• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Worlds Apart

Characters
Here
Marcus put away the meat and took out a bag of fruit, after taking a little for himself he gave the bag to Danica. "Okay then, I wasn't sure if your diet was the same as mine or not so I thought to 'acquire' some dried fruit that the high ranking officers get. Anyway the fruit is all yours."

--------- Danica Lya'lin --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I appreciate your gesture of kindness." She said, taking the bag from him.

Danica slowly ate the pieces of dried fruit, the taste foreign to her so it took a bit for her to get used to the taste. Sitting quietly by the fire, she listened to the crackling of it and the sound of the wind moving the trees. She returned the bag to him after eating a handful of it's contents. It wasn't due to her not wanting to eat all of his food, but more-so that if she ate too much before resting, then she often felt sick in the morning from it.

"I do not know your understanding of the Deep Wood, but there will be many creatures awaken during the night." She said suddenly, pulling her tangled braid over her shoulder and began undoing it. "I wanted to warn you, so you did not provoke them."

She didn't elaborate on what creatures came out at night, and instead busied herself with using her fingers to comb the snags out of her hair.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcus took the bag and chuckled, "I understand enough to know not to anger something I don't." After Marcus spoke it grew quiet again the crackling of the fire the only noise other then the sound of insects and distant howls of beasts. "Before I forget, I will take watch tonight."

Danica Lya'lin

She made no remark, and continued the tedious task of combing through her hair with her hands; a task that took her about ten minutes to do. It was only broken by his remark of taking first watch. Her lavender eyes flicked up towards his eyes, unsure. While part of her wanted to rest, the other part of her was telling her not to trust the human. Had she more clothing on, than the remainders of her smock, she'd have accepted and slept up in a tree. However, due to her lack of clothing she knew she had to lay next to the fire to keep the chill away. Despite her reasons for not trusting humans, this one seemed to be a deviant of his race and it left her with no choice but to trust him.

"Very well." She relented, quickly braiding her hair back and flipping it back over her shoulder. "Wake me if there is anything wrong."

Danica was definitely glad to not have to take watch, and leaned over onto the ground beside the fire and rested her head on her arm while she stared at the flickering. Briefly, she remembered that they needed more kindling, but she assumed that the human knew how to tend a fire and left the task in his hands, if needed. Once in a comfortable position, she cast a quick glance up at the human before closing her eyes and giving herself in to her fatigue.

Marcus watched the elf go to sleep. Once she did he got started on gathering more wood for the fire. It took several trips but he gathered enough to ensure the fire would last the night.

Now with nothing left to tend to besides throwing wood in the fire to keep it going Marcus scanned the forest, finding nothing he briefly looked at the elf.

If he was honest with himself the elf woman was quite beautiful. If he did not remind himself he could easily see her as a human woman.

Marcus cursed quitely, "Damn it she is an elf no matter how I see it. I am only here because I need her to guide me out nothing more."

Danica Lya'lin

While Danica wished her dreams would have been peaceful, they were anything but not.

She found herself re-living the past events of the day, including the one when she got her scar. Most of the people in her dream were faceless, only three making a relating appearance. The first face she recognized was the human Commander, slowly walking at her with malice in his eyes. Suddenly she felt like a small girl again and she couldn't help but to cower in fear from him. Her dream then switched to the night she got her scar and instead of the humans she remembered distinctly, it was instead Marcus and the human that tortured her in the Commander's camp. She couldn't make herself move, and was rooted to the spot as they neared her with their blades.
"Elven bitch. You'll get what you deserve." Marcus said, drawing his blade across her neck.

She bolted up into a sitting position, her hand instantly going to her scar. Despite being awake, she was not fully conscious of her surroundings and sat there with a fearful expression on her face as she looked into the fire for a moment. Taking a deep breath to steady herself, she glanced over the fire towards where Marcus had been before she'd fallen asleep.

Marcus was about to turn his gaze back to the forest when Danica suddenly woke up. Marcus saw the fear in her gaze. He tore his eyes away from her the look was way too familiar, too humanizing.

"Another nightmare?" Marcus said before he could stop himself. The man mentally cursed reminding himself that they were only on neutral terms because it would be counter productive to cross blades.

Danica Lya'lin

”Bad memories.” She said softly, her eyes turning back to the flickering flames of the fire.

She’d always thought she’d gotten past the first time she received her scar. Her dream made her realize how far she’d yet to go. Even so, tonight was not the night she wanted to deal with those troubles. Instead she offered to take a watch.

“I will not be able to sleep until my mind calms down. So if you are tired I can take my watch now.” She offered.

"I see." Marcus laid down where he was. Putting his sword next to where he rested he closed his eyes. "If you wish you may take watch. See you in the morning." Soon after Marcus let himself drift to sleep.

Marcus had just came back from a scouting trip when a messenger ran up to him and handed him a letter. Upon opening the letter and reading the contents he ran to his officer and asked for permission to visit his home village.

He got permission, so after a weeks ride on horseback he laid eyes on the village that was once his home. The smell of death still hung in the air and rotting bodies could still be seen. The charred remains of homes and businesses and burnt farms were all that greeted him the place was quiet not even the wind seemed to blow. Marcus ran to his childhood home on the edge of town.

It was there he saw the decaying corpses of his parents covered in dirt and ash surrounded by dried blood. He remembered the letter about the elven attack by a particularly vicious elf. With that image forever carved in his mind he vowed to make the elves pay for the deaths of everyone in the village and find the elf that led the attack and kill him.

Marcus tossed and turned a little during the night clenching his sword at times but otherwise was quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back