• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Witch x witch hunter

redraider

AnemoVictorious AnemoVictorious

Cassandra Sinclair got home from her 9 to 5 utterly exhausted. The coffee shop grind (pun completely intended) always wore out the young sorceress. If she never had to make another mocha again, she'd be happy. Her roommate/familiar, a demon named Jikariel she'd forged in the pit from a portion of her own soul, was glad to open the door for her, dinner already on the stove. "Evening, boss. Rough day at work?"

"Yeah. Why couldn't Dad have thrown his lot in with Greed instead of Envy?"

Jikariel shrugged. "Would be nice for you not to have to work, but then you get to deal with the headaches that come with running a giant company. Win some, lose some. You still going to do that summoning after dinner?"

"Yeah, need some carbs in me. Then we can get rolling. I don't like the idea of a murderer on the loose- I could be next."

"Anyone who tries to kill you would be luck if you just turned them into a muskrat."

"True..."

1657285294653.png

(Cassandra)

1657285369602.png

(Jikariel)

SEEKER OF DEMONS
Verina Thorne
"Are you working the night shift again?"

Verina Thorne turned around, a sigh escaping her lips as her brother made his prescience known. She rolled her eyes in response, before turning her head back to her dinner. It wasn't much just a couple pizza bagels and some coffee, but it was enough for her. Besides, if anything, she could snack on the job. She was her own manager in a way, so it didn't really matter as long as she was careful.

"Yep. Don't know why you'd expect anythin' else. People try to get away with things in the dead of night. I prefer the excitement of the night shift rather than the boring daytime watch." She shrugged, watching as Ren flopped onto the couch beside her with a whine. One of these days, her eyes were going tog et stuck in a rolled position because that was her go to response to dealing with Ren.

"Can you at least bring me back something cool?" Ren begged and Verina shook her head, finishing up her last pizza bagel.

"No can do. I've got a feeling somethin' big is gonna go down tonight. Besides, you're an adult. Grow up and go get your own cool thing. Now do me a favor and wash the dishes. I'm heading out." Ren opened his mouth to protest, but she held her hand out as she grabbed her mask and put it on. "Be good, I'll be back before eight."

"Speech"
coded by reveriee.

Dinner was uneventful, but now it was time to get on to the real business. Jikariel set up the candles for the summoning, while Cassandra got around to drawing the mystical symbols on the floor. And then, the ritual began.

Blood offerings were always the best method of getting a demon's attention, so Cassandra slit her palm, watching as a single droplet spontaneously multiplied, entering all sigil and flames of Hellfire. "Leviathan, old one, damned one! Serpent of the beginning and beast of the end! Leviathan, one who is pitiful and unworthy seeks your glorious presence! Leviathan, come forth!"

A voice echoed from everywhere and nowhere, and though there was no physical presence, Cassandra could see it in her mind's eye. A giant snake, stretching on past forever, with the deepest of green eyes, swimming through an icy ocean littered with the drowning souls of the envious. "Hello, daughter mine."

SEEKER OF DEMONS
Verina Thorne
Verina's instinct was right. Something big was about to go down.

Her innate ability to sense disturbances in the world related to magic made her ideal profession one of hunting demons and magic users. This particular disturbance was big. Big enough that she had to rush over to where it was while still keeping herself inconspicuous. That was a struggle in of itself regardless of how fast she had to be.

Eventually she arrived at where the disturbance was forming. She took time to assess the area.

"A demon summoning," she murmured.

Her options were limited, but this was a great disturbance, even some novice hunters without much of an ability to sense disturbances would be able to sense it if they were close enough. Verina closed her eyes, preparing to make her attempt to view into the mind of the summoner and get to the bottom of this.

"Speech"
coded by reveriee.

"What about me?" Jikariel asked with a mock pout. Being a demon herself, albeit one of unusual origins, she had rather reliable access to events in the Pit.

"You too, Jik. I didn't forget." Leviathan turned his attention back to Cassandra. "Cassandra, dear. I'm... not exactly Dad of the year material, but I can tell you didn't call up one of the Seven Lords for a friendly chat. You have something you want to ask of me, don't you?"

"Indeed. There was a man murdered on the block three days ago. Charles Murphy. I know you keep track of sins down there, so I want to know who did it."

The serpent's massive brows furrowed. "Yes, yes. I don't have all the details, but- wait." The giant eyes whipped around. "Someone's here. Another mortal, piggybacking on your summoning. You know, it's rude to show up to someone else's home uninvited," Leviathan said to the intruder.

SEEKER OF DEMONS
Verina Thorne
This was not a simple lowly demon. This was Leviathan, one of the Seven Lords. Much more powerful than what she was used to hunting, slaying, or capturing. Her instructions involving such demons were simple. Do not engage.

With a swear under her breath, Verina realized far too late she had broken the golden rule of her organization. They were a smaller one, her duties were to leave such high-ranking demons be. Instead, she wasn't discreet enough with her connection, she had been detected. At the very least... this wasn't a seeker of the dark arts for power. Rather, this was for a good cause, and Verina was one to do things for the sake of justice, even if it meant not fulfilling her tasks.

"My apologies," she spoke, making sure she was in their line of sight. Her mask obscured the lower half of her face, but her eyes showed an apologetic expression. "I wasn't aware of this being a summoning of such a high ranking demon. Despite this being something that I normally would have to report, I will let it go this once, for the sake of justice. I can get out of your hair now."

She lingered for a bit, lost in thought, however. 'Ren will be glad there's one less killer running around. Mom, Dad, rest easy now. He's in good hands.'

"Speech"
coded by reveriee.

"Ah, I see." Cassandra tapped her head in thought. "A witch hunter... and yet, one who uses the Art herself. Dearie me, little one- do you know what they'd do to you if they found out? Why, they'd give you a place of honor... right next to me on the gallows."

"But where are my manners? I'm Cassandra Sinclair, this is my familiar, Jikariel, and this, as I'm sure you know, is Leviathan. Lord of Envy, ruler of the 6th Circle, famed as the Serpent who tempted Eve in the Garden- or as I prefer to call him, Dad.

You say you will let me walk in the interest of justice. If you are truly interested in such, then how about you help me catch this bastard?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back