Would you return to an Rp you have dropped out of?

FrontLine

Elder Member
Roleplay is an outlet for some people, others it may be a way to forget about reality awhile or various other reasons. Sometimes things happen where we may have to leave or "bow out" as some of you may say. Looking at some of the thread on this portion of the site, there are multiple reasons as to why one may leave and Rp. My question is would you ever return? So for example, say you left an Rp because it was boring and inactive. If said Rp got back on it's feet, would you hop back in it? What are you thoughts and different scenarios?

I guess it would depend on why I left. If it was an issue with other players or the GM or the overall literacy level then I'd probably not go back. If it was an issue of time and suddenly my schedule freed up I might.

If it were me and I left because of maybe lets say an interest issue, I'd return after I've had a second look. In terms of an Rper or Gm I'd say if they left I'd come back to the Rp. One Rper can ruin it for everyone.

Depends on the circumstances, but nine time out of ten, I dropped the rp for a reason, I don't see my self being gung-ho to jump back. To be honest.

I wouldn't rejoin.

Mostly because I left the game for a reason and the other players know that I did so. It is sort of like... going back with your tail between your legs and saying, "hey guys... this looks fun now. Can I join again?" and them responding, "No you left because it was boring."

I would kick myself for sure but not rejoin. If I left the game because of an unexpected life event then I would not be as worried about rejoining. Circumstances and all that.

I probably would not. The main reason I will drop out of a rp is because I suddenly become busy with something else, or have to go somewhere. When I return I see a ton of posts in the rp's thread and realize that a lot of other things are going on and I just simply can't find a way for my character to get involved with what the other characters are doing so I decide to leave. I feel like I just wouldn't be able to get properly involved in the rp and be able to catch up with everything that has happened, even if the rp had managed to get back up on it's feet.

I more than likely wouldn't.

Usually things are done for some specific reason, and in this case, that reason can very well be issues with time, bad behavior from any players, inactive roleplaying or dull plotting / storylines. If that particular roleplay happened to patch itself up from any of those things (save from time issues, as the player is responsible for their own schedule and leisure time), then it might be something worth looking into but it isn't necessarily a "guarantee" that I will step right in again. I might have found another to partake in or have simply moved on.

I would but only if I recruited a totally different set of players and brought them with me

Personally (unless the rp got really far...) I might only consider rejoining if it was rebooted. This is just my own preference, but I think in most cases it would be impossible to get back everyone that was originally in the rp. I pretty much strictly do group rps, but this can apply to rps with very few members too, though it might be less likely. So, replacing members could be an issue, and time constraints. Plus, after all that time I would've forgotten details I had in mind, or even changed my mind about some things. Honestly a lot of the time I stop posting in an rp is because I'm just not feeling up to writing or planning out any more posts, and in that case I doubt I'd even join a reboot. For mine and my fellow player's sakes.

I don't think I would, to be honest, unless it was the greatest time of my life before it died. I probably left for a reason, and there's so many other RPs out there I could be joining instead.

I think rebooting a dead thread usually only works with a lot of new people, in which case it's not really the same RP anyway.

I rarely ever leave RPs, so if I do, then there's probably a damn good reason. If something happened, and I had to leave it for a bit, I don't consider that dropping, that's a hiatus. If I left it, I don't plan on coming back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back