Worst RP partner you ever had.

Edythir

The Cold One
I have had a bunch of guys godmoding, one liners, that sort of thing, those things don't really piss me off, just move on to the next one, so for the sheer disappointment i will have to go with.... well since this is not a witch hunt, let's call him Bob, i like the name Bob.

So, Bob often made great first posts, often 2-3 paragraphs long for a guy who usually posted nothing but one liners, we RPed for a long time, but there were a few things that made me absolutely furious. For Example.

Everything had to revolve around sex, if my character refused to fornicate with him, i would get nothing but sexual harassment and borderline rape until i consented, we could have a story for like 30 posts if i was lucky, then from there it went from me actually having a part in the story and into being forced to be a trophy wife for him.

He godmoded.... like crazy. He was always the most powerful, the almighty one, in an Dystopian RP that was similar to the Black Bullet Anime, basically kids who get super powers, but generally don't live long, are very sought after for research purposes, and often experimented on until they die. Apperantly he was a demon/dragon creature that was the source of the original mutation, and thus he has all mutations, and cannot be killed, also did i mention that i cannot fight? When there is a fight, even one that i set up, i am forced on the sidelines and he goes solo into it and naturally wins with no problem like he is Kirito-kun or something.

Everything, ever, to go well in my character's backstory, was because of him. When i was trying to set up my character back story, a lot of times he would be like "Nope, that wasn't because of your determination and strength, but because i was working behind the scenes" EVERY. SINGLE. FUCKING. TIME!. I could never do anything, he was always the silent protector, he was always the angle on my shoulder. I once tried to set it up so a rough thing in my character's backstory was BECAUSE of him, giving us some strife to work through. he was like "Nah, that wasn't me, that was some other dude, i saved you"

Then things devolved into sex, always, no matter the connection. I wanted to do a Slice of Life RP that happened in a school. He wanted to be a teacher that fucks students. I wanted a Mech RP, he wanted a trophy wife. I wanted to do a heart warming Father/Daughter RP. He wanted Incest. There is no winning, no matter what happened, there was always a half assed story which he shoe horned himself into, then nothing but sex, i would then break it off before the end of the day because nothing but sex scenes is boring as fuck

So what are your worst RP partners you have had?

I'm sorry, I laughed my ass off reading this.

Now, I can't exactly say who is the worst, but one thing that's recently been jogged in my memory stood out. In an RP where my character played the leader of an organization, and this guy decided to RP the second in command, and it just made no sense whatsoever that he'd be in that position. He constantly shirked responsibilities, disobeyed direct orders, got high, hunted down random people for money, etc. It almost broke the roleplay that he'd ever had gotten into that spot, and when my character revealed he'd much rather have a close friend who had a record of being very responsible fill that position he decided to leave the RP... in a way that blarantly disregarded half the rules of the RP. Sheesh.

RP turned out great afterwards though.

Edythir said:
I have had a bunch of guys godmoding, one liners, that sort of thing, those things don't really piss me off, just move on to the next one, so for the sheer disappointment i will have to go with.... well since this is not a witch hunt, let's call him Bob, i like the name Bob.
So, Bob often made great first posts, often 2-3 paragraphs long for a guy who usually posted nothing but one liners, we RPed for a long time, but there were a few things that made me absolutely furious. For Example.

Everything had to revolve around sex, if my character refused to fornicate with him, i would get nothing but sexual harassment and borderline rape until i consented, we could have a story for like 30 posts if i was lucky, then from there it went from me actually having a part in the story and into being forced to be a trophy wife for him.

He godmoded.... like crazy. He was always the most powerful, the almighty one, in an Dystopian RP that was similar to the Black Bullet Anime, basically kids who get super powers, but generally don't live long, are very sought after for research purposes, and often experimented on until they die. Apperantly he was a demon/dragon creature that was the source of the original mutation, and thus he has all mutations, and cannot be killed, also did i mention that i cannot fight? When there is a fight, even one that i set up, i am forced on the sidelines and he goes solo into it and naturally wins with no problem like he is Kirito-kun or something.

Everything, ever, to go well in my character's backstory, was because of him. When i was trying to set up my character back story, a lot of times he would be like "Nope, that wasn't because of your determination and strength, but because i was working behind the scenes" EVERY. SINGLE. FUCKING. TIME!. I could never do anything, he was always the silent protector, he was always the angle on my shoulder. I once tried to set it up so a rough thing in my character's backstory was BECAUSE of him, giving us some strife to work through. he was like "Nah, that wasn't me, that was some other dude, i saved you"

Then things devolved into sex, always, no matter the connection. I wanted to do a Slice of Life RP that happened in a school. He wanted to be a teacher that fucks students. I wanted a Mech RP, he wanted a trophy wife. I wanted to do a heart warming Father/Daughter RP. He wanted Incest. There is no winning, no matter what happened, there was always a half assed story which he shoe horned himself into, then nothing but sex, i would then break it off before the end of the day because nothing but sex scenes is boring as fuck

So what are your worst RP partners you have had?
Oh wow, my worst experiences seem almost like a blessing compared to the ones you guys put out there. I've got to point out this because this is amazingly hilarious, ridiculous and scary all bundled into a cringe fest. I've got to ask; how did you manage to get rid of the guy?

In terms of my worst experience... there's been a few funny ones but one comes to mind: In a nutshell, a guy was claiming he was a much better rp'er than me and essentially just stole my character's abilities but made them a different colour. Back then I was very hot-headed and annoyed, but these days I'd probably just laugh.

Yikes. That actually sounds pretty freaky. o_o

I've had a lot of occasions with godmodders and bad OCs but one that stands out in recent memory is someone in Twitter's Deadman Wonderland RP verse. They seemed like a nice enough person and definitely a beginner so when they asked, I decided to cut them some slack and RP with them, but there were issues from the start. Their character was supposed to be the (teenage, at the youngest) son of a character who, in the series proper, is in his mid-twenties. Okay, no big deal, just write my character in the future, right? Except... my character dies at the end of the series, so unless you're prepared to deal with my extensively detailed but not very good "he lives" AUs that only exist so I can deny his death, everything has to happen around the timeframe of the series. Eventually we decided to just not acknowledge that and instead say that they were just closely related, explaining the similar appearances and powers. So, we RP, things are going fine. Their writing isn't the best but I try to make up for it where I can, our characters are getting along. Then, out of nowhere, their character starts flirting with mine, eventually getting to be damn near sexual harassment since my character gets really uncomfortable at the mere implication of sex most of the time. Okay, whatever, that surprised me but he's likely to brutally harm anyone who tries that sort of thing on him so your character's about to learn his lesson. Then their character doesn't even react when mine stabs a spike through his hand and threatens to cut his arm off if he touches him like that again. ??? There are characters in this verse that can heal well enough for things like that to not affect them much but your character shouldn't be one of them, that's pretty rare. Oh, and did I mention that my character has cannibalistic tendencies and when theirs saw him eating a human arm, he decided to try it and promptly declared that it wasn't bad, immediately after mine admitted that it's an acquired taste?

And then that's just in the actual RP. OOC brought another issue. For those who don't know, Twitter RP verses are extremely open--no sign-ups or anything, just make an account for your character and hop in whenever you please, if you decide you don't want to anymore you can abandon or flip the account, no harm done. This person tried to make an official statement saying that if someone wanted to join the DMWL verse, you should come to them or me, and started setting up a bunch of rules and stuff and acted like I agreed to all of this (probably because they knew I have more authority than them--I've been in the verse for about a year and a half now, and brought it up from the dead when I first started, while almost all of the people who were there before me stopped RPing in the verse long ago, so a lot of the current "generation" see me as a pseudo-authority figure) even though we never spoke about this and I was actually asleep when they posted it. They also put together a list of DMWL RP accounts that completely excluded 100+ accounts that they weren't aware of (several of which are mine too!). I'd been trying to be nice but oh man, I ripped into them for that. You can't close off a Twitter RP verse like that. (And, admittedly, I'm a little territorial. I work hard to maintain a certain degree of quality and activity since it's my favorite verse and it saddens me to see it dead or full of bad writers.) Between the bad first impression between our characters and this incident we haven't had much reason to interact IC or OOC since.

ouch, these guys sound like enormous butts. still lmao-ing though, this is gold.

i think the worst partner i've ever had was a guy from a few years ago. we were both part of an alarmingly small rp community, there were only about ten active rpers (everyone else just lurked and shitposted all day) so everyone was always in the same rps as each other. we all got to know the ins and outs of each other's writing.

the guy i'm describing was obsessed with robots. it didn't matter what rp he joined, but whenever he signed up for anything, his character was a robot. i'm talking every genre and setting there is. medieval fantasy with knights and dragons? "i'm a robot!" 1x1 wilderness survival in the woods? "i'm a robot!" freakin' dinosaur rp? "i'm a robot!" obviously his character sheet was rejected nearly every time he posted, but simple denial was no match for him! he'd just come storming through the thread with his super-robot powers and annihilate the rp. he completely derailed the plot in everything he touched, it was dreadful. and what made it worse was that the forum didn't give OPs mod permissions, so nobody could delete the posts, and staff were an endangered species.

These are stone-cold situations there, folks. Enough to make a grown man cry in despair and abysmal hopelessness, but since I'm already here, might as well share a tale or two, exploring non-fictional stories extremely horrid partners, all of which happened to me.

So, I used to RP in another forum, everything g was really lax over there, and the staff were all but present over there, they had abandoned that forum like three years ago, but it was still flourishing due to determined members. I started an RP over there, really pure western stuff, which explores the contrasting difference between normality and (whimsical) gallows humour. Which was pretty weird though, but everyone was basically normal guys. Mine was a writer, another was a thief, and there was a bartender and a swindler too. And then suddenly, there's a 'robot' in the RP, he submitted his application which I refused, since he wanted to apply a robot, which he fervently tried to convince me, that it was a tank destroyer. He got real angry with the fact that I dismissed his character, to the point where he started to forcibly enter his character into the RP (we couldn't kick him out or do just about anything to him, and the staff didn't make any badass intervention for they had abandoned the forum), and started to use some freakin' chemical weapons such as white phosphorus, mustard gas and agent Orange, in a world where the only mode transportation were walking, horses, donkeys or carriages. We (by that, I also mean other players) abandoned the RP because the same guy entered the same 'tank destroyer' into just about every RPs, and also ruined the true spirit of spaghetti western culture.

Another time, I got this guy (or gal?) who tried to shoehorn (stupidly) overpowered characters with the abilities to destroy, like an entire planet. Made no sense, especially since the theme was a noir-superhero one. The GM accepted him for absolutely no fucking reason than that because he (or she?) Was a very close friend. Turns out, the whole RP was just ruined and everybody left. She (or he?) Frequently seemed to change his (or her?) Personal identity, all the while flaunting it around like everyone just forgot that she was a male a while back. It literally made no sense, and maybe, just maybe, that person must've been trolling us.

@Elephantom oh gee that sounds way too much like my old community, we had that one person who kept changing their gender and sexuality every couple of days.

she started out as a straight girl and by the end of the month, they literally (i mean i'm not kidding even a little) called themselves a "non-binary demipanromantic anti-social gay boy with depression and anxiety". like... ok.... but do you think you might be faking that just a little?

Yes, there's a bit of exaggeration over there. But, you get the picture here. It was a different identity every fortnight, and it started to grow extremely stressed. Everyone thought it was a joke, and afterwards, a running gag, but then, he/she/they started to behave doggone crazy.

that sounds really annoying. like zubat-level annoying. good thing we're here now instead of those old places.

Since the previous post was a formatting nightmare now I'll just redo it with my absolute worst roleplay partner.

We'll call her Pat and Pat was one of those people who really really liked explicit content roleplays. Like she was down for pretty much entirely smut based roleplays and liked to pepper in kink or fetishes to everything she did. 

Since I have a strict - Keep it PG13 - policy Pat and I did not get along. 

First time I tried to roleplay with her she kept hounding me to change the entire plot of the roleplay ( a kind of super silly take on magical girls ) into basically her personal fantasy which was me creating a character that verbally and physically humiliated her for some form of sexual gratification. 

And I'm like... No. 

Well Pat did not like this word "No" so she kept harping and harping. Always trying to get me to change things to be her way and trying to guilt me into to doing it when I balked.

I eventually blocked Pat and said good riddance.

Only to have her contact me on another account this time to try to brow beat me about my No Explicit Sexual Content Rule.

Like she kept asking me what I meant and when I spelled it out for her she acted like I had done her a huge inconvenience by not bowing to her passive aggressive bullshit. 

Ugh Pat was the worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Twixt I think that's why I got it in the first place. I like how it terrifies some people <3

Your avatar makes me want some Tokyo Ghoul RPing

ahh tokyo ghoul, that one show that brings the weeaboo out of my core.

you could make the rp yourself and i'd join it. i've actually been fantasising about a tg rp for a while now...

Twixt said:
ahh tokyo ghoul, that one show that brings the weeaboo out of my core.
you could make the rp yourself and i'd join it. i've actually been fantasising about a tg rp for a while now...
Nah, I'm already starting a bunch of RPs. Besides, TG RPs always suffer from the thing where people don't want to be weak Ghouls. And in those RPs, I'm part of said problem. Strong Ghouls are cool.

So this guy let's name him bill. Back at hamster hideout where the rp's were about hamsters. My Rp was hamsters only, Guess what he did? He made a alien charactor. After rejecting him he still posted. The Rp died because he would keep god modding.

Arg, reading these reminds me of how hard it is to find people who don't do this!

I agree with most of these points, if I had to add, isn't it annoying when your partner refuses to add to the plot? I don't know how to explain this well, but I really dislike being the only one contributing. Sometimes it felt like the creativity of their replies relied solely on whatever was posited before them. Its a team effort to make these things interesting, seriously!

I don't have much experience RPing in a forum setting but one of my first ever Dungeons & Dragons group was played on Roll20 with a "friend" of mine who goes by Greed. He was a very sexually frustrated gay boy who toke it out anywhere he could. The biggest example is when we first started our campaign his character introduction featured a full length description of his FEMALE Tiefling's gigantic "package".

He got us both kicked out when he decided to try and desecrate the corpse of a Human Cleric in literally the first hour of the session.

Back on the DayZ Roleplay Servers, I met a guy who literally called himself "A fucking unicorn", story short, we ended up crashing a helicopter into an occupied airbase and he then killed me and took my stuff. He seriously thought it wasn't an rp server.

Wow lots of bad ones over here.

Well, my last RP partner was this guy who approached me about starting a Doctor Who RP. And I was all for it, and things were going great, and he seemed to be writing pretty well. He started wanting to talk in between the RP replies. Well we chat back and forth and he obviously has some problems he's trying to cope with only he's always unloading his emotional baggage on me and he just got very clingy lol. Well, there was this one time I hadn't responded to his stuff in about two weeks and he blew up my Facebook notifications with requests on literally every post of mine saying "please message me" and I end up going back to RPing with him, trying not to make a big deal out of it even though I was really creeped out. Up to that point I had thought he was pretty cute. He was cool. We had talked on the phone once, and he had seemed like an ok sort of person, if not sort of angsty.

He ends up asking me where I live, telling me he plans to visit me for the summer.

That's where I drew the line.

I blocked him on Facebook and never replied to him again and I haven't regretted it since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back