• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

fin

"all i do is finesse, man."

RULES

Play this. Get in the groove with this in your background.
001 Please be literate. We're expecting two paragraphs minimum.
002 Cursing and dissing is appropriate ic, but ooc let's settle things in a civil manner.
003 The Discord is on its way, and that will be mandatory for ooc discussion when it arrives.
004 Please, already have some prior MCU knowledge, or read some of the fandom wikia pages about it. Same with Marvel comics in general. Not a nerd, but not a stranger to it either.
005 Be creative when the CS' come! We want variety in the cast!
006 This is not first come, first serve. You'll have to apply for a spot on the roster.

There was an idea...
ABOUT
"There was an idea, Stark knows this, called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could become something more. To see if they could work together when we needed them to. To fight the battles that we never could."
~ Nick Fury, former Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

On October 23rd, 2023 the world lost a great hero. Thanos, an interstellar megalomaniac sought to destroy half of Earth, along with half of the universe as we know it. The Avengers, notably Captain America, Thor, Captain Marvel, Nick Fury, Ant-Man, Wasp, and much of Earth's unseen protectors stood up to this formidable foe. The Avengers Facility in New York was turned into a battlefield, an event documented in history as the Battle of the Earth. The Avengers faced off against Thanos and his alien army, only to have their plans foiled by Anthony Stark. Once a notorious vigilante, Stark sacrificed his life to erase Thanos and his comrades from existence. His death is not one that was received lightly by the nation. October 23rd has since been considered Iron Man day all over the world. The Stark building remains a beacon of clean-energy for all of New York. Stark had always been adamant about finding a way to manufacture clean energy, and had hopes of developing a global means of energy distribution. For now, the 19.5 million inhabitants of New York State continue to have Stark Tower to thank for their lowered energy prices.

Due to the outrageous expenses that come with the building, Stark Tower has remained vacant, and virtually in-affordable for any New-Yorker, or human. It continues to be a symbol of pride for the world, and inspiration towards those that protect it.

Following the Battle of Earth, Captain Steve Rogers had never been seen again. It's been rumored that Thor had ventured off-world in hopes of stopping any interstellar threats before they reach the Earth. Director Nick Fury is a ghost once again. In place of Iron Man, Captain Marvel (Captain Danvers) has become the Earth's global guardian. The Avengers haven't been seen publicly together since the incident, but it's rumored that a world-wide network of super heroes still exists.

In the summer of 2024, Spider-Man had peaked in fame and media attention. The New York hero was seen as even more of a successor to Tony Stark before the horrible events that took place in London. Once a hero, Peter Parker took the life of the hero named Mysterio, otherwise known as Quentin Beck. The Battle of London was broadcasted for weeks on end, and Spider-Man or Peter Parker as revealed, quickly became seen as a threat, rather than beacon of good. The web-slinger had since went into hiding, leaving New York without its resident hero, and a hole in the trust of civilians.

This incident was sure to spur conflict especially in the citizens of New York. New heroes would rise from the ruined ashes of the Spider-Man, while crime would rise without a hero. Captain Marvel could only do so much being the planet's main, and public protector.

The world would need new, stronger, creative, Young, new, Avengers.

GM's Note
Hey guys! It's your boy Finesse with another new rp idea. This Young Avengers rp, as mentioned earlier, will take placed in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, one year after Spider-Man: Far From Home.

I will be playing a grizzly version of Peter Parker, and perhaps another oc! Your characters don't have to be from New York, maybe even off-planet, but I'll be having Peter reach out to notable heroes, or superhumans in hopes of joining his new task-force to start the rp. A team of young heroes that can aid him in the fight against criminal injustice, one that's turned foul since his disappearance, as well as the dismantling of the Avengers. Peter will have likely been hiding out at the retired Stark Tower, so perhaps that'll be HQ if need be.

You're encouraged to make an oc around highschool-age, or maybe even modify comic-established teen heroes into our MCU (eg. White Tiger, Kate Bishop, Cassie Lang, Noh-Varr, Ms America, you get the gist).

The rp will be ran by myself, and FireMaiden FireMaiden . We have a solid plot in mind villain-wise, though things will obviously be tailored and modified towards the interest of whatever cast we get. The hope is that we accept 6-10 rp'ers in total, with one character each at least for the start.

When the sheets come up, don't hesitate to twist and tie the lore of your character, and really dig into some pre-established Marvel fandom. Things like the Baxter Building, Mutants/X-Men, Nova Corps, Oscorp, Weapon X, etc. will all be up for grabs if executed properly! Remember, lots of this stuff is still under wraps. The Avengers are the main public superhuman.

This, I hope will be a much serious take on the comics, and the MCU itself. We'll delve into damages psyches, torn romances, life or death situations... Be prepared to get scared shitless.

© pasta

I am sooooo interested, but I'll have to sleep on it a couple of days as Uni is quite time demanding.

Accidentally spoiled homecoming for myself (yes, shame on me for not having watched it yet)

Looks interesting to me, though I'm back at school now and won't be on as often as I'd wish, exam year and all
But I do have two ideas either a daughter of Clint Barton whose a human disaster and survives on coffee, junk food and adrenaline or a daughter of Gambit
(Both chars I've made before, but didn't get a chance to fully use)

Id be up for this and I have a few potential Heroes in mind though main one was a teenage version of Rogue was an Idea, one that might put her on the bad side of Captain Marvel depending on backstory.

Yesssss! You know I'm in thisssss!
I am sooooo interested, but I'll have to sleep on it a couple of days as Uni is quite time demanding.

Accidentally spoiled homecoming for myself (yes, shame on me for not having watched it yet)
Looks interesting to me, though I'm back at school now and won't be on as often as I'd wish, exam year and all
But I do have two ideas either a daughter of Clint Barton whose a human disaster and survives on coffee, junk food and adrenaline or a daughter of Gambit
(Both chars I've made before, but didn't get a chance to fully use)
I’m down
What up, it's ya girl
It’s been a while lmao
would be amazing to have all of you down if y'all can!

fin fin Noticed myself being missed from that list, is that the 6 slots taken or will you be going up to 10?

not sure if there's any slots left but i'm interested!

Oh!! I’ll totally have a look at this! Thanks for the invite ! 🧡

fin fin FireMaiden FireMaiden I'm interested but can I ask a question about what you mean by young? I know it says high school age so are we talking like 16-21 or could our characters possibly be older than that. Just going to tag my friend Twist Twist as well in case you are still accepting.

fin fin FireMaiden FireMaiden I'm interested but can I ask a question about what you mean by young? I know it says high school age so are we talking like 16-21 or could our characters possibly be older than that. Just going to tag my friend Twist Twist as well in case you are still accepting.
This isn't first come first serve, so spots are still open. As for the age range, I'd have to ask Finesse for a definite answer, but that age range seems right. Characters any older, not sure

How do I apply? Do I post a character to the character page or do I direct message you?
you can join the discord for some early banter. characters aren't accepted yet though, you'll have to post one first. refer to the discord though, everything's there xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back