• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Worlds Apart

Characters
Here

Cindella

Id rather tell stories imperfectly than not at all
The world of Arcadia lived in tumultuous peace. While the three races weren't necessarily at war, but still race rivalry spread over whom was the best. They were masters in many skills, but none could claim undefeated in every aspect. Dwarves were the leading race for gem production and weapons creation, neither of the other two races could build something as sturdy, or powerful as they. The Elven-kind were masters of nature and magics, their growth in this mastery had granted them long lives with their study. It was a secret that was not shared with any of the other races. Humans were the most versatile of them all, the jack-of-all trades, but the true master of none. They were fierce in battle, and a worthy opponent that are not easily swayed from what they want.

For the most part, they thrived together... until the Dwarves found something deep under the ground. During a year long mining expedition, determined to create the largest quarry in Arcadia, they broke through a hard rock layer into a black pit that extended further than their eyes could see. It wasn't until they started venturing down, that the evil below was awoken. Blinded by their greed, the Dwarves were all but wiped out in their attempt to close the hold and fight the creatures emerging from the dark.

In a last attempt to prevent the creatures from reaching the surface, they tried to collapse all of the tunnels leading to the dark... but not all were sealed.

It has been two hundred years since the fall of the Dwarves, and the rise of the black Orc creatures. Since then, the elves retreated into the Deep Forest and left the creatures to do as they pleased, knowing they were safe in their forests. The Humans fared better than the Elves expected. Despite the Orcs roaming the surfaces in small groups, they humans were able to master the art of fighting them.

Little did either races know of the dark creature lurking below them...

waiting for it's chance to rise again.​

Last edited:
--------- Danica Lya'lin --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danica's lavender eyes surveyed the scene in front of her; six human bodies, and four orcs, littered the forest floor. The smell of death clung to the air, stinging her sensitive nose with the tang of iron. Her initial reaction was to flee the scene, but she found herself rooted to the spot. It wasn't as if she'd never seen either of the races before, but she was curious about the orcs. Most of the time, when out scouting like she was currently doing, she would take a vial of blood back to the mystics to help aid them in their search to find something they were weak to. Orcs were disturbing, ugly creatures to her. She'd learned to tell when one was near, just by the smell of rotting flesh that permeated the air in their wake. However, they didn't seem to feel pain, and it made them that much more terrifying to fight.

She collected what she could of the black blood that was left, and started to leave when movement caught her eye. With lighting reflexes, she whipped around, spinning her double-bladed glaive off of her back and into a defensive position in front of her. Her heart beat rapidly in her chest, and she could hear the blood rushing in her ears. Danica's eyes flicked around the area for the movement that had caused alarm. Confusion danced across her face as she could not place the reason for her panic, at least not until she lowered her glaive. She saw it clearly that time, one of the human bodies shifted slightly. At this point, it felt like her heart was caught in her throat from the fear and adrenaline pumping through her. She wasn't completely alone in these woods, but if something were to happen help wouldn't be getting there fast enough. Arborlon was too far away, and she knew that the other scouts were not patrolling this area today.

It was one human, what was there to be afraid of? Besides, it looked like it wouldn't make it through the night anyways. She started to leave again, but could not make her feet move. Despite the hatred towards humans, it still felt wrong to leave the human there to die.

"Damn myself if this ends unwell." She cursed herself in Elvish, before moving towards the human.

It was a male, she concluded from the build. She crouched on the balls of her feet beside him, her toes gripping the earth to keep herself balanced. Her white braid slipped over her shoulder, dangling a few inches above the male's chest, as she felt for signs of life. There was a nasty slash across the right side of his body, and blood was still slipping out of it. She didn't know how bad the wound was, at least not without removing the armor. However, she didn't want to take a chance on him bleeding out because she didn't know the ways of human armor. She rested both hands on his wound and applied a small amount of pressure before sending healing energy into it to staunch the bleeding. While Elves were well-versed in healing, they did not have the power to completely heal large wounds like this without the help of others to lend their magic as well. She was able to stop the frequency of the bleeding, but she still needed to remove his armor and tunic before dressing the wound.

For the next twenty minutes she struggled to remove the armor and move the human away from the carnage. In the end, she had managed to move him about fifteen feet from his original spot and currently had him propped against the side of a large oak tree with a massive canopy. Luckily for the human, she carried herbal plants on her person when out scouting, so she had everything on hand that was needed to clean and treat the wound. However, she sacrificed a good portion of his shirt to make the dressing that she wrapped tightly around his mid-section to keep pressure on the wound so he wouldn't bleed out. As she finished tying the dressing, she wondered if he would make it through the night.

Nights in the Deep Wood weren't always the safest, depending on which sector they were in. However, she knew this one to not be overly dangerous for an unconscious being. However, she decided she would make a fire for him and leave. No need to let them know that an elf was near, he'd probably kill her on sight. So she set to her task of gathering wood quietly before returning and starting a fire a handful of feet away from him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Marcus groaned feeling a radiating warmth on his skin and several pounds lighter. As his eyes opened and he started to look around he noticed the fire in front of him and the tree on his back. Marcus tried to remember what happened and the memories of the fight with a group of orcs rushed back to him. His party was ordered to map the forest for a way to one of the elven cities or at least figure out what made the place so hard to navigate. They were in the forest for three hours when the Orc patrol attacked.

A rookie would think that having six experienced scouts against four orcs was favorable odds but any veteran could tell you the odds were not in their favor. Their raw strength alone matched three or four men, to make things worse Orcs seemed to not feel pain so nothing short of cutting the head or piercing the chest would put them down though the latter still gave them enough time to put in one final swing if you were not careful.

Marcus remembered they had taken down three Orcs and injured the leader losing all but Marcus and his commander in the process. Marcus also remembered his commander's head being split by a strike from the Orc leader's greataxe. Marcus remembered making the final blow but receiving a nasty blow on his right side that destroyed his armor. After that everything faded to black.

"So judging by the piece of my shirt acting like a bandage and my armor removed another scouting party may have just saved my ass and left apparently. Either way they must have had a knowledge on herbs or I would be in worse pain. Well I can thank them when I run into them, for now I better get back to camp and report in." Marcus used his swords scabbard as a crutch to get himself up groaning all the way. Once standing he fastened his sword belt and checked the pouches and as expected his healing potion was ruined, the bottle busted. With a resigned sigh Marcus ignored the aching and slung his quiver and bow on his back and started searching for one of the trail markings they made on their way in, leaving his ruined chainmail shirt and gamboson behind.

--------- Danica Lya'lin --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She only planned on leaving another load of kindling, in case whenever the human woke, he might prefer to wait until tomorrow to continue his journey. With a wound like that, she'd be surprised if he was even capable of making any trek through the Deep Woods. She shifted the pile of wood in her arms as she made her way closer to the clearing where she'd left him. As she made her way on the scene of the makeshift camp, she stopped in her tracks upon seeing him standing and slinging a quiver and bow over his back. Danica wasn't sure that she wanted a face off with a human, especially one that seemed to have been the only survivor of an Orc raid, but then again he was wounded, so she'd definitely have time to flee and lose him in the thick brush of the forest.

A stupid thought flicked through her mind that maybe if she just didn't move, he may not see her. Her arm twitched slightly, wanting to draw her weapon for comfort and defense. Her thoughts centered on what she could do in case the human decided to attack; hurtling the wood at him would give her a chance to keep out of reach. The elf also wondered what the human's reaction would be in learning that it was an elf that saved him from dying. Part of her wanted to see how that would play out, but it was also risky... for he could easily overpower her. She wasn't a large elf, only slightly shorter than average, but she was lightning quick and it made up for her lack of strength.

The factor that made her declare her presence was the human's apparent disregard for his health.

"If you plan on a fool's quest of walking through this forest with that wound, I'd like to warn you that you are not likely to make it when dusk falls." She commented in his language.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcus was starting to walk out of the clearing when he heard a woman's voice suddenly speak up behind him. Thinking it was one of the rare few female scouts he did not draw his weapon but instinct demanded him to rest his hand on his weapon. He turned around and drew the second he spotted a Elf woman. Though Marcus was confused as logic did dictate that she was the one that patched him up.

"So I lose my party to Orcs than a damn elf patches me up and gives me advice all in the same day." Marcus snorts "Though I am curious, why in the seven hells would an elf help a human.?" Marcus dared not attack an opponent that was clearly in better health though he watched the she-elf for any signs of attacking.

Her lavender eyes watched his hand as he rested it on his weapon while she kept her grip tight on the bundle of wood in her hands. Her eyes narrowed slightly at his weapon before flicking back up to his face at his question.

"We do not lack empathy for any dying creature, despite racial status." She commented drily, before bravely moving towards the fire. "You need no worry about me slipping a knife between your ribs. You'd be dead now if I had wanted to earlier."

Truthfully, she didn't know why she didn't give him a farewell and leave. Morbid curiosity, she assumed giving him a wide berth as she made her way towards the fire. Despite the knowledge that she had no intentions of harming him, she couldn't say that she would believe he didn't have those thoughts. Their races had been at each other's throats for as far back as time could recall.

"If you wish to continue your journey, be warned that there are a lot more heinous creatures in these woods than Orcs." She said, dropping the wood by the fire.

Her long ear twitched slightly, catching an extremely faint sound of metal clinking in the distance.

Marcus whipped his head around towards the clinking of metal ment one of two thing other elves or humans the former was more likely Orcs did not wear much more then hide from their kills unless it was a chieftain. "So your elf friends visiting us because I somehow doubt my people are coming."

She knew the elves weren't patrolling this area tonight, but there wasn't going to be a reason she'd tell him that. Made her feel safer that he wasn't going to attack that way.

"I should be on my way." She said, stepping away from the fire and towards the direction she had originally came from.

Marcus shrugged "Whatever, May we never meet again elf." The word elf came out like a curse. Marcus walked towards one of the trees and checked it for a trail marking his party left behind. All the while that sudden faint sound of clinking metal making him nervous he did not find the marker so he checked another tree in the vicinity of the battle he barely survived. Seeing the other scouts he briefly prayed to whatever god was listening they made it to a better afterlife.

"Never would be too soon." She sneered before adding in Elvish, abandoning her courtesy of speaking his language. "Ungrateful human."

She turned and left him to his strange tree searching and darted back into the forest, her braid whipping behind her, determined to leave the sour taste of that interaction behind her. That clinking sound worried her. If it wasn't that human's company, then what was it? It was probably stupid of her to attempt to track it down by herself, but she needed to make sure it was a threat before sounding the alarm.

As soon as she was a safe distance from the human she pulled out a palm-sized, light blue crystal and spoke in her native language.

"Send and receive my message."

As she said the familiar Elvish phrase, the crystal started to glow faintly, indicating to her that it was working.

"Scout Lya'lin for Captain Dirthaven, message as follows: Investigating a strange noise on the South Eastern border at the Aldfaire Outpost, unsure if human or other yet. Will report when known." She said, her lavender eyes scanning her surroundings. "End."

With the final word, the crystal's glow vanished and she quickly tucked it back into it's pouch before starting off again; the clinking sound louder.

Marcus found the trail mark after a little while longer. He figured it would take a day to get back if he followed the markings in his condition. Marcus found the second trail marking when he heard that clinking sound again this time it was a little louder than before.

"Breath Marcus, just follow the signs out of this damn forest and report back to the company commander. Hopefully the sadistic bastard won't have me whipped for returning without the location of an elven city. But little I can do about that either way." Marcus whispered to himself as he continued his slow journey having only made it fifteen feet away from where he started.

The sound turned out to be a human gathering. She was relieved that it wasn't a horde of Orcs, but still the humans posed a threat if they were breaching the Elven borders. From her perch in the trees, she was able to watch them for a time before deciding to report back to her superiors. Her nose scrunched in disgust as she quietly descended. How dare they march into their forests! She knew this could only be bad, the humans never seemed to have any regard for them. All they wanted was to use them. Dropping down from the tree she had been perched in, she squatted low to avoid being seen. A few scouts had pushed past her spot, never seeing her, so now she had to slip past them. Her hand brushed briefly over the long scar that extended from behind her ear, all the way to the hollow of her throat. The way she saw it, they were no better than the band that had given her the scar. It was true, the Elven had knowledge of quick healing, but she chose to bare the scar in reminder to not trust humans. Turning to leave, she found her face only a few inches from the tip of a broadsword. Her lavender eyes flicked up to the scout that had her at the end of his blade.

"You better remove your sword from my face, human." She snarled at him, then when he didn't listen, she sprang forwards.

She latched onto the male, scrabbling to rip her dagger free from it's sheath on her thigh. However, he was much to quick for her and had her pressed to the ground in seconds, his own dagger hovering just above her scar, by her ear where the scar started. She breathed heavily, angry that she had been bested by a human. However, he didn't move to kill.

"Stop moving, I'm not here to kill you." He said, his voice gravelly.

She relaxed, for just a hair of a moment, letting him believe she had submitted to his control, then she lunched back at him, having worked her dagger free from her leg. She could see in his eyes the moment that he realized she would rather kill him than figure out why he was here. Growling, he easily flipped her off of him and pressed her back to the ground, this time on her stomach.

"Get off you filthy shem!" She hissed, struggling to break free as he pulled her arms behind her back.

"Not quite..." He said, his voice focused on another task. "There."

She felt the familiar bite of rope against her wrists and then his weight leaned off of him. He sat back, panting heavily.

"Damn, You elves are fast." He said with a breathy frown.

Her lavender eyes narrowed at him as she watched him, listening. She knew he had her at an advantage. With no way to get herself up quickly, he would be able to easily take her down again. So for now, she stayed still.

"Still, I can't let you go running off, to warn your friends and attack the rest of our men."

She remained quiet, that would have been exactly what she was planning to do. She sat there, reading his face. Hatred and distrust were written in the lines of his face. Humans were so easy to read. Aside from their brash personalities, they were very expressive. Suddenly she was airborne and standing on her feet. The male gave a grunt of surprise.

"Wow I didn't expect you to be so light." He said, then piped up again, "Walk."

A few minutes later they neared the camp that the humans had made as dusk was beginning to set in the woods. She'd already tried escaping a handful of times, leaving both of them bruised and battered. He had a split lip, a darkening right eye, and a slight limp. She had only a scrape on her cheek. His were caused from her attacking him, whereas hers was more for being tripped when she ran. When they finally reached the camp, she felt herself become more afraid, but she didn't let them see that. Instead she strode into the camp with her head help high and a murderous glare in her lavender eyes.

Quite a few of the soldiers stopped what they were doing and stared at the blonde haired elf passing through their camps. More than anything, a majority of them despised her while the remaining few found her kind graceful. She met the eyes of those who stared, until they looked away. The man behind her held tightly to her wrist restraints to keep her from running off. He knew a great many of the people here would prefer to see her dead. Still, they pushed through the throng of tents until they reached the middle, where the Commander's tent would lay. No doubt that word would have already spread since they entered camp. He just hoped that he would be given a reward for the capture of an elf who could give them the location that the Commander had been wanting.

Marcus ran into a base camp on the way out of the forest. He was surprised to find human sentries bearing the familiar eagle crest in a field of blue and green. The sentries spotted him. "Halt state your name and business here!"

"Lance Corporal Marcus Vindex, scout under Corporal Lurrey's command. I have a report to give to the Commander." Marcus stated

The sentries looked at one another for a moment before letting him in "Fine you may enter. Be warned the Commander is currently busy with a elf prisoner."

Marcus proceeded to the Commander's tent the more experienced guards recognized him and the implication of Lurrey's absence. One entered the tent with a salute "Sorry for the interruption Commander but Lance Corporal Vindex wants to speak to you, he says he has a report about the scouting mission."

The Commander was a burly, war hardened man. A large scar raked across his broad face and his greasy black hair was pulled back into a ponytail at the nape of his neck. He wore beautiful armor that looked like the dirt and blood was scrubbed from it every day to keep it in such pristine shape. Danica gave him a dirty glare as she was shoved to her knees in front of him. When they entered the large tent, the Commander had his back to them and was scouring over a map laid out on a table in front of him. Momentarily a flash of anger crossed his face as he glared at the intruders, but the anger morphed into an unsettling grin as he laid eyes on the elf in front of him.

"What have we here." The Commander mused, knowing very well the blessing that fell into his lap.

"Found her a few minutes outside of camp, watching us sir." The man who had captured her replied. "Thought you might like to have words with it."

"Leave us." The Commander ordered.

The man knew better than ask for a reward, and angrily left the tent and clipped Marcus' shoulder as he stormed past, muttering angrily about an elf bitch and no reward. Meanwhile, the Commander started pacing around the elf and let her sit in fear until another interruption entered the tent.

"Send him in. I'm going to be too busy to accept in a moment." He said with an unhappy sigh.

Danica knew from the look in his eyes that she wasn't going to like what his suggestion of busy meant. However, she'd been trained to expect torture for the whereabouts of Arborlon, and knew that she would die before giving up the location. She closed her eyes and started a silent prayer for herself.

Marcus saluted, "Thank you sir. Anyway, the scouting mission was unsuccessful sir we were ambushed by Orcs. Even though all the Orcs were killed I was the only survivor, everyone including Corporal Lurrey was killed. Even I barely made it. The ambush was ten or twenty minutes away. It is safe to assume Orcs are upping their own patrols

After hearing the familiar voice that she'd helped in the forest, Danica couldn't believed she helped such a terrible person live. She damned herself for even feeling pity for the human. Opening her lavender eyes, she glared at the larger man while they spoke.

"Take the new recruits and pick your lot of them. We're going to need another Corporal on the field after I get the location of Arborlon from this thing. Your promotion is effective immediately. You are dismissed." The Commander said turning away from him and walking back to his desk and swept the map off of it and into his own hands.

Marcus saluted. "Yes sir!" Marcus exited out of the tent feeling bittersweet about his promotion but carried out his orders anyway finding five of the best recruits he could for scouting the pick wasn't that great.

Done with the first of his duties his mind went to the elf woman and he cursed himself for his luck. He was hoping not have to worry about the debt he owed for her saving him. As much as he hated elves for their involvement in his families death he owed the woman and he knew what could happen if she was kept with the other POW's and it was not ideal. Even if she wasn't most here hated elves worse then even he did it was a matter of time till something bad happened.

As soon as Marcus left the tent, the Commander turned back towards the elf and two guards stationed at the tent entrance.

"Search and strip her of her armor, then take her to the interrogation tent." He barked, extending the map to one of the men. "I'll see to the prisoner then."

They nodded and she was roughly jerked up and shoved forwards out of the tent. She fought them hard to no avail as they fiercely overpowered her and dragged her across the way to the location requested. They emptied her pockets roughly and dumped out her valuables and stripped her from her armor. She snarled insults and attempted to bite one of them at one point, earning her a sharp slap to the face that left her ear ringing and a metallic taste in her mouth. Eventually they were done and she was left bound with her arms behind her to a chair inside of the tent, alone. They had stationed themselves in front of the tent and she took this moment to take in her surroundings. She still had on her dark green smock that came halfway down her thighs. They had taken her armor, weapons, and anything else she might've had on her. Had they not made sure her legs were bound to the chair as well, she believed that she could have escaped. She could imagine that they've possibly done this before just as her lavender eyes fell on a dark stain on the dirt floor.

She didn't know how long she sat tied there, but her feet were asleep by the time the Commander barged through the opening with another man. Instant fear raced through her from looking at the man. He was expressionless and carried a small bundle in his arms.

"Find me when you get answers." The Commander said, then added before leaving the tent. "Use any method necessary."

Danica swallowed hard and lifted her chin, determined not to let them see how terrified she was of this man. He didn't speak to her, and instead made his way behind her and set something down with a thump. The sound of scraping metal caused her ear to twitch behind her. And suddenly she felt a sharp prick on the side of her neck, where her scar was.

"Why don't you save me the trouble of giving you another one of these, and give me the location of Arborlon." He crooned, enjoying this.

"Maker damn you." She cursed in Elvish.

"Good." He commented, not understanding the Elvish, but didn't seem to care. "I like it better this way."

Instantly a searing pain bloomed on her neck as the human lanced open her scar. She reflexively gasped from the pain before gritting her teeth closed, determined not to give this human the pleasure of hearing her cry out. A low chuckle sounded by her ear, and he retreated back behind her again. She closed her eyes and prayed that she would not have to endure long. For the next two hours, the sadistic human cut into her leaving her bloody and sweating from the pain, but not once did she cry out. It wasn't until the Commander returned from not hearing any news of the location.

"What in the Nine Hells is taking so long?" He barked, eyes raking over the elf before settling on the man.

"She's very reluctant to speak, sir." The man replied.

The Commander gave him an irritated glare before grabbing the back of her chair and dragging her backwards, outside of the tent.

"If you want something done right, you do it yourself." He grumbled, stopping at a large barrel of water.

He turned her chair so she was facing it and lowered his face to hers.

"Where's Arborlon?" He demanded.

"Fuck you." She said, spitting in his face.

With ease, he cut her arm restraints from the back of the chair, still leaving her wrists bound, and leaned the chair forwards so her top half was leaned over the water. Should she lean down to rest her abdominal muscles, her face would be submerged in water.

"Leave her until she talks." He said, walking away.

Already in her weakened state, she figured drowning was the second worst way to go. Fire being the first. Still, she braced herself and attempted to keep her body above the water. Within a few minutes, she was trembling from the effort and was unable to keep her body upright. She quickly caught her breath and sank forwards, letting the water surround her face. The cool water felt nice on her hot face, but she could only hold her breath so long until she forced herself up with a gasp for air.

Marcus once more heard the screams from the elf and cursed knowing the commander he was having her interrogated violently and it was two hours since the first set. He looked towards his recruits. "I want to see an officer's coin purse from each of you by sun up tomorrow and I want to know what that person looked like, full descriptions. You fail your back on infantry after your lashes if you aren't killed first. success means you keep the coin and you are part of the team."

The recruits looked at Marcus confused and astonished. Marcus sighed "Now get your asses moving!" This did the trick and the recruits moved to complete their tasks.

With the recruits busy, Marcus moved to the interrogation tent he passed the guards who did not question his presence and before him was the stubby fat bastard of an interrogator before the man could speak Marcus stabbed the man in the neck with his dagger muffling the mans mouth. Blood covering his new enchanted plate armor that he got for his rank. He then worked on freeing the elf woman first setting her chair so she would not have to hold herself up to keep from drowning. Then he untied her arms.

"Well it seems I will have to repay my debt to you after all, since you got your ass captured." Marcus grunted. "Oh well I hated the fucker anyway." Marcus said as if he was not about to get hunted down for treason something the Commander took very seriously.

Upon hearing the tent open again, she felt a bit of relief thinking that it might be the human Commander coming back. If anything her relief was in the fact that they were trying to get her to talk, and having her face down in a barrel wasn't ideal for speaking. A small comfort in knowing that she wouldn't have to keep attempting to lean herself up anymore. At this point she was extremely weak and unsure how much more of this cruel torture she could take. She prayed to the Maker for help. Apparently her God had a sadistic sense of humor, because when she found herself pulled back from the barrel she found herself look up, not at the Commander, but the human she'd saved in the woods. Maybe good deeds are not missed by the maker after all.

Upon having her arms untied, she bit back a whimper at the ache that had settled into them from the unnatural position they had been in for so long. She gently rubbed the red rings around her wrists where the rope had bitten into her pale skin. She attempted to help untie herself, but found her hands shaking too much to even untie one knot around her ankle; the only restraints left keeping her held down to this infernal chair.

"Why?" She asked, her voice hoarse as she looked at him, wanting to know why he was going against his own kind to help her.

Marcus untied her ankles and upon hearing her question replied. "No matter how much I hate you Elves, I owe you a life debt those are something that I always repay." His voice was flat as he spoke. Marcus got a clean cup and dipped it into the water before putting it up to her mouth. "Drink because after this you will have to play dead so I can carry you out. I have a pouch with medical supplies and I was sure to stop by to grab your things."

"That sounds like a stupid idea." She commented, taking the cup from him and took what she could of the water.

Which wasn't very much, as she'd been submerged for the better part of an hour, and the thought of water made her stomach churn. However, the rational part of her brain knew she needed it to survive so she drank what she could. Danica moved to stand, only to have to catch herself on the barrel of water as her legs and abdominal muscle spasms in protest of being used. Dipping her hand into the water, she tried to draw on her healing magic to help her, but she was in too weak of a state to access it properly.

"Just leave my things. It will be less noticeable if you are not carrying them around." She said, leaning against the barrel again for support. "It will be quicker to get away without being burdened by them. Just get me outside of the scouting area and I can go from there."

She was placing a great amount of trust in this human, but she didn't feel as if she had another choice.

"Fine, besides a dagger your things are in my tent for now anyway. Well here we go this will probably hurt but I need yo carry you over my shoulder to sell the idea that the executioner fucked up and killed you." Marcus hoisted the Elf woman over his shoulder and walked out of the tent giving the surprised guards a gold coin each. "Get rid of the body, bastard fucked up his job and payed for it. anyone asks you know what to say." The guards nodded and worked on removing the body.

Marcus then made his way out of the camp letting his armor show his authority So far his actions were not questioned. It was not the first time a dead prisoner was carried out of the camp to be disposed of and it wouldn't be the last. "Thank the gods this group is made up of some of the worst elements in the entire army." Marcus muttered though it would be easily loud enough for the Elf woman to hear.

A small grunt of pain escaped her as he hoisted her up and over his broad shoulders. While she wasn't particularly heavy, as Elven bones were a lot more porous than humans which made them much lighter, her weight still sat awkwardly on him and she did her best to relax and follow his order of playing dead. She closed her eyes at let her body go limp as he walked out of the tent and paid off the guards. She heard what he had to say about the humans he was allied with, so it puzzled her why he would even want to work with such a cruel company to begin with. Still, she remained quiet until the human decided that they were at a safe enough distance before daring to move or open her eyes.

Last edited:
Marcus walked until they were long out of sight of the camp and it's patrols before gently taking her in his arms and resting her against a tree near a moving stream. "There you should be safe from patrols out here I will get your things once it is dark and return them to you. After that my debt is paid and I will have to run away. The Commander will put things together eventually, and by then I hope to be far from here." Marcus handed the Elf her dagger. "Here's your dagger it was the easiest thing of yours to hide."

Marcus looked at the sun seeing it was going to set soon and decided to get the medical part over with before it got too dark. So the human threw the bag on the ground and fished out bandages and started addressing the Elve's wounds. The wounds were numerous and were placed everywhere and with the dried blood on her clothes sticking to the wounds he had to cut and remove most of her clothes just so the wounds would not get infected.

With all cloth removed from over the wounds he got out some strong alcohol and a cloth and started cleaning the worst of her injuries. After that he used a herbal ointment made by alchemists to lower infection then wrapped her injuries with the bandages.

"There done, that was probably painful as hell but now you won't die from infection on me. Well I better get your things, so please don't get captured again I won't save you a second time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back