• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Worldbuilding, Monster Hunter, and Fantasy partner

MolecularMachine

Fears and respects angle grinders
About Me

Timezone: Central US/Canada

Style: At least one paragraph per post, usually more, with some flexibility during quick dialogue; as long as possible without describing irrelevant things. I believe in making RPs better by befriending my partner, so OOC chat is encouraged.

Availability: Unemployed/out of school. I can be on just about all day. I’ll let you know before I become busy or need to sleep.

Method: Google Docs, email, and PMs. I don't quite have my 10 posts yet, so reply below to plot for now.

Requirements for partners: Please try to write at least one paragraph per post, preferably more. I understand that there isn't always a lot to write during dialogue, but body language and internal monologues can add depth to the character and more hooks to reply to. If you really can't fill a paragraph, chat with me and we can figure out how to spice up the scene.

About RPs

I don’t typically do fandom RPs, but I’d be interested in a Monster Hunter RP. I’ve also been itching to try out Tom, this goof:

tumblr_inline_nycp89h05D1qlndmt_500.gif

He’s a water construct with full mental capacity but a severely limited ability to speak. He is outwardly timid and gentle, but he grows increasingly frustrated and bitter at his difficulty communicating with others. I have a backstory for him, but if you have a setting you want to try, I’d be happy to adjust it to fit the setting.

Preferred elements:

• Light-hearted fantasy with room for darker themes
  • Imaginative races or monster characters
  • In-depth worldbuilding
  • Realism with a magical underground
  • Explaining things and exploring consequences-- minimal hand-waving
  • Sci-fi-- exploring alien planets/navigating alien culture

Elements to avoid:

• IRL people
  • Modern setting with no fantasy elements
  • Most fandoms
  • Anthros without a distinct culture (warrior race that happens to be were-badgers is a-okay. Were-badgers that are merely participants in human culture is less okay. Were-badger warriors that were assimilated into human culture but still long to return to their roots is a neat plot element.)

Plot bunnies

• Magical Grown-Ass Women: Sometimes magical girls don’t lose or give up their powers at the end of their big adventure. Now they run with toast in their mouths to work instead of school. A reunion between old partners could lead either to romance or disastrous conflict.
  • Interdimensional mall: The food court suddenly becomes a lot more interesting when everyone there is from a different world. Just hope that no one orders the Shroomsnail with extra shroom.
  • Shadow Sprites: Creatures that grow, shrink, and fade with the rising and setting of the sun.

Pairings kinda?

I would rather have a plot with no romance than a plot with unsatisfying or forced romance. I'd prefer to develop a plot first and then weave romance into it, though I will make characters that would feasibly fall in love with my partner's. I'm open to pairings with any gender/sex combo.

Pairings I find interesting:

• Participant in magical underground x normal person (may or may not actually be human)
  • Monsterperson x non-monsterperson
  • Captured monsterperson x researcher/captor (Tom could fit into this)

Writing Sample

The hospital’s staggered stone domes rise a story or two above the wooden stores and houses squeezed in around it, like an elephant trying to blend in with a herd of buffalo. Its pilasters and reliefs complicate the visual busyness that the more modern painted cornices already crowd. The street below is somewhat calmer, having broken away from Market a few blocks down.

Its front door— a replica of the first one— is plastered with layers of spells. The nurses don’t let anyone linger long enough in the doorway to read them.

Wooden and cloth dividers chop the cavernous front hall into waiting rooms and examination offices. Some sorcerers’ spell echoes from one of the operation theaters in another wing. Chemlamps and oil lights make up for the sparse and skinny windows, but their light doesn’t quite reach the old reliefs on the ceiling.

Behind the hall sits the courtyard, filled with barely-tamed and rare herbs. If it were spring, the aroma of flowers would linger here, concentrated by the confines of the walls and wafting through the whole building. In the fall, though, the scent is of decaying foliage and the smoke of woodfires.

Most of the wings aren’t open to visitors, but the patients’ rooms to the west, up either the stone stairs or the wooden elevator, are identical and humble. At the far end of a far hallway, however, one of the doorways has been sealed with red brick and spells. Nurses are quick to guide away the curious from this place as well, and even quicker to give terse answers.

I have a couple ideas for plots and I`m working on making a fantasy/sci-fi/battle/post-apocalyptic roleplay, which is still under construction. Interested?

Idea said:
I have a couple ideas for plots and I`m working on making a fantasy/sci-fi/battle/post-apocalyptic roleplay, which is still under construction. Interested?
Sure, shoot me a PM with your ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back