• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Wow. Look at all these ideas.

MindfulMagpie

Trash Hunter
Hello, hello! Mags here, and welcome to my recruitment page! A few things about myself before we get this ball rolling, yeah?

Three quick (not really) facts :

I'm
super into characters. Like, hot damn, you got a good character, I have you on my list of people to stalk forever. I mean. Uh. I just really like characters that have depth and meaning and originality and all that delicious wonderful stuff.

Yes, I am female. No, I don't revert to female roles. I find it easier to distance myself just a tad from my babies, despite how I love them so. The most common reproduction of that is making every single main character male. Of course, this doesn't mean I never ever do ladies. It's just 99.999999 percent more likely that I start with a man than a woman. That's just how do.

Also - this is only slightly related, but goddammit, it's going in this section - I almost always aim towards MxM pairings. However, I'm pretty chill with FxF and MxF, depending on the plot.

I cannot do straight up slice of life. I just, I can't do it. Bores the hell out of me, bores the hell out of my muse, and it's just not a fun time in general.

In exchange, let me offer you literally anything else. Futuristic? Yup. Steampunk? You betcha. Cyberpunk? Sure. Superhero multiverse? Of course. Medieval Classic Fantasy? Hell yeah, hell yeah. Heck, anything that even smacks of fiction, you can bet I'm into that shit. My one stipulation is that it isn't the worst, most depressing piece of plot work.

I deal in humor. I thrive on laughs. I can definitely do drama, but happiness. Happiness is good. Please don't make me cry too much.

Now, as for you folks, I only ask a few things:

Intermediate posts.
Please. For the love of god, no one liners. Give me things to work with. Two short paragraphs, at the least. Exercise your inner narrator and give me some thought bubbles, whatever. Just, please, I'm begging you, lengthen that shit.

A sense of humor. I like to think I'm funny. I crack jokes, I make puns, sarcasm is my preferred mode of travel. If that isn't something you can deal with, then I'm just gonna annoy the hell out of you. Come armed with giggles and snorts.

Some companionship, maybe? I'm very good at half plots. I'm fantastic at nearly there plot twists. I excel with ideas, not practice. Try to work with me, or we're both screwed. OOC is one of the nicest things, and I love it when it's a continuous thing. Love me, and I will love you back, it's as simple as that.

And... that's it! That's literally all I want, so please, don't be intimidated. I'm nice, I swear!

Now, this is the area where I give you my plot ideas, so buckle up tight. It's gonna be a ride

Zombies

Zombies? Zombies. I adore the zambs. But more importantly, I adore breaking the traditional zamb stereotypes. Give me your usual hella pumped dude, equipped up to here with ammo and killing intent, and nothing will happen. Now, give me a society still moderately functional and forced to survive and supply and defend itself through the literal hurricane of shit the zombieocalypse brings, and we will create wonders. Extend the virus to animals, and have a sudden influx of zombie bugs. It can be taken in a fantasy stricken way with necromancers and magic and existentialism and gods being dicks, or kept to the usual modern setting with an overpowering and overwhelmingly guilty government and a tiny rebellious group of reporters who smell shit. Give me cloning, give me miracle cure for the cold, GIVE ME ZAMBIE BEARS. I WANT IT ALL.

(PS, if you have read the Feed series and thought, wow some of that seems similar, you are indeed correct. Mira Grant has the best zombieverse, hands down.)
Modern

Okay, look. Guys. Modern setting is my favorite setting. Disregard everything I've said about anything else. Modern is where it's at, yo. Literally all of my favorite subgenres are in here. You've got superhero multiverses, you've got dystopian, you've got time travel, alternate universes, you've got twisted fairy tales, you've got mythology crap, you've got zambies (Yes, I know I already wrote this earlier. But screw it. Zambs.), you've got frigging supernatural shit. Seriously. It's diverse as fuck. Any and all plots, with a little tweaking, can fit in a modern setting. And I love it. I love this setting, I love the ideas I get, I just. Ugh. if you wanted to go for the setting I absolutely wanted most, this is it. This is the one. Just shoot it out, and I'll give you what's on my mind. I love modern settings. Please give.
Steampunk

Hello, yes, hi. This is good too. I'm thinking war setting, a sprinkle of magic, and the tale of an inventor, a repairman, and something that may be the entire areas salvation. I'm thinking Howl's Moving Castle, I'm thinking Cassandra Clare's storyverse. There's just so much possibility with the entire genre, and I'm open in every way. Heck, give me some goddamned cliche supernatural crap with this, and we will make it amazing. Even the vampires are doable in this setting, just give.
Medieval Fantasy

This one is literally the only one I have an actual concrete, well thought out idea for. Grab hold, this one is a monster.

Okay so, think the usual background. Small hamlets to gigantic teeming cities, corrupt monarchy, a land on the brink of rebellion and destruction. You name it, Mystreium's probably got it.

In this world, there is a growing contention between the magic gifted and the underpowered, ungifted. And lemme just tell ya, it wasn't ever gonna pretty. There was fighting in the streets, clashes at the capital, blood was on the cobblestones and running into the gutters. It was fucking nasty, and something has to be done.

The way that magic works in this world is that it takes as much as it gives. The stronger your magic, the stronger the backlash. Sometimes, it would take something as simple as as your hair, but other times, each continued usage takes away another piece of your morality. It can turn a hard working, pleasant and popular citizen into a hard, crochety, mentally unstable murderer in a matter of months. It just wasn't good stuff, and so there weren't too many good magic users. And so, in comes kind King Rodell, and he puts a stop to it. By outlawing any and all magic. He basically handcuffs an entire half of the population, and while at first it wasn't well accepted, the fervor died down and life continued.

Fast forward one generation, and here we are. The first group of young magicians finally matured, and they're all pissed about this restriction shit. Life is hard, and the automatons developed to bring the magicians under heel are growing intimidatingly prevalent. King Rodell is old, his mind going senile, and his chancellors are enacting 'justice' during his leave. The place is hovering on the verge of the end, and prime material for a good, old fashioned rebellion.

I have a basic sketch of the government, a few characters I want to stash in, and a general plot in mind. They're all enormously large and mostly vague and transfers better in person and I just don't want to clutter this section anymore. So, if you want in on this, tell me and I'll let you know. I've just overthought this entire thing and I have no clue what to do with it. I'm currently debating just writing it myself or what. I dunno, man. I dunno.

Of course, I'm more than open to the usual mages, thieves, guilds and elves shebang. I love the usual brand of tropes in this genre and I would love to play them just as much. If you have an idea, even the merest twinkling of one, I'm absolutely okay with fleshing it out with you. Don't be afraid to give me new plots and things. I love all the things.
Fandoms

Okay, my one rule with these is that I refuse to use, or interact, with canon characters. All originals. It's really just the universes I like to play with, and either I just don't want to get into the shittery that is the children, or the series is still ongoing and I have zero desire to screw it all up. You'll notice that a few of these showed up earlier. There's a reason why.

Tokyo Ghoul

Infernal Devices/Mortal Instruments

Tokyo Ghoul

Howl's Moving Castle

Tokyo Ghoul

Parasyte

Tokyo Ghoul

Apocalypse no Toride

Tokyo Ghoul

Skyrim

Tokyo Ghoul

Any of the Tamora Pierce books

Tokyo Ghoul

Feed Series

Tokyo Ghoul

Noragami

Tokyo Ghoul
... I think you folks get the drift now. But, seriously, I'm as open as open can be. Shoot me all of your ideas, I'll shoot you mine. Let's do this shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't lie to me, I can smell Tokyo Ghoul from miles away. *inhales* amore.

Ah, right, anyways. My understanding is that new accounts can't initiate PMs, so shoot me one and we can plot something out?

Gosh, I saw that a while ago and meant to pick it up later. Unfortunately, as of now, no. However, I have high hopes. And of course we can do zambs! Shoot me a PM and we can get started. ^^

Oh. Well, uh. *quickly freshens up a little* Nice to, um, meet you.

Holy shit, this intimidating. I've never had this happen before.

PM me, and, uh, we can get started?

The medieval fantasy idea.. I like it, I want it and I want more of things like it!

Corruption, magical shenanigans and over all just plain awesome. Can't damn well wait to hear the rest of it, I'll send yea a PM right away.

Omg, hi. Wow. It's great that you like my baby. Absolutely PM me, and I can give you all the dirty details of my little project.

*creeps on*

Hello there. c: I'm rinne. I'm just gonna get right into it.

I love characters. Oh. My. God. Character development. Complexity. Multi-faceted. Give me a well written character and I will weep tears of joy. I also enjoy a good chunky posts and I will weep tears of pain if there is a measly sentence in return for my paragraphs. Looks like I won't have to worry about tears of pain with you. c; And by god, a sense of humor is a must! I am really guilty of thinking I'm funny, so...be prepared. Also, I am absolutely dependent on OOC chats because I love plotting together, talking about our characters, or just talking about how you're afraid of seagulls because when you were nine, one snatched a sandwich from your hand...you know, the usual stuff. uwu

For genres, I love modern, like...dystopian, post-apocalyptic, zombies, twisted faery tales, gritty dark themes, street hardened kids and the whole lot--and I do have quite a few plot seedlings to throw at you for this genre. I also love Medieval Fantasy--like a familiar favorite meal, I'd say. ouo Honestly though, give me awesome characters and a thick, pudding-y plot, and I don't even care much about the genre.

I think we're very compatible as writers--the one slight difference is that I usually prefer MxF. I hope you don't mind too terribly. xP I'd love love love to write with you, so if you feel the same, shoot me a PM? I would do it myself (I was supposed to PM this), but no matter how much I post, my post count seems to be stuck on 9 for some weird reason! D: Anyways, I hope to hear from you soon.

edit: Now it's 10. And yet I still don't see a 'start conversation' button.... D:

Oh you beautiful, beautiful soul. I have so many things I want to say and so many things that just won't come out of my mouth.

I, my dear lady, am speechless.

I don't know where I want to begin, only that can we do them all?! Haha, it's also been a while since I met another Tamora Pierce fan on here. Please tell me you still have room for something! Anything!!

Marry me? Marry me and have my beautiful, well read babies who strut their way out of the womb?

Okay, maybe marriage is a bit of a commitment for two strangers. This is the modern era of snuggies and sham-wow, I get that. I see you're quite the popular lady though. Any room for one more, or shall I take a number?

For an enterprising individual such as yourself, I suppose I could make some room in my schedule...

Nah, don't worry. I have way too much free time, so I should be good to squeeze you in there.

I'll have to grab a rain check on marriage though. Whew boy, baby steps.

My heart, my heart... How it aches.

In that case I'll shoot you a PM with an idea or two and we can see if we hit it off. In a roleplaying way, not an engagement way ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back