• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Would anyone be interested in...

Atom

Suffers from Selective Memory
A fantasy based desert country type RP?

Like a fantasy world and all but based on a desert continent with a sort of Arabian basis to it?

Do your research. It's a cool idea, but seriously do your research.

I'm currently working on an couple of Ancient Egyptian ideas and have notes kicking about for Arabian stuff. I suggest reading Legend of the Burning Sands, hmm, and looking up The Golden Age of Islam.

Well I'm not looking to entirely base it off Arabian stuff

Just a bit

Kinda like weapons and fighting style as well as architecture

Otherwise I'd rather build up my own lore and such.

So it'll be whatever generic fantasy, that happens to use the aesthetic trappings of the Middle East?

Poor show.

Not generic

I'm going to put effort into it

Or at least try to

And effort requires research. You've got to look at the mythology of the area if you want to do fantasy based there. And the politics and religion, since these things are so strongly influenced by geography and each other.

I'm not basing it there I'm creating my own little world for it

It'll just have some Arabian influence to it.

Yeah, and most medieval fantasy isn't based in Europe until you look at it closely enough.

But regardless, good luck. I'll be watching with interest.

@Atom, what would we be doing in the desert country? Battling sand mages or dealing with creatures that prey on the people by tunneling through the dunes?

Grey said:
So it'll be whatever generic fantasy, that happens to use the aesthetic trappings of the Middle East?
Poor show.
What exactly do you mean here? I ask because not long ago I created a world using the vague template of 'Arabian Nights' and I happen believe it to be a rather impressive showing.

There is a vast gulf between 'inspired by Arabian Nights', and 'using the stereotypical aesthetics of the region'.

This would traditionally be the part where I make a snarky comment about telling, not showing, but I'm aware you produce quality work and therefore don't doubt the assertion.

What about the worlds races? Will they be the typical standard, or will players have the opportunity to incorporate their own designs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back