Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

readingraebow said:
Yeah I went back recently and it's like... omg the rules are almost kind of ridiculous at this point. I mean if I had like a little ten year old sibling that would be the place I'd want them to roleplay because there would be nothing inappropriate for them to see. But still like your kind of gutting your roleplay base for people who are a little older.
Also, the mods nowadays treat art theft like a really bad crime. I'm trying to convince them that it's not and that once an image hits Google, it tends to circulate to a point where it's difficult to find the original owner.

Scylla said:
Also, the mods nowadays treat art theft like a really bad crime. I'm trying to convince them that it's not and that once an image hits Google, it tends to circulate to a point where it's difficult to find the original owner.
lol. omg they'd die if they ever hit gaiaonline. the theft there can get kind of blatant. to the point where people are copy and pasting entire layouts from one roleplay to another without bothering to credit or anything.

I used to RP a ton on Gaia and Flight Rising. I participated in a few pretty good ones and met a handful of amazing writers.

Wow let's go back to 06 shall we. I was freshmen in HS and I just read MR the Angel experiment and searched it. I found the MR forum and started my rping life. We made a special group called MegaGlomp. It was great, just a big group made of friends. I went back to the new MR forum which was now based off the new James Patterson book.

All of that is gone now though.

I began on a site called Howrse. It's actual purpose is breeding horses, but the role playing forums are spectacular. It was where I gained my talent in description.

I started roleplaying on an trivia app called "QuizUp." It was a long time ago, two years to be precise. I chatted rather than took quizzes. xD

It got pretty god damn boring after a while. There were character limits, and we roleplayed the same topic for a decent eight months, so I decided to search up "Good roleplaying sites." It so happened that this baby happened to pop up first.

I´ve been in many forum based roleplays, but come to think of it, I stared in yahoo groups. It was THE thing some 15 years ago. Does anyone remember yahoo groups?

Most people probably actually started RPing as a child, I did. But overall, I technically realized what RPing actually was on Darkened Dawn in Roblox. When I was young though, I didn't know the name so I just called it "pretending" XP

I roleplayed on Roblox and Comic-Vine before I found RpNation (I'm still on Comic-Vine for the majority). On Roblox, I started off with game roleplaying, then group roleplaying, and eventually forum roleplaying.

Last edited by a moderator:
The very first RP site I jumped into was Fairy Tail RP, because I liked anime and it was one of the largest ones I found. I went on and off, met new friends, made some enemies, and had a good time overall.

I started out on Chicken Smoothie as well. In fact, I still roleplay over there, but the forums are so full of Warrior cats roleplays that it is hard to find something active that I actually want to rp in. The rules are also too strict for my taste. As someone who likes action, I'd like to be able to write something a little more descriptive than "she punched him." It was a nice site to get started on, and there are still some fun rps, but it seems that all the people who rp on my level tend to post once every month or so. Which is kind of boring.

I tried advanced scribes too, but nobody is really active there, so I gave up on that.

I started in Facebook with a page I made for my cringy OC character for a game I really liked at the time. It was actually really fun, I had a lot of good memories with the page and I ended up making friends on it. Though I deleted it by accident a year later and really did regret it afterwards since I had no contact with any of the people on there. It's actually sad remembering it, butt after that I eventually just moved to Kik.

I first started on Quizilla. The site has since been taken down, but did anyone else kickstart their RPing career there? I then moved onto email and few other cringe-worthy sites before finally finding this little gem :)

Hailing from an anime music website called Gendou's Anime Music. Started off with a sizable RPing community with our own forum section. At the end, RPing activities declined gradually before leaving less than 5 active RPers. With that, I decided to poke around for a substitute, and eventually I arrived here.

Oh, no. I started way back in junior high... This was years ago.. on Neopets and Marapets. Mara was my favorite place, because me and a group of roleplayers made a club on it together and we just roleplayed together all the time and knew each other so well.. Then we created a proboards. Then I created a proboards. I can't tell you what either of the boards are called now, though. So, yep, I'm THAT person!

Last edited by a moderator:
I started rping on the official warrior cat forums. I've bounced around since then, but that was by far the most notable platform I joined.

[QUOTE="Daffodil Inquiry]I started rping on the official warrior cat forums. I've bounced around since then, but that was by far the most notable platform I joined.

[/QUOTE]
I remember that forum. They're extremely strict over there.

Servant said:
If I recall correctly I first began roleplaying in Club Penguin back when I was a kid. Then I went on to roleplay in Habbo, Runescape and Panfu (A rip-off of Club Penguin but with Pandas). After that came various forums, sites, etc, etc.
RunEscape, eh? I still frequent the roleplay server, though I hardly actually do it there. How long ago did you play? I might have just seen you around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back