You know you're a GM when...

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Finish the statement, nerds.

You know you're a GM when you have RPs lined up a year or two in advance because "I can reboot it with this one tweak and it'll totally work this time!!"

You know you're a GM when you read alternate universe/fanfic settings and your first response is "I wonder what my players would do with this, and why don't I want it to work"

When your first thought is "Can I add pirates to this? Yes. Yes I can."

When you're both pleased and upset that "pirate high school" doesn't yet appear to be a thing. 

When you're simultaneously working on five different roleplays at the same time, three of those roleplays being reboots.

Last edited by a moderator:

you make people edit their CS' countless times and tell them what's wrong but they somehow just don't get it so you tell them exactly what to write and they still mess that up.

you make people edit their CS' countless times and tell them what's wrong but they somehow just don't get it so you tell them exactly what to write and they still mess that up.

In all fairness, you don't have to be a GM for that :P

You know you're a GM when you try and bring the players back to the start of their quest, BUT THEY (Don't) KNOW WHAT TRAPS YOU PUT DOWN!

You know you're a GM when people start asking you for advice on how to manage a roleplay...

You know you are a GM when you are walking down a hallway at work imagining how best to add deathtraps to it... And then imagining subsidiary deathtraps to punish any obvious countermeasures the players might attempt to disarm the primary trap.

when players are too lazy to advance anything despite the fact that they only need to watch out for your giant super rigid secret plot

You know you're a GM when you read alternate universe/fanfic settings and your first response is "I wonder what my players would do with this, and why don't I want it to work"

I once read a devastating critique of Star Wars episode 1 which pointed out the fundamental problem with the pod racing nonsense: it is a total railroad. Any competent bunch of players would have unraveled that whole plot a dozen times over.

You know your a GM when you can barely get online yet the urge to start another rp is overwhelming, and when you start to plot your mind blanks out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back