Worst RP partner you ever had.

Yikes guys, this all sounds so dang rough.

But, I also am a harbinger of bad RP partners. But one, stood out, among other bad experiences. There was this guy who wanted to rp with me and I was pretty chill with it given we shared a bunch of interests. It was like two days into the deal when I realized he had been telling people on the forum we were dating and to not chat with me because I was "his". Not in like the rp, but in real life. The funniest part of this was he was under the impression, because I was RPing a female character, that I must be female. Sad to say for him, I am not, in fact, female so when one of my forum buddies let him know this he had a giant, and very public meltdown, and deleted his account. I've never heard from him since and good riddance.

The worst experience I've had so far was with a girl who became insanely jealous because I had my character hug another character for saving us in the rp. She started pming me every day, saying things like I was her best friend, but would act really cold toward me while rping. It got to the point where the dude who's character I'd hugged felt really weirded out by her. We actually became good friends through it all, but we stopped rping because she wouldn't stop harassing us.

This is definitely light compared to what some of you guys have been through, though! I'm a little scared now D=

I had a guy that mostly posted one liners, used awful grammar, completely ignored the character sheet I gave him, and added plot changing stuff without talking to me first.

I had a male on another site that allows sexual role plays basically tell me that he would be using our role play for sexual fantasies while he was.. Erm, "helping himself" later. He also told me that since his wife was depressed, she wouldn't have sex with him, so he role played with women to have sexual gratification since he couldn't get it at home. Of course, I told him this all made me highly uncomfortable, and he began to speak to me as if I was the character I was role playing, saying things like "So do you like that, -character name-?" And I just eventually reported him because it was 100% creepy. The mod told me that he had been reported before for the same things, and to stay away from him. He wasn't banned or anything, which pissed me off. He was a total pos, not only creepy, but he was a douche to his depressed wife. Like, what the Hell?

I've actually never had thst many bad experiences with roleplay partners, I normally only join roleplays with people I know, and I have very high-standards and background check people who join roleplays I create or one on one with.

Thst said. All the people you guys are talking about sound like they're an ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_m8x15e4s7s1rvjt2vo1_500.gif

You all make me feel spoiled. I don't have a bunch of messed up stuff to talk about mostly because I only roleplayed with friends for most of the years I've been doing it. It wasn't till later I actually started branching out into forum.

But I guess the absolute worst partner I had was kind of one of those who seemed to have RP ADHD. Like we'd start, things would be going great, but within a few posts, they'd get bored and kill their character off which left my character in the lurch, and then want to do something else. So eventually I got tired of that and moved on.

Turns out, they were the clingy jealous type.

I'd have a good rp with someone else and they'd absolutely go off the deep end in the PM, trash talking my partner and wondering why I would ignore their requests. Ended up eventually telling them just to piss off and went for the good ol' Ignore button.

I did have a friend though that got stalked by this dude who believed she was a pagan and wanted to burn her at the stake irl because of a character she played. He ended up getting banned, but I thought he was just being some kind of troll. This same friend also had a random dude PM her a sexual post towards her character when he wasn't even in our roleplay at all. That one actually ended up being kind of hilarious though because it just came out of nowhere and she was like WAT? WHAT DO I EVEN DO?

When I was 17, I was on this weird roleplay forum, and the minimum post count was 50 words. I was posting 2-3 paragraphs per post, and my partner, was only dropping one sentence. That was it. It wasn't even 50 words. I reported him to the mods, mods didn't care. I tried to keep role playing, and then this asshat of a partner ends up with "You know what, your posts are too tiny. I put so much effort into my posts and you do that? Screw you." I left the site.

My worst? This was from a private 1x1 RP, which goes into a pretty weird story. This was something I thought liked me, and they seemed to as a friend. We had a common fandom, and we had alot of pleasant conversations, and even seemed to interest her with my darker side. As such, we did an RP that tilted into that darker side, and I wanted to make sure I was working entirely to her comfort, so I would ask many questions before and during the RP, just so I made sure I wasn't treading anywhere I shouldn't. Come to find out, she flipped out at me all of a sudden, seemingly a complete 180 from the impression I had gotten from her. Then she avoided me for about a year. I didn't even find out what was wrong until another friend helped me to sort that issue out. So, finally, I got a second chance, but we never got to RPing together again, and I guess she didn't like that I had grown to someone who would call out hypocrisies as I saw them, so she eventually just stopped talking to me again, and hasn't shown herself sense. I then later found out that she only did that 1x1 as a favor for the other friend who helped me earlier on who wasn't so sure she should RP with me. Never got to RP with that friend either. Ugh.

If it hadn't happened to me, I wouldn't have believed it.

Holy crap.

I havent been rping for a very long time, so i really dont have much experience into it. But all of these stories make me incredibly creeped out and worried. Especially when im highly against rping anything containing sex and smut 0_0

My Worst RP partner was on a Chat on my of my RP forums. and basically. They were a eleven year old who played yandere simulator. and they used imperfect grammar. And kept making plot changing events. Me and my pals were RPing their AU out of "There was nothing else to do" and they said "They pulled out a knife and killed (Insert Major Character Here)" after that me and my pal lost our shite, and did a plan, blah blah we asked them questions for high grades. I would go on with this but it would slowly develop into a rant, lets just say they responded with "I thought babies was a sex organ"... Did i also mention that their oc was immortal?

In another forum there was a guy who stole concepts from series saying they were original ideas by him, rejected any kind of criticism or attempts to help him, made overpowered characters and complained when nobody wanted to play with him. He stole whole arcs from Anime, he insulted people behind their backs and tried to act like a victim to the authorities in the forum when he was the most disruptive element in the forum.

(Damn, you had it rough) Another Bad RP partner i had was someone who made the most Gary Sue character ever. They created a bunch of friends for the oc for them to protect, had that deus ex machina in their group who made everything better (Aka some dog thing) and had a edgy version of their oc with "Dark" at the beginning of their name. But enough about their characters. lets talk about how they RP and more. First. Their grammar is horrid, and has made me cringe until my face was smaller than a atom (Not really). and let me legit quote them "OC: Yeah my pal created a machine which can transcend time and space, and they also made a machine which can change your species". And... (So many "And"s) they Make their OC OP as hell. giving them the ability to literally become god and break major fabrics of time and space... Lets say... they stopped RPing for a while... after the admins talked to them...

PS: The worst part of this partner that they got promoted to a mod

PPS: The best part that they got demoted

Other of the rotten apples of RPG I had the misfortune to find was a guy who made the same character all the time. He always made a "cool" looking character, who was a space god who used some kind of super sword made of space unobtanium and had a giant fleet of ships and lead a massive space empire. He had the worst grammar you've ever seen and lacked any tool to properly describe characters, using some of the weirdest analogies or directly saying "he is as fast as X character from Y series"

He traced and stole art and said it was his own, even from art in other bios (I edited an image once, he stole it, said he found it first, but I quickly displayed the original and my edited version and shut him up) But the worst thing he did was creating a secondary account and saying that the player (not the character) was his girlfriend. It was clearly not another person, same grammar mistakes, same attitude (And as a mod discovered later he had the same IP)

Dang. I know mine just sounded outright absurd, whereas I'm seeing stories about complete and utter Jerkasses with Hearts of Jerks.

I remember RPing years ago and I wrote "wth" in a PM to someone. It wasn't meant to upset that person. It was something along the lines of "Whoa wth! My cat just had a hairball on my couch!" Or something stupid like that.

Well this person had a MAJOR meltdown!

They starting PMing me and writing all over my RP and they're like "Oh my gosh! I'm not associating with someone who uses that foul language! You need to have your mouth washed out with soap! Blah blah blah! Nag nag nag!"

And the funny thing is, that this person was probably younger than me. ._. They had almost unintelligible writing and had an unhealthy obsession with Pokemon (don't hate me here. I like Pokemon, too, but some people go waaaay overboard, and this person was one of them).

Then they proceeded to BLOCK me and badmouth me all over the site! X_X

Recently I roleplayed with a girl. If I didn't replied in half an hour/one hour she would send me a message or bump the thread. At one point I decided to quit the roleplay and explained that I didn't enjoy roleplaying with her. The next day I open my inbox and see lots of messages where the person kept begging me to continue and explained how our roleplay is so important to her etc.. I'm not exagaratting when I say she sent a message every 2-3 minutes. I blocked her and things went well until she contacted my roleplay partners and started asking them to convince me to roleplay with her. I found that very annoying that she involved other people into it.

I can't think of more but when I do I will post it here.

I really don't know who are the worst RPers i had.. the ones that throw their fetishes down to your troat, the ones that gives you one-words replies (lazy), the ones who think about nothing but sex... Also, the ones that create fights over a little thing, making their friends as their personnal army.. but all have something in common: they make me ashamed to be a RPer.

Not mentionned that many are over-obssessed by the game "Undertale", i've seeing some videos about it, and i still completely indifferent about it, i don't understand the hype about it, in my eyes, it's just a game, nothing more, nothing less.

MasterKabuki said:
I really don't know who are the worst RPers i had.. the ones that throw their fetishes down to your troat, the ones that gives you one-words replies (lazy), the ones who think about nothing but sex... Also, the ones that create fights over a little thing, making their friends as their personnal army.. but all have something in common: they make me ashamed to be a RPer.
Not mentionned that many are over-obssessed by the game "Undertale", i've seeing some videos about it, and i still completely indifferent about it, i don't understand the hype about it, in my eyes, it's just a game, nothing more, nothing less.
The lazy one words replies are just annoying. I seriously had replies like "He smiled." "He nodded." There's nothing you can reply to that or you are forced to drag the whole story along.

my most recent one was a guy who reached out to me through one of my tumblr posts asking for someone who could RP a certain character. anyways, his replies were always kinda short and worded weirdly, but he still got tje job done. the thing is, at first he was really persistent and i had to be the one to kinda ignore him. i asked that we take it realistically slow but that didn't work out, our first RP ended up being smut, which was fine i guess. later, he and i both were busy but he'd go 2 weeks without replying, and would get mad at me and tell me i was "guilt tripping" him if i messaged him in between, even though i know he's usually watching anime half the time. he ignored me for a long period of time and i ended up having to delete him and end it even though i invested a lot in or rps. it's kinda sad tbh

I feel like I'm myself a pretty bad rper partner like I always feel bad to the person I'm rping with. I wish I could do better or sound better?? lol hopefully I will get better somehow ya know

Worst RP partner I had was on a smaller site with a close-ish community. As far as his grammar and the quality of the posts went, he was fine. But he god-modded like a motherfucker. In a post-apocalyptic RP similar to the setting of the movie Water World, all our characters were supposed to be barely getting by with the lack of resources. Well, he rolls up in a goddamn chinese destroyer and tries to fight us. Meanwhile the largest ship any character had was a non-functional battleship that only made for a leaky garbage barge.

There was another RP that was a slice-of-life that was supposed to be grounded in reality. But instead he makes a spy that tries to hunt down and kill everyone elses characters for literally no reason.

It was thoroughly annoying to RP with him. But that's the worst I've had to deal with. I feel lucky after having read everyone elses posts.

Oh and before i forget, the ones that throw a hissy because i'm french, i ask politely and it's always the same thing, they have missed the fact that i can write in french and english, but nooo, "go away" litteraly, and one another bad experience, one.

The worst roleplay partner I've had so far? That's pretty easy- on the website I used to 'Roleplay' on (I use air quotes because it was a terrible forum.) there was this this girl who asked me if she could use one of my characters. I said yes, thinking it would be a great chance for other people to see my character. So, side note you have to know before you keep reading is- my character was what sexist people call a 'tomboy'. She wore cargo pants and guys T-shirts. So, when I read the other user interpretation, my character looked stupid- when she was introduced, she was wearing a skimpy pink dress. I asked the writer if she had even read my character and found out that, no, she hadn't she just wanted more credit. (BP) so that's that.

So I found this thread from Google after looking for bad roleplay experiences just cause, but man I'm blown away by how strange some of these stories are. I even found myself being able to relate to some of them, so much in fact that I created an account on here just to post my own story. So here goes; there's this guy I've known for literally years (Lets call him Bigboy45) that simply loves to rp, in fact thats how I met him. It should also be known that I was really shy back then so Bigboy45 was my only partner. Now, I don't claim to even be a decent roleplayer, but Bigboy45 made me look like an author around twenty posts into any rp we'd do. He'd start out with a literal essay describing his character, then less than a day later I would get replies that literally contained nothing more than "Really?" multiple times within one roleplay. If anything happened to further the plot, it was always me having to force it along. Then, no matter what the rp was, it would always just dissolve into endless smut and eventually him saying he was bored with the rp and even complaining that I didn't add enough story. Eventually, the breaking point was him getting bored with, and quitting, an rp four posts into it. After that I told him just how awful the experience truly was and blocked him on everything I'd added him on. A week later he then started to contact my friends and tried to convince them to get me to unblock him. Sadly, I did and fell right back into the old patterns. This time, Bigboy45 was always looking for smut regardless of the character and rp. Action sci-fi in space? Get busy with all the guards that captured his character. Action sci-fi on a planet? Screw all the locals ASAP. Unfortunately, I still know him, but his total idiocy has driven me to find better partners and ultimately better my own writing. Sorry for the huge essay, I think I went a little overboard ( -_- ")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back