• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴏᴜʟᴍᴀᴛᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴀᴅᴏx

a z u l a

these violent delights have violent ends.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

• intro

cosmic love

florence and the machine

overview.

S
    oulmates. A word often aspired to, but seldom found. Reserved for epic love stories long past, Achilles and Patroclus, Romeo and Juliet, Elizabeth and Darcy, Heathcliff and Catherine. But you know, the greatest loves of all time are over now.

That is why Vivo Labs has created the Caritas Project. It's 2081, and with the world 50 years into an international war the government has been spending all of their funds on military advancement, including human experiments to craft the perfect soldier. The project is volunteer only, but just because you volunteered doesn't mean you did it of your own free will. The long war has sent the general populous into poverty, leaving many desperate for the money the government provides test subjects.

While Caritas labs has worked on many projects over the years, Caritas is a breakthrough in many aspects, because they have found a way to bond souls. In an effort to perfect their soldiers, Vivo labs has created real life soulmates, an otherworldly deep bond between two people. You may ask what soulmates have to do with war, and Vivo has an explanation.

When people think of soulmates, they see an endless love that never breaks. What they don't see is the true depth and horror of having someone you can't live without, to have your soul split in two, intertwined and entangled for all of eternity. With the introduction of soulmates among soldiers, the government can both advance and control their military better.

Soulmates are deeply connected on many levels, able to read the other's movements before they've even thought to act, as well as an innate sense to know when the other is in pain or injured, and even strong enough to communicate telepathically. In this sense, they have created the perfect teammates on the battlefield., combined with their superhuman strength, speed, and endurance thanks to a serum invented in previous studies that all soldiers are given.

To finalize their study, Vivo Labs is putting the current study group through trials to test the limits of soulmates, including harming one soulmate to see how the other responds, and separating the two halves for extended periods of time to study the adverse effects on their psyche. Upon completing aptitude tests, 16 subjects and 8 pairs were selected, some pairs decided on because of their compatibility to see if that made the bond stronger, and others because of their incompatibility to see if the bond would still be strong enough.

Questions the study seeks to answer are: if you love someone else before getting your soulmate, will you still love them more than your soulmate after? Can two soulmates be turned against one another? Can you fall in love with someone else who isn't your soulmate after the bond is formed? And many more.

What the researchers haven't considered is what someone might do to protect their soulmate, someone so important to them that their very survival depends on it.

---------------------

Hello and welcome to The Soulmate Paradox! Thank you for reading my incredibly long premise, I hope you find the concept as interesting as I do. On the next page are suggested pairings, they are NOT mandatory and you can create a pairing outside of the ideas I have suggested, or even make duplicates since this is a group study after all. I encourage you to discuss, plot, and plan pairings in the ooc thread when creating your characters, but that doesn't mean both of you will be guaranteed acceptance. The roles are also not gender locked at all. Don't fret about planning out a pairing beforehand too much, once the rp starts I will officially pair people off. While the main idea of soulmates is romantic, some of these pairings can be platonic as well.

intro

roles

rules

our souls were

made from the same
star

genre

action, romance

status

accepting

gms

azula

spots open

15/16

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
FYI the roles are not gender locked, i should've specified that

ooc is here, come talk to me about your character ideas! (bonus points if you find the tswift reference)

Can I say what an amazing idea this is? Sign me the heck up and I’ll be putting forth an application.

The ✨angst✨, plot, emotional complexities, and intricacies of exploring a relationship under a government’s tyrannical regime sounds right up my alley.

growling snarling hissing

Can I say what an amazing idea this is? Sign me the heck up and I’ll be putting forth an application.

The ✨angst✨, plot, emotional complexities, and intricacies of exploring a relationship under a government’s tyrannical regime sounds right up my alley.
thank you!! i really thought to myself “how can i emotionally traumatize these characters the absolute most?” and this idea was born. it’s just one big trauma bond lol.

growling snarling hissing
get in here right now!!! i need cav content

I need this injected in my bloodstream asap, this is so 😍😍😍

AHHHH TAKE ALL MY MONEY RN
This is literally GENIUS I have no idea how you came up with this but UDIDBS BS
SIGN ME UP <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back