• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Willowbrook High

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Irene made her way to her desk, trying to avoid a collision with one of the many paper planes. She sighed a relief when she sat down in the chair by the desk, she felt like she had just lived through a war. As she got her stationary out of her bag, she had to roll her eyes, someone thought it was a good idea to draw a dick on her desk.

She drummed her fingers lightly on the desk, waiting for the lesson to start. She saw a boy with long hair, a combination of brown and blonde sitting at the desk next to her. He looked so utterly bored that if he was bored anymore his face would probably fall off. To be fair, he had one of the most unique appearances she'd ever seen. Although, she was grateful she was sitting next to someone who appeared to at least have some sanity left.

Mrs Kale was finally making an attempt to make the class be quiet. After 5 minutes of yelling for the students to be quiet, she began to start the lesson. "Today, you will have a group project assigned, you have to give a presentation to the class on the book we studied last year. Groups of around 3 or 4 will be sufficient and the assignment will be due just before Christmas, so there is plenty of time and no excuses."

Irene's eyes filled with horror as soon as Mrs Kale uttered the word "group". All group projects ended badly! She barely knew anyone anyway. She turned to the kid in the corner. "Do you want to be in the same group?"
DuckPrince DuckPrince Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

Lucas was kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. He didn't know what book they studied last year. He was already a Junior last year. With a sigh or stress and trying to think of something to do without having to read the book they did, he perked at the sound of a voice.

"Do you want to be in the same group?"

He looked up, like he was caught doing something he shouldn't and then pointed at himself with a neatly painted black nail. "Me?" He asked. Even his voice was nice to listen to. "Ah.. if that's okay with you. But I don't really know what book you guys did, I'm repeating. Sometimes they change the books" He trailed, scratching the nape of his neck softly. "I'm Lucas, by the way" He offered a bit of a smile. He knew how uncomfortable it was, a new year, new classes, new faces at the school. It could be uncomfortable. "I can read the book though" He added after a moment. "I don't intend on shoving shit onto others" He shrugged a tiny bit. Although he spoke casually, he was quite uncomfortable and awkward too. He wanted to doodle..

Interactions: Dontforgettograbastick Dontforgettograbastick

Irene smiled slightly. It appeared she had hit the jackpot when it came to group partners. Here was someone who was offering to help with work instead of lazing around and leaving it all to her. Maybe there was a god after all.

"We studied 'A Christmas Carol' by Charles Dickens, have you studied that one?" She asked, definitely more confident now about her group partner. He seemed quiet too, which was good because she wasn't really fond of chatter boxes.

Last edited:
Dakota finally made it to her class after minutes of checking to make sure she didn't accidentally pass the classroom. She walked through the door with her notebooks being held tightly in her right arm and her phone in her left hand, examining the class and noticing there were already a few students that had taken their seats. Some of the faces were recognizable, but she definitely didn't remember everyone's names. She shuffled to her seat toward the back of the room and sat her notebooks down on her desk, hanging her backpack on the back of her chair.

Dakota was pretty much occupied with her phone but she took occasional glances up at the students in the class, just kind of observing their behaviors and such. She noticed one guy taking a real stretch to see what the girl beside him had going on and she couldn't help but chuckle to herself.

"The epitome of nosy," she said just loud enough for the boy to hear, keeping a small smile on her face to let him know she was only teasing him.

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Kol smirked at Dakota's words, "I know right?" He joked back. He snapped his fingers as he expressed a mischievous look of being caught. He leaned forward on his desk as he nodded to her note book, "Anything juicy in that one?" he teased a bit.

He always did like a girl with a sense of humor and Dakota reminded him of a few friends from New York. Hell she even had that city look to her.

"Names Kol." He placed out on the table. He couldn't say that he had recognized her from class... But then again this was really the first time he was paying any attention to those around him. He did however noticed that there were a lot more transfer students to the school this year. Word was already spreading about that, mostly in conversations he just happen to over hear. And by the looks of things he wanted to guess that this girl wasn't a regular to the school. She could have been new just like himself.

prettymaniactati prettymaniactati

Dakota grabbed her notebook and held it up so Kol could see, fanning through a cluster of empty pages.

"Absolutely nothing. But I'll be sure to share next time. I'm almost a hundred percent certain something will pop up eventually." She told him as she sat her notebook back down on her desk. She shifted in her seat a bit so that she was facing him, shooting him a bright smile.

"I'm Dakota, nice to meet ya," She definitely didn't recognize him from last week, but she was glad she was off to a good start with the socializing aspect of high school. Hopefully they'd become good friends as time progressed; he seemed to have a chill, funny vibe to him and that's exactly the type of people she liked to be associated with. "So, are you new here? 'Cause it'd be great to have someone to explore the campus with, to be honest." She asked him curiously, leaning forward slightly and resting her head in her hands.

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

(( Dontforgettograbastick Dontforgettograbastick Lmao someone twerking on the desk.))

Kalista gave a small smile at the girl's words. Whether it was a joke or not, she now knew where Kalista's boundaries lie, and what would happen if she were to cross them. Her smile only grew when she looked inside the door at the classroom and caught sight of the chaos. "Yep," she simply said when Irene pointed it out.

She followed the girl inside, letting the door close behind her, and took a seat next to the girl. As she walked, she noticed the girl she saw earlier in the halls, the brunette with the blonde highlights. She sat calmly and watched as the teacher tried to calm everyone down and start the lesson. A group presentation, huh? From past experience, Kalista figured it would simply be getting up in front of everyone, mentioning the name of the book, and then talking about anything that could potentially be vaguely related to it. She turned to Irene to ask about working together, and noticed the girl talking to her neighbor. Her brows jumped as she realized from said "girl's" voice, that he was in fact a guy. It probably wasn't reciprocated, but she suddenly felt a kinship with this guy.

From overhearing their conversation, it seemed that they actually planned on reading the book and preparing a good presentation. Guess it was up to her to stop them from that, and hopefully get to know this new guy as well.

"Good thing she said groups of 3 or 4," Kalista chimed in. "And feel free to if you want, but we really don't need to read the book. We can just watch the Disney adaptation of it, it's the best one after all. And we can talk about how each Disney character is fitting for the role they're given, or who it's completely wrong for them. She'll give us an A as long as we go up there and talk."

Dontforgettograbastick Dontforgettograbastick DuckPrince DuckPrince

Erin scribbled down notes in her notebook during this brief window of peace between classes. First, she wrote, "Fragments of a place that have forgotten me are always teasing me." Then she erased it, thinking it was too long to be a lyric for this particular song. She tried again with "The fragments of old ways always come back." but it didn't have quite the same energy, so she erased again. Erin briefly saw movement in the corner of her eye and ignored it. If someone wanted to peak, they can go right ahead. She wouldn't be performing anything from her little notebook anytime soon anyways.

Erin took a breath to keep herself from getting frustrated. She wrote some more, attempting to get anything even resembling a first chorus. "Scratching your nails on success before being dragged away," or maybe a lyric like "A perfect match being shuffled," but nothing quite stuck with her. Erin's shoulders melted and she sighed. She turned off her music and Erin suddenly felt back in reality. The boy next to her and the girl behind her were having a conversation and Erin felt really oblivious for not noticing, especially since she didn't even notice the other girl come in. Erin put her notebook in her backpack and pulled out her English materials, attempting to prep herself for class, seeming a little bit less cheery than she was before.

"Or we can explore and make fun of people?" Kol smirked. Yeah she was more his fun level... Well with her sarcasm... Yeah his level. "So where are you from?" Kol asked. She made it very clear that she was new to the school as well. "I'm from Brooklyn." He had to say which borrow he was from. Most likely if he said New York... there was a large chuck of that state that just wasn't the city. And yes... there is a huge difference.

Kol noticed the music girl pull out her ear buds as she joined the rest of the class... But then again she didn't as she didn't even bother to really talk to anyone. It annoyed him when people did that. Just sit there... thinking the world would come to them... But he quickly brushed it out of his mind as Dakota was more like himself. Adventurous, sense of humor. If they ever had a group project... Yup... dibs on this chick.

prettymaniactati prettymaniactati

Lucas tilted his head, trying to remember. "I think I was forced to read it when I was little, I'll skim through it" He said before peering at the girl sitting on the other side of the girl he didn't know what to call yet. She was very British though, a pleasant surprise. He couldn't help the smile that creeped on his face at the expression he noticed on the girl as his gender was probably mistaken again. It was kind of nice. "I never watched it" He admitted. "I wouldn't mind giving it a go" He murmured to himself as he turned towards them, legs crossed much like girls do. It didn't bother him as much as most guys. "So, if we're doing this project together, I should know your names, no?" He asked.

Dontforgettograbastick Dontforgettograbastick Anne Boolean Anne Boolean
(Kinda short, had to hurry)

Last edited:
Irene was confused; very confused. What was Lucas' gender? Male? Female? Both? Other? She decided she was going to avoid trying referring to Lucas with a pronoun. She couldn't help but smile when she saw the girl back at the lockers, she wasn't exactly expecting to see her again but, here she was. This moment only lasted until the girl mentioned watching the movie.

Irene stared hopelessly at the two others in her group. How did they expect to pass if they just watched the Disney movie? They needed to analyse the quotes and delve into the themes! In answer to the kids question, she said: "My name is Irene, and ... if you don't mind me saying.. what are you two even thinking of?! Watching the Disney movie! What a preposterous idea! You have to analyse quotes! You can't get out of that by watching a movie adaptation! Besides, you will miss great lines such as: Marley was as dead as a door nail. Who'd want to miss that? And uh... yes, I suppose I should know your name too." She said, remembering she didn't even yet know her name.
Anne Boolean Anne Boolean DuckPrince DuckPrince

Lucas could instantly tell that Irene was one of those students that studied way too hard, which kind of confirmed his suspicion of what he heard in the hallway. "Don't worry. I'll skim over the book. But adaptions can be really nice, not as big of an investment as a book" He murmured, leaning back slowly, relaxing against the wall behind him.

Lucas really wanted to draw and listen to some music.. "Is the class going to end soon?" He asked with a drawled out sound to his words. He had a hand in his pocket, probably touching his smartphone. "Should we exchange Messengers or numbers? Or are we gonna do this stuff strictly at school?" He asked, knowing some preferred not to meet outside of school, keeping their school and private life as separate as possible.

Dakota chuckled at his suggestion and nodded. "We can do that too." She glanced down at her phone to check the time, but instantly reverted her attention back to Kol. "I'm from Miami. I used to practically live at the beach. It was like the main hangout spot for everyone at my old school, so I'm interested to see where everyone hangs out around here."

Dakota soon noticed Kol's attention was directed back at the girl he was snooping on earlier, but she also realized the girl didn't care to engage in conversation; and Kol didn't seem like he was going to change that. So being the social butterfly that Dakota is, she softly tapped on the girl's shoulder with a sweet smile, hoping she would be open to making a friend or two.

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat

Erin was startled when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked back and noticed that the girl and boy that were having a conversation were looking at her expectantly. Erin perked up, not wanting to make a bad first impression by looking disinterested. She smiled and waved, trying to hide the fact that just a minute ago she was kinda frustrated.

"Oh, hi!" Erin spoke, "I didn't realize that you guys wanted my attention, sorry. Did you need something or did you just wanna strike up a conversation with me?" She smiled politely as she turned to face both of them. Erin hoped she didn't already come off as pretentious or anything. In her hometown, most people wanted others to keep in their own lane, so she did. But here, it seemed like everyone was super casual, and that talking to strangers was encouraged. Guess she still needed to adjust her social habits. And now would be a nice time to start.

prettymaniactati prettymaniactati Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

images (14).jpeg
Vivian"Vivi"Costello
Vivian slept past her alarm clock and when her sister was about to go to work she noticed Vivian's backpack in the kitchen.When she opened the door and shook Vivian awake Vivian was frightened.Vivian blinked away the blurriness as she grabbed her gasses on the side of her nightstand.Vivian placed them on her nose as she sat up.Her sister rolled her eyes and left quietly to it ready for work.This isn't the first time she have woke up this late.Vivian already sat out her clothes for today and she hurried and slipped them on.Vivian was thankful she doesn't take the bus and owns her own car it's old,but useful.Once Vivian's clothes were on she quickly went to the kitchen and grabbed her backpack.Vivian went to her sisters room an knocked no answer.Well...she must not want to be bothered.So Vivian yelled through the door "Bye,I'm leaving."And Vivian grabbed her keys and left.She opened the car door after unlocking it and drove to school.Vivian finally got there and checked in.After she headed to class when finally getting inside the door she gave a warm smile and flopped in a desk setting her backpack on the seat.
(Open)

1550137005641.png
Sebastian awoke to a loud banging on his shed door, followed by a drunken voice shouting through the wall "You're late for school boy! I should kick your ass for that!' He picked up his phone and looked at the time, realizing he was in fact late by almost half an hour now. He hurriedly got his clothes on for school, grabbed his keys and bag, and rushed out his door, avoiding a slow swing from his clearly intoxicated father, who proceeded to stumble over his own feet before saying "I'll get you later you little shit." Sebastian jumped into his car (literally jumped, he has a convertible that he typically leaves the top down on) and backed out of his driveway before heading to the school. After parking, he disregarded checking in at the office and went straight to his first class, hoping the teacher would go easy on him considering how early into the school year it was. Sebastian quietly and quickly found an open seat and sat down, putting his bag on the ground and setting his phone on his desk.
(Open)

((Sorry, depression got me good this week.))

Kalista had to hold herself back from rolling her eyes and letting out a loud groan at Irene's statement. Hadn't she paid any attention Kalista's description of Mrs. Kale? Or even taken in the atmosphere of the classroom they were in? There had been a bitch twerking on a desk for Pete's sake!

"As someone who has had Mrs. Kale before, I can assure you we need to do absolutely none of that," the girl responded. "We literally need to get in front of the class, spout whatever bullshit comes to our mind that seems semi-related to the book, and we'll have ourselves As. I admire that you're so invested in the book, and that you're so dedicated to school, I really do, but my junior year English class isn't exactly my life's passion. If you're in my math or comp sci class, then I'll definitely be willing to go above and beyond with you, but for this class, I'd like to just put in my minimal effort, get my easy A, and move on. Feel free to read the book yourself, and even summarize it to me if you want, telling me all the quotes you find so wonderful, but I'm sticking with the Disney movie. If that really bothers you, we don't need to work together, but I'm just gonna tell you now, you'll be putting in a lot of wasted effort into your presentation."

She paused a moment and then looked from one of her classmates to the other. "... And my name's Kalista," she finally said. "If we're still in this together, then yeah, I'm down to trade numbers." Unlike Lucas she just went ahead and pulled out her phone, blatantly in front of Mrs. Kale. The teacher even made eye contact with her, but only gave her a smile before going back to looking at what was in front of her on her desk.

DuckPrince DuckPrince Dontforgettograbastick Dontforgettograbastick

Irene sighed, was Mrs Kale really going to give her an A on discussing the movie? She must be a bad teacher. "I guess it's fair to stick to your plans. After all, I can do some actual work in my spare time." Although, Irene had more respect for Kalista than she had before. It seemed she actually did care about some of her subjects, and that was good enough for Irene. Irene turned to Lucas. "Good idea, exchanging numbers will be a sufficient way of keeping in touch." Irene carefully wrote down her number on two small scraps of paper, making sure the numbers could be seen. "Do any of you guys.. have the DVD so I can borrow it? I haven't exactly seen the movie adaptation."

Irene smiled. "Also, Kalista is a nice name, it's unique." She paused, contemplating. "Are you.. foreign?" Irene asked, hesitating slightly, hoping Kalista wouldn't get offended.
Anne Boolean Anne Boolean DuckPrince DuckPrince

Last edited:
Lucas found the interactions entertaining to some degree but he did agree that it was pointless wasting effort and brain cells if it wasn't a serious class. "You don't need a DVD, just go on the internet and watch it. For free" He explained. "I have no kind of CDs in my apartment so. I don't even use Netflix, it's a waste of money" He waved it off before he leaned forward lightly, taking the paper from her and punching it into his phone, sending her a quick message of an emoji before he offered his phone to Kalista, since it seemed fine. "Feel free to add yourself" He murmured calmly. He had nothing to really hide so he wasn't that obsessive about his phone not being touched.

Interactions: Dontforgettograbastick Dontforgettograbastick Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

The girl smiled when Irene agreed. "Great. Don't worry, we're doing this High School Musical style, you know, all in this together, so I promise you won't end up with anything lower than an A. That's the only thing I'd find acceptable for myself, after all."

She let out a chuckle at the girl's comment on her name. "Thanks," she responded with a smile, "and no, not really. My parents were born in Greece though, so I guess they weren't completely Americanized when I was born."

She took Lucas's phone and entered her information before saying, "ditto," in regards to his suggestion to Irene. "Although I can help you find it online if need be." She looked to the guy as she held out his phone for him. "We still haven't gotten your name." She didn't know his gender identity either. Maybe this would reveal it though.

DuckPrince DuckPrince Dontforgettograbastick Dontforgettograbastick

Irene smiled. Kalista's explanation made sense, if her parents were from Greece she would probably have a foreign name. For some reason, Irene decided she trusted this girl to help her get an A. Something about her made her seem like the honest type. Suddenly Irene's eyes lit up. She had.. managed to have a full on conversation with someone for 3 minutes! She had to write that in a diary! It was such a momentous occasion!

Irene pointed to Lucas. "That's Lucas, Lucas told me earlier." She carefully said that sentence, trying to avoid using a pronoun. She suddenly gave in. She turned to Lucas. "I'm really, really sorry if this offends you but what is your gender? I've been struggling to find a pronoun this entire time!" Irene finally confessed.

Lucas listened to them before he got his phone back and smiled a little. He ended up chuckling softly at the confession. It was kind of adorable. "Well.. you could call me Corrine too if you wanted to" He shrugged softly. "I'm physically a guy, but I'm genderfluid. He, She, Them, anything is fine unless I feel like a specific one at any point" He tried to explain it simply. "So don't worry too much about it."

He was happy someone at least asked him about it before completely assuming. He got called a lot of inaccurate slurs over the years for stuff like that. It was kind of bothersome to some extent.

Interactions: Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Dontforgettograbastick Dontforgettograbastick

Irene sighed a massive sigh of relief, so much so her shoulders visibly heaved. "Okay! Now I know, I guess I'll refer to you as a he." Irene felt more relaxed now. Irene decided it'd probably make sense if they met up again to discuss, although she wasn't one to voluntarily socialise with others, she just wanted her grade A.

"So.. shall we meetup at break to discuss our project? If so, where shall we meet up?" She asked. It was not like she had any plans anyway, but she didn't know if Lucas and Kalista had friends they wanted to hang out with.

(Not too sure if who I'm about to approach is in AP or not but I'll go with whatever xD)

Sebastian glanced around noticing everyone grouping up, particularly with friends when possible, and realized something. He had no friends in this class. Or really in general. He had always known people at the school but he's never found anyone he could truly be himself around. Sebastian stood up and looked around, trying to find the group he would fit in the most, and spotted a group of three across the room conversing, and figured that would be his best shot. He walked over to the trio and mustered up enough courage to ask "hey, um.. Room for one more? I uh.. don't really know anyone in this class and you guys seem nice enough." Sebastian nervously rubbed his arm while he did this, waiting for a response

DuckPrince DuckPrince Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Dontforgettograbastick Dontforgettograbastick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back