• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

fin

"all i do is finesse, man."
spectacular, spectacular

Over and over again, Peter repeated to himself that he was making the correct decision dragging these kids into his world. While some were clearly better prepared for this, Clarissa Barton and Erik Thorson coming to mind, others seemed much more undisciplined and wild. The Marlowe "twins" for instance. Hell, they weren't even related by blood, Peter knew that much, yet somehow their abilities worked in almost the exact same fashion. Then there was Gwendolyn. The "Iron Bull." He wasn't sure why Vision would include someone with a thirst for blood onto their roster. Things hadn't gone well the last time Pete tried to work with Frank Castle, and Gwen only reminded him off a teenage version of the Punisher.

Still, here he was, parking Aunt May's faded gray sedan onto the side of the road. To his right was an open field where the upstate Avengers Facility was once located. Now, it was just blanketed in a sheet of ice and snow, with flurries only continuing to drizzle in the night. The thought of stepping out into that cold forced a shudder down Peter's spine, and he only wished M.J. was doing better at the tower taking care of the other recruits.

Peter hadn't worn the costume in months, and it was an odd feeling donning it now. It felt weird, and far from right, yet with a glance down at his chest, the Spider-Emblem stared right back at him. Peter grabbed his gray, fur coat seated in the vacant passenger seat, and threw it over the red and blue. It was cold, and he wasn't going to walk outside in tights for anybody. Not even for first impression's sake. With a quick stroke at the stubble under his chin, Peter pulled the Spider-Man mask down over his head. It wasn't like it mattered anyways, they all knew who he was. Everyone did. But then again, everyone knew Tony Stark was the Iron-Man and he was nothing short of showy. The only difference between them was that Peter was an alleged murderer.

"Alright, Pete. Let's see what we've got." Parker muttered to himself. His breath was already freezing in the cold, and he found himself playing with the smokey white that escaped his lips each time he talked-- only a for a moment, before he exited the car.

"Hey Karen? Could 'ya activate the suit's heating system? It's fr... freezing." He requested.

"Activating greater heat intensity, Peter." The robotic voice echoed back. "It's been a long time since I've manipulated your outfit, sir. Not that being the host A.I. of Avengers Tower was any less gratifying."

"Don't get used to it."
He snapped back, and forced his hands into his jacket pockets with a huff. Moments later, Peter Parker stood at the center of the open field, a trail of footprints etched in snow behind him. It was 12 o'clock now, and standing before him were all the new recruits. Like him, they all seemed nervous and uneasy-- though that might've just been a cause of the weather. Still, Peter's lips curled courtly, as if tempted to smile, before reeling back down into a frown.

"My name is Peter Parker-- Spider-Man. I need your help, and I think many of you could use mine."

mood; antsy, on edge. | location; avengers facility ruins. | tags; all new recruits.​
spider-man.

code by low fidelity.

Last edited:

maude & maddox
"the copycats"

There was so much to offer in New York City, and so far, the city had been treating the Marlowes damn good before the Snap.

In comparison to the dreary little miserable town of Brockton, the Big Apple was a big ol' playground full of opportunities. Maude had been homesick for a bit, that was certain. Nothing ever compared to her hometown. But their living situation made a big upgrade once Amelia legally adopted them. They went from that shoddy old foster home, with its leaking roof and rinky dink heater, to a Brooklyn brownstone far nicer than any house in her old neighborhood. She had her own room finally, which she was over the moon about. Maddox even calmed down for a bit and tried to keep himself out of trouble. What should have been the beginning of the rest of their lives was cut short by the Snap. It was an eerie feeling, returning out of thin air after five years, and finding Amelia with new grey hairs and wrinkles. The world afterwards was so different, so terrifying. Nothing was the same; there were those first few weeks, where people cried with joy at their loved ones returns, at the world having seemingly gone back to normal. But then, the world felt tinted with grey. Recovering from the trauma was another feat entirely. Amelia begged the siblings to keep their heads low and finish high school. Trouble always seemed to find them though, in the shape of a note left on her bedroom pillow.

The night of the meeting was bitterly cold and so damn dreary. Maude had made sure to layer up in her clothes, with her thick hoodie and plaid jacket and thick warm leggings under her jeans. She pulled her hood up over her head in an attempt to keep her ears from going numb. As they stood at the edge of the field obscured by the treeline, Maude craned her neck up to look at the ruins of the Avengers tower. Like a giant, dark defeated beast in the night, it left a cold chill in her chest that wasn't from the weather. The siblings gave each other a long look before Mads nodded. They didn't need spoken words to agree with each other, and instead, shook hands.

The visual effect of Maddox's power was strange. A quick shifting of features, creeping into uncanny valley-like appearance, before settling into the intended affect. Maude and Maddox switched appearances, quick as a blink of the eye. The girl was a fan of dramatic entrances, and hey, who wouldn't want to impress an Avenger? (The back of her mind quickly yelled 'Alleged murderer!' but Maude stamped that thought out quickly; everybody deserved the benefit of the doubt)

"Of course we had to come at midnight," He snapped with a shuddering breath, trekking behind his sister as they began to cross the field. Mads could feel the snow slowly seep through the canvas fabric of his shoes and cursed under his breath. "We couldn't fuckin' come at, oh I don't know, the middle of the day? When it ain't a negative hundred outside?"

"Mads, shut up, oh my god. They're already here, come on." Maude whisper-yelled at her foul mouthed brother, eyes wide at the sight of others standing in the field already. She grabbed his arm and picked up the pace, smoothing her clothes out with her other hand. Despite how many times they had copied each other's appearances, it was a bit of a weird effect, seeing herself but not actually herself. Maude was nervous as hell, but her face fell into a faux-cool façade, wall of defense up.

Standing in the field with the others, Maude took a good look at each of them, likely all a bit annoyed at the late hour and shit weather. Keeping up Maddox's appearance took concentration, but there was a small spark of curiosity in her chest at the idea of the other's abilities. She kept her hands shoved in the pockets of her- Maddox's?- sweater. As Peter approached, the two narrowed their eyes, almost eerily in sync. Maddox shifted from one left to another, probably as nervous as his sister. Despite being convinced to come along, he wasn't so sure about how much he trusted Spider-Man just yet.

"What kind of help you talkin' about?" Spoke up the sibling who looked like Maddox, Boston accent clear as day, "Please, enlighten us, 'cause I'm pretty damn curious about how you knew where we lived. What's going on here?"
mood: curious as a cat, and freezing. ; outfits: & ; location: avengers facility ruins ; tags: fin fin

code by low fidelity.

There was so much to offer in New York City, and so far, the city had been treating the Marlowes damn good before the Snap.

In comparison to the dreary little miserable town of Brockton, the Big Apple was a big ol' playground full of opportunities. Maude had been homesick for a bit, that was certain. Nothing ever compared to her hometown. But their living situation made a big upgrade once Amelia legally adopted them. They went from that shoddy old foster home, with its leaking roof and rinky dink heater, to a Brooklyn brownstone far nicer than any house in her old neighborhood. She had her own room finally, which she was over the moon about. Maddox even calmed down for a bit and tried to keep himself out of trouble. What should have been the beginning of the rest of their lives was cut short by the Snap. It was an eerie feeling, returning out of thin air after five years, and finding Amelia with new grey hairs and wrinkles. The world afterwards was so different, so terrifying. Nothing was the same; there were those first few weeks, where people cried with joy at their loved ones returns, at the world having seemingly gone back to normal. But then, the world felt tinted with grey. Recovering from the trauma was another feat entirely. Amelia begged the siblings to keep their heads low and finish high school. Trouble always seemed to find them though, in the shape of a note left on her bedroom pillow.

The night of the meeting was bitterly cold and so damn dreary. Maude had made sure to layer up in her clothes, with her thick hoodie and plaid jacket and thick warm leggings under her jeans. She pulled her hood up over her head in an attempt to keep her ears from going numb. As they stood at the edge of the field obscured by the treeline, Maude craned her neck up to look at the ruins of the Avengers tower. Like a giant, dark defeated beast in the night, it left a cold chill in her chest that wasn't from the weather. The siblings gave each other a long look before Mads nodded. They didn't need spoken words to agree with each other, and instead, shook hands.

The visual effect of Maddox's power was strange. A quick shifting of features, creeping into uncanny valley-like appearance, before settling into the intended affect. Maude and Maddox switched appearances, quick as a blink of the eye. The girl was a fan of dramatic entrances, and hey, who wouldn't want to impress an Avenger? (The back of her mind quickly yelled 'Alleged murderer!' but Maude stamped that thought out quickly; everybody deserved the benefit of the doubt)

"Of course we had to come at midnight," He snapped with a shuddering breath, trekking behind his sister as they began to cross the field. Mads could feel the snow slowly seep through the canvas fabric of his shoes and cursed under his breath. "We couldn't fuckin' come at, oh I don't know, the middle of the day? When it ain't a negative hundred outside?"

"Mads, shut up, oh my god. They're already here, come on." Maude whisper-yelled at her foul mouthed brother, eyes wide at the sight of others standing in the field already. She grabbed his arm and picked up the pace, smoothing her clothes out with her other hand. Despite how many times they had copied each other's appearances, it was a bit of a weird effect, seeing herself but not actually herself. Maude was nervous as hell, but her face fell into a faux-cool façade, wall of defense up.

Standing in the field with the others, Maude took a good look at each of them, likely all a bit annoyed at the late hour and shit weather. Keeping up Maddox's appearance took concentration, but there was a small spark of curiosity in her chest at the idea of the other's abilities. She kept her hands shoved in the pockets of her- Maddox's?- sweater. As Peter approached, the two narrowed their eyes, almost eerily in sync. Maddox shifted from one left to another, probably as nervous as his sister. Despite being convinced to come along, he wasn't so sure about how much he trusted Spider-Man just yet.

"What kind of help you talkin' about?" Spoke up the sibling who looked like Maddox, Boston accent clear as day, "Please, enlighten us, 'cause I'm pretty damn curious about how you knew where we lived. What's going on here?"

-- mood: curious as a cat, and freezing ; outfits: & ; location: avengers facility ruins ; tags: finessekid.23

Last edited:

tumblr_p4z6foaJVA1rpe0nao1_540.gif

darric summers. ❞

outfit : :]| mood : "Now" by Paramore | tags : fin fin low fidelity low fidelity

"What, indeed is going on here?" Darric's voice rang out in accordance with the girl who was shivering like a blown leaf on wind. He glided forward on air, letting a small psychic flame dance and twist around his fingers. It was a far too chilly night to be playing peek-a-boo in the darkened ruins of what used to be a symbol of hope to people. He tilted his head to the side, eyes closed and seemingly listening to the wind. However, that could not be more wrong. He studied the features and thoughts of the people present, jumping from one head to another until he'd taken in the entire scene. It was like diving into a sea of voices. Some were muddled, some were loud. But, all the thoughts were there. His attention turned to the gruff man that stood before them all.

"So it actually is you," Darric stated, snapping his fingers and snuffing out the flame. He remembered exactly where he was when the identity of Peter Benjamin Parker was broadcast for all of New York, and the world, to see.

"You know, I came to this world in the middle of a crisis and it was the Avengers that actually saved us all. Whether we were lost or not we owe you our lives. So, yes, you'll have my help and my fire." He crossed his arms over his chest and took two steps forward from the crowd.

"I don't have to read your mind to know that you're innocent. I can also feel that you've changed. You had to. So the only question is," He opened his eyes and the area was illuminated by small little fires that floated around his newfound peers, providing warmth and light.

"Will you believe in us the way we'll believe in you?" he asked, with the fire reflecting off his frozen green eyes.

Last edited:
CLARISSA MILANI-BARTON

Cliff killed the car engine and took a moment just to stare at the sight of the ruined Towers in front of her. It was very nearly midnight, the only light illuminating the ruined monoliths was that of the moon, it made the exposed girders glint and shimmer, but for the most part the complex remained shrouded in darkness. There was something both humbling and bone chillingly fearful about being in the shadows of what was once one of the most powerful buildings in the world, home to men and women whose names were known world over. To see such a building reduced to well.... this, well it stirred a response in anybody, even those who'd been against the Avengers in the first place. That was probably why Peter had asked them all to meet here, hoping that the building would intimidate them. Well so far it was working, at least on Cliff.

Cliff was snapped out of her thoughts by the whine from beside her. Next to her in the front passenger seat of Clint's 1970's Dodge Challenger was Lucky, a sandy-brown Labrador. He was looking at the ruins in front of him, an almost mournful expression on his face. "Yeah, I know boy, this place gives me a serious case of the creeps too." Cliff told him, reaching out one hand to ruffle his ears, pulling out the car keys and shoving them deep into her trouser pocket with the other. "Well let's go see what he wants at this ridiculous hour of the morning." She continued, pulling on the plain, unmarked black bomber jacket. (It hadn't always been unmarked, it was actually a SHIELD jacket. Cliff had carefully removed any identifying patches and stitching. It was too good a jacket to waste after all). Opening the glove box she pulled out a long multi-coloured stripy woollen scarf and the largest commercially available thermos that money could buy filled to the brim with coffee.

She exited the car, locked it (her uncle would kill her if got stolen and/or damaged again) and trudged across the field, Lucky following close by at her heels, to where she could make out the figures of others waiting. As she walked she looped the scarf around her neck a couple of times, tucking one end over her shoulder. Cliff knew she probably looked ridiculous, all bundled up, with a massive scarf and a bright purple band-aid across the bridge her nose, clutching a thermos, with a dog trailing at her heels. Hardly a 'heroic' entrance, but Cliff couldn't care less. It was bloody freezing and she'd rather stay alive than look dynamic. She was just on time and took her place among the line up, giving a brief nod of 'hello' to all the others. There was nobody in the line up who she knew, so Cliff curled her hands tighter around the thermos flask, and began shuffling from one foot to another in the snow, despite the thick hoodie and ex-SHIELD jacket she still felt cold. There was nothing to do but wait and drink coffee.

Cliff couldn't help but let out a slight huff of laughter, a large puff of vapour emerging from her mouth, at the sight of Peter arriving in full costume, with his mask down, covering his face. Honestly, this guy had been outed to pretty much the entire world, yet he was still clinging to the idea that the mask could disguise his identity? Neither her father nor uncle had ever worn a mask while under the Hawkeye moniker and nobody had made the connection as to who they were (though that could be because the general public didn't really care about the ordinary guy shooting arrows- the blond Asgardian, the all-singing, all-dancing super soldier who was America personified, the billionaire in a robotic suit, the green rage monster and even the redheaded Russian assassin were far more flashy and exciting). Nobody else around her was in costume (thank whatever Gods were out there), which only made Peter's choice of outfit look more bizarre and inappropriate. Maybe he was trying to psych them out or something? Well it wasn't gonna work on her.

At Peter's opening words she couldn't stop the sceptical snort from coming out. She would have felt slightly embarrassed at the outburst had it not been the others also voicing their queries at Peter's appalling choice of words. The first was a guy with a thick Boston accent. The second guy decided that now was the ideal time to demonstrate his powers by floating around and making flames materialise. It would have been an impressive show, had she been warm enough to actually care. But it told her one useful thing, that whoever this guy was he had powers, and knowing how superhero teams were normally formed, she was probably expected to be the token 'normal human'. Utter joy she thought sarcastically. He'd also got the classic 'dramatic heroic monologue' thing down too. But in his favour he did make a fire materialise near her.

Then it was Cliff's turn to speak."You mean you've found a cure for my severe coffee addiction, chronic lack of sleep and a way to ace my exams without having to kill myself studying?" She asked, one eyebrow raised in mock surprise, before shaking her head. "Excuse me for being sceptical Parker, but unless you've done any of those things I call bullshit on being to quote unquote 'help me'." Cliff replied, taking another long slurp of coffee, and narrowing her eyes every so slightly over the thermos.
cb2.jpg
Mood: Tired, Cold, Questioning her life choices (again)
Tags: fin fin low fidelity low fidelity .empathogen. .empathogen.

Cliff killed the car engine and took a moment just to stare at the sight of the ruined Towers in front of her. It was very nearly midnight, the only light illuminating the ruined monoliths was that of the moon, it made the exposed girders glint and shimmer, but for the most part the complex remained shrouded in darkness. There was something both humbling and bone chillingly fearful about being in the shadows of what was once one of the most powerful buildings in the world, home to men and women whose names were known world over. To see such a building reduced to well.... this, well it stirred a response in anybody, even those who'd been against the Avengers in the first place. That was probably why Peter had asked them all to meet here, hoping that the building would intimidate them. Well so far it was working, at least on Cliff.

Cliff was snapped out of her thoughts by the whine from beside her. Next to her in the front passenger seat of Clint's 1970's Dodge Challenger was Lucky, a sandy-brown Labrador. He was looking at the ruins in front of him, an almost mournful expression on his face. "Yeah, I know boy, this place gives me a serious case of the creeps too." Cliff told him, reaching out one hand to ruffle his ears, pulling out the car keys and shoving them deep into her trouser pocket with the other. "Well let's go see what he wants at this ridiculous hour of the morning." She continued, pulling on the plain, unmarked black bomber jacket. (It hadn't always been unmarked, it was actually a SHIELD jacket. Cliff had carefully removed any identifying patches and stitching. It was too good a jacket to waste after all). Opening the glove box she pulled out a long multi-coloured stripy woollen scarf and the largest commercially available thermos that money could buy filled to the brim with coffee.

She exited the car, locked it (her uncle would kill her if got stolen and/or damaged again) and trudged across the field, Lucky following close by at her heels, to where she could make out the figures of others waiting. As she walked she looped the scarf around her neck a couple of times, tucking one end over her shoulder. Cliff knew she probably looked ridiculous, all bundled up, with a massive scarf and a bright purple band-aid across the bridge her nose, clutching a thermos, with a dog trailing at her heels. Hardly a 'heroic' entrance, but Cliff couldn't care less. It was bloody freezing and she'd rather stay alive than look dynamic. She was just on time and took her place among the line up, giving a brief nod of 'hello' to all the others. There was nobody in the line up who she knew, so Cliff curled her hands tighter around the thermos flask, and began shuffling from one foot to another in the snow, despite the thick hoodie and ex-SHIELD jacket she still felt cold. There was nothing to do but wait and drink coffee.

Cliff couldn't help but let out a slight huff of laughter, a large puff of vapour emerging from her mouth, at the sight of Peter arriving in full costume, with his mask down, covering his face. Honestly, this guy had been outed to pretty much the entire world, yet he was still clinging to the idea that the mask could disguise his identity? Neither her father nor uncle had ever worn a mask while under the Hawkeye moniker and nobody had made the connection as to who they were (though that could be because the general public didn't really care about the ordinary guy shooting arrows- the blond Asgardian, the all-singing, all-dancing super soldier who was America personified, the billionaire in a robotic suit, the green rage monster and even the redheaded Russian assassin were far more flashy and exciting). Nobody else around her was in costume (thank whatever Gods were out there), which only made Peter's choice of outfit look more bizarre and inappropriate. Maybe he was trying to psych them out or something? Well it wasn't gonna work on her.

At Peter's opening words she couldn't stop the sceptical snort from coming out. She would have felt slightly embarrassed at the outburst had it not been the others also voicing their queries at Peter's appalling choice of words. The first was a guy with a thick Boston accent. The second guy decided that now was the ideal time to demonstrate his powers by floating around and making flames materialise. It would have been an impressive show, had she been warm enough to actually care. But it told her one useful thing, that whoever this guy was he had powers, and knowing how superhero teams were normally formed, she was probably expected to be the token 'normal human'. Utter joy she thought sarcastically. He'd also got the classic 'dramatic heroic monologue' thing down too. But in his favour he did make a fire materialise near her.

Then it was Cliff's turn to speak."You mean you've found a cure for my severe coffee addiction, chronic lack of sleep and a way to ace my exams without having to kill myself studying?" She asked, one eyebrow raised in mock surprise, before shaking her head. "Excuse me for being sceptical Parker, but unless you've done any of those things I call bullshit on being to quote unquote 'help me'." Cliff replied, taking another long slurp of coffee, and narrowing her eyes every so slightly over the thermos.

Last edited:

mood
Cold
Outside of the ruins of Avengers Mansion; NYC, NY
outfit
Thorson go bzz
interactions
Everyone
mentions
Everyone
tags
fin fin low fidelity low fidelity _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ .empathogen. .empathogen.

“Back to where it all began.”

Erik Foster Thorson stood near where everything for him changed. When the final battle, New York’s second and last encounter with Thanos’ army and when the Avengers were fighting off the main forces, he stood in the same spot he and White Tiger fought off those four-armed Venom-looking monstrosities. It was also the start of the most complicated (but not toxic) relationship he found himself in. He took a hit meant for White Tiger. The razor-sharp claws of those four-legged beasts pierced his enhanced skin and punctured his torso and broke three of his ribs that day. Erik still had the scars to prove it.

As he stood, knowing he was likely to be one of the last to arrive, he couldn’t help but think about the message that brought him back to the now destroyed Avengers Mansion. He had mixed feelings about being here. Answering someone else’s call wasn’t something he always did, but the values instilled into him by both his mother, Jane, and the Agents of Shield who helped him become the honorable, if not cocky and confident, warrior that he is now, a warrior worthy enough to have Earthshaker on his hip, never could refuse a call to arms.

Still, the clarity of the message was hard to decipher. Only after he went to the Lighthouse to get it decoded did he understand what it was and where he needed to be.

“I’ve waited long enough,” he told himself. And as the demigod walked further in, his feet sinking a few inches into the snow, he lifted his hood up to protect himself from the wrath of a New York snow storm.

Erik underestimated the punctuality of whoever else was going to be here. He looked around and saw it was just him, but shortly, others arrived. Probably within five minutes, he looked around and saw a couple of familiar faces and some not so familiar. He shrugged them off until he saw him. And under his breath, he cursed. This wasn’t just a family reunion or some shit -- this was going to be big]. Erik felt it in his gut.

When Spider-Man arrived, or Peter (it didn’t matter to Erik how he introduced himself), he vaguely stated how much he needed their help. If Tony Stark’s protege needed their help, Erik was willing to listen to what he had to say, but immediately, he became annoyed when some girl and some dude began speaking. It was as if they didn’t know who was standing in front of them.

“Of course he’ll believe in us. You’re an idiot if you don’t think he won’t,” Erik sounded off, gesturing to Peter. “Or have you been living under a rock recently? This isn’t some chump from the Avengers’ fanpage. This…man --”

Before he was allowed to really say what was on his mind, the demigod heard Clarissa’s default tone of calling out bullshit sound off. After a minute of that, she went straight to whatever thermus was in her hand - no doubt some caffeinated drink. Knowing her for as long as he did, he would be genuinely shocked if it wasn’t coffee.

“Now don’t be like that, Clarissa!” He knew how much she hated it when he addressed her by that first name of hers. Why she insisted on being called Cliff he would never understand. “Peter over here called all of us out here.” As he spoke, he made sure to glare over at the others who echoed their own doubts for the group. “If it couldn’t wait, then I believe him. And like the cheeseball over there--” Erik laughed as he glanced at the guy who did the big hero speech “--I’m with him. I won’t do a ‘you have my sword’ moment for you because this isn’t a Peter Jackson fantasy film, but my father once fought alongside you, Spider-Man. I would be disrespecting his legacy if I didn’t do the same thing."

Erik Thorson
coded by hanthesunbeam

spectacular, spectacular

Questions-- Peter hated them, even when he wasn't so agitated. Now that his irritability management was sub-par, he despised the questions even more. Hell, he'd came dressed in the entire costume. Classic super-hero team-up trope. Wasn't the message explicit enough?

Peter chewed at the inside of his mouth at the first question. It was obvious he was in thought as the bright white lenses of his suit thinned down. His breathing grew heavier, and Peter didn't want to explain just how much monitoring had gone into the program. In his defense, the FBI was responsible for worse perversions of privacy anyways. Parker felt a subtle vibration in the back of his head, before it was a strong ringing altogether. There was no immediate danger around him, but when Darric's voice cut through the night, it was obvious what had happened.

Oh, yeah. The psychic. Spider-Man thought to himself. Darric's words were kind... almost touching, if he hadn't already been stabbed in the back by someone he trusted before. They'd have to figure out a way to limit the mental intrusion. Still, he admired what Darric had done for him, and nodded as he stepped forwards. "The information I have on all of you is mostly from a classified government organization--" "Do you believe in us the way we'll believe in you?" Those words rang throughout Peter's brain. This would be his first attempt at transparency. "S.H.I.E.L.D." Peter coughed up to the Maddox-looking figure, before giving Darric another nod.

Yet another verbal dispute followed. This time between Cliff, and the son of Thor. He'd be lying if he said her words hadn't cut him in any way, but another part of Peter was aware that that was just how she acted. She was sarcastic, sure. Put up the act a couple times here and there. But Pete knew that in spite of her ambitions, in spite of her dreams of going into medicine, there was something about that bow and arrow that wouldn't let her put it down. When the cards were being dealt, Cliff would definitely be a part of the game. It was nice to have a backing from the big-guy though. Peter found himself smirking at Erik's speech, and he knew perhaps a year in advance, he might've been trembling at Thorson's feet. He was the biggest at the circle, and had the boldest tone of those who'd spoke.

Peter dropped down into the snow, and in a couple short strides, stood between Erik and Darric as they faced the others present. The Asgardian, the Spider, and the Mutant.

"I can't go out and fight like I used to. I can't be the beacon of hope I hoped I'd one day become. I can't even go visit my family anymore..." Bitterness was laced in his voice towards the last sentence. "But all of you can. You can all make a difference. There's more bad people popping up everyday, and I can't do anything about it, especially in broad daylight. Spider-Man isn't asking you," He tore the mask off his face, and tossed it into the snow by Cliff's shoes. "Peter Parker is."

Peter fought tears at his own words, though tried his best to play it off as the cold. It probably was anyways. "Darric... Darric, you asked me if I'd believe in you?" Peter kept his eyes glued forwards at the mention, "I will. In all of you. The world needs it's Avengers again."

mood; antsy, on edge. | location; avengers facility ruins. | tags; mads & maude low fidelity low fidelity , cliff _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ darric .empathogen. .empathogen. , erik natsukashii natsukashii
spider-man.

code by low fidelity.

Felix Markov

Originally, Felix hadn’t planned on going at all. It wasn’t until he had seen Nadia’s excitement that he realized he had to. There was no way he was letting her go to a remote location, in the cold, at midnight, alone.

When the day arrived, he had already gotten the permission to borrow the family car. He had learned how to talk his way to permission from his parents. Some might call it guilt tripping and he wouldn’t disagree.

He grabbed the keys from the kitchen table. The house was mostly quiet, but Felix could hear noises from the workshop. He walked over and found his mom sitting in front of a canvas, soft tunes playing in the backgrounds as she got lost in her work. “Seraphine?” Felix said, knocking softly on the door, hoping not to startle her. “We’re leaving now,” He continued before she had the chance to say anything. “Oh, it is that late already?” Seraphine asked with a slight smile as she turned from her work in progress to her son to her watch and finally back to her canvas. Felix recognized the mountains from their hometown in the painting, but the colours made it look more melancholy than he remembered it to be. For a couple minutes he let her stare at the painting in silence, before he heard Nadia moving around upstairs and he spoke up again. “I’ll drive carefully, and take care of her, so don’t worry,”

“Come back,” Was all his mom said, not turning away from her painting as he left her to it. He waited in the kitchen until Nadia was ready before walking them to the car and getting in the drivers seat. They chatted idly as he drove towards where the Avengers headquarters had once been. The winter landscape they drove through made him feel more at ease, at least the terrain would be in his favour if something went wrong.

“What do you say Naddy? You ready to meet Spidey?” Felix asked, putting on his “public” grin as he stopped the car a small distance from the rest. Before getting out of the car he patted his jeans pocket to make sure he had his phone and his cigarettes with him. His necessities.

Felix wore only a light t-shirt and jeans. He had considered bringing a coat to at least act like the cold was bothering him, but what was the point? The only thing even resembling winter clothes was his heavy boots.

They made their way to the field, noticing that a couple others had already arrived. Felix started his process of studying each and every one of them thoroughly. He spotted Cliff and Lucky and walked over, giving the dog a small pet and giving Cliff a nod instead of a greeting. As they all waited for the man of honour to arrive, he continued looking over the different faces in the crowd, stopping only when he saw Angela. He didn't know whether to laugh or say hi to her, so he just stared for a while, giving a small wave before continuing on the rest of the crowd.

Peter Parker arrived when most of what would be the new mightiest heroes of earth had arrived. As Felix listened along, he pulled up a cigarette, there was no need to find his lighter, he only lifted the cigarette in front of Nadia's point of view, letting her light it.

Felix listened along, letting his eyes land on whoever was speaking, but said nothing himself. Every now and again he looked over to Nadia to make note of her reactions, he himself kept his expression blank, only moving to lift his cigarette and take a drag.

maude & maddox
"the copycats"

As the rest of their group arrived, and more and more began to speak and argue with each other, Maude and Maddox exchanged a long look with raised eyebrows. This was...kind of insane. "Oh so we're like, showin' off the flashy powers now?" Maddox whispered into her ear. Maude saw her doppelganger grimace, likely feeling just the same as she did. Extremely out of their depth.

The two were silent for a minute as their arguments filled the night's air, watching the scene unfold. To contribute even more to the "odd ones out" feeling, some of them were on a first name basis already. Lovely. Maude specifically heard the big guy mention that his father was an Avenger, which, holy shit? How does one come up to par with that? As she got a better look at everyone, at least a few of them had somewhat familiar faces. Likely heroes, or vigilantes. People who actually tried to do good in the world. It make her chest tighten up for a moment, hearing Peter's raw emotion seep through his words, but the simple answer of "S.H.I.E.L.D" certainly made Maddox all the more curious. It didn't add up for her though, not just yet. What had the siblings done to have one of the most popular superheroes in New York City asking for their help?

"Listen, listen, alright." The shivering Maude cut in, still wearing her brother's appearance and vice versa. "The world needs Avengers. I agree with that. And some of youse, yeah, you fit the job description." She looked around at everyone with a curt nod. "What I wanna know is why us? Specifically my sister and I? Some of youse I recognize from the news, I think most of you have the hero act down already, but us?" At that, Maude's doppelganger stepped forward as well, cheeks flushed from the cold. "We're not heroes. We're not even vigilantes. Not nearly half the talent that you already got here. All we are is copycats."

Quick as a snap, Maude and Maddox switched back to their regular appearances, and the real, actual Maude was cutting through the group to stare down Peter, jabbing a pointed finger at his chest. "You believe in us? A couple-ah' nobodies? Then you better be there, fightin' with us too. No more hidin' in the shadows bullshit. I believe in you, Peter Parker."
mood: feeling very out of place. ; outfits: & ; location: avengers facility ruins ; tags: fin fin .empathogen. .empathogen. _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ natsukashii natsukashii

code by low fidelity.

As the rest of their group arrived, and more and more began to speak and argue with each other, Maude and Maddox exchanged a long look with raised eyebrows. This was...kind of insane. "Oh so we're like, showin' off the flashy powers now?" Maddox whispered into her ear. Maude saw her doppelganger grimace, likely feeling just the same as she did. Extremely out of their depth.

The two were silent for a minute as their arguments filled the night's air, watching the scene unfold. To contribute even more to the "odd ones out" feeling, some of them were on a first name basis already. Lovely. Maude specifically heard the big guy mention that his father was an Avenger, which, holy shit? How does one come up to par with that? As she got a better look at everyone, at least a few of them had somewhat familiar faces. Likely heroes, or vigilantes. People who actually tried to do good in the world. It make her chest tighten up for a moment, hearing Peter's raw emotion seep through his words, but the simple answer of "S.H.I.E.L.D" certainly made Maddox all the more curious. It didn't add up for her though, not just yet. What had the siblings done to have one of the most popular superheroes in New York City asking for their help?

"Listen, listen, alright." The shivering Maude cut in, still wearing her brother's appearance and vice versa. "The world needs Avengers. I agree with that. And some of youse, yeah, you fit the job description." She looked around at everyone with a curt nod. "What I wanna know is why us? Specifically my sister and I? Some of youse I recognize from the news, I think most of you have the hero act down already, but us?" At that, Maude's doppelganger stepped forward as well, cheeks flushed from the cold. "We're not heroes. We're not even vigilantes. Not nearly half the talent that you already got here. All we are is copycats."

Quick as a snap, Maude and Maddox switched back to their regular appearances, and the real, actual Maude was cutting through the group to stare down Peter, jabbing a pointed finger at his chest. "You believe in us? A couple-ah' nobodies? Then you better be there, fightin' with us too. No more hidin' in the shadows bullshit. I believe in you, Peter Parker."

-- -- mood: feeling very out of place ; outfits: & ; location: avengers facility ruins ; tags: fin fin .empathogen. .empathogen. _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ natsukashii natsukashii

Last edited:
GoldenAgonizingAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gifGwendolyn Faust
Interaction: fin fin (Peter)
Mentioned: .empathogen. .empathogen. (Darric) low fidelity low fidelity (the twins) EddieTeddie EddieTeddie (Felix) natsukashii natsukashii (Erik) _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ (Cliff)
Mood: Cold, Suspicious

As the group conversed about their concerns and about whatever else, another figure watched from a nearby cluster of trees. Perched up in the fork of a sturdy oak, Gwen had been there for a while now. Shortly before the first of the others had arrived, with enough time to do a quick lap, assess what the best and probably safest spot for a meeting would be, and bugged it. Like hell she would be showing up to some mystery summon from Peter Parker. For all she knew, it could have been a trap. So after bugging what she determined to be the best spot, Gwen retreated to the trees she was currently residing in. Sitting in the fork maybe ten feet off the ground gave her plenty to watch. Her presence was hidden from the others as well. Dressed in her cold-weather garb, with her half-face mask included that turned what would be puffs of white breath into nothing. The only downside is that she couldn't drink anything to warm her up.

As she watched the group, Gwen concluded she didn't know most of these people. Darric was the only one she recognized, and even then she didn't exactly know him. Just a brief run in that didn't exactly go well. For him at least, for Gwen, it went swimmingly and exactly how she wanted it to. What was the phrase? Two ships passing in the night? Something like that could describe their situation. As for the others...Peter seemed annoyed, the twins seemed confused, one of the other girls seemed cold and in a similar boat of not wanting to be there, and then there was a kid who was trying to keep the peace but Gwen honestly wasn't sure if he was succeeding or just making it worse. And then...well, they were the only ones of any note. Once they had all voiced their opinions, Peter decided it was time to step in again. He believed in all of them huh? Gwen couldn't help but snort. This may not have been a trap, but she couldn't have been here for good reasons.

It was after Peter was done with his speech when Gwen finally decided that it was time to make herself known. Straightening up, she pulled her backpack around off her shoulders and slipped her binoculars back inside it, quickly zipping it shut again. Gwen then slipped forward after the backpack was back on her shoulders, falling from the fork in the tree, she landed in a squatting position with a loud, heavy thud. If it was lighter outside, she would have admired the boot impressions it would have no doubt left in the ground but she had to move before the others decided they had enough. There was a persistent dull ache in her body, causing her the grimace slightly as she approached the group, prepared in case someone jumped the gun and decided to attack. But weather this cold and metal muscles were not the greatest combination.

"Are we going to get access to your resources?" Gwen asked, finally joining the group but...keeping her distance. Arms crossed but loosely, eyes scanning the others, she would switch between Peter and someone else every few seconds. Obviously she didn't fully trust this entire situation. "Access to Iron Man's stuff, the S.H.E.I.L.D servers, everything."

strength of

Returning to the site of Thanos' invasion rained down a series of emotions Angela was unaware she even had-- she was sure Erik was feeling the same thing too. He'd risked his life for her here, a stupid move from a stupid boy, but she loved him for it since. Angela's hand clenched even tighter over Erik's at their shared thought. She moved a couple inches closer to him as they continued trudging down the snow fields.

Angie's amulet hummed subtly under her top, and beige overcoat. It provided only little warmth for her though, because she hadn't donned the entire White Tiger costume. In spite of Erik's thick skin, she was sure he was feeling the cold too. A court smirk creased onto her lips, she definitely wasn't going to be the first to give in the cold-- or make some excuse about it. Sure, she hadn't explicitly told Erik it was a competition, but it was to her. She'd kept score of the different obstacles they'd faced, both masked and unmasked. For the year, Angela was up 319 to 317 of course.

Up till now, Angela assumed the sight of Peter Parker would be what left her frozen in her place. Instead, the sight of Felix Markov from school sent shudders down her spine. What the hell was he doing here? He wasn't super-hero anything, Angela thought to herself.

Angela ripped her sights away from the cigarette that hung between his lips as she felt her heart skip a beat. Erik.. and Felix... in the same place. This wasn't going to be good.

When Peter got to talking, Angela only heard bits and pieces of his words. The cold, and shock running through her had hardly let her focus. It was already clear who was more outspoken of the group though. There was that same duo Angela had come across a couple weeks back-- here. She nodded to herself at that idea, and blew into her hands as the group continued on. Why couldn't everyone just say they wanted to be superheroes and moved on? She didn't understand where the question was when it came to helping people. With Spider-Man of all people. He was bad. Ass.

Eventually, Erik had had enough of the bickering and had step up to join another stranger at Spider-Man's side. With most of the attention now on the trio, a new dark-haired figure, and the siblings, Angela slipped back into the night. Thank goodness for the soft touch of her feline steps.

"What are you doing here?" She asked in a hushed tone at Felix's side, but tried her best to keep her eyes on the scene in front of her. "This is like totally a super-hero conference, Felix." The feet told it all, and with a glance down at the snow, Angela could make out who owned the pair of shoes at Felix's side. Nadia was hardly ready for high school in America, yet here she was too. Perhaps the shock of it all was manipulating her views on things, but Nadia couldn't help but feel like her world was collapsing in on itself. Her super-hero boyfriend, and her school pet? Her new foreign exchange student friend here too?

"Those are... Are those Nadia's shoes? You brought her too..."

mood; anxious. | location; avengers facility ruins. | tags; felix EddieTeddie EddieTeddie erik natsukashii natsukashii nadia _amaranth_ _amaranth_
the tiger.

code by low fidelity.

Last edited:
darric summers.
mood: "Paper Planes" by M.I.A — outfit — interactions: fin fin — tags FireMaiden FireMaiden
Darric took a seat, levitating in the air placing his legs Indian style. He listened to the others talking. One addressed him as a cheeseball. Was it such a crime to address a comrade with deep words? He bit his tongue in annoyance, reminding himself that he shouldn't cause respiratory issues by doing the Darth Vader chokehold. He continued to listen to the female changeling demand that Peter actually show face while they are fighting crime. Not a safe route but boy was it bold. Then, his mind fell to Gwendolyn. She only met him once but Darric knew her from a time in the future. He kept his mouth shut on the things he knew bout the woman who, in his time, was his senior. When she questioned about the resources they would have at hand Darric chuckled to himself. This version was younger, but she was still as blunt as ever.

"If there is any need for extra equipment or even another member or two I have pull with the...erm...X-Men?" he said, cracking his fingers and leaning back a little. He wasn't going to mention that he'd swiped quite a lot of the equipment himself and had a stash back at his old flat. Then another question popped to mind, causing him to raise his hand and wave it like the dorkiest straight A student in class.

"Peter! Are we going to be living in the tower? I'll have to bring all my things from home but I'll take Natasha's old room! She's an absolute legend!" he squealed, with the biggest smile on his face.

Adrik Rurik

MOOD
Concerned for his friend

MENTIONS
fin fin (Peter) FireMaiden FireMaiden (MJ)

INTERACTIONS
none

OUTFIT

Adrik glanced at his watch as he arrived back at New York Sanctum. Peter was probably just getting to the meeting spot by the old avengers facility now but he wanted to get home just in case. He knew how nervous he was for this and he just wished that Peter wanted him to come. But Peter was convinced that he needed to do this on his own, and he wasn’t going to be the one to get in his way. Peter needed this.

But for now he planned to chill back at the tower and continued to clean and make the tower look a little more liveable. Nothing a few spells could help to accomplish. They had made pretty good progress, and were able to switch many of the rooms from large offices into large rooms on one of the floors in case any of these new recruits needed a place to stay, those who returned after the snap were where the concern came from.

As Adrik prepared to open a portal to the Tower, he shot Peter a text message, letting him know to text him if people needed assistance getting to the tower. A little reminder that he was there if he needed support.

He quickly concentrated on the sling ring and waved his hand in a small circle at his side as he reached down to grab his training bag. The swirling ring of crackling arcane energy opened, showing the empty living area of the tower, before he stepped through and the portal closed.

“MJ?” He called into the tower, as he snapped his clothes, shifting them into his normal outfit, “I’m back.”

There wasn’t an immediate response, but if she didn’t hear him, Karen would let her know that he had arrived. He quickly dropped his bag in his room, before returning to the living area, glancing at some of the trash that they had left out, he cast a rapid succession of spells, muttering a few incantations under his breath as the trash lifted off the coffee table and floated over to the trash can in the kitchen before the table cleaned itself. When he was satisfied with the appearance of the room, he went back to his room and plopped on his bed. Throwing a Netflix show on the tv and lounged about. As he waited on any word from Peter.

coded by weldherwings.

Adrik glanced at his watch as he arrived back at New York Sanctum. Peter was probably just getting to the meeting spot by the old avengers facility now but he wanted to get home just in case. He knew how nervous he was for this and he just wished that Peter wanted him to come. But Peter was convinced that he needed to do this on his own, and he wasn’t going to be the one to get in his way. Peter needed this.

But for now he planned to chill back at the tower and continued to clean and make the tower look a little more liveable. Nothing a few spells could help to accomplish. They had made pretty good progress, and were able to switch many of the rooms from large offices into large rooms on one of the floors in case any of these new recruits needed a place to stay, those who returned after the snap were where the concern came from.

As Adrik prepared to open a portal to the Tower, he shot Peter a text message, letting him know to text him if people needed assistance getting to the tower. A little reminder that he was there if he needed support.

He quickly concentrated on the sling ring and waved his hand in a small circle at his side as he reached down to grab his training bag. The swirling ring of crackling arcane energy opened, showing the empty living area of the tower, before he stepped through and the portal closed.

“MJ?” He called into the tower, as he snapped his clothes, shifting them into his normal outfit, “I’m back.”

There wasn’t an immediate response, but if she didn’t hear him, Karen would let her know that he had arrived. He quickly dropped his bag in his room, before returning to the living area, glancing at some of the trash that they had left out, he cast a rapid succession of spells, muttering a few incantations under his breath as the trash lifted off the coffee table and floated over to the trash can in the kitchen before the table cleaned itself. When he was satisfied with the appearance of the room, he went back to his room and plopped on his bed. Throwing a Netflix show on the tv and lounged about. As he waited on any word from Peter.

CLARISSA MILANI-BARTON
At the sound of Erik's voice, Cliff couldn't help but sigh. Of course he'd be involved, every hero team needed their mandatory Asgardian. Sure she'd sort of mellowed to him over the years they'd known each other, she'd accepted that there were some traits that would never change. He was also learning sign out of some kind of strange.... respect?..... loyalty?...... curiosity? he had for her, which was good. But that didn't change the fact that he was still incredibly arrogant and cocky in a way that made her want to knock him down a few pegs permanently (not that would ever happen, she was still, and always would be, all too human in her abilities).

And he still, after all these years insisted on calling her by her full name, just to rile her up. He knew she didn't like it, it felt wrong and uncomfortable. To her Clarissa suggested somebody from a period drama incapable of making her own decisions, whose purpose was pretty much ornamental, destined to be married off to some wealthy man or another. Cliff, on the other hand was stronger, much rougher around the edges, slightly quirky and in a way messier, a far better fit to who she actually was. (There was a part of her that knew she shortened her name because Cliff Barton sounded much Clint Barton). The only name that felt more uncomfortable to Cliff than her full birth name was 'Hawkeye'. That was one thing she definitely was not. Despite what everybody who met her seemed to think, she was far from a Hawkeye. If she was ever called Hawkeye by anybody the she would reply with a cold 'wrong Barton'. How hard was it to remember a bloody nickname anyway? And of course, in true hero style, Erik couldn't let anybody out monologue him either, joining in the floating dude with his support of Peter. What was it with these hero types and monologues? Why couldn't a short, maybe even witty remark suffice?

"Some of us Erika" she retorted, with a very tired sigh (one that matched the dark circles forming around her eyes from lack of sleep). The nickname was hardly imaginative in any way, but she couldn't let his taunt go unanswered. "Were not born to be a hero." She drew herself up to eye him up properly, Cliff was tall for a woman, long limbs were good for archery and acrobatics, but of course, Erik was taller. "Or with the DNA of legends and warriors running through our blood. Some of us are the exact opposite." Whatever else she was going to add was cut off by Peter starting to talk again, Cliff gave him her full attention, sure she wasn't overjoyed about being dragged out in the middle of the night (when she could have been getting some proper sleep, for once), but Peter was a friend... of sorts, and the minimum he deserved was for her to pay attention to his spiel.

At the mention of SHIELD she groaned, Cliff couldn't help it. SHIELD was one of the most annoying things in her life at the moment, constantly trying to recruit her and all but putting her through a polygraph trying to find out where her father was (she wouldn't put it past them to actually do that at some point). Evidently SHIELD weren't part of Peter's gang which....... got her thinking actually. Maybe this idea did hold some merit after all. Maybe if she joined up with Peter's gang (she wouldn't call them Avengers, not yet anyway, they were definitely more of a gang of teenage misfits with ambitions of being something more at the moment) it could finally get SHIELD off her ass. And it looked like Nadia and Felix would be in it too, Lucky was sniffing around their heels delighted to recognise somebody else in the crowd. Her eyebrows had furrowed in thought as she considered that line of thought, only to be rudely interrupted by Peter throwing his mask at her feet.

The symbolism of Peter tossing his mask off wasn't missed on Cliff though, but why did it have to land near her?. She was probably the only one there (besides Erik) who didn't wear a mask (the shape-shifting twins may not wear a mask, but they wore each other's image, so that counted as a mask in her mind). With his face revealed Cliff took a moment to look him over, it had been a good few months since she'd last seen him. He'd got stubble, that was new, though it really didn't suit him, in her opinion. She raised an eyebrow at the tossed mask. Lucky ran over, sniffed it with a look of utter suspicions, then picked it up and unceremoniously dumped it at Peter's feet before returning to Cliff's. She cracked a smile, and reached down to ruffle his ears. "He doesn't like masks, brings bad memories." She explained, doubting that anybody was even listening to her as the the siblings?.... twins?, they certainly looked twins to Cliff (as well as looking vaguely familiar) chose that moment to step forwards and introduce themselves and their abilities. A bit gimmicky, but made perfect sense when paired with the aliases they had chosen for themselves- copycats. She couldn't help but idly wonder what exactly their power was, could they just swap with each other? Or was it deeper than that? Or maybe the coffee was making her hallucinate.

Then yet another girl appeared from nowhere, or more precisely from a tree with a surprisingly loud thud. She started asking questions, the right kinds of questions in Cliff's mind, the questions that none of the others really seemed bothered to ask, blindly accepting their calling to be a hero. She stepped forwards slightly, to somewhere nearer to Gwen (who looked incredibly sceptical about the whole thing Cliff was glad to see) and gestured a thumb at the other girl. "You speak sense, whoever you are. How does this work ? Are SHIELD in any way involved or have all you bridges with them been burned? Will there even be resources? Proper tech, training, files, weapons, suits, any kind of overwatch system? Another one of those Tower AIs that Stark loved? Medical facilities for those of us who don't have healing factors? Or are is somebody finally wanting me for my medical skills, and not because I'm part of the 'family business'." She used airquotes around the words 'family business'. Peter, Erik and to an extent Nadia and Felix was knew she was Hawkeye's daughter, but unlike Erik she saw no use in voicing her own parentage to the world. She'd rather be judged on her own merit rather than be judged on those amazing people who went before her.

"How exactly does this work?" She repeated, there was no way she was going to make a decision without all the information, even if she was tired."Is this a full time occupation, or do I still get to live an actual life, attend my course and do my actual job? Can I cut a deal like Natasha, Hawkeye and the other SHIELD agents, where I'm more on loan as opposed to an actual member? Or is this an all or nothing kind of thing?" That kind of deal had worked pretty well for her dad, Clint couldn't pick and choose as such, but he had a bit more freedom than being at utterly Tony Stark's beck and call. Cliff's tone wasn't rude as such, more curious. She could be won over, but it would take more effort than some of the others. She took another few steps forwards until she was right in front of Peter, then spoke again, this time far, far quieter, her words intended for Peter and Peter only. "I know you wouldn't, but if you've been brainwashed or completely lost your mind over theses last few months and only invited me because I fill the diversity quota then I walk, I've had enough of that in my life." Cliff knew that Spidey knew just how much she hated being involved in things as the token deaf person, token archer, token female, or in this case, token human.
cb2.jpg
Tags: Erik natsukashii natsukashii Peter fin fin Gwen FireMaiden FireMaiden

Last edited:
Nadia Markov
Love me if you can but be prepared for thorns
mood: . what should I expect?

outfit: . click!

mentions: . Cliff

interactions: . Felix; Angela

“Push through the pain, Nadia! Don’t give up! Push it! You heard me? PUSH THROUGH THE PAIN, NADIA!!!”

A pair of scared doe eyes blinked back at the redhead in the mirror. Nadia looked at her reflection and took a deep breath. Even after two years, she was still bothered by those flashbacks. Especially when she was stressed out. Her head was usually getting ahead of her and fed her mind with the pictures of the past before Nadia could stop it. And she couldn’t tell anyone. Well...she could...but she didn’t want to. Felix deserved his own life he had built and no matter how close they were, Nadia couldn’t have him on her arm all the time. It wouldn’t be fair from her. Nadia wasn’t ready to tell anyone about what happened once she was left alone.

Especially not tonight. Tonight she needed to be at her best and stay sharp. The idea of joining this little initiative was bold enough and she had no idea what to expect. Spending most of her life in a bright whit prison with only very limited access to information didn’t help. And in two years she was back, she tried to catch up on so many things it was almost impossible to do it. And she also wanted a normal life.

Nadia had parents now. And it was weird. Her whole life, it was just Felix and her. And now she had mom and dad. But those words didn’t roll off her tongue easily. In fact, she never used them and called her parents by their first names. And the Markov’s agreed because at least their children were back with them. Sure, they missed their first words, first steps, first birthdays, first everything. They lost newborns and got almost adult people back. But that never stopped Seraphina and Aleksander from trying. And Nadia tried too. It just took some time.

With a deep breath, she flashed herself one more look in the mirror, suppressed every negative thought and lifted her chin up. The girl never played victim. She could, it would have been the best card to play but she wasn’t weak in any sense. And no one should ever consider her a weakling. Ever. Once ready, she walked down the stairs and met Felix in the kitchen so they could leave together.

The drive was not long. Or at least it didn't seem so. The winter was calming her as it was something she was used to. Same as her brother, she never felt cold but it was because fire was flowing through her veins. Nadia was warm most of the time and she refused to wear winter clothes only because she “should”.

Once they arrived at the meeting point, Nadia took her time to get out of the car and when she did, she still stuck close to Felix. Crowds made her uneasy and her attention was on every person present. From her attempts to catch up on real life, she knew who Spiderman was but wasn’t he...like...a murderer? But Nadia also knew better than to judge people from what she heard so she came. To see for herself.

Slipping her hand into Felix’, she stood slightly behind him and all she did was pet Lucky when they approached Cliff. That dog was a true lifesaver and for now, the only thing besides her twin that made sense. For the time being, Nadia only moved when Felix needed a lighter. Her fingers snapped quietly and a small flame appeared, licking her fingertips and bringing the cigarette to life. Following his example, Nadia lit her own cherry just to keep her hands busy and listened to everything around her, soaking the information like a sponge. Until they were approached by Angela.

The girl seemed confused. Or puzzled? Or...uh, no, don’t try, Nadia. Reading emotions was still tough. But Angela did ask about her as well and the redhead stepped from behind Felix, taking a long drag from her cancer stick and gave Angela a soft smile and a shrug. “Aren’t we like...supposed to be here?” she asked, confused herself and looked at Felix, who usually had all the answers.
code by valen t.

spectacular, spectacular

The words of the twins were heavy with weight, and Peter was very much surprised that out of the group selected, they'd have been one of the more outspoken few. He ground at his teeth with their words though. "Copy cats who defend helpless bodegas. Who've caught the eye of public news in only months of being active." Peter snapped. "There's nothing light about what you two are doing."

The switch in appearances didn't help him much though. He was already going numb in his fingers, and seeing the two figures exchange looks made him question his sanity for a moment. At the finger in his chest, it was clear neither twin was finished though. They'd done that purposefully-- to make a point. The point was one that made Peter's lips curl down into a frown. He'd toyed with the idea of joining this elaborate team he was putting together-- but the world wasn't ready for that. Yet here were these young, inexperienced vigilantes giving him a clause they knew nothing about. Still, Maude's words reverberated through his skull, a ringing sound he couldn't escape. She believed in him, and it'd been the first time someone other than M.J. had mentioned it.

"I will." Peter coughed out after a moment's hesitation. The surprising part was that he truly did mean it.

A loud ring sounded in Peter's head though, loud enough to shift his focus somewhere in the dark. He didn't know what it was, but rarely ever did his spidey-senses fail him. Were they being ambushed? Had one of the recruits set him up? Peter found his middle, and index fingers nearing his the web-shooters at his wrist as the silhouette of a woman waltzed closer into the night's light. Gwendolyn Faus-- the Iron Bull. He'd almost been glad when she hadn't shown up, an excuse to take down the vigilante without morals... but here she was, alive and in the flesh.

Peter let out a dry laugh at her words, before revealing the hard truth about what they really had access to. "We're getting far from Avengers-level toys. Anything we have is what Mr. Stark--" he hadn't even caught the way he'd mentioned Anthony Stark "-- left behind. This team is completely off the grid." He glanced over at Cliff, then Erik, before his eyes shot back over to Gwen. "S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't backing this up in any way. Hell, they'll probably send their agents after us when they hear about this. We're, erm... on our own here. The tower and it's functions are about all I have to offer." Peter didn't want to get into the long list of weapons, suit manufacturing systems, and the single Quinjet left at the tower, but the main point had to be made. If any of these people were to join, they'd be going up against government enforcement more or less, and breaking a couple rules on the way.

Leave it to Clarissa to overwhelm Peter with an even longer list of questions he couldn't answer. He couldn't even acknowledge Lucky's cuteness at his feet, as he was tasked to answer so much with everybody's eyes on him. One mistake, sign of vulnerability, and confidence in his idea could vanish.

"To answer your question Darric, anyone who's in need of accommodation is free to stay at the tower. But it's not mandatory, Cliff. I still expect you all to live out lives of your own, God knows I wish I could. Anybody who's still under 18, or just turned will have to enroll at Midtown High. To prepare a stable future if things here don't work out." He started. "My bridges with any outside organizations like I mentioned, have been burned to a crisp. But we'll have each other, and I hope that means something to all of you. Trust will be our superpower, especially for those without any." Pete flashed a short grin at Cliff before continuing his speech. "The tower is 93 storeys high with more technological advancements than you can imagine. Stark tech is like that. Lap pools, dojos, state of the art gyms, a medical bay where we can utilize Cliff to her full potential. And yes, a loveable A.I. named Karen."

"It's not heaven, and some things need to be fixed up and modified. Most of the rooms have even belonged to old Avengers. But we've got to be resourceful with what we have. If that means breaking into S.H.I.E.L.D. a couple times, I hope you're all okay with that."
Peter coughed after speaking, the cold air certainly wasn't helping.

Adrik's text sounded over at the hyper-technological watch installment located on the wrist of Peter's suit. He quickly read over its contents, and decided it was time the group decided for themselves if they wanted to be a part of something big.

"State of the art communications systems to keep us all in touch." Peter announced, and opened his palm in front of it. A small pile of ear-pieces were seated in his hand, each with the shortened Stark Industries logo, "S.I." "When you wear them, they'll blend into the colour of your skin to avoid being noticed. You can turn them on and off, and reach out to your comrades should you choose to join. You wouldn't be obligated to stay at the tower to keep in touch. "

"I think it's worth saying that none of us are supposed to be staying at the Avenger's Tower. So if you could all just fly up the 93 storeys or switch to my friend, Adrik's channel, he can give you a portal into the building."
He chuckled slightly at that.

"So... who's in?"

mood; antsy, on edge. | location; avengers facility ruins. | tags; everyone​
spider-man.

code by low fidelity.

Felix Markov
"Elsa and Jack Frost got nothing on me"
mood: . intrigued

outfit: . plain white t-shirt and jeans

mentions: . Maude, Maddox, Gwen, Angela, Peter, Nadia

interactions: . Nadia _amaranth_ _amaranth_ , Angela fin fin

tags: .

Felix did his best to observe everything going on at the same time, while continuing his cigarette. He watched as two others, calling themselves Copycats, changed bodies. It was a weird thing to see, and he couldn’t help wondering if what he had just seen was the true them or if what he was seeing now was their true form, or maybe they looked completely different from now. Though their powers baffled Felix, and he made a mental note to not be near them on the first of April, he agreed with their sentiments. He wasn’t much either, on very few occasions had he ever used his powers for good. His powers had mostly been utilised for foolish everyday things and meaningless fights.

For a little while he considered what had made these people here eligible for this job, why them? Peter’s spider senses calling or was it all random?

He cast his eyes to the next person who spoke; a girl he hadn’t noticed earlier, but that was now standing outside of their little group. She, just like the copycats, asked good questions and Felix was glad someone else took the duty of questioning them to the web slinger.

For the past few minutes he had been so focused on the conversation in front of him that he hadn’t noticed Angela sneaking up on him until she was by his side. Unintentionally the mask he wore to school was back, and he gave her his usual grin, bright and charming but with no genuine feelings behind it. The voices of the others had faded of into the back of his head, but he kept an ear out for any key words that might be important.

“I could ask you the same Angie,” he said, turning towards her, offering her his cigarette. As she made the connection between him and Nadia, he turned to acknowledge his sister before turning his attention back to Angela. “It’s more like she brought me here,”

“And I’m hurt that you don’t think there is more to me than a pretty face,”
He continued, feigning a hurt voice, before giving Angela a complete top to bottom scan. “What about you? I mean I can totally imagine you in a spandex suit, but are the drills you cheerleaders do enough to qualify you as a superhero?"

A part of him had wanted to do a little show for Angela, to show her his powers, but when he heard Peter start a longer speech, he turned his attention back to him. As he spoke, Felix squeezed Nadia’s hand a bit, just to show her that he was there, and to make sure she was still there. By the end, Felix stared at the communication pieces in Peter’s hand. A part of him had enjoyed the idea of breaking into SHIELD, there was so much they had that could be useful or interesting.

“What do you say Naddy? I’ll be with you no matter what decision you make,” Felix turned to look at his sister, he knew she was unsure about the whole thing, but he also knew she was a person that wanted to do good. As he looked into her eyes, he let himself think at how the future could be if they became a part of this. It was odd, he hadn’t felt very much of anything the last couple of years other than the negative emotions gnawing at him, but now he could sense the excitement making his heart pump. Despite giving Nadia the ultimate choice, a part of him hoped she would say yes.

code by valen t.

GoldenAgonizingAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gifGwendolyn Faust
Interaction: fin fin (Peter)
Mentioned: .empathogen. .empathogen. (Darric) low fidelity low fidelity (the twins) EddieTeddie EddieTeddie (Felix) natsukashii natsukashii (Erik) _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ (Cliff)
Mood: Cold, Suspicious

She noticed two things first. The others in the group seemed a little surprised by her appearance, something that almost made the young woman chuckle. And Peter's reaction. A glance down toward his hands confirmed that he was either expecting an attack or prepared for her to make a move that endangered him or the others present. Something that forced her to find back a scoff as she rolled her eyes, arms still crossed as she made no other movement. Before the spider boy could answer her inquiries, however, one of the other girls present stepped forward. She expanded on what Gwen had said, which Gwen nodded to. If anyone here was going to go and toss in their hat with him, they may as well know how this whole thing was going to work.

The other conversation going on nearby could go ignored as Peter answered her question. He had no resources that would be a huge draw to someone in her position or any of their positions. Though it did raise the question of how he got their information. Gwen was pretty much off the grid as it was, except for her recent enrollment to finish senior year, she didn't have anything but a driver's license in her name. Learning they would have living arrangements and full access to Stark Tower was admittedly pretty dope though, and would sure as hell be an upgrade to her current living arrangement. "So would we all be allowed to operate as we see fit? Or is this a mandatory boy scout rules kinds thing?" It was no secret to those here who knew of her that the Iron Bull didn't have a long list of enemies. And it was like that for a reason, either through intimidation or just taking care of it, Gwen surely operated outside of what most of these people saw as normal. But at the same time, anyone who was around during the first five years of career would know otherwise. After all, Gwen was the one making sure kids got to sleep easy at night.

"Oh and since you don't have the resources you used to have, how much on the fence are you about using what the rest of us have to offer, no matter what they might be?"

b8dcd4bf167bfbf6c5866a04785440ae.gifMichelle Jones
Interaction: Adrik ( KingHalliwell KingHalliwell )
Mentioned: fin fin (Peter)

MJ was stressed about tonight. Not that her being stressed was anything new, but it was certainly more present today than it had been the past few weeks. Sure it was her prodding that may have caused Peter to finally make this decision but it didn't mean the idea of him meeting with potential dangerous (in fact a few of them were dangerous) recruits was any less concerning. MJ had wanted to go with him, but in true Peter fashion, he told her to stay behind. At least she was able to come to the tower. Recently juggling her family, and both jobs meant she could do little more than call him. And not being able to act like a normal couple anyway was...stressful enough. But they would get to sat talk a bit later, so she was admittedly looking forward to it. So here she sat in Stark Tower, a ball of yarn in her lap and needles in her hands. MJ had about three rows, alternating knit and purl stitch, for the beginning of a scarf or something.

When she first picked up this hobby, she expected to drop it after a few weeks for something else. But honestly...it was surprising how much she actually liked it. While it could be a little difficult at times, it was relaxing and gave her something to focus on that wasn't picking at her cuticles. Or overthinking about the many ways that meeting could go wrong for Peter. Honestly, it was probably the healthiest coping mechanism she had. And now she had a small collection of knitted practice items, and a few finished real projects, like a pair of socks she made her mom. She had also made some for Peter a while ago. Anyway, she was sitting in the hall, not entirely sure on the reason why when she heard a voice calling out for her.

It was Adrik. He had been at the tower for a while, and the two of them were pretty cool with each other now. So, MJ felt a little better hearing his voice and knowing she wouldn't have to be waiting alone much longer. With a soft smile, she decided for now to put her crafts away, tucking them neatly into her bag before she stood up and started heading off to the living room nearby. Only he wasn't there when she showed up. Sitting her bag on the couch, MJ turned and headed off to the rooms, knowing which one to look for, she knocked on his door as soon as she reached it. "Welcome back. You eaten dinner yet?"

maude & maddox
"the copycats"

The fact that Peter Parker, the Spider-Man was aware of their heroics made Maude and Maddox shut up for a solid minute. It left a tight feeling in her chest, something like awe and disbelief and pride melding together, a warm stone weighing heavy. Their small escapades were something to be proud of after all. And then, the words "I will," finalized her thoughts on the matter. Maude gave a sharp nod, satisfied with their team leader's answer, and gave her brother a look of questioning. A silent quirk of the eyebrow said 'You in?' to which he responded with a nod.

"Good. That's what I like to hear." Maude smiled at Peter, a mischievous look with her flushed cheeks and now-known appearance changing trickery, and took a step back as the rest of the group continued their conversations and questions. Plenty of questions still burned in her mind, especially as more questions were asked. The girl with the black hair seemed to intimidate the others, but Maude only watched with curious eyes as she asked very good questions. Maybe, just maybe, the group would be able to get along.

"You sure we can do this?" Maddox mumbled in her ear as the scene continued to unfold. Despite the amount of people, and how much trust they were all about to put into each other, the two still seemed a bit far off. Somewhere in their own bubble. For so long, it had been Maude and Maddox vs. the World. That type of sibling bonding wouldn't disappear just yet. The brunette nudged her brother with a sharp elbow. "If he thinks so, then yeah. I'm sure." She replied quietly. To that, Maddox snorted. "Didn't know you were such a Spidey fan girl. It's adorable." And to that, her brother received a much sharper elbow to the ribs. "Shut up, you are so lucky I brought you along. You wanna live in the Avengers tower or not?"

Maddox gave a small harrumph of a sigh and shoved his slowly numbing hands into his hoodie pockets. The two quickly quelled their conversation as Peter's speech continued. This wasn't some small time vigilante gig. For lack of better term, this was big in the sibling's minds, an enormous step-up from the few times they had flexed their abilities to help the locals in their neighborhood. At least a few of them were in already. Maude gave the Avengers tower one long look, surprisingly silent in contemplation. She had never expected life to lead them to this point, it was almost unbelievable. Even with Peter's affirmations, there was still doubt at the back of her mind, a cruel ghost of a whisper. From mean scrappy foster kids to heroes? It sounded like make-believe.

"We're in." Maude stepped forward again to pluck two ear pieces from Peter's hand, handing one to her brother. "Breaking into S.H.I.E.L.D? Now that sounds fun. You don't gotta sell it so hard, I think you've got everyone convinced." Her sarcasm was evident, but she was thrilled at the ideas he was offering, and the girl slipped the ear piece into place. Maddox mirrored his sister, doing the same. "I definitely wanna see the Avengers tower, so uh, yeah." He tapped the ear piece once and spoke into it. "Hey, Mr. Adrik, Spidey-Boy said you could get us up to the tower? Pop a portal for us, please."
mood: pleasantly surprised. ; outfits: & ; location: avengers facility ruins ; tags: fin fin KingHalliwell KingHalliwell

code by low fidelity.

The fact that Peter Parker, the Spider-Man was aware of their heroics made Maude and Maddox shut up for a solid minute. It left a tight feeling in her chest, something like awe and disbelief and pride melding together, a warm stone weighing heavy. Their small escapades were something to be proud of after all. And then, the words "I will," finalized her thoughts on the matter. Maude gave a sharp nod, satisfied with their team leader's answer, and gave her brother a look of questioning. A silent quirk of the eyebrow said 'You in?' to which he responded with a nod.

"Good. That's what I like to hear." Maude smiled at Peter, a mischievous look with her flushed cheeks and now-known appearance changing trickery, and took a step back as the rest of the group continued their conversations and questions. Plenty of questions still burned in her mind, especially as more questions were asked. The girl with the black hair seemed to intimidate the others, but Maude only watched with curious eyes as she asked very good questions. Maybe, just maybe, the group would be able to get along.

"You sure we can do this?" Maddox mumbled in her ear as the scene continued to unfold. Despite the amount of people, and how much trust they were all about to put into each other, the two still seemed a bit far off. Somewhere in their own bubble. For so long, it had been Maude and Maddox vs. the World. That type of sibling bonding wouldn't disappear just yet. The brunette nudged her brother with a sharp elbow. "If he thinks so, then yeah. I'm sure." She replied quietly. To that, Maddox snorted. "Didn't know you were such a Spidey fan girl. It's adorable." And to that, her brother received a much sharper elbow to the ribs. "Shut up, you are so lucky I brought you along. You wanna live in the Avengers tower or not?"

Maddox gave a small harrumph of a sigh and shoved his slowly numbing hands into his hoodie pockets. The two quickly quelled their conversation as Peter's speech continued. This wasn't some small time vigilante gig. For lack of better term, this was big in the sibling's minds, an enormous step-up from the few times they had flexed their abilities to help the locals in their neighborhood. At least a few of them were in already. Maude gave the Avengers tower one long look, surprisingly silent in contemplation. She had never expected life to lead them to this point, it was almost unbelievable. Even with Peter's affirmations, there was still doubt at the back of her mind, a cruel ghost of a whisper. From mean scrappy foster kids to heroes? It sounded like make-believe.

"We're in." Maude stepped forward again to pluck two ear pieces from Peter's hand, handing one to her brother. "Breaking into S.H.I.E.L.D? Now that sounds fun. You don't gotta sell it so hard, I think you've got everyone convinced." Her sarcasm was evident, but she was thrilled at the ideas he was offering, and the girl slipped the ear piece into place. Maddox mirrored his sister, doing the same. "I definitely wanna see the Avengers tower, so uh, yeah." He tapped the ear piece once and spoke into it. "Hey, Mr. Adrik, Spidey-Boy said you could get us up to the tower? Pop a portal for us, please."

-- -- mood: pleasantly surprised. ; outfits: & ; location: avengers facility ruins ; tags: fin fin KingHalliwell KingHalliwell

CLARISSA MILANI-BARTON
Cliff hadn't meant to completely overwhelm Peter with a non-stop stream of questions, but it just sort of happened. She had two modes when it came to making decisions in life, either throwing herself head in without really thinking (and dealing with the inevitable consequences later) or, to think it through methodically, ask questions on anything and everything, and do her hardest to pick holes in whatever somebody was offering. The second way was her default when dealing with SHIELD, so it made some kind of logical sense to subject Peter to the same rapid fire inquisition that she'd give to whatever SHIELD was trying to recruit her. Or at least that's how Cliff was justifying it to herself.

Credit to Peter where it was due, he answered her questions with complete confidence and conviction in himself, making it evident that there had been a lot of thought put into this team-up, that it wasn't just some spur of the moment 3 a.m. mad idea (Cliff had had quite a few of those in her life and usually they didn't end particularly well). As he talked she couldn't help compare it to what SHIELD was offering her. There were some similarities- tech, training facilities, a chance to work with a team as part of something bigger (in SHIELD's case it was one of their junior agent initiatives). But there were other aspects of Peter's proposal that SHIELD were not offering her (and showed no signs of ever even considering offering her), and these were the exact things that drew her in.

The idea of being allowed to run a medical wing kitted out with Stark Tech caused a massive grin to appear on her face. Even if the Tower wasn't in the greatest condition, Stark tech was seriously dope, the company hadn't expanded much into the medical field, but even Tony stark was human and needed to be patched up (though it was usually Clint who was there). Cliff knew that Peter, like SHIELD, didn't exactly approve of her plans to go into medicine and para medicine (not that she needed their approval), but it was refreshing for somebody in the hero business (even if it was somebody who'd been outed named and shamed for something Cliff didn't think he did) to accept that, yes, she did indeed do more than run around with a Palaeolithic era weapon, firing pointy sticks at whatever was threat of the week. The fact that having a normal life was not just allowed, but encouraged was the icing on the cake. She got to actually continue with her paramedic job and her studies, as well as being able to come and go pretty much as she pleased.

She nearly choked on her coffee at the phrase 'trust is our superpower', but managed to quickly regain some form of dignity, wiping a hand across her nose to remove the few coffee droplets coming out, praying that everybody was just think she was cold or something. "Peter, if I wanted that much cheese at this hour of the night, I'd order a pizza or something. Jubilee pizza have an excellent late night deal" she couldn't help but remark, a comment that would be drowned out to most of the others by Peter's speech.

The idea of stealing from SHIELD produced a broader smirk than any normal person would have. It wasn't as if Cliff hadn't done it before. Nick Fury had turned a very interesting shade of puce when berating her for stealing his private credit card and used it to buy pizza for every staff member in the ED department she was working in that night. "You know me, I'm always up for messing with SHIELD. And with how they're treating me these days, I'm up for committing some illegal stuff in revenge." She shrugged as if it was the most casual, normal sentence in the world, reaching out with her free hand to pick out an earpiece.

Looking at the ear pieces in Peter's hand, it was easy to tell which pair was for her. While all the others were discreet, sleek and designed to be as unnoticeable as possible, Cliff's had clearly been designed with her disability in mind and therefore was the exact opposite. Any comms unit she used had to be combined with a working hearing aid, otherwise there was no point in her even having it in the first place. "The colour will have to be changed on this, for obvious reasons, no need for it to blend in." Had the hearing aid-comm device been purple already Cliff would have taken it as a sign that joining was a good idea. "Asides from that I need to make a call and get the car taken care of, I'm not letting it get trashed.... again." The Dodge had had a particularly colourful history, including being caught up in a hurricane. "But once you tell me that pets are allowed and there's a plentiful supply of good quality coffee tucked away somewhere, then I'm persuaded and definitely in." As she spoke she flicked on the new Stark tech comms, creating a brief, high pitched burst of feedback noise as the two hearing aids disagreed with one another, which stopped a few seconds later when she flicked it off "Sorry" she called over her shoulder to everybody else. "These are gonna need some fine tuning I think, or maybe my existing pair can already connect to the frequency".

cb2.jpg
Tags: Spiderman fin fin All at the ruins

Cliff hadn't meant to completely overwhelm Peter with a non-stop stream of questions, but it just sort of happened. She had two modes when it came to making decisions in life, either throwing herself head in without really thinking (and dealing with the inevitable consequences later) or, to think it through methodically, ask questions on anything and everything, and do her hardest to pick holes in whatever somebody was offering. The second way was her default when dealing with SHIELD, so it made some kind of logical sense to subject Peter to the same rapid fire inquisition that she'd give to whatever SHIELD was trying to recruit her. Or at least that's how Cliff was justifying it to herself.

Credit to Peter where it was due, he answered her questions with complete confidence and conviction in himself, making it evident that there had been a lot of thought put into this team-up, that it wasn't just some spur of the moment 3 a.m. mad idea (Cliff had had quite a few of those in her life and usually they didn't end particularly well). As he talked she couldn't help compare it to what SHIELD was offering her. There were some similarities- tech, training facilities, a chance to work with a team as part of something bigger (in SHIELD's case it was one of their junior agent initiatives). But there were other aspects of Peter's proposal that SHIELD were not offering her (and showed no signs of ever even considering offering her), and these were the exact things that drew her in.

The idea of being allowed to run a medical wing kitted out with Stark Tech caused a massive grin to appear on her face. Even if the Tower wasn't in the greatest condition, Stark tech was seriously dope, the company hadn't expanded much into the medical field, but even Tony stark was human and needed to be patched up (though it was usually Clint who was there). Cliff knew that Peter, like SHIELD, didn't exactly approve of her plans to go into medicine and para medicine (not that she needed their approval), but it was refreshing for somebody in the hero business (even if it was somebody who'd been outed named and shamed for something Cliff didn't think he did) to accept that, yes, she did indeed do more than run around with a Palaeolithic era weapon, firing pointy sticks at whatever was threat of the week. The fact that having a normal life was not just allowed, but encouraged was the icing on the cake. She got to actually continue with her paramedic job and her studies, as well as being able to come and go pretty much as she pleased.

She nearly choked on her coffee at the phrase 'trust is our superpower', but managed to quickly regain some form of dignity, wiping a hand across her nose to remove the few coffee droplets coming out, praying that everybody was just think she was cold or something. "Peter, if I wanted that much cheese at this hour of the night, I'd order a pizza or something. Jubilee pizza have an excellent late night deal" she couldn't help but remark, a comment that would be drowned out to most of the others by Peter's speech.

The idea of stealing from SHIELD produced a broader smirk than any normal person would have. It wasn't as if Cliff hadn't done it before. Nick Fury had turned a very interesting shade of puce when berating her for stealing his private credit card and used it to buy pizza for every staff member in the ED department she was working in that night. "You know me, I'm always up for messing with SHIELD. And with how they're treating me these days, I'm up for committing some illegal stuff in revenge." She shrugged as if it was the most casual, normal sentence in the world, reaching out with her free hand to pick out an earpiece.

Looking at the ear pieces in Peter's hand, it was easy to tell which pair was for her. While all the others were discreet, sleek and designed to be as unnoticeable as possible, Cliff's had clearly been designed with her disability in mind and therefore was the exact opposite. Any comms unit she used had to be combined with a working hearing aid, otherwise there was no point in her even having it in the first place. "The colour will have to be changed on this, for obvious reasons, no need for it to blend in." Had the hearing aid-comm device been purple already Cliff would have taken it as a sign that joining was a good idea. "Asides from that I need to make a call and get the car taken care of, I'm not letting it get trashed.... again." The Dodge had had a particularly colourful history, including being caught up in a hurricane. "But once you tell me that pets are allowed and there's a plentiful supply of good quality coffee tucked away somewhere, then I'm persuaded and definitely in." As she spoke she flicked on the new Stark tech comms, creating a brief, high pitched burst of feedback noise as the two hearing aids disagreed with one another, which stopped a few seconds later when she flicked it off "Sorry" she called over her shoulder to everybody else. "These are gonna need some fine tuning I think, or maybe my existing pair can already connect to the frequency".

strength of

"I- Yes, I guess." Angela stammered, but truth be told, she couldn't picture either twin patrolling the mean streets of New York, as powered heroes on top of that. Angela didn't know a whole lot about them-- they were a new addition to Midtown High after all, yet she'd always seen Felix as the stereotype high school charmer, and Nadia as-- well, she was still learning about Nadia. While closed off from time to time, Angela felt like she'd constructed a bridge of sorts between her and Nadia, they were getting close, yet she didn't anticipate for things to get this close. Felix-- no, she just couldn't fathom him being a part of this.

Woah. At least one thing stayed the same, Angie thought to herself. She never was quite able to handle the charm of Felix's grin. Still, Angela stiffened just as quickly as she'd blushed, and nervously tucked her hair behind her ear. She bit at the inside of her cheek to keep composure. The freezing cold helped sell it too.

"I'll do so much more than just hurt you when I get to the bottom of," Angela waved a hand over Felix, and inadvertedly Nadia. She hoped she didn't hurt the girl she considered a friend, yet certainly felt a tinge of hurt herself because something like this was kept secret from her. "...this. Also, the boys do half the conditioning we do, yet we're a glorified dance mob. If we got half as much funding-- Wrong place, wrong time." Angela sighed. She released her clenched fists, and turned her sights over to Peter Parker. Her competitiveness was getting the best of her, and like she'd mentioned, being recruited by Spider-Man was not a place to argue. The whole reason she was present in the first place was him after all.

Peter's words were hardly reassuring to start. It was cute how he'd started with the shapeshifting twins-- even though they gave her the heebie jeebies. Maybe the whole appearance-switching trope would've seemed more amusing in daylight. What he said was far from reassuring, but it was obvious he'd been bumpbed and bruise so many times, he was now lacking foundation. Angela squinted her eyes, could Peter Parker not afford a razor? He looked like shit, and while she was only a rookie vigilante, even she could tell that Peter was playing all his cards out now. Not everyone had agreed, yet he'd disclosed all his connections (or lack thereof), and the resources he currently had. Not like Angela had any problem with it. All she had to do was tell her abuelo she was at her cousin's every couple nights, she already attended Midtown High, and the offer just seemed to lucrative to her.

One thing left her unsettled though-- she'd protected her fair share of bodegas yet it was the twins, and the two other girls getting all the credit and love. She'd have her chance to prove herself to the Spider-Man soon.

Angela stepped forwards to Spider-Man, and as she got closer, she could really sense the wariness in him. A shell of what he once was. "Damn." She whispered to herself, and swiped three sets of ear pieces.

"I told you I'm going to get to the bottom of the both of you." Angela stated in a serious tone. Her eyes didn't waver as they stared between Nadia and Felix. "So I took the liberty of making the decision for you guys." She extended an open palm of all the ear pieces, and glanced back at the apologizing Cliff as static ran through the three. Way to shit on my moment.

mood; anxious. | location; avengers facility ruins. | tags; felix EddieTeddie EddieTeddie nadia _amaranth_ _amaranth_ cliff _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ spidey​
the tiger.

code by low fidelity.

Adrik Rurik

MOOD
Concerned for his friend

Avenger’s Tower to Avenger’s Upstate Facility

MENTIONS/INTERACTIONS
low fidelity low fidelity (Maude) fin fin (peter)

INTERACTIONS

OUTFIT

Adrik hadn’t really gotten into the episode when MJ’s knocking pulled his attention to the door. He flashed a smile in her direction, before sliding to the edge of the bed and standing up. “No I haven’t eaten yet, but food sounds great,” Adrik answered, grabbing his sling ring from the bedside table, “training with the Masters never fails to make me hungry.” He added, following MJ to the living area.

“Heard anything from Peter yet?” Adrik asked, glancing down at his Apple Watch. He hoped things were going well, but there was an itch in the back of his mind that worried about the uncertainty of the ‘what if’ statement Peter and he had discussed a few days ago. There was no way of knowing if the intentions of those invited to the battlegrounds were good, and there was no way of knowing what people would do to claim Spider-Man as a notch on their belt.

But he pushed those thoughts from his mind as he opened the fridge, searching for ingredients to make literally anything, which seemed in possible. “Hey Karen, remind us to go grocery shopping,” He called out, closing the door to the fridge. “So take out?” Adrik asked, turning to look at MJ and pulling his phone out to pull up some take out menus. Glancing up as the comm system sounded with an unfamiliar voice asking for a portal.

“New recruit?” He asked, slipping the sling ring on his fingers and pocketing his phone again. He quickly drew a circle in the air with his hand, opening a crackling light blue and green portal to the battlefield. A hazy image of Peter and a cluster of people appearing. “Shall we?” He asked MJ as he stepped through, keeping the portal open as he looked over at Peter with a confident smile.

coded by weldherwings.

Adrik hadn’t really gotten into the episode when MJ’s knocking pulled his attention to the door. He flashed a smile in her direction, before sliding to the edge of the bed and standing up. “No I haven’t eaten yet, but food sounds great,” Adrik answered, grabbing his sling ring from the bedside table, “training with the Masters never fails to make me hungry.” He added, following MJ to the living area.

“Heard anything from Peter yet?” Adrik asked, glancing down at his Apple Watch. He hoped things were going well, but there was an itch in the back of his mind that worried about the uncertainty of the ‘what if’ statement Peter and he had discussed a few days ago. There was no way of knowing if the intentions of those invited to the battlegrounds were good, and there was no way of knowing what people would do to claim Spider-Man as a notch on their belt.

But he pushed those thoughts from his mind as he opened the fridge, searching for ingredients to make literally anything, which seemed in possible. “Hey Karen, remind us to go grocery shopping,” He called out, closing the door to the fridge. “So take out?” Adrik asked, turning to look at MJ and pulling his phone out to pull up some take out menus. Glancing up as the comm system sounded with an unfamiliar voice asking for a portal.

“New recruit?” He asked, slipping the sling ring on his fingers and pocketing his phone again. He quickly drew a circle in the air with his hand, opening a crackling light blue and green portal to the battlefield. A hazy image of Peter and a cluster of people appearing. “Shall we?” He asked MJ as he stepped through, keeping the portal open as he looked over at Peter with a confident smile.

mood
Cold
Outside of the ruins of Avengers Mansion; NYC, NY
outfit
Thorson go bzz
interactions
Adrik
mentions
Everyone
tags
KingHalliwell KingHalliwell

Erik had already said his piece and made it clear where he stood. So that’s why he had been uncharacteristically silent during most of what had been said, though his eyes observed everything. He saw Angela approach the redhead with a curious gaze. He watched as those twins did...whatever it was they did, and then his interest peaked when the edgy goth girl asked about S.H.I.E.L.D.

The mention of that organization brought Erik back to a time where he was still very young. He spent so many years with S.H.I.E.L.D. They trained him, educated him of the world his mother came from, and helped his moral compass develop into something both Thor and Jane would be proud of. The mention of Shield also reminded him of his history with Clarissa and how they always were at odds but in a playful sense. It reminded him of learning about the first and second wave of the Avengers.

He smiled. It was a small curve of the lips but the fond memories showed on his face.

And it lasted all of three seconds when Angela and some guy started to...flirt? Erik knew flirting. He was quite skilled at it. He was a lot better at it than this punk was.

His fists tightened into fists. Jealousy was a funny thing for Erik. Asgardian pride demanded he bash that smug idiot’s face into the snow-covered ground and his mother’s voice in his head needed him to have a genuine reason -- like when she had told him she punched his Uncle Loki in the face one time. He needed a reason like that.

All I need is something that won’t make me feel guilty for sending his guy flying into the cosmos.

As he contemplated his options, Erik -- and most likely, everyone else, too -- was brought out of his own pettiness when Peter spoke about why they were here and in greater detail. Erik kind of knew what to expect. He figured they were on their own, but what he didn’t anticipate was the mention of Midtown High. Erik had world-class training and education. He could kill a man in fifty different ways per Asgardian means, but high school? He was...not completely bothered by it. He’d never been to an actual high school. The closest he came was whatever S.H.I.E.L.D. had in its stead. So to say that he would have to do that as a cover threw him.

And as he sat on Peter’s words some more, he found himself chuckling along with Clarissa. He didn’t quite understand her particular distrust of Shield but Erik couldn’t help but laugh at the fact that they were given this grand summons just to be told that those who were vigilantes, the thought in which had Erik glancing once again over at Angela. Between the two of them, New york was saved countless times thanks to their intervention.

Suddenly a crackling sound alerted Erik behind Peter. Green and light blue magical energy started to spin, opening a rip between dimensions. Beside a girl who Erik would say was reasonably attractive, Erik saw an old friend of his. “It’s about time you showed your face, Adrik!”

Erik Thorson
coded by hanthesunbeam

darric summers.
mood: Xerxes by Deftones — outfit — interactions: fin fin — tags
It was good to see that everybody else was on board with the proposition. The team had numbers, which made Darric feel comfortable. His senses flickered as he was about to make a comment about the fact that there was company coming onto the sight. Peter Parker's aura, along with everyone else's, faded into an inferno scape that replaced the scene. Darric already knew what was going on. He'd been to this place far too many times before. He looked down to see that his blue and black outfit had shifted in color to a brilliant white with bold gold accents.

"You must tell them... Warn them of what lies ahead," the voice centered in what looked to be wings guarding its true nature.

"Now isn't the time. And I am not your host... Yet." Darric whispered, knowing it was only a matter of time before he gave in. He tried holding out, refusing this entity but each time the call was louder and louder.

"They will know when the time comes. You are displaced. The only power that keeps you here resides in the bonds you make. You cement yourself in a world you don't belong to. Catastrophe follows your every footstep. Will you forfeit their fate by fearing me? "

" I DON'T FEAR YOU! " Darric screamed into the thought space, causing the entity to open its wings in retaliation. They stood gridlocked. And, just as soon as he was there he was back in reality, floating before his friends. Not a second had passed by. That was how the Phoenix worked with him. They were in almost perfect sync now. Darric unfurled his legs and pointed toward the green portal being spun open by a stranger. He caught his composure rapidly, a beaming smile placed on his lips where the truth should have been flowing.

"Hey, Mr. Parker," he called out, not bothering to read anyone's head at the moment. "Is this our ride?" He asked, with the unsaid words of the Force still playing in his head.

I'm the only way you won't destroy another reality.

spectacular, spectacular

"We don't go around the book unless we have to." Peter snapped in Gwen's direction. He knew what the Iron Bull was capable of, and that he'd much rather her an ally than as an opponent. Still, it didn't make him any more comfortable with her morals and rule towards killing.

Peter was brought back down to earth by the voices of Clarissa, and the twins though. A second more and he might not have been able to keep his cool. For a split second, his smile was wider than just bearing a couple teeth. There was a wide crease at the corner of his lips as when he watched Maude pick up her won ear piece. While the sarcasm was laced all in her tone, he was pretty sure he'd gotten to her much more than she had the others. Maybe she wouldn't show it, but he nodded at himself with a subtle hue of pride.

To Clarissa's words, Peter simply cocked a brow towards her, his smile fading slightly but evidently still there. "I wouldn't want it any other way." He waved courtly over at Lucky, and bent down to pick up the mask the dog had dropped over at his feet. When he'd first come across Cliff and her father, besides geeking over the Star Wars fandom, and competing in their acrobatics, Peter had done nothing less than gush over Lucky.

Things were finally coming together with this group, even if it was just weak 'yeses' and grabs at the comms in his hand. Peter Parker needed a win, and he had a feeling this was going to be it.

Peter turned around slowly to face the crackling of green sparks tearing through space. The circle opened up a reflection that lead into Stark Tower, and inside of it, Adrik and MJ. "It sure is." Peter nodded, and without hesitation, stepped into the portal. The cold had been beating at him, even with the warmers in his suit, and he wasn't sure how much longer he could last outside.

"Adrik." he greeted with a firm pat at his friend's chest. His skin was burning at the quick transition from the outdoor cold, into the tower's warmth, and so while he would've wanted to say more, Peter slipped into the kitchen where the portal lead. He was sure Adrik knew of his gratitude though, the other man always did, and that's why Peter enjoyed him so much. It was amazing having a friend that could read you like a book-- most of the time.

At Michelle, Peter's smile turned to a grin. He glanced back over at the team over on the other side of the portal, and sighed. "Don't rub in me having my bases covered just because I didn't get hurt today, okay?" He whined over at the fact that he'd basically forced MJ to stay at the tower that night, and MJ never stayed put without a fight. If things had went left, he wouldn't have been able to live with himself. "You know who I trust out of them. Stay on your toes with the rest." He added in a hushed tone.

As much as he believed her to be just as strong, if not stronger than him, at the end of the day both Adrik and Peter were equipped with otherwordly abilities that Michelle didn't have. His distrust of the group never lied in them attacking him, but much rather his partner that'd stuck with him through this nightmare, MJ. If anything happened to her-- he wasn't sure how he'd be able to hold himself together. He'd already lost Aunt May.

Peter stepped over to Michelle's side, facing the portal as those that wished entered, and found his fingers instinctively locking with hers.

mood; anxious. | location; avengers tower. | tags; mj FireMaiden FireMaiden , adrik KingHalliwell KingHalliwell , cliff _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ , gwen, maude & amddox low fidelity low fidelity
spider-man.

code by low fidelity.

CLARISSA MILANI-BARTON
Cliff knew that Peter would never say she couldn't bring Lucky to the Tower, he loved the dog pretty almost as much as she, Clint and Barney did. Peter had met Cliff and Lucky on the same day (he'd already known Clint beforehand) and it was fair to say that upon seeing the Labrador Peter had turned into a cooing, gushy mess (a sight completely at odds with the haggard, unkempt man currently standing in front of her). "Well that's that sorted then." She grinned puling out her phone from her pocket and began typing a message to her uncle. He knew exactly where she was, and knew what Peter was doing. There were few secrets Cliff could keep from him (or her father). And even if she'd wanted to keep this thing secret, barney had been there when she opened the letter of summons from Peter, going as far as to read to over her shoulder.

Cliff looked up when the portal opened, extremely impressed by it. Logically Cliff knew it was possible to use magic to make such portals, but this was the first time she'd actually seen one in action and she was freaking out ever so slightly in excitement )and may even have gone so far as to let out a 'wooooah, now that's what I'm talking about"). Maybe if Peter had opened the meeting of this merry band of misfits (they weren't Avengers just yet in Cliff's eyes) by arriving through a portal she wouldn't have been so sceptical and blunt about the whole thing, too busy being in awe of the portal. And then two people stepped through it, the male was of little interest to Cliff, all her attention had been taken up by the girl beside him- tall, mixed race, with the hair Cliff was always kind of slightly jealous of (as she knew she could never even attempt to grow so much hair) and despite being faced with a bunch of super powered people, this girl didn't look too phased by the whole thing. In other words pretty much exactly Cliff's type. To prevent herself from saying anything stupid and making an arse of herself in front of Hot Girl (Cliff didn't exactly have a great track record of staying cool around good looking girls), Cliff took a loooong slurp of coffee (coffee, she firmly believed, would solve all problems).

As the others made their way through the portal Cliff trudged across the field back to the car, Lucky at her heels, cursing herself for not having the foresight to bring her backs with her. After popping the trunk with some difficulty (it had never worked the same since the car had been almost completely written off) she reached in and grabbed the two bulky holdalls and smaller backpack (which served as her schoolbag and contained various textbooks, at least six highlighters and a massive jotter). One holdall was filled with archery equipment (arrows, quiver, spare bow strings, bows, gauntlets and her sort of costume), while the other was filled with everyday things including spare clothes, shoes, dog bowls, leash and food (because despite what Lucky liked to think he couldn't survive on just pizza), a selection of biscuits, and, naturally, to the surprise of absolutely nobody who even vaguely knew Cliff, a massive tub of coffee. Now laden down with bags she trudged back to the portal, which, thankfully was still there.

Passing through the portal was a strange experience for Cliff, she gestured for Lucky to stay close as she entered. Cliff had been expecting some kind of nausea, or some sense of moving, or at the very least to pass through some sort of swirling vortex tunnel. But it was as if somebody had just made a direct hole between the two places. This wasn't her first time in Avengers Tower, she'd visited a couple of times before and the familiarity of it was strangely welcoming. Both Clint and Barney had lived there, though everybody had mistaken Barney for Clint after Thanos' Snap. Which would have been highly offensive had the Bartons and Natasha not spent hours laughing about it. Clint was so clearly blond while Barney had reddish-brown hair and far more stubble than his brother. Pulling out her phone she sent another text to Barney asking him to give her both his and Clint's Avenger's Tower swipecards. if they still worked and there were any secret areas to find, she was going to do her damnedest to to get into them.

As Lucky bounded off to re-familiarise himself with the Tower, Cliff turned to Peter who was standing beside Hot Girl, holding her hand. Ah. Well then, looks like she's taken. And very much of out bounds if she's Peter's girl. Even if he had changed, she wasn't going to steal his girlfriend. And besides, it's not like he'd ever know what she was thinking. Peter Parker, was many things, but not a telepath. Or maybe he was now and could see every single thought going through her head. Shit, maybe that's why he was looking at her so strange, maybe he's gained new powers and telepathy is one of them? Trying not to let her internal monologue show on her face she turned to Peter, schooling her face into what she hoped was a normal, if slightly tired expression (now that they were out of the gloom of the snowy field outside, the dark shadows around her eyes would be easily visible).

"Is it okay if I remove some stuff from 'Tasha's room before somebody else moves into it?" She asked. "I think Clint left some books and a old sweatshirt in there." Peter would know as well as she did that when living in the Tower, Clint and Natasha were pretty inseparable. They'd taken the rooms next to each other and spent a good chunk of their spare time just hanging out in each other's rooms, bitching about life, the other Avengers or anything that came to mind. Their stuff had also migrated between the two rooms, Clint had managed to lose a quiver, only for it to be found two weeks later under Nat's bed. At one stage almost everybody in Avengers Tower thought there had been something more than just friendship between them, but they were completely wrong. Clint and Nat had only ever been platonic friends, their time working at SHIELD and the Avengers had brought them extremely close, not quite siblings, but something very close. Clint's chaotic outer nature was balanced out by Nat's calmer, more professional demeanour.
cb2.jpg
Mood: Tired, less cold, kinda impressed
Tags: Peter fin fin MJ FireMaiden FireMaiden

Users who are viewing this thread

Back