• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic World War Kaiju [Literate, Long-Form RPG]

Selee-01

All according to my Scenario
1680491661706.png
WORLD WAR KAIJU
In the Aftermath of Monsters
“When I was a little girl, I used to watch the skies. Not for planes, or shooting stars. I was looking for her. Raitoga. She would swoop low over the Japanese mainland, every few months, to check on her ancient shrine on Mt. Fuji. It was a big tourist thing, to watch her fly from her little island in the south of the Tasman Sea to Japan. She flew over Australia and the Philippines, appeared above Thailand, took a sharp turn and passed over Japan, then made a beeline for home. Regular, y’know? Clockwork. Raitoga was beautiful, unlike most of the monsters. She was like a bumblebee, soft and rounded, but with obsidian talons and wings that shone with light. Her eyes were the deepest purple in the world."

“I know she’s dead now, but sometimes I still watch the skies. Just in case..."

It is the year 2057, and the planet still burns.

In the years since 1945, monsters appeared all over the planet. Ranging from 20 to 80 meters tall, weighing from 10,000 to 60,000 tons, these beasts were awoken by nuclear testing, seismic mapping, deep drilling, meteor impacts, or even our ever-growing power grid. Some of them were slain, exploiting strange quirks in biology, or buried in glaciers and mountainsides by traps. But the vast majority remained.

Military weapons were useless against the Kaiju. Our mightiest bombs failed to scratch them. The only thing Kaiju were vulnerable to... was another Kaiju.

For decades, they fought, waged war unceasing. Their stamina seemed limitless, but fortunately, they typically kept their duels to the deep seas, underground, in barren regions. When they rarely hit a city, the effect was devastating beyond mention. They formed packs, built alliances and feuds. We learned to predict them, their territorial movements, which ones were benign and which ones would eat human flesh without a care. A balance was carefully struck, and our technology advanced in leaps and bounds.

We idolized the benign monsters, the heroes of old- Gigantis, Raitoga, Sanshoo and Imori, Tetsu Shisa, Togeryu, and Inoryu. We trusted them, and they learned to trust us.

In 2030, the Golden Monster came. He was dubbed Kinshiwamu, the Golden Death Wyrm. The most dreadful beast ever seen, a demon in golden scales with wings that shattered the light that fell on them, with a dozen eyes black as night and a mouthful of obsidian fangs. A beast that breathed a rainbow of destruction and reshaped the light that it absorbed into searing heat, flesh-melting gamma radiation, cosmic rays that boiled concrete. Our heroes fought him, and our heroes lost. They gathered allies for a second assault, and we threw our most powerful Mecha units and secret superweapons into action, awakening colossal nightmares we swore would remain buried. We prepared for Ragnarok. After forty days, we did it.

We killed Kinshiwamu.

It only cost us 3.7 billion lives, half the planet’s surface, and over 70 percent of the global Kaiju population.

It only cost us all law and order, poisoned our waters, shattered our continents, and rendered the atmosphere a chaotic ruin of thunder, drought, blizzards and fire.

It only cost us our beloved allies and friends, our heroic Kaiju.

It is the year 2057, and the planet still burns.

But new hope has arisen.

In a shattered world where monsters roam freely, where our ruined Mecha house shantytowns instead of hearts made of sunfire...

A rare, rare few have stumbled across something incredible.

1680493922138.png
Gemstones, called Shintai, which allow the attuned wielder to control a Kaiju.

With this power, one can do almost anything. Rule or serve, destroy or create...

And it will be needed, for Kinshiwamu is not dead. Merely sleeping.

And he will wake up.

I just hit the halfway point in watching all the Godzilla films in order.

First of all, are you spying on me?

Secondly, I would love to join!

Ugh I love Kaiju RPs I can't help it! If this goes anywhere, I would love to come along :D

Character Sheet
I’ll be writing up the rules before long, but here’s the character sheet.

Human Character
Name:
Appearance:
Goals:
Backstory: (this can be left a little vague, I’ll be making the nations present in the setting so you can work with that)

Kaiju Character

Name: What they are called.

Height: Height ranges from 20 meters to 80 meters. If you have a snake monster, or a quadruped who isn’t very tall, you can use length instead. A length based monster should be 100 to 200 meters long.

Weight: Weight should be in the range of 10,000 for short monsters, to 80,000 at a high end. Generally, your monster will fall in the region of 30,000 to 50,000 tons

Description: Appearance.

Kaiju Archetype: An archetype is one of the following categories.

Tank(slow and tough with high firepower)

Juggernaut(tough and fast but with less firepower)

Balanced(jack of all trades, master of none)

Skirmisher(fast, okay power, not very tough)

Harasser(good supporting or weakening, not all that capable on their own)

Blitzer(very good at lots of things, but can't keep it up very long)

Personality: How they act, their overall independence level.

Abilities: Specific powers, like beams, flight, acid, or similar.

Strengths: what simple things they are good at, strength, speed, durability, et. cetera.

Weaknesses: The opposite of strength, something they aren’t good at. Generally, you’ll want half as many weaknesses as strengths, with at least one weakness being mandatory. This can also include specific vulnerabilities, such as to water, fire, a particular chemical, et. cetera.

I’ll be writing up the rules before long, but here’s the character sheet.

Human Character
Name:
Appearance:
Goals:
Backstory: (this can be left a little vague, I’ll be making the nations present in the setting so you can work with that)

Kaiju Character

Name: What they are called.

Height: Height ranges from 20 meters to 80 meters. If you have a snake monster, or a quadruped who isn’t very tall, you can use length instead. A length based monster should be 100 to 200 meters long.

Weight: Weight should be in the range of 10,000 for short monsters, to 80,000 at a high end. Generally, your monster will fall in the region of 30,000 to 50,000 tons

Description: Appearance.

Kaiju Archetype: An archetype is one of the following categories.

Tank(slow and tough with high firepower)

Juggernaut(tough and fast but with less firepower)

Balanced(jack of all trades, master of none)

Skirmisher(fast, okay power, not very tough)

Harasser(good supporting or weakening, not all that capable on their own)

Blitzer(very good at lots of things, but can't keep it up very long)

Personality: How they act, their overall independence level.

Abilities: Specific powers, like beams, flight, acid, or similar.

Strengths: what simple things they are good at, strength, speed, durability, et. cetera.

Weaknesses: The opposite of strength, something they aren’t good at. Generally, you’ll want half as many weaknesses as strengths, with at least one weakness being mandatory. This can also include specific vulnerabilities, such as to water, fire, a particular chemical, et. cetera.
Do we post character applications here, or will there be a separate thread for that? Also, should I direct my questions here, or thru somewhere else such as discord? Nevertheless, I am interested and have a character concept ready.

Do we post character applications here, or will there be a separate thread for that? Also, should I direct my questions here, or thru somewhere else such as discord? Nevertheless, I am interested and have a character concept ready.
You can post them here, there’ll be a character thread later on. And feel free to ask questions here!

I was just thinking about Kaijus earlier. If I find time, and you are still accepting characters, I'd like to submit one if that's cool :D!

Last edited:
History shows again and again how nature points out the follies of man!
I present my character Carlos and his Kaiju companion, Cipactli! Hope you'll like them!
Kaiju Handler:
  • Name: Carlos De Satana Robles
  • Personality: Somewhat of a prankster; enjoys causing mischief and chaos wherever he goes. He is also headstrong and battle-hungry; always rushing into fights without any regard to his own safety or why the fight started to begin with. What can he say other than the fact that he loves a good fight. When not picking fights with street gangs or stealing people’s money for fun, he tends to wander the broken world in search of excitement in his life with Cipactli, as a result his adventurous spirit knows no bounds and is always ready for each new day. Is very enthusiastic, often searches for people that can provide him with excitement and entertainment for as long as he can enjoy it. While he doesn't say it often, he deeply cares for Cipactli and will do anything for his friend.

• Appearance: Carlos is a 19-year-old Latino standing at a height of 5’7 and weighing at around 115 lbs. He has black hair with the middle of it being dyed a somewhat dark blonde. Often wearing a red fedora with aviator goggles on it and a black and white trench coat along with black pants and red boots. Has multiple scars on his arms, legs, and body with a particularly large scar over his left eye. His fists are constantly covered in bandages. Often carries 2 modified 1860 Colt Revolvers and daggers on his person at all times.

• Goals: not much comes to his mind; he tends to sell his services to anybody that can keep him entertained and his enthusiasm running, His services being that of hired muscle for criminal or corporate organizations in Mexico, until he is no longer interested and grows bored that is. He is always on the lookout for anything that can provide him with fun. His only goal is to live his life with constant excitement, danger, and adventure with Cipactli at his side.
  • Backstory: ?

Kaiju:
  • Name: Cipactli also known “The Insatiable Crocodile” - named after deity of the same name from Aztec mythology - means Crocodile or Caiman in Nahuatl

• Height: Stands at 70 meters tall when standing and measures at a length of 140 meters long when walking on all fours. Only stands when fighting a Kaiju that is much taller than he is.
  • Weight: Weighs in at 60,000 tons

• Appearance: Takes the appearance of a massive crocodile/alligator snapping turtle hybrid. His body is covered in a tough shell with curved spikes that line the sides and middle of his back. His underbelly, while not completely covered by his shell, is lined with durable scales. Has flexible razor-sharp claws that line the end of his webbed hands and feet. His jaws are filled with curved conical teeth that excel at ripping and tearing while the ends of his upper and lower jaw have the iconic hooked beak of the snapping turtle which allows him to have a vice-like grip on whatever is unfortunate enough to end up in his jaws. His body is covered in various scars from many battles with other kaiju.

• Kaiju Archetype: Juggernaut

• Personality: much like his human companion, Cipactli is battle-hungry and head-strong, always in the mood for a fight. While he fights Kaiju that he deems a powerful & worthy challenge, he does not fight Kaiju that are weaker than him as he considers this a cowardly act. Considered a very dangerous Kaiju, provoking Cipactli is a death sentence for any who take that chance; what makes him so dangerous is his human-like intelligence as he is able to learn his opponent's movement but is also able to adapt to any situation and his brute strength, which allows him to battle without end and overpower his exhausted opponents. Because of this he has gone undefeated in all fights he has ever been in. When not looking to pick a fight with anything that crosses his path, he is rather attentive and tends to keep watch over Carlos in any way that he can. Having traveled with Carlos for as long as he can remember, Cipactli cares very deeply for his friend and will do whatever is necessary to protect him. But even with that, Cipactli’s love for battle and excitement seems to always be the first thing on his mind. If anything, It is this attitude that has kept these 2 friends going and it doesn't seem like they will be stopping anytime soon…but will it be the end of them, only the future knows.

• Abilities: Able to spit an Acidic Substance from his stomach and can launch spikes from his shell as well as tail that regrow after a short period. His Razor-sharp claws and teeth pack quite a nasty punch and can regrow if broken. Uses tail as a whip and can deliver powerful blows to his opponents.

• Strengths
  • Brute Strength
  • Durable Shell and Skin
  • Human-like Intelligence and ability to Problem-solve
  • Near-Endless Stamina
  • Mastery of Combat on both Land and Sea

• Weaknesses
  • Weakness to Obsidian, which is able to pierce his tough hide and shell.
  • Underbelly is the most vulnerable area on his body; can be pierced if it takes enough damage.
  • Struggles to fight Kaiju that can fly or travel underground; Able to adapt to the situation if given enough time but still struggles to combat them.

Oooo this looks incredible! Might have to drop by and whip something up for you if you're still taking people on, I see many have understandably shown interest in this already haha.

I'm a zoologist by trade so this kinda thing is right up my alley. Can't get enough of designing fictional creatures and the ecosystems they inhabit!

Oooo this looks incredible! Might have to drop by and whip something up for you if you're still taking people on, I see many have understandably shown interest in this already haha.

I'm a zoologist by trade so this kinda thing is right up my alley. Can't get enough of designing fictional creatures and the ecosystems they inhabit!
Welcome to the club! its nice to see a fellow zoologist join the mix!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back