Other You are given a Game Studio...

JadeGreen17

Chimeric Spirit
You are given 500 of the best and brightest programmers, modelers, artists, sound designers, voice actors, musicians, and testers, as well as as much time as you need. However you can only make one game.

There is no corporate meddling, and no restrictions on intellectual property. You can make a sequel or remaster of anything. This includes taking a bad/broken/unfinished game and fixing all of its flaws.

It can be any genre, any ESRB rating, any console(s) or PC/Steam or mobile.

Your employees can offer advice or suggestions but you can choose to overrule them, and they will listen no matter how difficult your request is.

You can be as involved or as general as you want.

Don't bother with expansion packs/DLC. Your game will be free/money is not important to this thought experiment. Bundle everything in the game.

Go.

ChronoCross remaster in HD. with all new graphics.
Keep original music score but also record a remix OST and allow player to choose between old and new music.
Release on Steam but make it a perfect PC port so that people don't have to wait for patch right after release.

Xenogears. Definitely fix the issue with the second disc being rushed so the first half of it is told like a book. I would put in all of the episodes that occurred before the actual game and after. Xenogears deserves to be updated on the newest platform.

I've had a pet novel of an interactive visual novel for years, now. I probably will never finish. But... vampires in space! Anyways...

If I had a whole studio to make my fantasy project, it would be an interactive tv show like Netflix just started doing. I've wanted to since studying really really old interactive movies made back in the 1970s. Just, Netflix has billions of dollars and online voting. Still. Ultimate fantasy project.

I would probably design a game with either
A)So much content that it would be difficult for a person to get through AKA a really good mmorpg to challenge WOW
B)An esports game like League of Legends or Overwatch.
I am too drunk to think any idea through but I would make either of those as the game would have the longest lifespan.

Real-time squad-RTS focused on large-scale multiplayer.

Basically Battlefield: The RTS.

Life Simulator

You can try as many possibility with a real life scenario in this game. Start broke but end up as billionaire? Yes. Saving your love partner from a mafia's grasp? Yes. Managing an abandoned farm till it get super succesful? Yes.

Or you can play sandbox mode and start punching everyone on the street before driving a cop car into the summit of a mountain then shoot all store clerks so you can take their money.

I've had a pet novel of an interactive visual novel for years, now. I probably will never finish. But... vampires in space! Anyways...

If I had a whole studio to make my fantasy project, it would be an interactive tv show like Netflix just started doing. I've wanted to since studying really really old interactive movies made back in the 1970s. Just, Netflix has billions of dollars and online voting. Still. Ultimate fantasy project.

Thats sort of blurring the line of what we would call a video game... but I suppose it technically qualifies as one, albeit with very minimal interaction.

Real-time squad-RTS focused on large-scale multiplayer.

Basically Battlefield: The RTS.

I've been trying to figure out what exactly I would do, how I would answer my own question. Though one of my ideas was basically a cross-universe scifi RTS. Like one where you could play as various factions from Star Wars, Warhammer, etc. The gameplay on the ground would be similar to Command and Conquer and in space a lot like empire at war. Could have quick deathmatches or a campaign mode where you took over different planets. I'd also allow mod support for maps/planets to be added and new factions to be easily added to the game files.

Life Simulator

You can try as many possibility with a real life scenario in this game. Start broke but end up as billionaire? Yes. Saving your love partner from a mafia's grasp? Yes. Managing an abandoned farm till it get super succesful? Yes.

Or you can play sandbox mode and start punching everyone on the street before driving a cop car into the summit of a mountain then shoot all store clerks so you can take their money.

So... the Sims meets GTA 5?

Just as a person on that side, five hundred is immense. Much more than you actually need to create even the best AAA project. In fact it's already in "so many that the project flops due to miscommunication", which exactly what happened in my third to last one with half as many people working on it.

That being said, I really need like, five people to make a stylized point-and-click; but all I really know of how to design are RPGs, so I'd better stick to that. Guess I'd do something with WotC if they allow it, but in a good, dynamic way, away from the book mechanics, with conceptual and lore emphasis... which they will not allow, if I know anything about them.

Thats sort of blurring the line of what we would call a video game... but I suppose it technically qualifies as one, albeit with very minimal interaction.

I mean it's a video and it's a game. The originals were absolutely story format, however avant-garde (I'm talking MIT Media Lab stuff), and nowadays the ability to customize and branch with conditionals would be an even richer interactive experience. Arcade games made us think that video games require shooting or jumping on things. If Myst was live action, I wouldn't call it not a video game.

I would make a super good triple A game where you go from a normie scrub to becoming the ultimate memelord, battling your way through the internet and climbing the ranks of 4chan and Reddit until you ascend to ultimate memehood with amazing storylines such as PewDiePie vs T-Series. Then I'd turn it into an even bigger cash cow than CoD and milk the customers with a million sequels. Then I'd sit back and watch the profits flow. Also I'd buy EA once I have enough of that dosh and stop them from making unfinished games with shitty overpriced DLC and save the market.

On a serious note, I would make a game, probably an open world action-adventure/RPG, about a sci-fi civilisation (probably humans like a few hundred years from now) discovering your typical fantasy world with dragons and stuff. It'd be played from two perspectives: a member of the sci-fi expedition team, or a fantasy hero/chosen one guy. Depending on who is chosen to be the player character, the story will be completely different but linked, until a convergence in which the story becomes the same on both sides and the two characters meet. So sort of like a Mass Effect meets Dragon Age kind of game where you'll have dragons getting shot down by guided missiles or giant monsters fighting giant robots.

Also probably Half-Life 3.

I would make a huge Harry Potter open world game set before the books during the war with Voldemort. You’d start out as a first year and follow classes with your housemates (sorting would be based on a personality test where you can also give a preferred house, which the sorting hat wold take into consideration) You can forge friendships with other students, both in your house and others, but you can also form rivalries. You’ll go through the 7 years in a sort of really long tutorial, where you learn how to cast spells and brew potions etc. After you graduate you get the option of chosing a profession, joining the Order of the Phoenix, or even joining the Death Eaters.
I would also give it an option of single player or online. If you play online by the time you graduate you’ll start playing with other players. You can go on missions together if you joined the Order or the Death Eaters, and you can fight each other. Choosing a job would be more of a casual gaming experience, but there is a chance the Death Eaters attack so you still need to be on guard.

I would make a WH40k mmo where you get to play as any race and from any army and plays more like a planetside/battlefield clone. Complete with massive battles recreating parts of 40k lore and free for all battles that involves every race.

This is a great idea. OP, thanks.

If I was in those shoes...

I will create an MMORPG where I, as the lead developer, would be its GM god. Haha. More fantasy-based than sci-fi. Sandbox, like in Skyrim, kind of resembling something like The Elder Scrolls Online. There would be guild wars and territorial disputes. And while we're at it, I will create a special server or two where roleplaying is required.

This is surprisingly difficult to answer, but I always thought the idea of an open-world RPG set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender was an interesting one. The player controlled character who is the Avatar would be customizable of course. The player could customize everything from appearance and gender to nation of origin. The entire game would then be them going around training and stuff before eventually saving the world. It would also be set some time before the original series to give the storyline itself more creative liberty rather than just being a retelling of Aang or Korra's stories.

Gosh, I'd probably want to make a TES: Tamriel where it's kind of just like an updated version of Daggerfall. All if not most areas will be randomly generated in accordance to how the area are in lore (i.e desert = claylike or sandstone buildings while a forest = wooden and thatch.) It'd be the 4th era just a little bit after the Dragonborn's completed journey, major quests would involve most influential guilds and factions, also including a questline to find and reunite the Mage's Guild. Minor quests would be randomly generated using a number of different objectives to fit into a coherent story. The major guild and faction questlines would mostly be similar to how Oblivion did it with you going around the continent and helping out each individual sector(?) of the guild/faction. The player character would probably just be another person with a prophecy to fulfill such as; ending a mcguffin or reuniting tamriel.

Honestly I'm way too tired to think of everything but still, people probably get my point, who knows?

Jannah Jannah My soul was drawn to your post because I was thinking the same thing.

NO DOUBT I would make an Avatar; The Last Airbender game. It would be an MMORPG. It would be kinda like SAO’s Alfheim Online...

-When you join the server, you can choose what nation you want to be from and that will be where you start. You can either travel or make a living in your nation. You can even choose not to be a bender, as there will be other professions.

-So when the game first launches, There will be no Avatar, and no War.

-But then I will send in NPC’s to cause a war... not sure how we will determine which country is the bad guy.... who ever makes them selves the bad guys. Ya know how in the show, Sozin convinced his people he was doing good by expanding? Yeah that would happen.

-A leader would be eather an NPC (secretly), and admin (secretly) or what ever player managed to get to the throne first. Like.... The castle would open empty and it would be a lvl 30 quest or what ever. LIKE KING ARTHUR’S SWORD!! You have to have a certain level of activity to be the ruler. Like... you have to keep your log in and activity rate high. If it gets too low, you lose the crown. The court will decide wether or not to publicize your death (you won’t actually die). But the castle snow keep or where ever the throne is will change in appreance the longer it is with out a king or queen. And the Players will know. The quest will open back up the second the throne is empty. The old ruler can’t try again for a certain amount of time after losing the throne.

So yeah for the Avatar side,

-One player would be the avatar. It wouldn’t be a lvl thing, because even the Avatar has to start off from a low lvl. The system would look at the most active player (Fair, and it would encourage people to play my game) and who ever the most active player is (so like most log in days in a row, taking quest, talking with people, etc.) would get to be Avatar.

-The Avatar then has to lvl up in each element, starting with their own. They can’t move to a new element until they have lvl (idk) 10 or 20 in the one before. Being Avatar will be hard work, but that player wouldn’t do it alone. They wold have to go on quests and interact with other players.

-The Catch: You lose all Avatar powers when you lose a fight. (Let’s say, you die in the Avatar State or some thing.) you lose the Avatar and it will go to the next nation. This means the bad guys will get the Avatar for a bit.

-Of course, the game will still be fun for every one else. You will have plenty to do in supporting them war efforts, and chances of running in to the Avatar and becoming part of his gang is high.

-this game would also have guilds, because that is some thing that subtle get exists in the Avatar would.

Jannah Jannah My soul was drawn to your post because I was thinking the same thing.

NO DOUBT I would make an Avatar; The Last Airbender game. It would be an MMORPG. It would be kinda like SAO’s Alfheim Online...

-When you join the server, you can choose what nation you want to be from and that will be where you start. You can either travel or make a living in your nation. You can even choose not to be a bender, as there will be other professions.

-So when the game first launches, There will be no Avatar, and no War.

-But then I will send in NPC’s to cause a war... not sure how we will determine which country is the bad guy.... who ever makes them selves the bad guys. Ya know how in the show, Sozin convinced his people he was doing good by expanding? Yeah that would happen.

-A leader would be eather an NPC (secretly), and admin (secretly) or what ever player managed to get to the throne first. Like.... The castle would open empty and it would be a lvl 30 quest or what ever. LIKE KING ARTHUR’S SWORD!!

So yeah for the Avatar side,

-One player would be the avatar. It wouldn’t be a lvl thing, because even the Avatar has to start off from a low lvl. The system would look at the most active player (Fair, and it would encourage people to play my game) and who ever the most active player is (so like most log in days in a row, taking quest, talking with people, etc.) would get to be Avatar.

-The Avatar then has to lvl up in each element, starting with their own. They can’t move to a new element until they have lvl (idk) 10 or 20 in the one before. Being Avatar will be hard work, but that player wouldn’t do it alone. They wold have to go on quests and interact with other players.

-The Catch: You lose all Avatar powers when you lose a fight. (Let’s say, you die in the Avatar State or some thing.) you lose the Avatar and it will go to the next nation. This means the bad guys will get the Avatar for a bit.

-Of course, the game will still be fun for every one else. You will have plenty to do in supporting them war efforts, and chances of running in to the Avatar and becoming part of his gang is high.

-this game would also have guilds, because that is some thing that subtle get exists in the Avatar would.

Tbh MMO didn't even occur to me. Perhaps because I don't really play them much. Another idea I had for a fandom based game was capitalizing on the Battle Royale game trend and making a Hunger Games themed game. The players would play the different tributes obviously and then to add a social aspect to the game other players would have to sponsor them healing items and stuff, just like in the actual Hunger Games. There would be all the pre-games stuff too so players can decide who to sponsor.

Tbh MMO didn't even occur to me. Perhaps because I don't really play them much. Another idea I had for a fandom based game was capitalizing on the Battle Royale game trend and making a Hunger Games themed game. The players would play the different tributes obviously and then to add a social aspect to the game other players would have to sponsor them healing items and stuff, just like in the actual Hunger Games. There would be all the pre-games stuff too so players can decide who to sponsor.

OMG! YES!
Do you play Roblox? There is a survival game on there and basically every one goes in and have to survive the dissaster for like 8 minutes. Floods, lava, Godzilla. You never know what will happen til you are in it. And it is always running, So as soon as one round is over, the next one starts in like 1 minute.

It could be like That! The players have to kill each other and last one standing wins.

No intellectual property restrictions?
I would update and release a full version of Scalebound, the cancelled ps4 game; because all the promos and designs and gameplay vids for it looked utterly incredible and the cancellation of it still haunts me.

Foxen rubs his hands together. "Time for my own personal GAME!"
Foxen's Fun-Filled Adventure
(Rated E for Everyone) Contains: Graphic Depictions of Violence

"Was an amazing game with awesome graphics, with references to a LOT of Indie games!"
-The Pokemon Company 9/10
"References to Sonic, Freedom Planet, Mario, Underhero- So many options!"
-Toby Fox 10/10

I'd recreate Spartacus: Legends with updated everything, and not make it pay to win. It was taken offline years ago. Too short of a life! It could definitely piss me off at times but it was still cool.

id develop an MMORPG where the end goal is to become the GOD. And it is has an interactive storyline in which all players do influence the dynamics of the world, even small decisions.

I really love anime, MMORPGs, TCGs...and if there's one thing I love with all my heart in games, it's customization. So that'd be priority numero uno for me in the game, the ability to a mind-boggling range of customization options, but try to have the majority of that apply more for cosmetic or less important aspects, so as to not have the players getting choice anxiety.

My main idea would be to create this vast MMORPG world to explore, with story lines and quests and all that, where one goes to collect the cards. There'd be a ton of ways of finding cards, thus reflecting in different MMO playing styles what cards one finds and plays (there'd also be an in-game store to buy singles, just in case). A lot of those would be based on character stats or various kinds of achievements, say solving a mystery or defeating a dungeon boss. Having a specific stat raised high enough could provide less combat efficiency, but be otherwise useful for finding certain locations with more secret cards. Stylistically it would be anime-based (thinking even potentially cut scenes in actual animation), and the world would be based on those isekai worlds. The game itself would have a linked VR and PC versions.

The second phase would be using the collected cards to play a TCG with. The TCG part would also be connected to a phone app version, which would only be able to play the card game.

In the MMORPG itself, I think I would aim for highly customizable abilities rather than giving a lot of abilities.

There are two other options in my head, besides that main one. The first of those is to create the VRMMORPG setting I've been developing for the purposes of an RP for a few years... the other would be to create a real life version of the Yggdrasil game, from Overlord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back