• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

World of Darkness

maddcatz00

Masterfully Mitigating Manic Medieval Malarchy
Have you ever felt the tremor? The shiver down your spine, the bad vibes form a place or a person on the street or that uncomfortable sense of malaise that wards you away from things or events? Well, that’s them. Moving. You see my friend, there is a world running just beneath the mundane façade of what you believe is real. A world of darkness, in which all the nightmares and ancient fears of yore walk the earth. They drink our blood, they murder our people, they manipulate and pollute and distort our world to fit their whims, all from the shadows in the corner of the room. Sometimes, when I pass a person, I can feel the tremor and I cant help but wonder when they'll come for the poor soul. I look at you, my friend, and I wonder when they'll move on you.

I'm looking to start a game that can basically be called an "intro" game. A game in which you build a beginning level character and play through the last few days of their mortal life and the first steps they will take in the World of Darkness. And if the game happens to evolve into something more long term, then all the better.

If you've never played any of the World of Darkness games, this should be a great way to learn the basics. If you aren't interested in the sheets and dice, then this should be a fun little rp that will still get you use to the setting and atmosphere.

If you've played these settings before and feel you're above the intro level, then this is a chance to build a new character to immerse yourself in, dice and mechanics or not.

Games I'm looking to play are Vampire: the Masquerade, Werewolf: the Apocalypse or Demon: the Fallen. So if any of those pique your interest, let me know.

Tempted by Vampire if it's v20. Hate Apocalypse.

Would love to try Demon.

Good luck - I'll prod some other folks around here who like oWoD or would be willing to try it.

I highly appreciate it, good sir Grey. Not a great fan of v20, unless you mean the 20th anniversary print of Masquerade, lol.

Also, I'm ready for a Demon game whenever you guys are. PM me if you want.

That was my first book when I got into the game. I love all the out there bloodlines but I hate how close some of them are to their parent clans.

The beauty of it is that you can chop and change elements to suit you.

That's one of my favorite things about the system as opposed to d20 systems. You can do that with d20 games but its so much more convoluted. With this one you basically just move things around until you like the way it looks, lol.

Oh, and I should mention; Masquerade is definitely up my alley. But I have an awful attachment to Lasombra.....

Alexandra, I love the Lasombra. They're actually one of my favorite clans.

You may have guessed I am Tzimisce 4 lyfe.

Lex & I have years of Masquerade, between us. Mostly her.

I hate the Tzimisce in the sense that I love them as villains. I've always wanted to try playing a Kuldun, but I've never had the chance.

I'd love to get into a V20 game... I've never been in an World of Darkness game that lasted beyond 4 sessions.

Hmm... My first Mage game I didn't know anything and it was before I got into any game in the Storyteller System... plus it was a fricking High Exp char gen... I made a guy with 3 dots in every sphere and 5 in prime. I was a immortal akashic how trained under buddah and was good friends with Saulot.

But I don't have a 'usual', I like playing characters who are different from another.

Vinom, if we got a Vampire story going, what do you think you'd play. Keep in mind, this rp would start near the end of your mortal life, so its a shiny new neonate.

Honestly if we were doing V20, I have been thinking about a Virtual Adept apprentice who gets turned into a a gargoyle...

Ooo, I like that idea. Gargoyles are fun to play. Have you ever played one before?

No... which is kinda why it sounded fun. Figure it be fun to play a character who was on a power train that was leading to Minecrafting real life and now is stealing people's plasma... and not their tvs.

Seriously, imaging having to go through that transformation

cad-20100614-88916.jpg

il_570xN.640325632_g5wx.jpg

For a mage, its a terribly traumatic event. Your avatar shatters and you're essentially left dead in the water, as opposed to what you were capable of before. Magi turned kindred don't typically hold out long against the crippling depression that follows. For a Gargoyle though, your memory is gonna be scattered and fuzzy at best, so it could work out pretty well.

I was kind of hoping to have my former Jedi Master (His idea not mine) is trying to get me free from the influence of all these vampires and try and restore my soul from a previous back up. I haven't seen anything about Gargoyles that make them inherently slow or memory damaged.

Page 401 in the 20th anniversary edition, says they rarely remember their lives before the change. And your former master trying to cure the vampire thing could make for a cool story.

Hmm... Rarely remember their mortal or unlife before the change... Sounds like a great way to be oblivious to some facts of the/my vampiric existence due to bouts of amnesia retrograding to about a week before my embrace.

This is shaping up nicely. I like this. Are you familiar with sheetgen.dalines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back