• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Wherever the Wind Takes You

That... didn't inspire much confidence in him, truth be told. Then again, they were both worn out from the constant travelling around the land, and now that they were here, they'd almost forgotten that Reeve wasn't the only one with a goal- a goal that had half succeeded. He knew more about his sword, surely, but he didn't know nearly as much as he wanted to or would have to, in order to be able to fully control his blade's abilities.

Laila, on the other hand, hadn't found the ego weapon she was meant to pick up quite yet, so surely it was inside of Sesseth, then..? Maybe it'd be best to find some place to camp in the woods around Sesseth and have her explore the town to find wherever this 'delivery' of hers was meant to be picked up from. Ah, come think of it... "I'd rather avoid it, but if it can't be helped, we ight as well... Nobody's going to come there anymore either way, so it's for the best if we want a safe spot outside of the town."

The silent, confident look he gave her followed by a nod was enough to reassure her that even so, he could think up a good idea or two. Well, good was relative- more like an idea that could work, for now.

Laila paused for a moment, feeling uncertain about what to do next. After a brief moment of contemplation, she suggested, "Perhaps there's a trading post nearby, or maybe a delivery camp outside of town that we can check out? It's worth a shot."

She glanced at Reeve. "I'm kind of at a lost, to be honest! Heehee! I'd say we just wander in and try a compromise, right?"

Even though he heard her ideas loud and clear, he knew better... to waltz in like that would get him arrested at best, and a much more violent fate at worst. They'd have to talk things through when they got some time to settle down and come up with a plan, though it would most probably boil to them splitting from the place they'd settle down in- solely because Laila didn't have any ongoing exile, unlike Reeve.

"I'll take her there then.", he gave her a quiet but confident look over the shoulder, as if reassuring her of some idea he'd finally cooked up. Soon enough, the duo delineated from the path that they were on leading straight to Sesseth, and Rivera uncertainly made his way through the woods and towards the coast. There was a very steep cliff between them and the coastline, but Reeve wasn't intending to go on. Within less than a few minutes, they were close to the cliff's lip as Reeve looked down at the relatively still waters quietly.

He remembered it all somewhat differently, but it made sense. Hell, he spent a few minutes just quietly looking down at the waters before he tugged on the reins slightly to get moving back and further into the land, towards Sesseth as its walls were visible far off in the distance through the thick canopy covering the two. And much closer than Sesseth, was a familiar entrance to what looked like a cave. A cave that Reeve had failed to forget, and Laila had rather recently learned of. "... The traps shouldn't be armed again. So we should be safe to enter it and take Rivera with us. It's good shelter until we come up with something better."

Once they were outside, their steed came to a stop and the knight got off first, helping Laila afterwards and looking at the entrance with some slight melancholy before he turned to Laila and offered but a smile, to try and reassure her that he was alright. But... was he?

Laila just sort of watched Reeve. Yes, she might've been driving the horse around for some portion, but Reeve pretty much had full rein. Now...

Were they planning on some sort of backdoor route?

Laila chuckled; Reeve was trying too hard.

"Relax, Reeve. It's okay to be super nervous, I mean, I don't blame you. I'm not the one coming back from a town that basically considers me a fugitive, haha."

At least they were back in the woods! Definitely Laila's comfort space. Laila patted Reeve's shoulder once more, a nice little reminder that they were in this together. "Technically speaking, if I'm caught with you, I'm also considered a fugitive so...Works out for the both of us, right?"

To say he was just a fugitive was probably putting it lightly. He was certain he'd be killed on sight, with how clear his exile had been handed to him the last he was here- inside of this very cave. And even so, that didn't stop him from coming back, did it? The second-guessing himself was beginning to get to him as he started having thoughts now that they were here. "Did I overstep my boundaries? Did I 'curse' Laila as well? What will they do if they find her?", this alongside many more odd sentiments rung through his mind, though... they had already arrived. It was pointless to feel regret now, right?

Especially with how she tried to reassure him, she was... there. Right, deep breaths- inhale... exhale. She was there, alongside him. Not Zel, not anyone else, just... Laila, and her mother's trusty horse, Rivera. Before he could allow himself to get sentimental though, he had to show her where they would be camping out whenever they needed rest. Out of sight, and most definitely out of everyone else's mind.

You have guts, I won't deny you this.
Right, it wasn't just Laila and Rivera either. His sword was here too, though he wasn't sure if they could communicate the last time he was here. If they could, he didn't remember it at all. With a deep breath and a confident nod back to Laila, he gestured for her to follow along and began to head towards the cave's entrance. Though it was dark and a bit uncomfortable for Rivera, he used the lantern they'd hung by his saddle to light up the area.

The foreboding feeling crawling up his spine kept making his stomach churn and his nerves tense up, only getting worse and worse with every single step. One hand held the lantern forwards to light the path that led downwards towards a distant, faint glow, and the other was at the butt of his sword's pommel. A few quiet steps more ahead, and the blue light that faintly glowed in the distance now seemed slightly brighter.

It wasn't the most easy on the eyes, but the room was fairly well lit, if not blue. When the two finally entered and the familiar temple aesthetic took over again, Reeve's suspicions were confirmed- there were no booby traps, there was definitely noone down there and noone had appeared to have been there ever since he pulled out the sword from the top of the altar. Hell, where he had struck down his two assailants back then, some splatters of dried blood still stained the marble. A painful reminder in an already grueling location, but... this was, ironically enough, his only safespace and shelter for where he was right now.

With the plans and promises he made alongside Laila, there wasn't any going back- and he definitely couldn't enter Sesseth, either. There was room for Rivera to stroll around, and plenty of space for them to set up their tents and camping site they'd used to rest wherever they had gone. The walls' glow was much weaker than he remembered it, but perhaps that had to do with the blade sheathed on his hip. And completely unprompted, its voice rung in his head.

Your hunch is right.
All things considered, there was no further need for the lantern's lighting. It would be best to save up the lamp oil for later. So he snuffed the flame in it and quietly hung it by Rivera's saddle once again, looking around and briefly seeing what looked like a small vent towards the back. With a bit of DIY work from their end, they could definitely use that as ventilation to help cook down here without inhaling too much smoke.

Reeve turned with the same bittersweet expression he was wearing on his face this entire time, unbeknownst to him, and gave an expectant look back to Laila. What did she think about this? It hurt to be back here, but they didn't have too many choices, so... he did what best he could. And he did good, too... right? It was almost like he ached for her answer, with that hurt look in his eyes and the small frown on the corner of his lips, despite a gentle, supportive smile trying to mask his current feelings.

Last edited:
Laila's memories of the dreams were a little fleeting; after all, they were still dreams at the end of the day, gaps and lapses of an alternate reality that lasted as long as her short term memory would allow. She got a bad case of deja vu from sight-seeing the temple aesthetics right down to the stone carvings and even the color of illumination that painted their bodies.

Tents, campsite, temporary stove. What more could be asked?

She glanced at Reeve as they began adapting this place for overnight stay.

"Kind of feels like coming back to a home I never had."

Interesting comment from Laila.

"You've really outdone yourself, huh, Reeve. Honestly...Heh. I don't really know if we're gonna be able to sleep in here if we have to. Must stir up a lot of memories for you."

While they were working on the temple to make it more accommodating, he couldn't help shake off the feeling that they were 'desecrating' the temple, even though he had already been the first to do so a while back. And while he was closer to the truth about his sword, he still didn't know enough. He wanted to know more- that's why he was here, after all. So what was there to learn? He'd find out, no matter what. Even if it was a small flame, something burned brightly in his heart.

When he heard Laila's words, he froze up for a minute and quietly looked at her. And then he just went silent... more silent than usual, looking down at the ground and shaking his head. "It does. But it isn't about me.", he responded to her internally with a heavy sigh, putting on another fake smile to seem strong and quietly sitting down by a pillar as he looked around at the place. Something about it was different, though he couldn't put his finger on it. After all this distance they travelled though, they had to rest here- at least for a single night, until they found something better.

And if they needed any supplies, when Laila went to pick up that package for her, she could also stock up on a few from Sesseth with all the money they had. He patted next to him for Laila to come and sit by, inviting her with another curt smile before he leaned his head back on the pillar fully with a sigh. "I'm tired. Gods."

She could see that he's been pretty tuckered out. She couldn't blame him, there were plenty of memories that she hardly touched on. The fact that this was in his dreams was already one facet of that fact.

She was here for the ride...And to keep Reeve sane.

Laila patted Reeve's shoulder as she sat next to him, gesturing him to a comfortable spot to sleep. "Let's think this over after a short rest. Sounds good? I'll drop in myself and see if I can get some information...And we'll see if I can get you in. Who knows. Maybe that weapon will be the solution to our problems. Heehee."

Though he didn't particularly mind her plan, he thought it was best if both would rest for the time being. On one hand, he wanted to tag along for her city exploration, on the other... he knew all too well he couldn't. So he looked at where she pointed him, nodding and then turning back to her. A hand was raised some to grab onto her sleeve, and he gently tugged at it with a shake of his head, trying to dissuade her from going looking around now. Tomorrow when they were both awake, rested and it was daytime, it'd be better.

It's not like he expected anything to happen, let alone anything he or she couldn't handle in the first place, but with dusk befalling them... it'd be best to stick together, especially since they were outside of the safety net that a town would provide. Come think of it though, her weapon, huh..? His eye shone a little when she brought it up again, as he quietly looked down at his hilt and then back up at her.

Remembering everything she had told him about ego weapons up to now, he knew it would be somewhat similar to the cursed blade he carried around, but... to what extent, he wondered? Could he hear it too, or would it be something only for Laila? And if so, would it move on its own or have its own will, to stop whatever motion she made that it disapproved of? All things he was sure she must have gone over at some point, but his mind was blurry. After a few minutes of quietly sitting together, he eyed that more comfortable spot again and gestured over with his head. Maybe they really just needed some sleep, both of them, to clear their heads up a little and get into the groove they'd need for tomorrow.

Unfortunately, Laila's initial plan was pulled aside. Reeve seemed to prefer the safety of having the both of them together...And Laila could understand. Plus, she wasn't comfortable with leaving him here alone now that she thought about it. Still. It seemed to be better to shoot for daybreak and press their luck together.

Not too big a deal. She was totally down for whatever Reeve wanted. He hasn't given a bad idea so far, so she's been willing to trust him. She was more concerned about the status of the delivery and getting that weapon. After all, she'd been mulling it over in her sleep for some time, what this weapon could be, who it might act as, and what desires it might have...It'd be an interesting parallel to Reeve's sword.

Still...Sleepy time was looking more enticing. She decided to take the cue and get to a nice and comfortable spot.

"All right then, Reeve...I'll knock out for the night! Sleep tight!"

Questions clouded both's minds as they agreed to both tuck in for the night, and though Reeve wanted more than a few answers, he fell asleep with none of them found. By the time he woke up again, the lighting was the same- funny enough, at least. Nobody had entered, and though he couldn't see too much outside from all the way down there, he could tell it was probably morning by the distant chirping of birds in the woods outside of the temple.

His head hurt a little from oversleeping, compared to the amount of rest he'd gotten the past few days, but he knew it would go away quite soon given a bit of time. He got up from the bedroll he'd laid down for himself, doing a few stretches to loosen up his stiff shoulders and sometime during his warm-up, he noticed something though he didn't pay it much mind. With every turn of his head though, this oddly comforting yet foreboding feeling drew closer.

By the time he'd finished and helped himself to some water from the waterskin on his hip, he couldn't quite ignore it with the same amount of comfort as before. When Laila began to come about, he was still standing in the same spot if not a few steps further back, quietly looking at the walls which were, just like in his dream, still laced with abyssal runes all over. Incomprehensible to everyone but the Abyssals themselves- and yet. Why could he understand what they were saying?

"... It's the curse, then. Is that it? I can understand and write in Abyssal runes, but I can't write in the common language anymore..?"

Early as per usual, Laila was packing up her bedroll and reorganizing her things. She woke up at roughly the same time, quiet and drowsy as she idly packed the things to get ready to embark once more.

Laila found Reeve upon the runes, recognizing that look in his eyes. The look of comprehension, reading from one side of a book to the other.

Rather, in this case, a wall.

"You know," Laila piped in from behind, "Learn a bit of telepathy, and you'd become a bonafide translator. You'd make great money translating a pretty old language. Hell...Maybe I'll learn to be an artificer. Make you an amulet that'll help you relay your thoughts. Reeve, a messenger. It'd be a nice change of pace. Better than getting our butts rocked by wyrms and golems, heehee."

Was Laila joking or was she being serious? Reeve struggled to tell as he looked over his shoulder at her and offered a small smile, curt and trying to show appreciation for her words. When he turned back to the walls and continued to marvel at the runes, he quickly realised something. "... I don't know what any of it means. I can't read it, but I understand what it says."

He felt conflicted more than he had before. And worst of all, the runes above the small pedestal where his sword once laid dormant, spoke of the curse that came along with pulling the blade out. All the problems he'd be facing were right there for him to know, and yet he couldn't see it at the time. Taking a few moments to look around the rest of the shrine's walls, he observed the history of the Abyssals inscribed in the ancient tongue, alongside what appeared to be information for some of their rituals, such as the coronation.

"... Through hardships, one can truly persevere. It's like Zel had said back then, every generation cursed the heirloom- the sword, in this case- until the next heir would be 'worthy' to take the blade in their own hands. 'Are they worthy, the obstacles in their path will only strengthen them'. What does that mean..?", the man froze up for a moment as he tried to understand the meaning behind those words, but... he struggled. "They're curses. They've all turned into one, but they are curses, how would they ever strengthen you?"

And then a voice just quietly interrupted his train of thoughts before he could dwell on it aimlessly for too long.

'I'll treat this curse as a blessing.', some say.
"That doesn't change anything...", he retorted but to no response. With a small frown now on his face and his brows furrowed some, he turned to look at Laila. He wasn't worried or concerned, just... confused. At least, in the worst case scenario he had found what to do while she was out and about, exploring Sesseth.

Hard to tell what Reeve was doing. Since he actually understood the stuff and Laila couldn't, she felt like an idiot. And even when Reeve finally turned around and stared at her with this puppy dog confusion face, Laila was no better off.

She shrugged.

She tapped her cheek, trying to do some more observation. "You seem pretty conflicted, but I think we'll be okay! Let's just...Get inside and we'll figure out what to do! I guess. Still not sure how we are gonna get in with you on board..."

Hearing her say that, he raised a brow once more in confusion and crossed his arms, shaking his head as a finger pointed up at himself. Then he turned the finger to point at her, changing his hands to a thumbs up as he gave a small nod of approval. "There's no way I'm going to be able to get inside without both me and Laila getting in trouble, it's a you mission this time. But I'll be fine, nobody knows about the ruins and those that do don't have a reason to visit it."

As much as he wanted to relay his thoughts over to Laila, the sad truth was that she didn't have any way to do so... So he just hoped she'd get the memo as he tried to reassure her with a small smile, before he turned his head back to the runes for a moment. Yeah, he could definitely keep his hands busy while she was gone, considering the cryptic history of the sword and the overall volume of runes he hadn't quite managed to take a look at yet, seeing as the temple's walls were entirely covered in them.

Dang.

Disappointed, Laila said, "Fiiine. It's gonna be a real ghost party without you, Reeve. We were making such good conversation!"

Haha.

Ah well. Laila triumphantly patted Reeve's shoulder. "No worries! It'll be in and out! I'll pick up the package and come right back, yeah?"

With that said, Laila was fully prepared to pass her goodbye to Reeve and head straight to Sesseth's main entrance.

"Don't get yourself hurt while I'm gone!"

Despite the silence she could only be met with, the look he gave her went along the lines of "I'm not planning to, so don't worry." or so. The small smile, that look in his eyes, the determination... but also the curiosity and dead focus on the large room they were in. He wanted to know all about it. Watching her leave and knowing she would be back soon enough, Reeve waved at her as she made her way out of the temple and got going to Sesseth's gates.

And when she arrived, it was truly a sight to behold. Walls tall like a whole castle was being guarded behind it, and three sentries making sure nothing was going in without their approval. Laila wouldn't have any issues being approved for entry of course, though she might find herself a bit hung up over the scalier demi-humans' appearances. With an instigative eye, they made sure to give her a few looks up and down, running some her through a few questions before they'd let her in the near endless looking city that spread behind them.

"Do you have any weapons? And for what reason do you seek entry- bounty hunting, residence, or perhaps..?", the sentinel's eyes narrowed as he asked her with a low voice.

The city behind them was nothing like any she had seen before though. With an architecture similar to what one might expect fairy tale settlements to look like, the sea of white, square buildings with round roofs spread out, with a healthy amount of darker colored brown, wooden structures sprinkled here and there. Add a few lamp posts operated by magic cores put inside of them and the frequent or infrequent stalls- depending on the street one was on- and it was truly a whole other world. Almost a damn new country on its own. And at the end of it all, as it went further and further downhill when one progressed, was the shine of the sun against the sea's constant waves.

Even something as simple as a sunrise looked stunning with that view, at least the first time around. And luckily for the two, if things went how they wanted them to, they might as well get used to this on the daily.

"Woahh...Everything's...Taller here..."

Her eyes passed along the demi-humans. "And...Scalier."

And what a way to throw her into new worlds. She had no idea what the hell Sesseth was supposed to be, but it certainly wasn't this. She was all about green and brown and...More green. She hadn't quite recognized just how out of the loop she was. Street markets, round-roofed houses, and lots of interesting architecture she didn't recognize. She wondered how Mom would react to this.

But then her ears caught that of the sentinels stopping her from passage.

She blinked. "Well, y'see, I've got a bow..." She turned her back towards them, pointing at the bow on her back, drawstring wrapped around her chest. "And I've got a sword."

Featuring the strangely ink-like sword Alina had passed to her not too long ago. It seemed to be fading out, but it looked like a past relic at this point; like it was the treasure of fighting some demonic god from centuries ago.

Laila was gonna have brain damage by the end of this trip.

"I've also got these bad boys!" Laila said, holding up her fists and one leg with a bright little smile. "And I'm here to pick up a package! I'll be heading to a trade post and I'll be departing out shortly after! Now, would you please let me through?"

Though the guards were quite curious at the assortment of weapons on her, they were somewhat intrigued by the magic they sensed coming off of her blade. She definitely must have gotten it somehow in a fight against some great beast, at the very least right? Though they were curious and not fully trusting of her, when she clarified her intent in full they slowly nodded and after a very brief exchange among themselves they nodded once more and moved aside to grant her entry. "Very well then. The trade post is near the docks, all the way straight ahead. I hope your parcel is still there."

With those words and his well (sorta) wishes, he watched Laila set foot into Sesseth and begin to walk, as she probably began to notice just how lively the town was. Much like Reeve's descriptions, the town had a mix of everything. From Kobolds, to humans and Abyssals all the same, though one of them was in much bigger quantities than the others. Most humans had in fact left Sesseth to go to towns better suited for them as naval trading wasn't quite advanced enough back in the day, though judging by the few ships she could make out in the distance... perhaps things had changed a fair bit.

The environment was a lot better and more accommodating for the Abyssals too though. Fishing was done entirely differently in the hands of a demi-human that could live on the land as well as they could underwater, and hauls were smaller, though much faster at that too. Given the residents' tendency to go diving for relaxation, their own way of fishing or for some underwater homes a few of the richer folk had made under the water, the land was still a relative mystery to them.

Particularly when it came to shrine maidens, and doubly so if they were this loaded with mysterious artifacts all of the residents with a magic affinity could sense from passing by them. The cursory glances she got were a mixed bunch- some curious, some in awe and a few with a particular glint in their eyes. Thankfully, any rumors about Abyssals tended to paint them as anything but thieves- though that's not to say they weren't cunning overall.

With all that attention though, the world didn't stop going about its day as it would even without said attention on Laila. Merchants' calls for attention to any passerby, conversations from people strolling up and down the streets and even the occasional carriage making it way through the town with a cart full of goods and supplies following right behind it.

"Yay!"

Victory screech!

Walking.gif.

Definitely an eye-opening experience. She'd never quite seen such a dense diversion of characters, and she was learning something new every minute she was here. Kobolds, humans, and abyssals? What a strange coalition. She couldn't even picture associating with two-thirds of that combination.

Judging by the docks and their popularity, it seemed like the land left much to be desired, to Laila's disappointment. There's a lot of things to enjoy about land...Kind of just feels like...She isn't sure. Inelegant.

She caught the attention of many an insightful folk, also something she was unfamiliar with. Popularity didn't exist as a term for her, so it just made her feel uneasy. She was used to being watched in a self-defense, provoking way from less sapient animals, not...Real people.

She had business to conduct, though. So she moved straight ahead. She'll fix up stuff for Reeve from the merchants as an intermediary later. Right now, she really wanted that package before it'd become lost.

A few merchants attempted to grab her attention by calling out to the "Lass, the one with the bow! It's supplies you can't go out of the town without, freshest fruit you'll ever taste!", alongside variations of the call to match whatever foods they were trying to push, or even supplies like arrows, flintstones, camping gear and so on. And yet, everything they offered Reeve and Laila already had.

Soon enough, she'd have made her way through the town without any issues as she arrived at the trading post, where an Abyssal clerk stood quietly behind the counter as he raised a brow when he saw her enter. "You need a package approved for sending overseas, ma'am..?", he appeared somewhat taken aback by the bravado she had entered with, smiling a little though he was more curious than anything else.

---

All this time, Reeve was still studying the runes back in their temple. They were interesting, more than he could have imagined. The history, the traditions... he had never cared for these, but these were the cost of his ability to speak- so now he cared. With the safety of the ruins' obscurity and lack of purpose in mind, he knew he could let his guard down in the new safespace that they had found as he thought to take notes, but- "Right, even if I were to write something, it would come out in runes. It's pointless, isn't it?"

Best just marvel at them and try to make heads or tails of the history laid out on the walls instead, then. He did get surprised though, "Oh? Laila's back already.", he thought as he turned around to the soft steps that moved down into the shrine...

"I'M GOOD, SIR! THANK YOU!!!"

Laila was anything but a sucker!

Finally, she got to the trading post. That took 2 posts, minimum. Too much for her own liking.

"Yep! A parcel from Makou and Vermillion. I'm here to accept a package on their behalf!"

And she moved right along.

Upon reaching the end of the dock, she finally, in some miracle, figures out what she's looking for. Fancy gilded chest, and even warded for extra security. She certainly hasn't seen chests like these, but she's familiar with wards.

The chest was being held in the hands of an interesting individual.

Buns on the head, twin tails, small frame, red half-rimmed glasses. A nice dress.

But it wasn't just the looks...Laila actually recognized her!

"Oh, hi!"

The girl looked at Laila like she was crazy. "Uh. Hello?"

"Do you not remember me???"

This girl in particular was Hinan. No one particularly important, but she was a passing person that associated with both Laila and her mother once upon a time.

A cousin of Arioon's family.

"Uhhhhhhmnn..." Her pinkie dug into her ear, her back slowly spreading spider limbs like wings. "...No. Wait."

"Laila! You know? I called you 8 Legs 4 Eyes! At Arioon's steel coronation?"

"...Oh, yeah...Hi, Lilac. Still hopping trees?"

"Not at the moment. I've actually got a buddy. Still hammering?"

"Smithing never changes...I just barely got this one done thanks to Dad. It's a real special piece of Aroo."

"Oh, yeah, but I was talking to Makou and Vermillion and they wanted me to pick up the package instead."

"Did they...?"

"Even delivered pancakes to Arioon."

"They're always like that...They stuffed my pantry with so much food. 'You need to make sure you don't stay hungry!' I'm only gone for three days..." Hinan tiredly fiddled with the box, her arachnid limbs converging on the lock. Their tips glowed with an ethereal blue light as the inner locks reacted. They crackled like tiny fireworks, colors of orange and yellow flashing within the keyhole.

"Oh, you're disarming the ward?"

"Easy enough...Just some second circle magic...I've also been standing here for four days. Can barely pay for the inn fee right now."

"Ahh...I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's high priority, so I literally have to stare at this thing."

"What's so special about it?"

Hinan pointed at the box. "You're looking at a special weapon. This is not just any high class item. There are likely people who would die for this thing."

"I thought there was only one kind?" Laila stared at the box. It did look pretty fancy...

"Hah. I wouldn't say there's only one kind...Any weapon like this would be one-of-a-kind. This here was the request of Vermillion for the princess, okay?"

"I wouldn't call Arioon much of a princess."

"Not the point. This weapon is different. Much different."

"Did you change your legs?"

"Spiders at the borders are...More interesting. I'm working with an artificer so these can be more implanted. Tasty, too."

"Ew."

"Ew?? They're amazing predators, you know. I'd say you're missing out."

"Eugh...Can I just take the box?"

"Listen! They eat prey up to a hundred times their size! The prime example of apex hunting!"

"Um. Okay..."

She sighed. "You people never understand. Still, I've basically doubled my smithing process, so I suppose the family doesn't care enough. As long as I'm free, I'm fine."

"You're usually a lot happier..."

"You lose the optimism when you haven't slept for three days..."

"Jeez! How are you up?"

"I've the blood of apex hunters. Take the box so I can pass out, Lilac. I'll see you...Later or something...Also, try to be careful...You are...You're holding a crazy weapon there..."

"Oh...Uh, yeah!"

Probably won't say Alina is alive just yet. She seems to want to be a bit secretive.

Laila, appropriately, took the box. "Thank youuu, Hina!"

"Yeah, yeah...I'm going to bed. Don't fall off any trees."

Runningbackwithabox.gif.

"REEEEEEVE! IM BAAAAAACK!!!"

Needless to say, the sentries let Laila go with curiosity as they simply saw her rushing out of Sesseth with a box in her hands, no less armed than she was upon entering. A mystery they'd simply have to shrug off as she went further down the path and eventually out of their site- oh well.

When she entered the cave, she would probably be able to hear distant metal clanking. By the time she was done though, Reeve was sheathing his blade to an audience of... well, none but her. Looking at her with his somewhat clouded eyes, he put on a smile with some worry on his face and looked around as though he were checking, before he looked down at the box. It looked like most of her job was done- she got the package! Weren't they supposed to deliver it back though..? And that was... not quite in Sesseth.

If anything, he didn't have any means of explaining to her what quite happened, but they'd have to be a bit more careful from here on out it would seem. "... She didn't see him on the way out, so I assume he used some magic to conceal himself and hightailed out of here. He'll definitely be back or set up an ambush for us further out, though...", his thoughts ran free as he dozed off for a moment, snapping back to reality after a few seconds of blankly staring at Laila. And then another forced smile.

"... I can handle it. There's no need to worry her with this. I took one down before, I can take him on myself this time."

Yeah. He didn't have to risk Laila's safety anymore. But it would definitely raise questions if he didn't do anything, so he quietly poked at the box and raised a brow, curious to take a look inside.

"WOAH!"

Interesting...What was Reeve doing? Well, she'll figure that out at some point!

"Reeve, you gotta stop forcing that smile," Laila said, pouting her cheeks. "I'm the dedicated smiling person here! You're the cool, tragic knight that we're gonna SAVE! You know?"

She giggled. "Anyway, check out this cool box! I've never really seen a chest like this before."

The intricate design and lavish decorations make it stand out from any standard chest. It even holds the symbol of Arioon's nobility, something only noted on her robes: the depiction of two snakes bowing to the depiction of a sword with wings.

Laila looked like a kid who just stole candy. "Wanna see what's inside? ARE YOU REAAADY? I'm not! Heehee."

There seems to be mana leaking from the chest...It smelled like vanilla extract and green tea in some strange way. Who knows what was in this thing?

For all of the attitude that she was giving him, at least she appeared to be beyond energetic. That was enough to lift some worries off of his shoulders, though hearing her talk about "saving" him... Joking or not, he wasn't entirely sure if she was going to be able to make any progress on that front. Even if he did get closer to his blade in the few days they spent travelling and the internal exchanges with it throughout the entirety of the travel.

Focusing his attention on the chest though, he quietly inspected it with a curious gaze. From the intricacies of its design and the gold flavor added to it, to the family crest he could have sworn he saw somewhere but not quite where that was. If anything, he wasn't sure what he expected to be inside. They were meant to retrieve a package, but... it wasn't large enough to be anything too important or conventionally dangerous, and it wasn't small enough to be a trinket or otherwise expensive item either.

And whatever this thing leaking from it was, it smelled... exotic. With furrowed brows at Laila's admission of being unprepared, he sighed and raised a hand to gently place it on the upper side of the chest as he slowly began to open it and reveal what was contained inside for the two to hopefully marvel at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back