• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Who's up for an adventure?

Loud_and_proud

One Delta Ten Tango
Hello! My name is Loud, and I’ve got a fantasy plot about a sweet troubled kid and an emotionally awkward father figure in a fantasy world that’s cruel to both of them, but in a fun and not too angsty way.

YC has always been shockingly unlucky. It started with simple misfortunes of an adventurous energetic child – getting lost in the forest, stumbling upon a dangerous creature outside the village, being caught by the river’s long forgotten mythical serpent, discovering a sentient plant that would stick its fangs into human flesh as soon as given the chance to do so… He developed a strange passion for exploring the world at a very young age, and soon became the most well-known magnet for troubles in the entire village.

It felt like a phase at first. Surely, one can’t attract dangers all the time, right? Years passed, he’s grown up a little and gained some self-preservation instincts, but there was no end to his problems, which were now turning into real sorrows. A lightning stroke the roof of his home and burned down half of the kitchen. The village was attacked by all kinds of creatures and bandits, stricken by painful illnesses, flooded and then scorched dry, and YC felt subconsciously that most of it was his fault. Someone mentioned a curse, and everything checked out. It was growing worse.

Soon people around him began to die. Starting with his family.

Terrified, unaware of the huge and unfriendly world around the village, too poor to own a decent weapon and too young to properly wield it, he was still just a kid, and it took all of his courage to leave his home behind in search of a different, peaceful life. But he soon learned that he can’t run from his curse. Wherever he went, the dangers followed.

People started to notice. Said there was something in his eyes, something very concerning, unsettling, frightening. Wouldn’t let him in for a night. Would chase him away from warm taverns. Wouldn’t help him hide when he was followed by a bandit or a hungry monster. Shut the city’s gates in front of him. He learned to deal with everything on his own, and the only way he could do that was running away.

Then the moment came when he couldn’t run anymore.

MC didn’t fear death. He has seen it, he had been there and was brought back many times, all over the world, he saw creatures one can barely imagine, fought them and won against them. He’s a mercenary – a swordsman that would throw his life away for some gold and a chance to see more of the world he so fearlessly explores.

Maybe helping out an unfortunate kid wasn’t a right thing to do. Maybe getting to like him was an even worse decision. The warrior has been through so much he barely even remembers what it means to form bonds and care about other people. His work is not the one to be proud of either – swing it, cut it, kill it and try to get used to all kinds of pain. But isn’t it exactly what the kid needs? Someone who doesn’t mind the world going mad and turning against him?

And maybe a young, curious, caring and optimistic companion is exactly what the mercenary’s heart was aching for?

So I’m looking for a 13 to 16-years old kiddo who’s in trouble all the time but is a precious gem of a person and will make a good adopted son for my 34-years old tired warrior with a load of stories to tell and enemies to slay.

I tend to write long literate posts, don’t use character sheets and would prefer you to start us off with the first post. Unless, of course, you have questions, suggestions, or just something you think we need to discuss beforehand.

If anyone’s interested, please, PM me!

Last edited:
While I’m not fully interested in this idea I do wish you luck. I also like your kiskue profile pic so take a free bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back