Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

Oh man. I guess the very first RP site I ever used would have to be Neopets.

I don't think that really count's as a "Roleplaying Forum", but they had a forum there for doing so, so yeah.

That was a looooooong time ago.

After that I think it was probably Gaiaonline and I've just been sort of drifting about since then.

The first forum RP (and only so far) I've been in was in the Fanfiction.com forums. And while I do still poke around in it, the limitations the website poses are just too big, and doesn't let us go to our full potential. That's why I came here.

Although, if you count historical war reenactment as RP (I personally don't), then I've been at it for three years, starting in a battalion of Spanish Colonial Militia.

I started out on Neopets, found forum RPs with specific storylines, bounced between hundreds of those, and have been frequenting a few websites geared toward one on ones since then. It's rough out there.

I started out on Wattpad, and I still roleplay there a lot. I started roleplaying over 2-3 years ago. wattpad itself is a REALLY great place to roleplay, but this place is just as good. But this is only oust getting started, and there are a lot more roleplays on wattpad with a lot more variety. But this website again is a really great site.

I first started rping in Deviantart. Well, before that I think I was doing small, unplanned script style with ppl i chatted in an old forum. Then some of the artsy ppl got me into a Deviantart roleplay group.

I had a good run in my first DA rp group and joined others rp groups via new friends i made in the first rp group. Then some of the group started to open up Ask blogs for their characters, so I joined. Gradually, I transfered to Tumblr rping.

Tumblr rping was nice and all, but i missed group rp. One fandom i was in, the offical webforum had a rp section. I had much fun there but a year after I join it, it closed. I ended up coming here with the wave of ppl that moved here last summerish.

I used to type "rp" and "roleplay" on omegle's common interest section and add people on kik

They always derailed to trying to get nudes off me, so I decided to look for a more dedicated place.

[QUOTE="Killer Queen]I used to type "rp" and "roleplay" on omegle's common interest section and add people on kik
They always derailed to trying to get nudes off me, so I decided to look for a more dedicated place.

[/QUOTE]
Lol nothing like the good ole nudes.

I was/am on chickensmoothie. I still roleplay on there, but I'm trying this website out as the forums are getting to be very slow. They're pretty strict now, but I love looking back at my horrible roleplaying from a few years ago.

Many moons ago, when I was just a young lad, I played Runescape. One day I discovered the forums. Cool and stuff. Forum Roleplaying section, what's that? Ah they were the good years. Sure I was immature and did a lot of stupid things and my rps sucked, but it was fun. Eventually I got out of roleplaying and then back in and back out and back in. The Runescape RP forums died, so I looked around for a new site. Played on Roleplay Alliance for a while, but lately I had trouble finding rpers with similar interests to me, so I tried this place out =).

readingraebow said:
Lol finally remembered the password to my old chickensmoothie account and was browsing through my newbie stage roleplays ( cringing all the way ) and it got me to thinking.
Where did everyone get their start in roleplaying? Did you start on a different site and migrate here or did you begin on RPnation itself?

I personally started on gaiaonline and chickensmoothie. Both accounts are currently closed ( well I'm cleaning out chickensmoothie now and you can't really delete accounts on gaia )

But I did enjoy them for a time. Sadly I outgrew both of them eventually and that's how I found myself here.
quotev.com

I still maintain a really minuscule presence on Roleplayer Guild and Iwaku Roleplay, but I've distanced myself from those websites since the RPs that I'd really be interested in have been stagnating.

i started off on neopets when i was like 8 and let me tell you back then, it was very easy to find advanced roleplayers. the only problem was that at 8 years old, i was not advanced LOL. then as neopets started getting extremely strict, they all flocked away but for a time, you could still find people there. ah, i miss sneakily putting my information in a petpage for people to contact me. i honestly have never gotten so many people contacting me as i did from neopets.

then i bounced around with sites like caution 2.0 and i found two long-term buddies there and now i'm here and on barbermonger. i also lurk on tumblr for onexone's but i haven't had any luck.

I had roleplayed at RolePlayerGuild about 6 years ago on and off for a year. More recently was at Iwaku a few years back.

Neopets -> Marapets-> Subeta-> Gaiaonline -> Dollwizard -> Rpnation

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my first roleplay site specifically for roleplaying.

When I was a kid (12/13) I was on this website called pokecommunity and I frequented their RP section. My roleplaying was uh... questionable, at the time.

As of recently I've tried roleplaying on a pet website called wajas (I'm still on there, pretty much the same username). The RP section was mostly kids and not really super high quality. Which is fine because not all RP has to be super detailed and good, but it's not my preference.

I forget if there's been any others.

Hmm.. Bleachforum.com before it got shut down(Some of the best times of my life). Then Bleach Asylum. then some other one. then found this place

I came from Creative Freedom after I took a break from roleplaying to attend college. I actually rather enjoyed that site, and the people there were friendly, however the RPer base was very low and many didn't share my interest or play style. Before that I was on RP Forums, MabinogiWorld Forums, and Gaia Online.

Tail end of high school, I was on AIM and did quick chat room based sessions (in the "Gaming Chat", rep-rep-rep-represent); because playing pretend at 17-18 is rad. Then I moved on with the Gaming Chatters to LiveJournal and got into a story there but had to leave because I was still in the live chat mindset and didn't realize that forum-like RPs can be slow and good and cool. Hiatus'd a few years, played with a friend for a few months, hiatus'd for about two years then forum RPd with my BFF on our private EvE forum. Hiatus'd and did some LPs (yes, you can find them; yes, they're 2007 AF), then got the itch to write, so I started looking for RP sites. This is by far the most active one I've seen, so dropped anchor here, nearly 16-18 years later.

Oapboap said:
Tail end of high school, I was on AIM and did quick chat room based sessions (in the "Gaming Chat", rep-rep-rep-represent); because playing pretend at 17-18 is rad. Then I moved on with the Gaming Chatters to LiveJournal and got into a story there but had to leave because I was still in the live chat mindset and didn't realize that forum-like RPs can be slow and good and cool. Hiatus'd a few years, played with a friend for a few months, hiatus'd for about two years then forum RPd with my BFF on our private EvE forum. Hiatus'd and did some LPs (yes, you can find them; yes, they're 2007 AF), then got the itch to write, so I started looking for RP sites. This is by far the most active one I've seen, so dropped anchor here, nearly 16-18 years later.
Kyle!! (O:))

My very first roleplay was on TheRolePlaySite. It sucked balls. After that I moved on to Roleplayer Guild. It was better, but still sucked. Then I went on to Wattpad, which sucked even more for roleplaying. I think RP Nation is the best site for roleplaying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back