• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Why Don't We Settle This Outside?

mechanimated

VP of the Questionable Ethics Committee
I don't wanna make this too much of a slog to read, but the general idea would be as follows:

In the future, there are only a handful of countries on Earth. It's an advanced society, sure, but poverty and strife still exist. In a revolutionary step, the governments of these nations instigated a decade long meeting, funding a massive thinktank. When the results of this council were made public, people were in shock.

The vast majority of the individual governments were to be permanently dissolved. Highly advanced AIs, given a constantly updating feed of information about policy polls, GDPs, birth and death rates, education quality, food scarcity, and a million other internal details, would take their place. These AIs were designed by a committee of scientists, engineers, and sociologists - created to embody the general consensus of each nations ideals, virtues, and beliefs. They would be removed from bribery, human biases, political greed, bureaucratic red tape, and the plethora of other problems that plague human-run governments.

Equipped with an ocean of information, each of these highly advanced robots would be sent to a facility off-planet, where they would 'live' together in a tiny community, debating policy amongst themselves, resolving disputes, and even physically fighting in the place of hundreds of thousands of extremely mortal humans. It was practically a reality show - "Eight Nation-Embodying Robots Learn To Live Under One Roof! Hilarity Ensues!"

---

You would be playing one of these robots. I will create a list of general nations, providing information such as GDP, standard of living, governing style, and the general beliefs of its people on several key topics. Beyond this, you'd be free to give your OC whatever personality you think would most likely result from such a society.

I'll be randomly updating the RP with new 'results' from various polls, reports of scarcity, disease outbreaks, etc. that your AI would react to accordingly - forging friendships and brokering deals, or getting into fights, where appropriate, making announcements to the public back on Earth, and so on.

What do you guys think?

Thanks! I figure if I can get at least 5 people (well, 4 besides me, I mean) I'll make this a thing. Here's hoping there's interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back