What's new

Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

XtaticSoda

Procrastination Demon
Thats a hard one to answer. I was a 90s child who grew up on all the old Americanized shows. I think my first would be either pokemon or digimon. Thinking waaaaay back to an early saturday morning when my cousin asked which i would prefer, because they both aired at the same time.

As for like, first series in japanese. The very first thing I ever saw was an episode of M.A.R, and I remember thinking, Why is this in another language, this is weird. I closed the tab.
Years later in junior high, I was watching bleach and decided to see if I could find the next episode online. Instead i found the next 200 episodes I didn't know existed. Then I found out that the voices in Japanese, along with the dialogue and acting, was much better. Thus my eyes were opened.

twotonedwap

Just passing by...
Dbz was the first ever anime I got introduced to, but cowboy bebop was the first anime I actually watched throughly and enjoyed.

nerdy tangents

Icon from picrew
Sailor Moon, currently rewatching it now. I vividly remember renting the movie from Blockbuster and jamming out to the theme song with my middle sister.

sugarleaf

a cosmic confluence of pyramids hologrammed
My first anime was Toradora! I was like 8 at the time, so I only vaguely remember it, but I do remember it being an odd experience. It was the first show I watched that was in a foreign language so that had a lot to do with it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)