Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

Card captor sakura for me, but theres this girly one I have a very vague memory of before that... something about sugar fairys and waffles... hm.

My first anime was Toradora! I was like 8 at the time, so I only vaguely remember it, but I do remember it being an odd experience. It was the first show I watched that was in a foreign language so that had a lot to do with it!

I've gone through so many emotions trying to remember what my first anime ever was. The first one I ever watched was probably either Pokemon or Sailor Moon. (All hail Toonami!) As I got older I'd watch on Adult Swim at night things like Yu Yu Hakusho and Inuyasha. However, I don't think I ever recognized them as anime while I was watching them. The first anime I picked out to watch because it was an anime was Ouran High School Host Club.

Of course that isn't including any Studio Ghibli movies I may have watched.

When you say anime, do you mean western localization or japan anime? There's a difference. Not being nitpicky, my first aime of any sort was original pokemon

What was the first anime you ever watched? And what did you think of it?

Mine was Naruto. :D

I didn't know about anime at the time, but I really liked Sasuke (my first anime crush lol), and I also liked Sakura. *face-palm*

I was sooo scared when Jiraiya came in, because I thought my mom was going to think I was watching something bad. xD

Honestly I can't remember what the first one I watched was. I know it's between Ouran Highschool Host Club and Girls Bravo though. I remember really enjoying the story line of Girls Bravo... It's about a boy that goes to a planet with a very low percentage of male population, so it's mostly girls. Also, he's allergic to girls but he meets a girl that's the exception. It's very perverted though. It could even be an ecchi for all I know. I love Ouran too! Very wholesome/slice of life if I remember correctly.

As for movies I know I had Howl's Moving Castle on VCR tape as a kid, same with Spirited Away. I'm unsure which I saw first but I didn't really know what anime was until I was maybe 12. The first anime movie I remember loving is Wolf Children.

Okay, Imma flex real hard here, I first watched anime when I was around 4-5!! It was only a Studio Ghibli one. It was the secret life of Arrietty. So like really kid-friendly. But yeah!!
Oh but series... does watching like 10 minutes of Yu-Gi-Oh! Count? Because if that doesn't count then Imma say Sailor Moon because I really didn't watch Yu-Gi-Oh.

Last edited:
Black Butler or Ouran High School Host Club

Sailor Moon when I was like.... forever small. I loved her. I loved the way the "cartoon" looked. Next "real" Anime was Dragon Ball Z, when I was in 4th grade. Teenage trunks was the hottest thing I'd ever seen at that point in time. Hahaha.

I think Mirai Nikki? I had never watched anime before but I always loved art so I fell into it pretty fast!

it was this one called 'dn angel'. it's pretty obscure i'd say, still can't find anyone who knows it. anyway, i remember it was airing on the tv back when i was super young and it was the first anime i recall watching.

My first anime was the original Yu-Gi-Oh series.
At the time I really enjoyed it, even made my dad teach me how to play the card game.
Now since I was cursed by the abridged series I can't enjoy it as much.

Man it’s been a LONG time. Let’s see, I want to say my first introduction to Anime might have been Akira? My older cousin was into Anime and I know he introduced me to that and Princess Mononoke (which I know was the first anime I ever bought) but I’m almost positive Akira was the first real Anime I ever watched. Which is one hell of a starting point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back