• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Wished (OOC Planning Thread)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Ah, hello! I stumbled over the interest check a little while ago and thought it was kinda interesting! I'm still boiling over who to use as a character and what they'd wish for, since part of what they'd wish for are things I'd wish for (like the ability to fly, for example) so color me interested.

hey, welcome!
just wanna let you know that i’m 99% sure wishing to fly isn’t allowed ):

“Wishes cannot imbue your character with magical or supernatural abilities. Sorry!”

I have returned from the depths of slumber! (although I'm going to take a nap after I post this) I love what everyone has come up with so far. As for like the immortality or longer life deal, what if someone wished to look a certain age forever. Like what if I wanted to look 20 forever. I may not have the health of a 20 year old (I could be like 90 with dementia and the like), but I'd still have the appearance of it? Once again, all theoretical, but curiosity got the best of me.

OH! We can't bring people to life, but what about animals. Or what if I wished for a dog, would it appear out of no where or would like a random dog run up to me and be mine? If we're trying to be in the mindset of teens, then someone would obviously wish for an animal as a pet.

Also, hi Ali Ali !

hi!

i’m off to practice for a few hours, i’ll be back at around 12:15 EST— mention me or something if you’ve got something to let me know!

cya guys c:

Hello all,

I’m at work so I really shouldn’t be here right now, but I know it’ll be another few hours before I can really settle in. So, shhhh...

Noivian Noivian Welcome to the planning thread! As Ali mentioned, flight and other awesome superpower-type abilities are sadly invalid. ): Or perhaps we misunderstood and you meant you would have liked to wish for flight but now must think of alternatives?

lisbeth lisbeth Hello! I'm glad reading through our discussion yesterday wasn't too overwhelming! You bring up an excellent idea about magic — what is the cost? I don't think the cost of Wishes will be extreme enough to enable something that Wishes themselves can't even grant (e.g. the disappearance of a person), though I love where you're coming from. I don't have much time to ponder this right now, but I'm going to toss in some cost ideas for now and maybe you'll all have come up with a brilliant solution by the time I log in next. (;
1. Loss of memory
2. Aging (not a cost, per se, but perhaps making Wishes also leaves physical markers on the body)
3. Losing something you could have had if you hadn't made the Wish (I like this concept but it doesn't quite fit the rules thus established)

BrokenRemedy BrokenRemedy Good thought, but Wishing for any living thing is illegal, plants included. Wouldn't want a Pet Cemetery situation on our hands, would we?

I know it seems like the list of things a person can wish for is getting smaller and smaller, but I plan on writing up a handy guide to list the absolutely legal versus illegal wish items. Perhaps it'll help give everyone an idea of how to use Wishes.

See you all later!

P.S. I'm in the Pacific time zone and I work full time Monday through Friday, in case anyone wonders why I'm unresponsive during the day.

Can wishes be used to undo actions? Like, if someone regretted doing something bad (lying, stealing, etc.) could the wish put them back to a time where it didn't happen yet or erase the physical evidence and/or consequences? [Like in the case of stealing, the item appears back where it belongs; with lying, it's made as though the lie was never told and ergo no reaction to the lie.]

And in the case of not being able to bring back the dead... Would it still apply if the one wishing to bring back the life was the one who took the life (intentional or not)?

...These are just curious questions.

Can wishes be used to undo actions? Like, if someone regretted doing something bad (lying, stealing, etc.) could the wish put them back to a time where it didn't happen yet or erase the physical evidence and/or consequences? [Like in the case of stealing, the item appears back where it belongs; with lying, it's made as though the lie was never told and ergo no reaction to the lie.]
I'm so glad you asked this question. YES.

And in the case of not being able to bring back the dead... Would it still apply if the one wishing to bring back the life was the one who took the life (intentional or not)?
It would seem so, but no. Alas, death is final. Wishes can undo many accidents and mistakes, but not death. Good questions!

Announcement

The character sheet is up!
To check it out and share your character, just head to the link at the top of the page!​

woop! quick question so i don't move the announcement too far but is using bbcode okay for the cs? i know some people have differing opinions when it comes to them ((:

woop! quick question so i don't move the announcement too far but is using bbcode okay for the cs? i know some people have differing opinions when it comes to them ((:
Go for it! Just try to steer clear of hard-to-read fonts and neon bright font/background colors.

I lack the ability to properly BBCode, so my character sheet will be pretty bland, appearance wise. I'll try to make up for my lack of aesthetic with more detail!

I lack the ability to properly BBCode, so my character sheet will be pretty bland, appearance wise. I'll try to make up for my lack of aesthetic with more detail!
No worries! The content of your character sheet is the most important thing. Please don't feel pressured to write more to compensate for lack of coding—coding is not required! But of course feel free to write as much as you like. (:

Hey, so I know the deadline for the character sheets is Saturday but my grandfather is in the hospital right now and I have to drive 3 hours to get to him. Once I get there things will be pretty hectic so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to develop a character. I'm so sorry! I'm definitely still interested and down for this roleplay, I just might have to jump in a little late.

Ah! My apologies for not being more involved! RPN doesn't seem to like giving me notifications for things. I've just skimmed through some of the things I've missed and had a question on skills. Is it possible for one to wish themself the best in a certain area or field? Such as, if a character wishes they were adept at all things music related?
I'm sorry if the question I pose has already been asked and answered, but I haven't been receiving any notifications for this thread at all over the past few days.
Also, on topic of fictional characters, what if the character in question has been created by one of our characters? As such it would be the equivalent of bringing an OC to life. Would our character be the one to form their opinions on subjects?

Last edited:
I assumed it meant like how they stand/ body posture

Basically are they slumped or do they stand straight and confident?

Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry, everyone! I haven’t gotten a notification for this thread since Tuesday. I thought you were all silently working on characters or had decided to check out other role plays. Sorry sorry sorry!

Hey, so I know the deadline for the character sheets is Saturday but my grandfather is in the hospital right now and I have to drive 3 hours to get to him. Once I get there things will be pretty hectic so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to develop a character. I'm so sorry! I'm definitely still interested and down for this roleplay, I just might have to jump in a little late.
Family is more important than my arbitrary deadlines. Thank you for letting me know you won’t be able to create a character soon. If the group is ready to go before you’re able to create a character, feel free to put up your character when you can and we’ll go from there. Sending happy thoughts your way.

Ah! My apologies for not being more involved! RPN doesn't seem to like giving me notifications for things. I've just skimmed through some of the things I've missed and had a question on skills. Is it possible for one to wish themself the best in a certain area or field? Such as, if a character wishes they were adept at all things music related?
I'm sorry if the question I pose has already been asked and answered, but I haven't been receiving any notifications for this thread at all over the past few days.
Also, on topic of fictional characters, what if the character in question has been created by one of our characters? As such it would be the equivalent of bringing an OC to life. Would our character be the one to form their opinions on subjects?
We’re in the same boat it seems! No worries, Kodomo. I’ve also been missing out on the comments here. For your questions:
1. Yes, wishing for greater proficiency in any skill is totally fair game. However, the surest way your character’s Wish will be granted to their expectations is if they’re specific. Trying to generalize the Wish in an attempt to gain proficiency in all areas of music may lead to unexpected results (because whatever magic is at play here is fickle). I will determine the right result of vague Wishes by rolling a die — the closer to 20, the greater the chance the Wish obeys your character’s intentions rather than words.

2. Yes, your character would be the creator/author of the fictional character. However, all of the fictional character’s thoughts and ideas would need to be written down prior to the character “coming to life.” And even then, the fictional character would only be able to say words that have been assigned to them. They cannot deviate from the dialogue your character has written and cannot learn new dialogue after they have been wished into existence. They would not be completely autonomous and they wouldn’t even be totally real. Another dice roll would determine how “human” the fictional character would be should anyone make this kind of Wish. And just to keep in mind: fictional characters, like all physical objects, will disappear after 24 hours.

I third on the fact that the deadline might be a little tight...
Thanks for the heads up!

As a general note to everyone who expressed true interest, today’s deadline was an arbitrary date. I’m perfectly happy to extend it so those who are serious about joining have the opportunity to create characters. For now, let’s say:

New character deadline: Saturday, January 12

If everyone who has participated thus far shares their character(s) before that date, we could potentially get things started sooner. So, no stress! This is a stress-free zone!

For the CS, what does it mean by stance?
By stance, I mean posture. JustJazzy JustJazzy has the meaning of it. Sorry, when I wrote the character sheet, “stance” was the first word that came to mind. I’ll edit the sheet to make it more clear. Thanks for asking!

I’ll be sure to check in more frequently regardless of whether I received notifications should any other questions/thoughts arise. Happy character creating!

Hello all,
The character sheet has been slightly updated for clarity. For those who have already submitted characters (thank you!), there is no need to edit based on these changes unless you left sections blank. I will respond to your characters later today.

The Lore page is underway. I’m hoping to get this up sometime this weekend so you’ll have a page to reference the world/magic.

That’s all for now!

I'm working on bits and pieces of my character, slowly but surely. She'll get posted ASAP!

Hello all,
Please check out the first post of this thread. I’ve added a threadmark titled “Important Information” which I hope you’ll all be able to see. Currently, that is where I’ve housed information about the role play and Wishes. I will steadily work on information about the societal/cultural impact of Wishes (which will hopefully help inform role playing decisions). When I post that information, I will likely move all world and game information to a Lore thread.

Announcement!
I had a slight epiphany as I was writing up the world information. We can raise the stakes a bit by choosing characters who are closer in age to twenty-one. Those of you who have already submitted characters, please adjust their ages accordingly. Our characters will therefore live in upperclassmen housing. Character must have used at least one Wish (you do not need to disclose upfront what this Wish was).

Bonus question linden linden can a wish be used to alter your own personality?
I think you’ll find the answer to your question in my updated post at the beginning of this thread. (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back