X-Men: Unchained [Inactive]

Eric waved sheepishly, watching the other mutant. He certainly looked... Odd. Somewhere in his mind, Eric was glad that he at least didn't -look- like a mutant. "You do kinda look like Nightcrawler... Same number of fingers, too." he said, watching him. "I mean, not to point it out or anything. You look cool." he stammered, trying to keep from making the boy feel awkward. His stomach growled again, giving a welcome break from the embarrassment he had caused himself. "So, how's the food here?"

Hayden was unsure how to answer Eric's question. "Um...it's food..." he stammers. "I mean...it's pretty good if you like anything and everything." He flicked his tail again and crouched, as if perching. "What powers do you have?" he asks Eric, immediately clamping his hands over his mouth in regret, knowing that their reply would involve asking about his powers. Looks like Dad is in for a surprise, he thinks quickly.

"Well...I have the same powers as Gambit so...maybe it's a coincidence," Sam said. "But it would be cool to be related to an X-man." Her stomach growled again. "Oh right, we came in here for food," she said. She looked inside the fridge and noticed it was roughly half-stocked. All I need is a snack anyway... she thought as she pulled out a package of yogurt.

Eric went red. "Well... I can control technology. Like, if I end up needing to hack a system, I just have to think about it, and it all kinda works. I don't really know how to explain it." He shrugged. "I was the one on the turrets earlier. Well, until that thing came after me." He shuddered a bit. "What kind of powers do you have?" he asked, sure enough. It was bound to happen.

Hayden gave up his struggling to avoid the inevitable. "I can, uh, teleport." He says with a sigh. Surely they aren't dumb enough to think that its just a coincidence, he thinks with a sigh of defeat. You idiot, you should have just changed the subject. Talked about their powers. The food. The weather. Anything, he thinks, smacking the back of his head with his tail. Moron.

Sam opened the yogurt packet and grabbed a spoon before eating out of it. She leaned against the counter and raised an eyebrow as she watched Hayden beat himself up over something. "Is everything alright Nightshade?" she asked. "You seem upset about something..."

Eric smiled. "I knew you looked like Nightcrawler! You even have the same powers!" he said excitedly, quickly covering his mouth. "Sorry. I'll get my food now." he said quietly, slinking over to the fridge. He just made a fool of himself, and it probably wasn't going to be the last time, either. He was mentally kicking himself for the comment he was making, he just got so excited when he learned about what other people could do he couldn't really help it.

Hayden's jaw dropped in surprise. Did she not hear me? he thinks in surprise. His mouth is immediately shut at the fact that Eric made the connection. He did look like he was beating himself up more than he had just done seconds ago. "I guess I do." He tells Eric. I am not going to let them know that he is my dad, I said. Not without you telling him yourself, I said. There goes that plan. Maybe I should just go to the Brotherhood now... his mind raced with thoughts of his incompetence.

Sam racked her brain for reasons why Nightshade would be in the mansion and upset. Maybe since he has Nightcrawler's powers he wants to meet him... She found lots of reasons why anyone would want to meet the teleporting X-man. "If you're here to see Nightcrawler he should be hanging around here somewhere," she said. "If he's not on a mission..." He could be anywhere.

(g2g)

"I think it's because I opened my big mouth again. Sorry, man, I didn't mean to put you on the spot like that." he said, coming back to the table with a sandwich and a drink. "Seriously, I just get a little excited around other mutants. I think your abilities are really cool." he said, glancing over at Sam. "Everyone's powers here are cool. Mine are so lame." he groaned, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"I think I'm gonna leave you two alone." He says, then thinking better off himself. You shouldn't leave him like that. Encourage him or something, he thinks. "Um, nevermind. And you powers a pretty useful now. Think about it." He says, tapping his temple with his tail. "And you have ten fingers and ten toes."

Eric sighed a bit. "Yeah, when I'm around something I can use. If it wasn't for the mansion's turrets, I'd have been useless in today's fight. At least you can teleport in and out of trouble if you need to." he said, shrugging. He took a sip of his soda, watching him. "I dunno, you look unique. It's kinda cool." he said, smiling a bit.

Hayden sighed. There was nothing unique about him. The spitting image of his father, who died before he was born. Now he traveled to another universe and is able to meet most of his family. "Yeah, really unique." He said with a sigh as he went to grab a soda. He looked in the fridge and found that it was now empty of any of the beverage. "I guess I'll settle for water." He shrugs and fills his glass.

Eric scratched his head. "Hey, you want some of mine?" he asked, offering his can. "And honestly, you are unique. I mean, look at me. Even if I was using my abilities, you wouldn't really be able to tell I wasn't human." He grinned a bit. "Just because you look different doesn't mean it's a bad thing."

((I'll be back shortly.))

"You have no idea how much I envy mutants like you." He mumbles. He does take the offered drink. "Thanks. You guys have aliases yet?" He asks the two to make small talk. He wondered where the location of the Brotherhood of evil's lair was exactly located. He could teleport between the two if he knew, provided they were both in New York.

Eric smiled a bit. "No problem." he said, finishing off his sandwich. "An alias? Not yet... I just got here. Literally today. I got here, put my bags away, and fought in a war. It's been... Interesting." he said with a little chuckle. He was obviously still bothered by what had happened, but he was in a much better mood since Sam had suggested making that suit. His mind was reeling with the possibilities.

KZ walked into the kitchen with his long-sleeve shirt wrapped around his waist.He had just finished working out and doing a little training,so he was shirtless and a little sweaty,"Hey Sam,are they new here?"KZ has been off doing a little training by himself,and was not part of the action that was going on before.Basically he was none existent during the fight,"Nice to meet you guys,I am KZ.How are you?"KZ asked Eric and Hayden as he sipped some water from his personal cup.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I go by Yankee," Sam replied before KZ walked in. She nodded. "Eric arrived this morning and Nightshade isn't officially a student here yet." She looked at Hayden. "You should talk to the professor so you can be an official student around here," she said. "He may be busy at the moment because of....earlier events though..."

"Nice to meet you, KZ. To be honest, I'm one good scare away from having a full mental break. How's your day going?" he asked, oddly cheerful for what he just said. "I don't remember seeing you in the fight earlier. Where were you?" he asked, frowning a bit. Eric sighed, debating on having another sandwich. "Hey Sam, want anything more than that? I can make you something." he asked, standing. He decided that eating something else might calm his nerves.

--------------------

Clang clang clang clang clang clang. Clang clang clang clang clang clang.

The tip of a sword was being dragged back and forth across the metal gate at the front of the school. Or, what was left of them, anyways. A young man was walking back and forth, dragging the sword across the bars, watching the turrets on the rooftop. He had missed all the fun, but that didn't mean that he wouldn't have some fun of his own.

He stepped up to an opening in the gate, poking the other side with his sword. The turrets didn't react. He went a bit farther this time, poking his foot over. Still nothing. He grinned and jumped onto the Academy side of the fence, the security system still not reacting to anything. "Oooh, this is gonna be fun. This is the first time I haven't been shot at." he said with a laugh, sheathing his sword. He rested his hands on the pommels, striding across the lawn as he inspected the damage. "Damn... They did a number on the place. Bastards didn't even wake me up." he said, kicking a chunk of rubble. "That's alright. I'll find someone to blame when I get back."

(I'm gonna have Hayden become a temporary student for the sake of interaction. He will still be Brotherhood before the story picks up)

Hayden stared at KZ with his yellow eyes. He knew he should have just teleported away from all interaction if he didn't want to stay. "I guess I'll talk to him soon." Hayden replies to Sam. What's a Yankee? he wonders, searching through his brain for the insignificant piece of information. "KZ. That's a cool name." He says with a flick of his tail. "I'm Nightshade, as if it was hard to figure out."

Hank growled under his breath after Andrea had taken off to warn the others. This wasn't how he had planned this whole ordeal to go, but it happened and left him to improvise. At least his acting had been successful. "Damn. Perhaps I can rectify this yet." He began to infiltrate the system further, deleting important files and breaking down important protection measures. It'd only be a matter of time before the help arrived, his only hope for success would be locking the mutant in until it was too late. "Let's see them try to help you escape now."

"Thanks, but I don't want to spoil my appetite," Sam replied. She threw the yogurt cup away. She put a stick of gum in her mouth and began to chew it. "I'm going to be at the baseball diamond is anyone needs me," she said. "After a stressful battle with the Brotherhood I need to unwind." She headed out of the kitchen and exited the mansion through the back door. She worked on blowing a bubble on her way out.

I'm overthinking it.. I've fought sentinels before.. This ones just an, upgraded version.. I gotta calm down and think clearly.. Oh..and have fun of course. It's not everyday a girl gets a chance to singlehandedly take down a super sentinel..

Vi took a deep breath and got focused. Dodge the rockets.. Look for patterns, figure out it's thought process.. It's just like the lasers, only more deadly.. She darted to the side, rolling swiftly to get out of the range of a rocket it sent careening towards her, crashing into the wall with a deafening boom. She vaguely remembered someone telling her at some point that the Danger Room's walls were virtually indestructible, so busting out of here wasn't an option. She had to dodge energy beams and rockets and restraints it sent after her left and right, all the while making sure she stayed out of it's reach. It was exhausting, the explosions kept making her ears ring, and the bright flashes of light from them seemed to only impair her vision somewhat if she got caught too close to one.

With all this going on, she had to constantly keep defending herself, having almost no chance to attack back at the robot. Her gaze paused as it sent out another volley of rockets at her. There. That was it. She'd found her weakness, but she had no time to focus up an attack to exploit said weakness. She had to bite her tongue to avoid yelping in pain when she got caught too close to an explosion when it blew. The impact with the floor wasn't too nice either. The pain in her chest telling her she'd probably hurt a rib, or two..maybe three.

Still, she grit her teeth and leapt back to her feet, moving just in time to avoid a blast that surely would've finished her off. She breathed through the pain, which was rather searing, ignoring the spots in her vision. Vi had to find a window to attack. If she could just get at that weak spot, she could damage the thing enough to the point she actually stood a chance. But how wash going to but herself a little time to attack? She hadn't figured that out yet.

I could always-.. No.. It's too risky.. But risky is better than dead... I might have too.. This is gonna suck..

"Good so far,but I missed the fight. I was having my own little special training so I missed the fight. I put myself in a sort of hypnosis for the sake of people bothering me,but I didn't think it would be that powerful that I missed a whole fight."KZ puffed saddened that he had missed a fight.

-------------------------------------

Jamie hoped the X-Mansion fence to see Jason mad that he had missed the Brotherhood vs X-Men brawl,"Oh Jason are you mad that you missed the fight?"The young lady said as she tried to match his pace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back