Other Why did you pick your name?

I've had the username "castigat" for years on a number of different websites; it's a shortening of "castigat ridendo mores". It is Latin for "one who corrects customs by laughing at them". 

Unfortunately, only one website has enough room for the full phrase, and I don't think I'd want to have that long mouthful again anyway.

This account is a restart of my old account. I'm going to do my old account name, Imapeople, as ImaReboot is just saying that this account is a reboot of my old account, Imapeople.

I made Imapeople my username for most things online. I did this because I hold grammar very highly, even on the internet. However, I know that many people don't. So I made the name Imapeople as sort of a mockery of online grammar.

...Yes, I know that I'm a nerd.

Because Perfume! o(*>ω<*)o

The group members including the previous ones are:

Ayano Omoto

Yuka Kashino

Ayaka Nishiwaki

Yuka Kawashima

It is a mixture of the names.

Yuka - Yuka - Ayaka - Ayano

Yuyu Ayakano

I like the double meaning of mine. 

It means disgusting but also rebellion.

So, I guess I like disgusting revolutions. lol. 

maybe I just like the word. plus i like using the nickname rev. 

Because I am genderfluid and this is a mixture of my given name and the equivalent name of the opposite gender.

I remember reading a page on foreign phrases that are interesting local colloquialisms for travelers to learn, and was later inspired to look up a short Greek phrase that turned out to mean "my love" (as in, my dear love/friend/family). Using it as a username actually makes me a little embarassed, but I felt like it was an ok name to use. My first RPnation character's story also incorporates the phrase as part of a magic incantation, though the reply I'm planning her to use in the epilogue is Anóitos mou, which means "my fool".

Well,  I chose mine for a number of reasons. I'll list them.

1. Cause from the amount of times I've nearly died, I feel that the only way I'm still here is that I am the Reaper. I like to kill things. Definitely not crazy.

2. Cause I enjoy using Reaper in Black Ops 3

3. Cause I can

4. Cause I use this name for alot of my accounts across the Internet.

Because I like deers and I'm fawnd of puns. That's it.

No but seriously, that is literally it.

I am not a very creative person.

Because it... looks coolio?

Sounds... cool(io)?

Does it? Idek why I chose Aether... (Although the ~'s are pwetty :33)

first and foremost, 

mísogi is short for misogiharae.

Misogi —

; A Japanese Shinto practice of purification by washing the entire body. 

It is also the name of a music group that I happen to like. They're called MISOGI— the accent on the 'i' was my own little twist of the name.

Oh, and I like the nicknames that could be pulled from the name like; missy, mis, gigi, etc. 

(fun fact: my rank is my username in japanese text)

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason I chose my name was because it sounded cool... ok just kidding. 

If any of you have played The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion you know of the long lost elven race called the Ayleids. The name Twyllvarlais means, "Well of Stars" in Ayleidoon, their language. 

So the whole reason I chose my name is because I'm a nerd. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the first name was because I was in a phase where it was common to have an account for -every- character you had.  This was common on a few boards I was on at the time, so I named this the name of the character I was going to be on this site at that time.  

Coming back 5 years later with like two posts on this account I got the name changed to Soz because I'm actually called that irl by a few friends.  It's my way of saying "sorry", but a) I'm never actually sorry for anything because I don't care, b)  I'm lazy and didn't want to utter the the second syllable, so it just came out as soz.

I.E. - I suppose this could have been more interesting... Soz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back