• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom X-Men Evolution: The Future Sign Up

CaptainTaurusVA

Future Voice Actor
I loved the X-Men Evolution cartoon and thinking about it I really wish it had a season 5 as it would have been beyond amazing, so that's why I'm making this thread, if your a fan of X-Men but didn't see the show, that's fine I'd just like to have a fun rp with people who enjoy the mutant group as I do ((Even though there fox timeline is a mess lol)) So I'm gonna list what you need if you wanna make a OC ((Please don't make your power overpowered)) but I also need people to play different people. Now there are quite a number of people to play so, your allowed to play either two cannon characters and one oc or three cannon characters, I don't want anyone getting overwhelmed. Also I'll post the lists for who I need anyone and the OC creation info, if enough people are interested I say 5 people for now.

OC Creation: Fandom - X-Men Evolution The Future: OC Creation

Cannon Listing: Fandom - X-Men Evolution The Future: Cannon Listing

OOC Chat Room: Fandom - X-Men Evolution: The Future OOC Chat ((Out Of Character))

Now there will be some rules of course.

1: Don't be rude to anyone out of rp, be nice and have fun and get to know your new friends.

2: Don't spam @ someone, if your CC ((Cannon Character)) or OC is having a chat or on a adventure with their CC or OC, please wait for them as they have a life as well.

3: If you wanted a oc or cc to be paired with someone who is with another already, you can try and make whatever character you have to try and break them up if you want, but what you did will effect how other people in the rp see them when they find out, I would like for you to try and keep the cc close to who they are but if you wanna change them up a little then that's fine.

4: Do not kill others OCs unless you both talked about it.

5: And lastly ((For now)) If you going to be absent for work, school or vacation, please let who you're on a adventure or in a chat with in the rp know, so they are kind frozen in the rp and can do something else instead of thinking you maybe just forget and never came back.

Last edited:
Ok im interested in this, few questions that may come up though.
  • Would there be a Discord for OOC chatter and planning?
  • How many characters may be played per person?
  • Are there any particular limitations on characters? For example, which side they are on, cannon ones from comics that were not in the show reimagined (and how much liberty is there on such? for example making an older character younger)
Few cannon characters I had in mind for an AU version would be Emma Frost since she was actually planned for season 5 that never happened, Gwenpoole (given her recent comic she is a mutant) or maybe an OC depending on ideas/other cast members.

Ok im interested in this, few questions that may come up though.
  • Would there be a Discord for OOC chatter and planning?
  • How many characters may be played per person?
  • Are there any particular limitations on characters? For example, which side they are on, cannon ones from comics that were not in the show reimagined (and how much liberty is there on such? for example making an older character younger)
Few cannon characters I had in mind for an AU version would be Emma Frost since she was actually planned for season 5 that never happened, Gwenpoole (given her recent comic she is a mutant) or maybe an OC depending on ideas/other cast members.
Going through your questions from top to bottom

1: No the OOC chat and plaing would be another thread on here
2: That depends on if the person can keep up playing multiple at once such as during a fight scene, really say if 3 of the people play are on a mission and I set it up where you got to reply to 3 different parts of the fight, if you can handle it cool for now, 2 cannon charterers and one oc or if you don't want a oc you can do 3 cannon
3: I say for the making some older or younger part, let's keep the teachers the same as they are along with their alignment, as for the X-Men age they could grow up a little, as for what side they are I'd feel you can be free with it, it'd mix things up and be fun. For people like the New Mutants I say do what you want with them as in the show they were just seen as careless kids and not really development much.
4: You can add Emma as in season 5 it was planned for Scout to leave the x-men and join her group who's name escapes me, Psyloke was planned too for someone like Gwenpool though, I'm not to familiar with

The reason i asked the last one was due to in comics Emma was a teacher though at the same time she was a few years younger than Scott which given the Evolutions series does change things a bit since would have her still at Highschool age.

As for Gwenpoole, how she works depends if you go by how people in the world think she works, how she thinks she works, or the cannon lore currently has her. Since the world would see her as an unstable post-cognitive with creation type powers among other uses, she sees herself trapped in a comic-book and doesn't want to be cancelled, and the cannon had her question if she was right or if it was just her mind making sense of her powers following there activation and her "memories" are not entirely true.

At the end of her last run it was "Well i cant get to Secret Mutant Island and be with someone without being one, well guess my backstory can get retconned to make me a mutant". Its complicated and hard to explain, but she does some 4th wall breaking but not in a deadpool way, they were someone with extreme amounts of luck but otherwise normal at first using comic book tropes and knowledge of comics to stay alive in a world thats constantly having world ending events every year/month or so.

TLDR Teenage girl with powers and Cassandra Curse regarding things questioning her own perception of reality at times. Though i would be playing them far more grounded and not wacky crazy hijinks.

Oh and Emmas Organisation in the Comics was the Hellfire Club, I might make her technically a member of that or may have her at a earlier point so she can better fit in with rest of the cast.

That's 5 so far, maybe few more though in case some drop (which always seems to happen)

OK well I'll still make the Oc creation thread and it'll be where we talk OOC and I'll list who I need people to play as. As for waiting more if you anyone knows that'll enjoy a rp like this bring them by

So do we also post Cannon character you haven't listed under OC sheets? And where do we post characters that are listed?

You don't post characters I didn't post under OC and I don't get what you mean by "Where to post characters that are listed? I'm sorry if the question is obvious but suddenly doing a lot of things at once and trying to get sorted

Like say I was playing Emma frost. Her backstory etc would need to be written and posted, a character sheet would be made for her, were would that be posted.

If I was playing Gwenpoole who is a cannon character from comics where would I post her?

Backstorys in general will be diffrent, and wiki search may come up with conflicting information given many characters have a few versions.

I don't think you need to made a post for her, I say your allowed to made your own story if you want, like for Rouge in the cartoon she watched over by Mystique but in the Fox movies she just came across Logan and went with him, so if you wanna make your own story for her or use one she's had before go ahead but i don't feel a need for it to be a post we are gonna learn it in the rp anyway. I'm just trying to get this going and trying to keep things in order, this is my first group rp I've done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back