Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

It was either Galaxy Express 999 or Grave of the Fireflies. I know they were the first anime that I saw for quite some time. Not the lightest fare to start on but definitely made an impact on me.

it was this one called 'dn angel'. it's pretty obscure i'd say, still can't find anyone who knows it. anyway, i remember it was airing on the tv back when i was super young and it was the first anime i recall watching.

It's a fun one. Short but sweet. I remember the romantic twist being well done.

At first, I was gonna say Pokemon, but then I remember I saw Yugioh first.

When I was 3 years old, and my parents had the tv turned on to kids WB, I watched Yugi duel Kaiba, and when I saw the duel happen, I was like, "This is nice. I wish I was there. Is this actually happening?"

To this day, I still play Yugioh

My first 3 were K-On!, Glitter Force Doki Doki, and Lolirock. I watched all of K-On! And watch it sometimes, but i like it. Glitter Force Doki Doki was amazing to me when i was 6. I wanted to be there so badly. I even was Glitter Spade for halloween that year. Lolirock i liked very much

Last edited:
My first actual anime was Ponyo, which I watched with my mother at a theatre, I really loved the movie (and I still do) so I first got introduced to anime that way. My first two animes series were Sergeant Keroro and Crayon Shin-chan, which I all watched as an eight year old girl, which I probably shouldn't have been doing lmaoo

Hmm! I don't remember mine exactly! I think it was Tokyo Mew Mew! My mom likes manga so she checked it out from the library. I liked the cover so I read it after her and liked it! After a bit, I discovered that it had an anime and watched it!

At least, that's what I think? There was also Naruto, Death Note, and Ouran High School Host Club

My first anime was Death Note! A friend recommended it to me, claiming it was "hands-down the best show you will ever watch." I got curious, tried it out, and fell in love. I haven't seen any other anime that tops Death Note but some, such as Code Geass, have come pretty close.

My Grandmother used to record Saturday morning cartoons on VHS and ship them to me because her area had way better channels than we got. I wore out the tapes but among them were a few episodes of Dragon Warrior and my favorite was Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs.

Ranma 1/2, Sailormoon, Dragon Ball, Record of Lodoss War . . . you know whatever you could get on VHS from Blockbusters in the 90s! XD

I don't remember if it was Sailor Moon or Ranma 1/2. A friend of mine introduced Ranma to me, then I saw Sailor Moon on TV, and I believe I was in grade school when I saw both.

The original Dragon Ball series, along with Goldorak, Saint Seiya, Moomins and City Hunter. French Dubbed.

My first was Yu Yu Hakusho when I was 7 and to this day it is still one of my favorite Animes!

I want to say mine was Digimon when I was very young but watching Naruto with my dad a few years later was what really got me into anime!

Fruits Basket! Although I have to say that since I read the manga first, I was a little disappointed with how the anime was more of a comedy when the original material was super depressing. When they announced the reboot was going to be produced by the original creator, I had high hopes- and honestly, it's delivered!

Plus it gave me my weird taste in tsundere bad boys, so it's not all bad.

When I was a child, Pokemon. I got into anime again as a teenager when I started watching Fullmetal Alchemist.

art by
arithm

Wᴀʀʀᴇɴ Bᴜʀɴs

(he/him)

ʙᴜɢʙᴇᴀʀ ʙᴀʀᴅs ᴡɪᴛʜ
ʙᴀɴᴊᴏs ʏ'ᴀʟʟ

If you count Pokémon: Indigo League, that. If not, I started with Death Note! It was a very intense experience and now I'm obsessed with finding intense, plot-driven serious animes. After that, I watched Soul Eater, Blue Exorcist, and a few others. Blue Exorcist is still my favorite to this day.

♡design by rabbitswarren, coded by uxie♡

I can definitely say that my first was the first few seasons of Pokemon... I believe some Kirby: Right Back At Ya, too. There are even some VCRs of the first Pokemon movies laying around somewhere. By the time I actually was able to tell something was anime, though, I think my gateway anime was Sword Art Online.

For most of my life I haven't really watched anime. I do remember watching a couple of episodes of Pokemon or Powerpuff Girls Z back when I was 8, but besides that I've rarely ever watched any anime.

Well, I guess if Sonic X and Kirby: Right Back at Ya count as anime, then I have seen those, but nothing other than those.

But the first anime I'm actually watching throughly, episode by episode, and planning on actually finishing, is actually one I just started watching a day or two ago, called Squid Girl. I really love it, so much that I've already finished the first season, I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to watch a short but sweet, light-hearted anime.

Oh man, I'm gonna show my age here, but waking up watching the 4chan Sailor Moon dub at 7am after Garfield was one of my earliest memories of anime. It's pretty wild to think that's what my first anime was. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back