie who literally couldn't stay dead because she was a fey of a higher caliber and she wasn't really a prankster unlike most fey. she was more altruistic than most members of the Seelie court, and growing up among humans, she was Courtless. she went through a lot of suffering due to the guilt of the jobs she worked to support her family, but tried her best to be Altruistic, Optimistic and Cheerful and generally put the well being of her family above that of herself,

the images are literally 15 years newer than the character but they were modern re-imaginings edited by a friend on another site on my behalf.

Umbrie Gothloli.jpg

umbri uniform mode.jpg

Hm. It's good to learn a little humility.

My first character was one of the characters that I now hate the most.

She wasn't an edgelord- god, I'm glad I never made one of those- but she was an emo teen that hated people and always tried to be alone and wanted people to know that she was an emo fuck.

Her brother got jumped when they were younger so she grew up bitchy and mistrusting.

...That's really it. She had no personality or defining traits about her to be brutally honest to my 12 year old self.

Dang, my first RP character was on a Star Wars RP (sith vs Jedi) and I was a leader of the greatest warriors/races in the galaxy who also rode and tamed the most dangerous beasts who had there own planet and such and such. I also half ruled the Mandalorian empire and had the dark saber. It took place with me helping the Jedi attack Naboo and rescuing it from sith control. I rper with someone from above can you guess who it is?!

First I can think of was in a Mech RP that didn't get far.

I played a middle-aged trucker dude. Ex-military type turned freelance mercenary. Not particularly interesting, didn't get far.

First RP character on this site in particular was more fun. I played an alien werewolf ambassador with a superiority complex, who transformed his own body fat into diamonds.

The first oc I had, well she was a naruto character named Emi. She started as a  platinum blonde girl with short hair that transformed some how into a dragon. 

Then I completely stripped her down. Renamed her Tsukiko-Miyu, gave her crystal power and a twin brother and made her albino. There are probably some other stuff that had happened in-between but that is basically what happened. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back